Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've gained a pound this week. I an disappointed, but I have just tested positive and over the last 2 days I've drank about 8 litres because my throat is so sore!
I've also read so many people who say they had big losses during COVID. Well, I haven't stopped eating for 2 days, so its doubtful in my case! Lol
Hope you feel better soon! I have no doubt I’d be exactly the same as you 😂

My starting weight on 1st Jan was 170.8lbs, today's weight is 163.2lbs. Quite pleased with that.

I have been using an app called Libra to document my daily weight. It gives an average weight too, so today my average weight/trend line is 166.1lbs... it means the odd day I increase in water weight etc the trend line is still decreasing. The app has a graph for the trend line which I think is helpful to see too.
Feeling the mental battle today. Weight has stayed at 163lbs for the last few days. Trend line has gone down 1lb. Keep trying to remind myself that's the important part but can't understand why I have stayed the same weight. Ate the same, drank the same, exercised the same. I have been feeling hungrier the last day or so. Time of the month is due next week so hoping that's to blame for the lack of progress! 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Week 3: -0.5. It’s still a loss, so it’ll do. Hormones playing havoc over the last 2 days so feeling bloated. Onwards! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was careful in everything I ate yesterday and drank water and put on a pound….. it’s frustrating, this yo-yo weight thing has gone on for ages

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Haven't lost anything this week, same as last week trying not to get discouraged. I haven't snacked at all, literally just had 3 low calorie meals a day. I've walked a few times this week too. Hoping next week will see a loss.
Not sure where I'm going wrong? Thinking about upping excersise?

Reactions: 3
Week one and i've put on 1.6lbs which tbh is a bit weird and not what I was expecting, fair enough I didn't get much exercise (stuck in the house past 2 and a half weeks with both myself and my LO having covid) but I even feel my tummy a bit less bloated etc... the scales are a funny ol thing, there are so many variables which can affect scale weight! Anyway onwards and upwards, I shan't let it defeat me and on we go to being healthier versions of ourselves! X

Reactions: 5
Please remember yes a calorie deficit is key for fat loss BUT the below also play a role in your scale weight:

Having more salt and the types of seasonings in food the previous day.
Later dinner so it's not digested.
Inflammation from walking a lot or doing a workout in the previous days
Stress, yep, even stressing about the next days weigh in and or hormonal?
Drinking more water than usual or upped intake.
You may have digested food in your system still because haven't used to toilet yet.
Have you honestly tracked everything including dressings, milk in drinks, sauces and seasonings etc?

Remember too that fitness trackers and fitness machines are not accurate with calories out either so best not to rely on them and try not to 'eat back' as you may think you've burnt 500kcal and eat back 300kcal but actually you only burnt 300kcal and you're then eating 300kcal.

If you've drunk your water, hit your steps, done your workouts and eaten more nutrient dense foods than less nutrient dense foods all week that's a bigger win than what scales say. Don't let it dishearten you and get you down or go too hard on the exercise and cutting food the following week to 'make up for it' just carry on, consistency creates habits which make it long term sustainable.

If you stagnate or gain for a few weeks consecutively, consider tweaks but don't let the scales get to you. It's hard not to get frustrated but remember it's a lifestyle change and bodies are complex things ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Lost 1.7 lb this week so 0.8kg,
My plan is 0.5kg a week so I'm happy with that ☺
Have a great weekend guys, let's keep going 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Please remember yes a calorie deficit is key for fat loss BUT the below also play a role in your scale weight:

Having more salt and the types of seasonings in food the previous day.
Later dinner so it's not digested.
Inflammation from walking a lot or doing a workout in the previous days
Stress, yep, even stressing about the next days weigh in and or hormonal?
Drinking more water than usual or upped intake.
You may have digested food in your system still because haven't used to toilet yet.
Have you honestly tracked everything including dressings, milk in drinks, sauces and seasonings etc?

Remember too that fitness trackers and fitness machines are not accurate with calories out either so best not to rely on them and try not to 'eat back' as you may think you've burnt 500kcal and eat back 300kcal but actually you only burnt 300kcal and you're then eating 300kcal.

If you've drunk your water, hit your steps, done your workouts and eaten more nutrient dense foods than less nutrient dense foods all week that's a bigger win than what scales say. Don't let it dishearten you and get you down or go too hard on the exercise and cutting food the following week to 'make up for it' just carry on, consistency creates habits which make it long term sustainable.

If you stagnate or gain for a few weeks consecutively, consider tweaks but don't let the scales get to you. It's hard not to get frustrated but remember it's a lifestyle change and bodies are complex things ❤

Great tips, thank you!!

So hard not to get disheartened when you think you've been doing great all week!

Reactions: 3
That's great.
Did you find it straightforward to follow?
Yes. I've found it very straightforward. I've tuned in to my genuine hunger pains instead of eating out of boredom. On my 500 Cal days I've had a coffee in the morning and kept the remainder of my cals for dinner. It worked well for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Great tips, thank you!!

So hard not to get disheartened when you think you've been doing great all week!
You're welcome, it's things picked up along the way but if they help someone else sharing is caring. Being a product of the 90s I've seen the body shaming magazine articles, done the rediculous workouts and diets in them and it's hard to shake off but thankfully over the years learning to unlearn.

I'd be a liar if I said I never get disheartened and annoyed still but sometimes just need to remind yourself its not a linear process and bodies can just go a little haywire sometimes out of your control and that's not a failure or you not doing great if you know you've done what you can 😊

Reactions: 4
Got four treadmill sessions in this week and I'm fine with that. :) Hoping to be back in healthy BMI range by next weekend. 🤞

• Heart
I also read that as women we should track our weight loss over a longer period of time than men, ie monthly trends over weekly, because of how our bodies change across our cycles. It's normal for example for our weight loss to grind to a halt the week before our periods, and for the results to not really show until our period has passed. I'm trying to patient when things slow down for this reason.

Reactions: 10
I've gained a pound this week. I an disappointed, but I have just tested positive and over the last 2 days I've drank about 8 litres because my throat is so sore!
I've also read so many people who say they had big losses during COVID. Well, I haven't stopped eating for 2 days, so its doubtful in my case! Lol
Hope you feel better soon!

I finnaly felt better and to celebrate I rode 100 Km on my stationary bike 😅

Haven't lost any weight but that's probably hormonal

Hi lovelies! Haven’t lost any weight this week, but haven’t tracked calories either, and been running 3/4 times a week since the start of the year. HOWEVER NSV: the size 14 jeans I bought at the start of last year for, do up, and I actually WORE THEM TO WORK the other day. By the end of the day I was dying to take them off but THEY FIT. One more size to go 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm weighing in fortnightly and I've lost 5lh. I'm calorie counting and I'm not feeling deprived at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.