Weird Food Combos - It Shouldn’t Taste Good But...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just noticed this thread. Right get a packet of salt and vinegar mccoys, open a tin of sweetcorn and scoop the sweetcorn out like a crisps and dip, no hate til you've tried it!
Sweet corn = the turds of Satan’s pet hamster...... 🤢

My fiancé thinks I’m a wrong en but he puts salad cream on pizza.
And you’re going to marry into this farce!!! 😳😰

I’ll be monitoring this thread and the first person who mentions pasta and ketchup will get a court summons 😂
And the name of a good multivitamin with a diet like that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It’s not so odd but friends look at me a bit 🤔when I say marmite and peanut butter.

Honestly it’s delicious😊
I totally agree cold toast with cold butter marmite then peanut butter and it has to be in that order or it’s not right 😂😂

• Heart
Haven’t got any weird food combos but I’m a B5 on the tea chart.
This sounds like a blood group 🤣😂
I totally forgot about the tea chart for a second 😅

Cheese and onion crisp and mustard sandwiches as kids.
Not that fluorescent yellow American crap. 😐
Mustard from Holland.
I know nothing more than “it’s from Holland”
I’m assuming the country.
And not Holland and Barrett, because it was about 20 years ago.

After reading this lot mine seems sane.

I like to dip buttered toast in a cup of tea. It's gotta be a quick dip though . Even better with marmite 😈.

Peanut butter ( or for me, almond) and banana sandwiches.

These aren't really that weird but to some they might be.

Waffle fries with BBQ honey mustard sauce.

Chicken salad ( with lots of mustard) that has to be dipped into and eaten with pretzels.

Miracle Whip ( I think only in America?), cheese and tomato sandwiches.

Pear halves with cheese and cherries on top.

Can you tell I'm southern? 😅

Some people round these parts do mayo and banana so just be thankful I'm not aboard that train ahahah.

I’ve had lots of people saying I’m weird for liking pancakes and bacon but can’t be that weird as it’s staple dish on many breakfast menus.

I do like a sweet and savoury combination though.

Only other weird thing is suoernoodle sandwiches.

Oh my gosh love pancakes, bacon and maple syrup! 😍😍

Pickled beetroot is amazing! I would eat that with weetabix crumbled on years ago. And gherkins. Anyone who chucks a gherkin needs an intervention.

I FOUND MY FELLOW FOOD FREAKS 😂
Pickled beetroot 😍 my pregnancy craving!!

Definitely! I’m dying to try it but my teeth wouldn’t forgive me. I know there’s a similar thing in Australia - fairy bread? Basically same thing except with hundreds&thousands on top instead of sugar!
My niece and nephew love fairy bread! Over there it’s a staple at every kids party

If we have a Chinese and get curry sauce I have to have loads and loads of vinegar in it
I love digestives with butter and cheese in the middle too

Last edited:
Yessss to the McDonald’s fries dipped in milkshake (or McFlurry!)

Also walkers cheese and onion crisps with Milky Way magic stars. Not mixed in the same bag, just eaten at the same time 😍

I had some coleslaw to use up
so scooped it up using crisps. Very nice

Reactions: 3
I love pasta and salt (from my very skint days as a single mum)
Also put salt on my toast (rarely have toast now)
Mustard on chips/steak/lamb/pork chops

My dad loves beans on toast-with a thick helping of strawberry jam on the toast

What kind of mustard? I have Dijon and American in my house at all times and love it with chips too, I also spread it on bread, along with butter before making cheese on toast. I also like it with boiled potatoes. My grandmother with German heritage used to give me boiled potatoes with mustard as an after school snack. Her mother gave her the same. Bavarian mustard is also something I try to keep in stock. Lidl often has it. Mustard is a traditional accompaniment to steak/roast beef and pork and ham.

Oh and mustard added to beans on toast is good. Add while heating the beans. I also add vinegar. And sometimes hot sauce. Spreading marmite on the toast after buttering is good too.

Last edited:
Stone ground mustard on hard boiled eggs. Not wild if you think of it as deconstructed egg salad minus the mayonnaise.

Stone ground mustard on hard boiled eggs. Not wild if you think of it as deconstructed egg salad minus the mayonnaise.
I put mustard in tuna mayo and in egg mayo. I also add celery and onion to both of those. Also add hot sauce. Serve between two lightly toasted pieces of bread. I make hot creamed tuna with mustard and serve it on toast.

Mcdonalds chips dipped into strawberry milkshake
Bacon sandwich with ketchup and mayo mixed

Potato waffle, spread with Nutella, topped with a rasher of salty bacon.