Weird Food Combos - It Shouldn’t Taste Good But...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years ago Cadburys advertised Creme Eggs by showing weird ways people ate them. One of them was dipping chips in. It's really quite nice. I definitely like salt and chocolate together - LOVE chocolate covered pretzels. If they made chocolate covered crisps I would eat them like nobody's business.

Cocktail sausage and Cherry Bakewell tart. In the same mouthful.
I used to eat sugar sandwiches occasionally as a child in the 90s they were something my Mum and Dad grew up eating.
Ditto golden syrup sandwiches and golden syrup on Yorkshire pudding
Digestive biscuits with cheese
Drinking plain milk makes me gag so to encourage me as a child my Mum used to make a kind of custard milkshake for me out of Bird's custard powder, cold milk and sugar. I still cannot resist this.
Frazzles sandwich

Weirdly if I'm eating a dinner e.g. Meat, veg, potatoes etc I have to eat each element separately starting with the veg, then potato then meat UNLESS it's a jacket potato - then I eat the veg, the inside of the potato then the meat and finish with the potato skin as a treat.

If I have lasagne I eat the meat layers first and save the top layer for last. 😝

I also cannot tip the fruit of Fruit Corners into the yogurt - I eat the fruit first then the yogurt because I think it's the nicest yogurt ever made!
Regarding eating items on plate in order, if it is meat, veg and carbs, I always eat the carbs first then regret it because all that is left is the veg. I should do it the other way round.

Reactions: 1
I should have explained that better [emoji23] il make liquorice tea, peppermint, chocolate pukka tea or salted caramel twinnings and use that to make my coffee if it’s instant.
Then add the almond milk and caramel/white chocolate or peanut butter coffee drops from my protein [emoji51]
Takes a good 15 min [emoji23]

I haven’t seen chip sticks in years!!!!

Wow sounds amazing hahaha that’d make my tea breaks from work so much longer too!!!

What are chip sticks please?

I’ve had lots of people saying I’m weird for liking pancakes and bacon but can’t be that weird as it’s staple dish on many breakfast menus.

I do like a sweet and savoury combination though.

Only other weird thing is suoernoodle sandwiches.
Super noodle sandwiches are the most epic invention ever . They are amazing

• Heart
Ketchup on pancakes 😮
And @Tilly i can’t even comment on this 🤢 I haven’t ate it and I can already feel it coming back up 🙄

Hot Popcorn and minstrels are definitely a combination.
I used to put minstrels on the radiator to melt the inside slightly 😂 in the bag obviously 😬

Ok as a kid we used to have rich tea biscuit sandwiches with butter in the middle as a dessert/treat
I sound like I was dragged up 😂 is this a thing for anyone else?

I would do something crazy like this!
I used to love mashed potato on buttered bread like a sandwich.

My grandparents talked about this! Is it wrong it sounds good.
I suppose it’s like butter and jam, with zero nutrition but also less chance of staining your face red as a kid. 😂
We grew up with sugar sandwiches and that was in the 80's so we were dragged up too 😂

I could totally go a Rich tea biscuit/butter sandwich now. 😐
The cheap 80’s rich tea biscuits.

Does anyone remember when the biscuit factories used to sell off the faulty biscuits in clear plastic bags 😂 my grandparents would LOSE THEIR tit telling the stories from their childhood but even when I was a kid they sold them off in bulk 🤣
I miss the days of not being able to afford biscuits 🤷 they were such a luxury item.

👆 I remember those. It was a big day in the house if we opened a box of broken biscuits and 50% of them were bourbons and custard creams. Malted milk always featured heavily, too.

I prefer French toast (eggy bread) with maple syrup and bacon on the side. Completely normal on menus US restaurants.

I love anything pickled. Pickled cabbage, pickled beetroot, gherkins MMMM. It’s the German in me.
My new craving is kimchi. Sauerkraut too.

Myself and my husband get through about 2 jars of horseradish a month. I am completely addicted to the stuff.
I used to ask a local cafe to spread mustard and horseradish together on a roll and then add salad. This and a cup of their delicious soup was my lunch for months and months when I worked in Central London.

Omg chicken or pork fat that’s cooled down and set on bread with salt is the best.
My Yorkshire born mother put the fat from a roast, usually beef, in the fridge and then had it spread on bread or toast. Add salt and pepper. Bread and dripping. She was brought up on this.

Last edited:
I eat onions like apples.

Feral, but true 🤪

I prefer French toast (eggy bread) with maple syrup and bacon on the side. Completely normal on menus US restaurants.

My new craving is kimchi. Sauerkraut too.

I used to ask a local cafe to spread mustard and horseradish together on a roll and then add salad. This and a cup of their delicious soup was my lunch for months and months when I worked in Central London.

My Yorkshire born mother put the fat from a roast, usually beef, in the fridge and then had it spread on bread or toast. Add salt and pepper. Bread and dripping. She was brought up on this.
Bread and dripping. An absolute staple here in Sheffield.

I've been sick the past few days and started getting my appetite back today but knew I couldn't eat a full meal. I was craving carbs so I cooked some potato waffles, ate them in buttered bread and dipped in gravy. No nutritional value whatsoever :ROFLMAO:

I eat onions like apples.

Feral, but true 🤪

Bread and dripping. An absolute staple here in Sheffield.
Ha ha that’s where my mum was from!

Onion sandwiches are pretty good on buttered crusty white bread with salt and pepper.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I like potatoes with mustard, ( not hot English mustard) especially American mustard. Chips or boiled potatoes especially. My paternal grandmother had German parents and she was given boiled potatoes with mustard as an after school snack. I always buy different types of German mustard from Lidl or Aldi when they have them. The Bavarian version is good and a bit sweet.

I’ll be monitoring this thread and the first person who mentions pasta and ketchup will get a court summons 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just noticed this thread. Right get a packet of salt and vinegar mccoys, open a tin of sweetcorn and scoop the sweetcorn out like a crisps and dip, no hate til you've tried it!

• Sick
I’ve seen on twitter today people saying they eat steak with tomato sauce 🤮🤮

Chip sticks are the ultimate crisp... and frazzles!

Another one who dips McDonald’s chips in strawberry milkshake...the stuff hungover dreams are made of. My fiancé thinks I’m a wrong en but he puts salad cream on pizza.