Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weighing yourself daily is a useful tool to learning about your body but for tracking weight loss you really need to pick a particular day on your cycle and compare monthly. Weigh yourself 1st day of your period if you still have them and compare. Also starving yourself or stuffing your self isn't going to show on the scales the next day, it's a process both ways.

Reactions: 6
So I appreciate to lose weight I need to have a calorie deficit can that be over a week or must it be daily? Can I go over on a Friday with a portion of pizza and eat less to make up the next two days ?

I’m trying to get away from good food / bad food and do something I can sustain for the long term

I’ve just done a kick start week with a PT trainer but felt the advice was poor but was it? I’m clinically obese and she isn’t

So their advice was

1/no snacking ever not even fruit/veg sticks

2/ Eat three meals palm size protein, half a palm carbohydrates unlimited veg

3/ Two litres water daily

Most of the women in the group ( who posted ) seemed to be hungry and got into the good food/bad food cycle

I ignored all three as I like an apple mid afternoon and if I’m counting the calories I’m not seeing the issue

The palm thing just seems incorrect from a Google and I thought the 2l of water daily has long been disproven?

But as I say I’m obese and she isn’t

Reactions: 2
The water seems a bit excessive, I had always been told to drink only when thirsty or if I thought I was hungry an to try drinking, give it some time an then see how I felt, if I was still hungry then eat somthing as water intake can vary from day to day, days where you don't do much don't require much water compared to days where you are doing alot more, an hotter days need more than colder days etc

It can take a good long while of not drinking before you can become dehydrated but it doesn't take long to over hydrant you

Reactions: 1
So I appreciate to lose weight I need to have a calorie deficit can that be over a week or must it be daily? Can I go over on a Friday with a portion of pizza and eat less to make up the next two days ?
yes you can absolutely work out your calories for the week and “save” some for the weekend if that’s what works for you.
1700 cals a day over a week (for example) is 11,900 - it’s up to you how you split them. I’d advise not to go too low each day and maybe just save 100 each day for the weekend rather than 500 each day if that makes sense?

Reactions: 4
Down 1.5lbs this week! Having a night off tonight as it’s my belated birthday dinner at a fancy restaurant!! First time not feeling guilty about not sticking to it, going to try and stay in maintenance or go just slightly over but not go craaaazy. Total loss so far is 9lbs!

Reactions: 9
Down 1.5lbs this week! Having a night off tonight as it’s my belated birthday dinner at a fancy restaurant!! First time not feeling guilty about not sticking to it, going to try and stay in maintenance or go just slightly over but not go craaaazy. Total loss so far is 9lbs!
Wooo happy belated birthday! Enjoy your meal and try not to think about calories etc - it's only one meal and you've done amazingly already!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone!

I've posted on this thread before but I have for the first time in my life been consistently working myself in the gym, eaten well and have seen a difference in the scale for the first time ever.
I have been trying to diet since I was about 13 (a sickening thought) and I'm 22 in July. It really is time to do something about it.

I started on January 4th at 93kg.
I weighed 89.8kg on the 17th January.

I weigh myself at my gym and it does a full body composition. Seeing my BMI and fat % going down every week is so rewarding.

I want to get my weight down to between 60-70kg before I decide what to do next (lose more, build muscle etc).

I weigh myself every Monday and I go to the gym every single day. If I can fit a second gym session in, I always do. So I'd say I probably work out between 8 and 9 times a week. I'm not sure how sustainable this is, but for now it works.
I'm going through a lot in my personal life at the moment and my mind pushes me towards the gym so I just listen to it and go. Usually for me, comfort eating is the answer. But I won't do that to myself any longer.

I'm excited to be on this journey with you all 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I also read that as women we should track our weight loss over a longer period of time than men, ie monthly trends over weekly, because of how our bodies change across our cycles. It's normal for example for our weight loss to grind to a halt the week before our periods, and for the results to not really show until our period has passed. I'm trying to patient when things slow down for this reason.
So glad you wrote this - this is me this week! Just came on today so 🤞🏻 for better next week.

Reactions: 3
As long as tomorrow's weight holds, I will be 1.7lb down this week! Which is way more than I expected, so even if my weight is up tomorrow and my weekly avergage gets pulled up, hopefully I'll still have a loss 🤞 I'm proud of myself for making some healthy choices this week (along with some less healthy, because balance) and for sticking to my exercise goals.

Reactions: 9
Wondered where the thread had got to!

Scales still resolutely at the same weight again. However, I'm due on and getting the occasional twinges that mean it's definitely going to be here by Tuesday (no sore boobs this month, which is weird?) and the superduper expensive dress I complained about getting stuck in early on in the Thread #1 came out for an important meeting. Got Mr D to zip it up and it's too loose over my upper back now and there's enough airspace to hide a bag of apples in the front.

Thought my arse had remained the same when I got back from the meeting and took it off, only to find that as I stepped out of it, he hadn't undone the zip fully and my arse was going through the waist measurement, not the bit where the designer had thought 'it needs to open to here for somebody to get it on and off'

Today's food has been oven baked GF fish and GF chips (a treat because I worked late and he was on a zoom conference when I got in - I fell asleep before he finished) and the proper treat for tea - rice with turmeric, peas and spring onions and crispy spicy prawns on top.

Depending upon what time we wake up, I'll see whether he wants to go to the gym for a short session. Then there's a supermarket delivery coming in the evening with some posh ingredients we can portion up for meals. He'll just have to pick up the standard things from round the corner.

Best of all though, is that he's finally paid for the long promised replacement dishwasher today and it's coming for next weekend. A cleaner and more organised kitchen means better cooking. Neither of us need to burn off calories washing up when we can do it loading and unloading a dishwasher, after all...

Reactions: 8
Currently stress eating and not weighing myself as I’m moving house in a few days. 😬

Have just ordered the fitness chef’s new book as it’s currently 30% off on Amazon and hoping once we’re settled in new house that I can use it to get myself back in the right mindset.

I was packing clothes yesterday and did get rid of most of the stuff that’s too small but kept a couple of pretty dresses that I couldn’t part with. I have a friends wedding in June but the dresses are about three sizes too small so that might be a bit ambitious.

I found all my running gear too so that was a good reminder. It’s just finding the motivation for that as I have a young toddler and a husband that works evenings so if I want to consistently go I need to go first thing in the morning before work and it’s currently dark and cold, not to mention I’m not sure I’d feel safe.

Weighed myself yesterday and I was 3 pounds down for the week
However last night I had my first night out in nearly 2 years (lockdown and pregnancy kinda stopped it before) and I am now terrified to weigh myself after a night of drinking and cheesy chips

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Have just ordered the fitness chef’s new book as it’s currently 30% off on Amazon and hoping once we’re settled in new house that I can use it to get myself back in the right mindset.
Please let us know how you find it! I’m thinking of buying too 😊
Scales still resolutely at the same weight again. However, I'm due on and getting the occasional twinges that mean it's definitely going to be here by Tuesday (no sore boobs this month, which is weird?)
OMG I was exactly the same this week! Always have them without fail but not this month.. how strange 😰😰

Reactions: 3
Back from my trip to the US and therefore back to routine! Going to go to Aldi tomorrow and get some food in for the week and meal plan

Reactions: 6
Does anybody do intermittent fasting? Eating between 12 and 8 kills me so I wondered about extending the window to do an eating window of 10 and 8pm… anybody have any experience not sure if this would even benefit me losing weight 😆

It’s your ‘total daily energy expenditure’ - aka it estimates the amount of calories you burn in a day - through exercise, activity and just your normal bodily functions - heart beating, breathing etc. You then subtract 500 or so from this number to calculate your calorie deficit - a deficit of 500 a day means you should lose around 1lb a week. ☺
I’ve just worked mine out and I can completely see why I’m not losing 😂

Last edited:
Does anybody do intermittent fasting? Eating between 12 and 8 kills me so I wondered about extending the window to do an eating window of 10 and 8pm… anybody have any experience not sure if this would even benefit me losing weight 😆

I’ve just worked mine out and I can completely see why I’m not losing 😂

If not eating before lunchtime and then stopping after dinner worked, I'd never have got morbidly obese in the first place. And fainting is just so bloody inelegant (the way I do it, at any rate).

I find actually having 'something' (a protein shake because it's all I can manage) in the morning, then lunch, then dinner means I'm on a more even keel and less likely to do the panicstriken 'tit, I've got to eat NOW before I keel over' or have a snack that comprises the difference between weight loss and putting even more weight on.

If not eating before lunchtime and then stopping after dinner worked, I'd never have got morbidly obese in the first place. And fainting is just so bloody inelegant (the way I do it, at any rate).

I find actually having 'something' (a protein shake because it's all I can manage) in the morning, then lunch, then dinner means I'm on a more even keel and less likely to do the panicstriken 'tit, I've got to eat NOW before I keel over' or have a snack that comprises the difference between weight loss and putting even more weight on.
Ahh you’re probably right. I get in a panic, need to lose a stone asap so I decide I have to be extreme. A protein shake in the morning isn’t a bad shout to be fair

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.