Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I just got verbally abused in public for the first time in years. An old woman looked me up and down and went "you need to go on a diet." It upset me a bit but now I'm like, and what? She was homeless and the woman walking in front of me had just refused to give her change so think I got the brunt of it. Some miserable hag doesn't get to make me feel tit about the body I'm working hard to make healthier. Also reminded me of a gang of lads saying I should put my tree trunk thighs away when I was an underweight teenager. Haters gonna hate no matter what you look like.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
So I just got verbally abused in public for the first time in years. An old woman looked me up and down and went "you need to go on a diet." It upset me a bit but now I'm like, and what? She was homeless and the woman walking in front of me had just refused to give her change so think I got the brunt of it. Some miserable hag doesn't get to make me feel tit about the body I'm working hard to make healthier. Also reminded me of a gang of lads saying I should put my tree trunk thighs away when I was an underweight teenager. Haters gonna hate no matter what you look like.
I’m so sorry that happened! People bleeping suck. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That is dreadful. I am so sorry it happened to you. Thank god you have a kick ass attitude!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Good news: I finally bought a new scale 😁

Bad news: I tested positive for covid 😷

I’m so sorry that happened! ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I've got the January blahs bad!! I skipped the treadmill this morning but have (so far...) stuck to my calories. I used to always take a holiday in January to break up the dreary winter months before spring. Need to plan some things to look forward to.

Reactions: 5
Am curious to know how you can tell if you have water weight or not, I'll often hear people say they gained a pound or two but its fine cause its water weight, how do they tell, its it cause they lose inches but not weight?

Am curious to know how you can tell if you have water weight or not, I'll often hear people say they gained a pound or two but its fine cause its water weight, how do they tell, its it cause they lose inches but not weight?
You need to consume 3500 excess calories to gain 1lb. If you suddenly gain a few lbs overnight it's usually due to water retention or maybe having a big meal or maybe not going for a poo! If you're consistently gaining a few lbs it's probably fat and not water.

Reactions: 4
I think it’s more what you’ve done the day prior if your weight is up on the last time you’ve weighed in. For example a heavy workout can cause water retention (your body does it to repair muscle) or if you’ve eaten really salty food. A sudden increase in weight after these things (if you’ve otherwise stuck to plan) is more likely to be water retention than gaining 2lbs of fat, if that makes sense?

I can normally tell either in my stomach or my face tbh. But also...I just wouldn't stress about gaining 1-2lbs anyway. I mean, I get when you're trying to lose weight gaining 1 lb can feel devastating if you've tried hard all week, but there's so many factors that influence it. Eating a salty meal, not going to the loo, where you are on your cycle if you have periods, if you've done a lot of exercise and especially weights, for me I gain weight every single time I don't get enough sleep too and I suffer badly with insomnia so there's no point weighing myself when I've had a bad night's sleep, you might've drank a bit more water the day before or something. I do think weighing yourself every day helps with this worry because when you see the patterns and how your body responds to certain factors you panic less about 1-2 lbs

I did a workout on Tuesday night, and yesterday I drank LOADS to compensate for the amount of sweating I had done. This morning, I am 2lbs heavier than yesterday. There is no way it is physically possible for me to have gained 2lbs in fat in 24 hours when I was in calorie deficit. Therefore, I know logically it must be water. In the next day or two it will come off and I expect I will show a couple of pounds off. :)

Reactions: 4
As I went through menopause I weighed myself every day and diarised everything. I started noticing stuff like m shoes feeling tight one day and then the next I'd be pissing like an elephant and the 5lb I'd gained would disappear within 48 hours.

Reactions: 2
Thanks guys, that was helpful to know, there's been times where I've gained an I have no idea what I've done to gain so put it down to maybe not getting in as much exercise I should or not realising I had that extra biscuit one night, I always thought there was a way you could tell it was water weight like maybe the weight had gained but inches were lower around the stomach or somthing, I didn't realise it was like that where the gained weight didn't make sense so it was water

I do know with cycles my weight will go up so I nornally don't care much that week as I know it will be going back down after again, so I'll skip a week with weighing

Reactions: 3
This week has seen a few more snacks sneaking in, but I still haven't bought any sweets or chocolate 💪

10th Jan start weight: 13 stone 8
Current weight: 13 stone 4
Goal weight: 11 stone (at least)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Lost 1/2lbs this week. I was doing really well then my 3 yr old had a couple of bad nights sleep and it knocked me massively. Need to develop some strategies for the day after a bad nights sleep as I tend to eat badly. It’s like the tiredness takes any willpower or desire to eat healthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hope everyone has had a good week! So far i've only lost 1lb this week, which i think is fine as i've been exercising quite regularly and I know that can slow down results. Going to have a rest day tomorrow and hopefully it will show on the scale.

• Heart
A very slow week for me, I’m only 0.75lb down. I’m hoping it’s hormonal 🤞🏻 But I’ve kept up the exercise when I really didn’t feel like it, so I’m counting that as a win!

• Heart
I've gained a pound this week. I an disappointed, but I have just tested positive and over the last 2 days I've drank about 8 litres because my throat is so sore!
I've also read so many people who say they had big losses during COVID. Well, I haven't stopped eating for 2 days, so its doubtful in my case! Lol

• Heart
I've gained a pound this week. I an disappointed, but I have just tested positive and over the last 2 days I've drank about 8 litres because my throat is so sore!
I've also read so many people who say they had big losses during COVID. Well, I haven't stopped eating for 2 days, so its doubtful in my case! Lol
I had the same problem, barely had symptoms but got that knawing pain in the ribs that happens when I'm starving and just went on a food rampage

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.