Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started again last Monday (again - must be the 10th time this year tbh) and I weighed in today 4.6 pounds down so I’m pleased with that.

I am basically doing slimming world which I know is seen as really bad these days but it has always helped me lose weight and I can stick to it better than I can calorie counting - with CC I try to use all my cals on junk which I can’t do on SW, it’s helps me to eat healthier meals which is what i need help with. I have tried CC so many times this year and i only last a couple of days.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Think I probably need to reduce my carbs but not sure how to go about it. Dunno what I'm doing really but ideally I'd be losing 100lb which seems completely impossible and insurmountable. Just hate myself so much for getting to this point tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I agree, I think I am quite sensitive to carbs (I’ve done my research and as a student in sports science this is very interesting to me lol) some people react in a way that you wouldn’t expect to low GI foods - usually carbs like oats slow that spike in blood sugar, meaning the hunger hormone ghrelin stays at bay for a bit longer. But if like me, it actually has an opposite affect and spikes it anyway so for me carbs aren’t my bff unfortunately:(
thats interesting! I might be too, when I have potatoes and beans (im vegan lol🙄) for example as a dinner. it fills me up but I don't feel satisfied and will be hungry soon after. I've noticed a big difference having tofu and avocado etc for dinner instead. I don't feel hungry at all having those type of foods.
I used to eat oats for yeaaaars, thinking it was the only breakfast I could have but honestly It made me feel so tired after eating them! its great finding out after trial and error what works for your body. and for me I think lowish carb works, but never no carbs. I do not want to end up counting my carbs from vegetables 😅

Reactions: 2
Think I probably need to reduce my carbs but not sure how to go about it. Dunno what I'm doing really but ideally I'd be losing 100lb which seems completely impossible and insurmountable. Just hate myself so much for getting to this point tbh.
I track with myfitnesspal and adjust my nutrition goals to be 10% lower carbs and 10% increased protein. You can adjust this to your own preferences of course.
You could try switching the ratio on your plate (depending on the meal), less bread/pasta/rice and more meat/plant based protein. It’s surprising how much it adds up (basically anything with sugar aka energy has a carb value). Don’t be tempted to completely cut carbs as you do need these to function.
thats interesting! I might be too, when I have potatoes and beans (im vegan lol🙄) for example as a dinner. it fills me up but I don't feel satisfied and will be hungry soon after. I've noticed a big difference having tofu and avocado etc for dinner instead.
Apparently protein is more satiating than carbs and fats, so will help you feel fuller for longer. Having a high protein breakfast definitely helps me to stop mindlessly snacking because I’m peckish.

lowish carb works, but never no carbs.
Exactly this for me hehe
I work out quite a lot so I need the energy from carbs to keep me going

I’m thinking very low for breakfast and lunch and then whatever is for tea as I still live with my parents and we use hello fresh and tend to all eat tea together 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 3
After two weeks annual leave and an all inclusive holiday eating (and drinking) anything and everything, I've gained…. 4.5lbs!! I can deal with that!

Back on it today

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m sold on low carb brekkie already
By now I’d literally be ravenous from oats - I do add protein and nut butters but still doesn’t fill me
This morning I had berries, Greek yogurt and seed and nut mix
I’m literally still full
What a revelation for me

Reactions: 9
Is it reducing or being careful about what carbs you consume? cause veg are carbs if that makes sense. My advice would be what I call whole food carbs so potatoes, quinoa, and then wholewheat foods so wholewheat pasta, brown rice cause they keep you fuller for longer. White pasta and rice will spike your sugar make you starving in an hour. Also lots veg and protein

I wouldn't focus on the end total figure because it can seem overwhelming and unachieveable. Maybe try break it into smaller goals like 'I want to lose 2/3/5 pounds'. It makes it seem much more achievable and you will get that feeling of accomplishment which will motivate you on to your next mini goal.

Reactions: 3
I agree it seems totally overwhelming at the beginning, that is how I feel too.

But I don’t actually have a goal weight this time, because I’ve worked on my relationship with my body so much over the last few years that it’s not about how I look anymore. It’s literally for health reasons and to improve back pain so I’m hoping that will make me feel a bit more relaxed this time. I used to get so obsessed with calorie counting that I’d make myself miserable and fall right back into old habits.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is it reducing or being careful about what carbs you consume? cause veg are carbs if that makes sense. My advice would be what I call whole food carbs so potatoes, quinoa, and then wholewheat foods so wholewheat pasta, brown rice cause they keep you fuller for longer. White pasta and rice will spike your sugar make you starving in an hour. Also lots veg and protein
You'd be surprised just where sugar hides
I can't post attachment to show unfortunately but -
150g White rice = 9.6 teaspoons of sugar vs brown rice 7.3 & potatoes White boiled 9.1
180g White spaghetti = 6.6 sugar, wholewheat spaghetti 6.2

Info from dietdoctor

You'd be surprised just where sugar hides
I can't post attachment to show unfortunately but -
150g White rice = 9.6 teaspoons of sugar vs brown rice 7.3 & potatoes White boiled 9.1
180g White spaghetti = 6.6 sugar, wholewheat spaghetti 6.2

Info from dietdoctor
That’s right and fruit and veg is high in sugar. Especially if it’s grown in the sun directly but it’s important to remember that veg and wholewheat foods aren’t free sugars. They’re sugars that are tied up in fibre and vitamins so won’t spike sugar levels.
Not coming for you particularly but it really annoys me when I see people on social media say things like “well fruit has sugar too” yes it does but sugar isn’t the devil we make it out to be. We do need sugar but we need it slowly released so our bodies can cope with it and use it the way it needs to be used

Reactions: 5
Exactly this for me hehe
I work out quite a lot so I need the energy from carbs to keep me going

I’m thinking very low for breakfast and lunch and then whatever is for tea as I still live with my parents and we use hello fresh and tend to all eat tea together 😁
I love hello fresh ! 🥰👋🙌🏻

I’ve posted on this thread before but the menopause and life in general is making staying on track so hard! I have around 4 stone to lose to get to a healthy weight.

I’m struggling to get into a healthy eating and exercise routine, seems like there is always something that gets in the way, so hoping to post here for some accountability.

I’m calorie counting and following a low carb (on doctors advice) so would love start seeing some changes before Christmas as I really need some motivation!

Yeah probs more about being careful which carbs I eat tbf. I've mostly cut out pasta - usually have lasagne with aubergine instead of pasta sheets or spaghetti with courgette instead - and for rice meals I'll usually have cauliflower rice, occasionally brown or wholegrain for meals that aren't very saucy cos they don't mask the cauliflower taste very well! But my carb totals are still pretty high. I do track on MFP normally but have had the last week off cos it's been doing my head in tbh. For breakfast I'll have overnight oats with Greek yoghurt, flaxseed, protein powder and a bit of fruit but I feel like there's something messing my hunger cues up cos I feel hungry after a couple of hours.
I'm trying to think of it in terms of smaller goals too but I've not lost a pound since I started so it still feels like I've got.... absolutely nowhere.

• Heart
Yeah probs more about being careful which carbs I eat tbf. I've mostly cut out pasta - usually have lasagne with aubergine instead of pasta sheets or spaghetti with courgette instead - and for rice meals I'll usually have cauliflower rice, occasionally brown or wholegrain for meals that aren't very saucy cos they don't mask the cauliflower taste very well! But my carb totals are still pretty high. I do track on MFP normally but have had the last week off cos it's been doing my head in tbh. For breakfast I'll have overnight oats with Greek yoghurt, flaxseed, protein powder and a bit of fruit but I feel like there's something messing my hunger cues up cos I feel hungry after a couple of hours.
I'm trying to think of it in terms of smaller goals too but I've not lost a pound since I started so it still feels like I've got.... absolutely nowhere.
have you had a blood test? If you're having a weird time with being hungry and the cues it could be a hormonal issues like thyroid or something. Or it could be that your body is adjusting to something. We still have cavemen bodies in today's world so we're used to eating little and often then going without. In winter you body will likely try and store more food than usual cause it's prepping for the world to get cold and you not to be able to eat as much. like how women store more fat than men cause we need the fat to carry babies etc. Go easy on yourself

At around 200kcal for a bowl, I'm quite happy with white rice. And if you think about it, where - generally speaking - do the most slim and longlived people live? In countries where fish, vegetables, and (usually white) rice are consumed.

Obviously, it isn't all down to rice in itself, there's average wealth, healthcare and physical activity levels too, but I don't think that it really deserves to be demonized quite so much, not when compared to other choices that could be made.

Mr D is complaining this week that my having to be GF is causing difficulties. Not half as many for you as it does for me when I get glutened, sunshine. OK, it's inconvenient that he can't chuck a cheese and onion pasty on a plate and call that tea anymore, but I do reckon that it's the 'quick and easy' stuff that's the main problem for people in terms of weightgain.

Today's lunch was prawns, two hardboiled eggs, rice, sesame seeds, chilli, cucumber, tomato and lettuce with Tamari. Made a change from variations upon the salmon theme. Maybe next week I'll ring the changes with some Mackerel or Tuna?

Put in a request for tomorrow's dinner as well. Jacket spuds with Tuna & Sweetcorn and shitloads of salad. Sweet potatoes also acceptable.

Reactions: 6
Hi, long time lurker here. Been trying to lose weight officially for almost two months now and I can't help but feel so down and comparing myself to instagram models.. I'd like to lose at least 20lbs to be in a healthy/thin range and I can't help but get so jealous sometimes when I see someone thin.. I workout and eat healthy but feel like it's not enough. Any advice?

Hi, long time lurker here. Been trying to lose weight officially for almost two months now and I can't help but feel so down and comparing myself to instagram models.. I'd like to lose at least 20lbs to be in a healthy/thin range and I can't help but get so jealous sometimes when I see someone thin.. I workout and eat healthy but feel like it's not enough. Any advice?
Unfollow these models. They are probably filtered and those bodies are not real. Wear something that makes you feel good. Please just stop comparing yourself to those fake people!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Unfollow these models. They are probably filtered and those bodies are not real. Wear something that makes you feel good. Please just stop comparing yourself to those fake people!
This! One of the best things I did was to unfollow anyone on social media that made me feel bad about myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.