Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone! I’ve lost another 2 pounds hit my first target, I’m super happy! 😀

Can’t believe a couple of years ago I was about a stone and a half heavier than I am now. I know that might be slow progress for some but it’s staying off so that must be a good thing!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm gonna give up. I'll never get in the shape I need to be before june.

(tmi) in summer I had minor surgery to drain a perianal abscess. Tis morning I woke up feeling the same pain as I did in summer. Luckily my doctor was on duty this weekend so I go to go immediately and she confirmed my fears I have a new perianal abscess and she suspects I have a bartholin cyst. She referred me to the docter that did my surgery but I'll have to wait until the 7th to see him. I truly hope it will not get any worse. 😢
At least al my covid symptoms are gone

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I sts this week but l had my period so l always do. It was a healthy week so it was a win.

Reactions: 2
It was my birthday on saturday so the last few days I feel like I ate my weight in cake 😂 No regrets! I'm going back to my healthy eating again today!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
January is a hard month anyway without trying to lose weight. Be kind to yourselves ❤xx

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone tried Fast800?
My friends doing it now, lost half a stone in 2 weeks. She's not finding it too hard yet. She's only got a couple of stone to lose but it's all on her belly and face. Saw her Saturday and her face has definitely slimmed down, couldn't see her belly🤣

Reactions: 3
Had a good week last week but weighed in today and 4lbs back up from my overall 6lb loss! Trying to take my own advice as its first day on this month so weighing was probably not a good idea. I'm also hoping that the slow weight loss means my body is busy building muscle. Trying to stay motivated for another good week.

Hey Tattlers! Joining this thread for some motivation! I’m sick and tired of hating the way I look in photos.. Here’s hoping I can drop the extra weight I’m carrying and keep it off long term. 💪🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Had a good week last week but weighed in today and 4lbs back up from my overall 6lb loss! Trying to take my own advice as its first day on this month so weighing was probably not a good idea. I'm also hoping that the slow weight loss means my body is busy building muscle. Trying to stay motivated for another good week.
I'd note the weight and the next time you get your period, compare, probably more representative of how you're doing

Reactions: 2
Down another lb! Total loss 10lbs since January 1st! My birthday dinner on Saturday made me gain a pound the next morning but I reckon it was water retention as I stuck to it yesterday and I’m down to 172.2lbs now! Started at 182 lbs so that’s 10lbs!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Down another lb! Total loss 10lbs since January 1st! My birthday dinner on Saturday made me gain a pound the next morning but I reckon it was water retention as I stuck to it yesterday and I’m down to 172.2lbs now! Started at 182 lbs so that’s 10lbs!
Amazing! Well done you! Do you have any tips/tricks you’re willing to share? 😍

Reactions: 3
After changing jobs to something less time consuming, I am on a mission to get back down to a good weight for me, I started about 1 stone and 11 pounds over that weight thanks to the pandemic and a week in and I'm about 1lb down, not much but I have never been one to lose a lot quickly, as long as I can start to turn the tanker (which I think I've started) then I should be able to hit a steady 1.5lb a week (which I was losing a few years ago and I had been maintaining that weight loss until the pandemic). We're back into the office next week so that should mean more moving about generally.

• Heart
I did my first step class tonight. Managed to keep up with about 90% of it, which I wouldn’t have been able to do this time last year (4 stone heavier). AND I only almost tripped over the step once so that’s a win! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Amazing! Well done you! Do you have any tips/tricks you’re willing to share? 😍
I’ve quit drinking for good which I’m sure is helping a lot- if I’m honest I wouldn’t eat a lot of junk before but I definitely had a very unhealthy relationship with alcohol and it was just calories and piling on the pounds.
ive also been diagnosed as coeliac, so cutting gluten out has really helped I think as well! Before I found it hard to loose weight and (except for the alcohol) I’ve found a lot of people with coeliac on online message boards saying they couldn’t loose weight whilst eating gluten.
Other than that, calories in has to be less than calories out. This simple fact, without fad diets or weird regimes has really helped me understand snd stick to it. There are ways I’ve been boosting this and trying to improve my health and nutrition- I used to do slimming world and their rule of having 1/3 of every meal minimum be a speed food (super fruit or vegetable) has been a really good plan to follow- even if I’m not sticking to the full plan and paying for classes, this one trick is definitely helping me stay fuller for longer (and healthier!).
ive also found making lunch the big meal of the day, and then only having a small dinner really helpful. Maybe that’s just because of my daily routine but I have a long commute with a fair bit of walking so I’m always hungry at work- I’ve found having a 500-600kcal lunch then a 400kcal dinner a lot better. (Don’t worry I also have breakfast and snacks!)
I would also say calorie count EVERYTHING to begin with and then as you go on and get better you’ll be able to estimate. Weigh all your food as you do so as well, never guesstimate. The small size of portions really freaked me out at first, I’d been eating 2-3 portions of cereal in one go, and sadly probably about 20 portions of Mayo with one dinner ahahaha. Ive stopped calorie counting vegetables, especially broccoli and other super veggies now as I can measure by eye okay. Also, don’t be scared of calorie counting- I was terrified if I went over but it’s okay- your calorie ‘allowance’ as it were is best measured over a week and it’s up to you how to dole them out (but obvs don’t do 3000 on one day and 500 on another haha). I had a belated birthday dinner on Saturday and I counted the approx calories for it- I went over my weight loss calorie amount but stayed within my maintenance which I would say is a good goal for ‘cheat meals’ but I don’t think I’d do a cheat day as that would make me feel bad. On this note, don’t deprive yourself! Enjoy your favourite food but make it a treat and hold yourself accountable- this is about building a healthy relationship with food and your body in order to create habits for life we’ll live by to stay a healthy weight in the long run.
I also love to cook, which is great for creating lovely home cooked meals- I would recommend cooking at home whenever you can. Even if you don’t there are millions of healthy recipes online that take five mins and a couple of ingredients to whip up!
I’m also not too concerned with exercise at the moment- it’s something I want to do further down the line definitely and id love to get fit and active but food and nutrition is the way to loose weight so I will introduce it when I’m feeling a bit lighter as it were, and sobriety is 100% my priority rn.
calculate your TDEE as well (google TDEE calculator)- using your height and weight and age, it will tell you what your maintenance calories are and then you have a base to set off from in terms of how much to eat- remember 500kcal deficit a day for a week should equal 1lb loss a week, but that can change depending on water weight etc…
Also (finally I promise!) something that I’m still working on myself is not being scared of the number on the scale. It will fluctuate with water, if you do a lot of exercise or walking the day before, hormones you name it! As long as there’s a downward trend, you’re heading in the right direction!!
Golly, I hope this helps!! I’m still early into my journey but I’m doing so much research it’s really helping me understand my body and my life journey!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.