Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread but feel like I've been trying to lose weight since I was about 12 and I'm turning 30 later this year.

I was always bigger than my friends as a teenager (though looking back I wasn't overweight), have been overweight in terms of BMI most of my adult life, and have recently moved into the obese category after piling on two stone in a year!

I want to shift some weight and get to a healthy BMI because I'm hoping to start trying for a baby at some point in the next year or so and want to give myself the best chance of a healthy pregnancy. Also, my boobs are massive and I can't cope!!! If I was pear shaped I might be happy as I am but I genuinely can't deal with the constant back pain and giant fat balls ruining every outfit!

I'm super impatient and usually give up when I don't magically lose 3 stone in a week. My problems are boredom eating and emotional eating - weirdly I hardly ever actually eat from pure hunger alone! I'm hoping posting here will help keep me accountable 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'd like to join in if I can! I've not got any scales, scared to see how much I weigh tbh! But I used to be a size 10-12 and I am a 14 at the moment. Most of my clothes feel really tight and I feel awful in everything pretty much. I work from home for the majority of my week and I snack far too often and don't move much in the day!
Hoping I can notice a difference in my clothes if I start cutting down the snacking. Planning to also do the kids just dance on the Nintendo switch on my lunch breaks for 30 mins a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'd like to join in if I can! I've not got any scales, scared to see how much I weigh tbh! But I used to be a size 10-12 and I am a 14 at the moment. Most of my clothes feel really tight and I feel awful in everything pretty much. I work from home for the majority of my week and I snack far too often and don't move much in the day!
Hoping I can notice a difference in my clothes if I start cutting down the snacking. Planning to also do the kids just dance on the Nintendo switch on my lunch breaks for 30 mins a day.
If you have a switch the ring fit game is great and a good workout!

Reactions: 1
Before I went to France I was weighing 62,4 Kg when I returned after 12 days i was weighing 66,6 Kg even though I was exercising almost everyday in France (we went for 10 bike rides with a total of 894 Km). On Thursday I was down to 61,6kg.
Soooo that was a lot of waterweight!

Reactions: 7
Before I went to France I was weighing 62,4 Kg when I returned after 12 days i was weighing 66,6 Kg even though I was exercising almost everyday in France (we went for 10 bike rides with a total of 894 Km). On Thursday I was down to 61,6kg.
Soooo that was a lot of waterweight!
Did you fly there? I always find the plane causes water retention. That is a lot though!

Hello. Has anybody here tried the New Weigh programme? (The previous version was Lipotrim). I bought a starter pack. The bars, although they are extremely filling and pricey, they taste woeful! The good news is that I wouldn’t be tempted to have more than one of them at a time! I am hoping that following the programme for a few weeks will give me a bit of a boost. Fingers crossed! Unfortunately I can’t hack their shakes. Tomorrow I’ll try their soup! Good luck to everybody on this thread!

Hi guys, just parking myself here as I have half a stone left to lose. I had my 3rd baby 8 weeks ago and I'm down from 12 stone to 10st2 already so happy about that. I want to be about 9st6 as that's where I'm most confident. I'm going to the gym 3x a week but just want to do cardio, those of you who are gym goers what is your cardio routine like? I just want to make sure I'm making the most of my time with intensive and effective workouts!

Reactions: 2
That
Hi guys, just parking myself here as I have half a stone left to lose. I had my 3rd baby 8 weeks ago and I'm down from 12 stone to 10st2 already so happy about that. I want to be about 9st6 as that's where I'm most confident. I'm going to the gym 3x a week but just want to do cardio, those of you who are gym goers what is your cardio routine like? I just want to make sure I'm making the most of my time with intensive and effective workouts!

That soon post natal (congratulations!), I'd think that starting off with the rower would be your best bet, as it does wonders for your core muscles (and pelvic floor) and upper back. Maybe 10-20 minutes on that, a mixture of steady state on some days and intervals on others, then two other machines of your choice - unless you have boundless energy, I'd suggest something that doesn't require a huge amount of concentration/balance - maybe the bikes (recumbent might be gentler on your nether regions) and stair climber rather than elliptical and treadmill?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi I am new here, but I am feeling so low. I have gained 10kg (22 pounds) and really want to lose that weight. I am trying to walk a lot. I always use to walk 11000 steps a day but now I want to do much more. I also want to use the hometrainer and rowing machine. What do you think will be a normal time to lose this weight? I want to be fit for my summer holiday (end of August).

• Heart
Hi I am new here, but I am feeling so low. I have gained 10kg (22 pounds) and really want to lose that weight. I am trying to walk a lot. I always use to walk 11000 steps a day but now I want to do much more. I also want to use the hometrainer and rowing machine. What do you think will be a normal time to lose this weight? I want to be fit for my summer holiday (end of August).
I think realistically aim for 1-2 lb a week.

That

That soon post natal (congratulations!), I'd think that starting off with the rower would be your best bet, as it does wonders for your core muscles (and pelvic floor) and upper back. Maybe 10-20 minutes on that, a mixture of steady state on some days and intervals on others, then two other machines of your choice - unless you have boundless energy, I'd suggest something that doesn't require a huge amount of concentration/balance - maybe the bikes (recumbent might be gentler on your nether regions) and stair climber rather than elliptical and treadmill?

amazing thank you! Boundless energy is a thing of the past now unfortunately😅

• Heart
Hi everyone, I've lost 20 pounds since January, I'm currently 7 pounds away from a healthy weight BUT I am after having a three day binge/blowout and feeling crap. Afraid to weigh myself for about two weeks until I try and fix the damage 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, I've lost 20 pounds since January, I'm currently 7 pounds away from a healthy weight BUT I am after having a three day binge/blowout and feeling crap. Afraid to weigh myself for about two weeks until I try and fix the damage 😔
Weigh yourself, it's never as bad as you think it will be ❤

dont weigh until a couple days, water weight will scare you for no reason ! just drink lots of water and get back on it x

I will definitely stay away from the scales until I do some damage control. I have a presentation in work on the 4th of July so need to get back on it in preparation for that! Just annoyed with myself for losing control and not reigning myself in. No point beating myself up now, fresh start tomorrow.

• Heart
My mental health is pretty low right now. I’ve got no self esteem and I don’t want to go outside or even get dressed due to nothing truly fitting me. Everything clings in the wrong places and I can’t afford new clothes.

My GP has referred me to a weight management course after weighing me at 85kg (I’m 5”2).

Im just sick of getting it wrong, nothing seems to work.

Think I just need a rant and a friend 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
My mental health is pretty low right now. I’ve got no self esteem and I don’t want to go outside or even get dressed due to nothing truly fitting me. Everything clings in the wrong places and I can’t afford new clothes.

My GP has referred me to a weight management course after weighing me at 85kg (I’m 5”2).

Im just sick of getting it wrong, nothing seems to work.

Think I just need a rant and a friend 😂
I'm so sorry you're struggling mentally, I hope things improve. I know eating right and exercise help with mental health but please try to be gentle with yourself whilst you're not well

I'm so sorry you're struggling mentally, I hope things improve. I know eating right and exercise help with mental health but please try to be gentle with yourself whilst you're not well
Thank you. I’m currently taking anti-depressants but it’s all a bit new to me, I’m just trying to make better choices and hope the storm will pass soon.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.