Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve stopped weighing for a bit. I was doing it daily and it wasn’t helping. I’ve taken body measurements and will check those instead. Although I did read about weighing daily but doing a weekly average, then not comparing each week but comparing across the cycle, so wk1 with the next week 1 of my cycle. I may try that and try not to get hung up on the daily weight.
It used to annoy me at SW when I would be told I’d put on and what was it that caused it, even if it said TOTM it got dismissed and was told I hadn’t followed the plan obviously 🙄.
I’m not dissing SW though as I did lose 2 1/2 stone. Fear of the weigh in helped, but it didn’t make me eat healthier just binge and starve 🤦‍♀️
Weighing daily helps you to learn about your body and how fluctuating hormones through your cycle impact you, both mentally and physically, however for weightloss tracking I would suggest comparing weight on the 1st day of your period each month as that will be the most accurate record of your progress. My weight can go up by 5lb in 24 hours but over the next few days it'll drop back

Reactions: 3
Hey guys, want to work out my TDEE again but wondering what activity level I should put? I average 8k steps a day at the moment and go to the gym alternating 5/6 days a week for around an hour and a half, mainly weights. Would you say this is active or very active? I never know! TIA!

Hi guys! I used to join in with this thread and lost 1.5 stones in 2021. Since then, I’m really struggling to lose the last few lbs. In fact, I’m either maintaining or gaining nowadays. Despite calorie counting almost every day.

I do take it easy at the weekend, which is perhaps my downfall, but that was always my plan and its worked up to now!

Help please!!!

Hi guys! I used to join in with this thread and lost 1.5 stones in 2021. Since then, I’m really struggling to lose the last few lbs. In fact, I’m either maintaining or gaining nowadays. Despite calorie counting almost every day.

I do take it easy at the weekend, which is perhaps my downfall, but that was always my plan and its worked up to now!

Help please!!!
I think when you're close to goal it is generally harder. Have you recalculated your TDEE?

Hey guys, want to work out my TDEE again but wondering what activity level I should put? I average 8k steps a day at the moment and go to the gym alternating 5/6 days a week for around an hour and a half, mainly weights. Would you say this is active or very active? I never know! TIA!
I'd say very active, but don't take my word for it 😅

Reactions: 2
Ok, thanks guys! I’ll use both and see what the numbers come out like and then maybe aim my calories for between the two!

I’ve put on 1lb this week which I knew was coming, I had a night away eating and drinking then got a dominos. It could have been a lot worse I know.
I’ve got birthday celebrations coming up this week and then after that I’m really going to focus on myself.
I’ve got a festival coming up at the start of August and I want to feel happy for that, and hope my shorts fit a bit better! I struggle with the weekends, feel I should be having a treat.

• Heart
I've lost an inch off my hips and boobs but of course not my waist 😂. I still had a meal out and drinks at the weekend but switched my usual beers and wine to gin/vodka and slimline mixers.

I'm bloody starving today but really want my clothes to fit better so will keep plodding on.

Reactions: 5
How do you all maintain motivation? I could lose half my body weight and still just about be in the low end of healthy for my height and idk if that's why I'm struggling so much. Anyone else got lots of weight to lose and finding you make better choices for a couple of days then fall off the wagon?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
All the time. I find, stress, poor sleep, hormones all seem to knock me off track. I’ve started again so many times. I’ve started using the first part of my cycle to focus as that’s when I feel most motivated and the second half I aim to maintain and not beat myself up too much if I go off as I know I’m fighting hormones.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just got back from France after a 12 day cycling holiday and I've gained 4 Kg??
I know some of it is water weight from my muscles healing but surely not all of that?
Can it be that the long car ride home (12 hours) is making my body hold even more water?

How do you all maintain motivation? I could lose half my body weight and still just about be in the low end of healthy for my height and idk if that's why I'm struggling so much. Anyone else got lots of weight to lose and finding you make better choices for a couple of days then fall off the wagon?
I keep setting goals for myself

• Heart
I always feel grim if I don’t eat well, so I try and think of how much better I feel physically. But it’s difficult

Reactions: 6
The struggle is real! The only times I seem to keep my motivation are either when I’ve got a special event looming or if I’ve just reached that critical point where I’ve REALLY had enough of myself and then I go all in! Otherwise in between times I just cannot find a happy medium of maintaining or slow moderate weight loss - so in those times I’m just eating whatever’s in sight 😩

Just got back from France after a 12 day cycling holiday and I've gained 4 Kg??
I know some of it is water weight from my muscles healing but surely not all of that?
Can it be that the long car ride home (12 hours) is making my body hold even more water?

I keep setting goals for myself
you may be due a big loss soon, or yeah water weight ! can u update us with the scales after a couple of days / in the morning please?
Hope it goes how u want x

Reactions: 4
I will limit my calories to 1200-1500 for the next two weeks. After one week I can already see a big difference. Scale is not a good reference right now coz I just got my period yday so I'm all bloated.

But in reality this just means that I eat my normal breakfast and normal lunch and then skip dinner. I eat snacks and desserts, I just try to pick low cal ones. I never count calories otherwise and I never realised that normally I would eat between 2000 and 2500 which is quite a lot I guess? Hope this will give me any results in time for the wedding.

Reactions: 1

I don't make weight loss my focus. I focus upon feeling good, mentally and physically. I eat significantly more calories than some people posting because of the amount of exercise and activity I do, as that makes it possible to continue increasing my activity and exercise levels and performance.

I wouldn't feel it to be a success if I suffered to lose lots of weight quickly, but was weak, breathless, aching and likely to faint if I had to walk 100 yards. I certainly wouldn't feel it to be a success if I did what many women do and found myself having emergency gallbladder removal surgery a few months later because the rapid weightloss had caused massive gallstones to form (it's a very common thing, apparently). There's no point to me of looking thinner whilst flumped on the sofa because I don't have the strength to do anything else but stay there and think about how hungry I was. There's no point having a flatter stomach in a swimsuit if I'm never going to go swimming because I wouldn't be able to manage a length. There's no point being thinner quickly if I'm miserable and stressed or setting off the dormant ED that lurks in my subconscious.

Yes, it takes a very long time to do it this way. But the benefits I have experienced, the ones that already improve my life, are huge - because I cope better with everything physically and, because I have those times where the world disappears and all that's left is me and my body, mentally. I'm comfortable.

And that's what most of us want really, isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't make weight loss my focus. I focus upon feeling good, mentally and physically. I eat significantly more calories than some people posting because of the amount of exercise and activity I do, as that makes it possible to continue increasing my activity and exercise levels and performance.

I wouldn't feel it to be a success if I suffered to lose lots of weight quickly, but was weak, breathless, aching and likely to faint if I had to walk 100 yards. I certainly wouldn't feel it to be a success if I did what many women do and found myself having emergency gallbladder removal surgery a few months later because the rapid weightloss had caused massive gallstones to form (it's a very common thing, apparently). There's no point to me of looking thinner whilst flumped on the sofa because I don't have the strength to do anything else but stay there and think about how hungry I was. There's no point having a flatter stomach in a swimsuit if I'm never going to go swimming because I wouldn't be able to manage a length. There's no point being thinner quickly if I'm miserable and stressed or setting off the dormant ED that lurks in my subconscious.

Yes, it takes a very long time to do it this way. But the benefits I have experienced, the ones that already improve my life, are huge - because I cope better with everything physically and, because I have those times where the world disappears and all that's left is me and my body, mentally. I'm comfortable.

I love this, thank you so much for such a thoughtful answer.

• Heart

I love your name. Best name on tattle. Sorry just came to say that after you liked some of my posts in another thread 😁

• Heart
This week I've lost 2 lbs (which is a lot for me) and the only thing I did differently was to try and get as close to 10k steps a day. I even had two 'bad evenings' with take aways and I only did spinning once compared to my usual twice, and still lost more than normal. I didn't think steps would make such a big difference if I'm honest, if anyone's lagging a bit maybe give it a go.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.