Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had the same problem, got to 66kg with a lot of running, stopped running and inched up to 70kg where I stagnated. I knocked off about 100 cals from each meal and started running again but only up to 5k and it's finally started to shift. Now at 68kg, another 2 to 3 to go

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hello. I’m new to this thread but struggling with my weight. I lost 2 stone and kept it off over a year ago but could really do with losing another stone or two at least.
ive been on around 1850 cals a day for quite sometime with little to no movement - same kilo up and down for months. Really scared to eat less as don’t want to cause a binge if I feel restricted / hungry.
I have started a new gym recently with harder classes than my last pal e so hoping that helps. Might have to drop 50-100 cals a day and see what happens.
It's harder to create a calorie deficit through exercise. I'd try dropping your calories slightly and see what happens. Good luck xx

Reactions: 2
I too would drop your calories and bear with it for a little while until you get used to it
Keep focused on what you want to achieve and remember anything takes time and effort - effort being the key word
Think how you will feel in your favourite/
want to wear outfit
Health is wealth and all that
Have a shower - dry brush your body with a brush to pass some time if you are snacky
Your digestive system will thank you more for being hungry than full
I don’t know but I know I feel better in myself mentally if I am carrying less weight
You are here asking and listening so that’s a good start
Physical appearance - Mental Wellness
We need to have it all and it’s so hard to do xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for the replies. Will redo my MFP goals ready for tomorrow! I’ve only missed my steps goal (7.5k) twice in May so feeling positive about that. Need to keep working on the changes and creating better habits. It’s fairly obvious I’m on maintenance cals really. I just didn’t want to believe it 🙈🙈

• Heart
I'm still plodding away here, doing alright so far. Had breaded prawns with salad for tea tonight, not had a takeaway for about 6 weeks now. I'm in that inbetween stage where I still don't look slim but I don't look fat. I go on holiday a week today so want to still lose a few more pounds within the next week. Probably a bit too ambitious :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks for the replies. Will redo my MFP goals ready for tomorrow! I’ve only missed my steps goal (7.5k) twice in May so feeling positive about that. Need to keep working on the changes and creating better habits. It’s fairly obvious I’m on maintenance cals really. I just didn’t want to believe it 🙈🙈
Walking lots definitely has helped me because it doesn’t cause me to consume extra calories like intense exercise does. Good luck for the week 🙂

I have a month until the wedding and I'm starting to stress out a little. I'll wear a silk dress that shows everything, it doesn't suck me in or anything and I just wanna feel really good in it.

I've been training a lot for the past 6 months, doing bootcamp and cardio pump classes + tennis 3-5x a week but I did not change my food at all. I didn't lose any weight, in fact I gained 2-3kg and it just feels very discouraging. I know it's muscle and I see I'm so much more toned, I could see some baby abs this morning! But I don't want to be muscular, I want to look skinny 😂

So now for the last month I said I'll stop eating lunch out and try to avoid desserts. I also know I won't be able to workout 5 times a week anymore because everything is slowly starting to go crazy. If I would somehow manage to get to 56kg for the wedding that would be perfect but I don't want to restrict myself too much because when I feel like I CAN'T have something it becomes all I think about and it makes it 100x worse haha, that's why I'm not counting calories. I hope the stress will erase my appetite, not increase it. 😂

Reactions: 3
Holding myself somewhat accountable here. Just stepped on scales and am biggest I've ever been at 12 stone 6 😔 I look horrible.

I'll post a photo of the scales this time next week and see what I've managed to achieve!

Any weight loss tips for a big boost to get me going?

Holding myself somewhat accountable here. Just stepped on scales and am biggest I've ever been at 12 stone 6 😔 I look horrible.

I'll post a photo of the scales this time next week and see what I've managed to achieve!

Drink loads of water

Reactions: 3
My heart is very healthy according to the doctors!

3 more days till Mont Ventoux!

Managed to lose a bit more weight so I'm down to 62,4 Kg not quite the 58Kg I had in mind but I know I gained a lot of muscle so let's see and hope all the training and dieting pays off 😁

And my new goal is 58 Kg before the end off summer as I'm gonna do an 12km obstacle run with some fiends 😁

Set little goals for yourself! (for example :10 000 steps every day or walk 4 km every day)

Or a big goal (example: I wanna run 5km and I give myself 3 months to succeed)

For diet : small changes add a little more veggies , little less sugar,...

But very important: drink enough water!

Reactions: 6
James smith has done an interesting post about menstrual cycle and how it can be helpful for women approach the first two weeks separate to the latter two. I’m going to do some more research but it’s an interesting idea. I know I struggle the week before my period but tend to just keep going and don’t adjust and then epically fail.

Reactions: 5
I increased the level on my exercise bike by 1, so that's progress! Still only doing half hour but thinking of slowly increasing it over the next few weeks. Currently doing 4 days a week
Also, including a lot more veg with my dinner. Small steps. Had a lovely salad for dinner tonight and have a gousto box arriving this weekend

• Heart
going to start a new 9 week workout programme when i’m home from me hols! it’s the BWMN fitness guide which looks good for overalll cardio and resistance training - just what i’m looking for!
managed to be relatively healthy while i’ve been away - we’ve been at a buffet most mights and have just stuck to thinking “carb protein and veggie” which has been helpful, along with a couple of treats in the day - i don’t feel stupidly puffy etc so i think i’m slowly cracking it!

Been feeling rubbish this week just with being tired and busy with work and definitely haven’t been watching what I eat like I normally do. I have done some exercise but not much. I did buy a skipping/jump rope today so hoping I’ll be able to get in to that and add it in to my workout schedule.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hit 10 stone today after 7 weeks. Started at 10st 12lb so very pleased. I’ve found drinking apple cider vinegar before eating very helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Upped my veg, cut down on bread & 2lb down this week!😱 After a disappointing week last week I'm buzzing

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I switched to a steak, eggs and bacon diet. Zero carb. I also fasted for 16-18 hours. Dropped a stone in 4 weeks. Granted, i was also working out too. You will have to be incredibly committed and keep away from temptation.

Best advice is to clear out cupboards of any junk or processed food. I mean literally zero junk foods. No crisps, no sweets, no biscuits, no pies or pasties, nothing.

I switched to a steak, eggs and bacon diet. Zero carb. I also fasted for 16-18 hours. Dropped a stone in 4 weeks. Granted, i was also working out too. You will have to be incredibly committed and keep away from temptation.

Best advice is to clear out cupboards of any junk or processed food. I mean literally zero junk foods. No crisps, no sweets, no biscuits, no pies or pasties, nothing.
Hats off to you, I couldn't do it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.