Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What kind of things do you eat for lunch if you want to cut back on carbs, so no bread
I opt for eggs in some form, omelettes with maybe some ham/chicken/prawns or similar in, or a tuna niçoise. Or just some lean protein and mixed salad. Sometimes I make a bean salad as well, using a tin of mixed beans, lemon or lime juice, fresh herbs, chilli and some olive oil, all tossed together.

Reactions: 4
Still haven't replaced my scale so no idea how much I weigh and it's very frustrating 😬

How did you start? I’m forever saying tomorrow
Set a goal! And maybe find someone to motivate you or lose weight together?

For me personally: my goal is Mont Ventoux and I got some extra motivation from my partner as we have a bet going on (If I lose 10 Kg before April we are going to Lapland next winter)

Reactions: 5
Week 2 weigh in. Slightly disappointed, with only a 2 pound loss. But 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Gotta keep going.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m also 2lbs down this week. I think it’s probably due to doing a few extra walks as I still feel like I’m not eating quite right.

• Heart
I don't weigh myself weekly anymore.... towards the end of last year I was eating well and walking 10,000 + steps almost every day and after 2 weeks I had lost 1.5lb, It was so disheartening that I just gave up.

I started eating healthily again Jan 3rd once I was back at work and in better routine after xmas. I drink 2-3ltrs of water a day. I have eggs or high fibre cereal for breakfast then either fish or chicken with brown rice & vegetables for lunch and something SW or PON for tea. I feel so much better in myself. My stomach is loads flatter and my face is less bloated. I feel like I have lost weight, however no idea how much. Some times the scales don't help mentally.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know what you mean mgmhs, sometimes they really don’t help!!

I have upped weights recently and I’m back to my full exercise schedule, but I’m not seeing the weight fall off as I’d hoped. But I’m feeling a big difference in my arms and legs. Hopefully it’s hormonal and I’ll be back to losing again soon 🤞🏻

Reactions: 4
Had a wobbly weekend - lots of reasons I guess, all avoidable with a bit of effort and planning!

Hubby is still isolating in one bedroom thanks to Covid, so I ended up lounging around till lunchtime on Saturday then had maccies for tea. I was out at a friends house and everyone else had one, so I went along with it!
Sunday we ended up with a freezer tea - kiev, chips and beans.
All in, not terribly healthy or low calories.

Today is a new day. I've had 2 boiled eggs and a banana for breakfast and a low calorie sandwich and a satsuma for lunch. Tea is spag bol, with a bit of chocolate custard for pudding.

Reactions: 6
Got myself all geared up to try a new step class tonight and now it’s been cancelled ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I know what you mean mgmhs, sometimes they really don’t help!!

I have upped weights recently and I’m back to my full exercise schedule, but I’m not seeing the weight fall off as I’d hoped. But I’m feeling a big difference in my arms and legs. Hopefully it’s hormonal and I’ll be back to losing again soon 🤞🏻
What's mgmhs please?

Hi everyone - hope you don’t mind if I join you?
I’m not tracking but just trying to create some healthier habits. We’ve fallen into a bit of an evening snack habit since weaning my daughter.
We like to eat as a family so we eat quite early at 5pm, which is fine because we’ve gotten used to eating earlier and as my hubby is still working from home he’s able to join us most evenings.
Unfortunately though this means around 8/9pm we’re snacking a lot on crisps etc.
Need to snap out of it as pre-christmas we weren’t doing it, but it’s become such a habit now I feel like I can’t go to bed until I’ve had my crisps 😂😂

What’s everyone’s go-to replacement for things like salt & vinegar crisps or Doritos and dip?

I’m not tracking but just trying to create some healthier habits. We’ve fallen into a bit of an evening snack habit since weaning my daughter.
We like to eat as a family so we eat quite early at 5pm, which is fine because we’ve gotten used to eating earlier and as my hubby is still working from home he’s able to join us most evenings.
Unfortunately though this means around 8/9pm we’re snacking a lot on crisps etc.
Need to snap out of it as pre-christmas we weren’t doing it, but it’s become such a habit now I feel like I can’t go to bed until I’ve had my crisps 😂😂

What’s everyone’s go-to replacement for things like salt & vinegar crisps or Doritos and dip?
My go to evening snacks are fruit salad or veggies with hummus and sometimes crisps or nuts

Reactions: 1
Popcorn is a good snack. I like the feeling that there’s lots of it as it’s small pieces 😂

What's mgmhs please?
It’s a username for the previous poster 😄 haha sorry

Have you tried those pea snacks they have in Aldi? The salt and vinegar flavour one of those are like salt and vinegar chipsticks. Pop chips are nice and low calorie.

I have cut out snacks almost completely (don’t buy them so I’m not tempted, and would rather eat more at mealtimes) but still struggle with wanting sweets post dinner. Id try and push dinner back if you can as 5pm is very early, so I’m not surprised you’re getting hungry later in the evening. Everyone has their own preferences though of course, so ignore me if it works for you! ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yes this is a good shout, I think I just like the crunch and the saltiness

Yes hummus is a good shout!
Ohhh baked kale crisps are easy to make and give you the satisfying crunch and saltiness! Lay kale on a baking sheet with grease proof paper under, sprinkle with salt and spray with fry lite and bake in the oven for about 5 mins till they shrink snd go crispy

My eating schedule is quite strange, I do IF and push lunch as late as possible and won't have my first meal until 2 or 3pm. Then maybe a piece of fruit 4/5ish, then I will have dinner 7/8. I like to have dinner later as it makes me more productive with other stuff, as soon as I'm sat on the sofa with TV on I'm not gonna move for the rest of the night, so pushing it later means I do other stuff before dinner and feel I've gotten more out of my evening. Then I will still have a small sweet about 9 but it's either 2 squares dark chocolate or Greek yoghurt with some honey. Both will satisfy my sweet tooth!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.