Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kyriebelle

SO. Today I’ve officially hit the 1 STONE loss mark. I’ve cried with happiness all day. It’s taken my 16 weeks. I’ve did it though, I’ve did it. 5 more to go. 👀. Thanks for your tips, your encouragement and your welcome 🖤🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 25

itsme!1983

Hi! I have decided to take charge of this group so you never diet again. Just send me £49 per month or for elite 1 to 1 coaching with me just a few thousand for me to ignore all of your messages and then call you a c*** for daring not to trust the process. I shall also make pointless videos daily about emotional eating and bingeing using research from local 5 year olds and bang my hand aggressively on a table in a random garage somewhere. Bring it on legends.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Meg1912

VIP Member
Hi ladies! So, yesterday was my wedding day and it was magical! 🥰
My wedding dress was actually baggy compared to when I had last tried it on like 10 days before. 😅
This week was really stressful taking care of everything and my stomach was feeling the stress, so I had to be extra careful with what I ate, which also meant I couldn't eat anything I wouldn't eat on a daily basis on our wedding day, so I actually lost 100g! 😅
So, so far I've lost 14,5Kg and I'm really proud of myself. It's like I have a whole new wardrobe as I can now fit into clothes I had put away because they didn't fit and the ones I did wore, now fit completely different.
I wouldn't say it's easier now than when I first started in early April as it's not like I stopped loving the foods that made me put on weight, but I feel really happy and motivated to stick to it.
Winter is always the most difficult time of the year. Pasta bakes, fish pies, sausage rolls, I love all those foods! 🙈🙈
Good luck, ladies! One day at a time. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 23

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Popping by to say I’ve reached the 4 stone loss milestone 😁 thank you everyone on this thread for your support!

Ive been trying to manage some huge family/Covid stresses and my usual routine has gone out the window, so I’m especially proud that I haven’t fallen into a comfort eating spiral like I would have done before. I have accidentally fallen into a bit of an intermittent fasting thing, which is working quite nicely, so could be something to consider when I get to maintenance.. which is now potentially 8lbs away! 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 22

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Hey guys, how is everyone getting on?

Bit of a big week for me - I bought my wedding dress 😁😁 been trying to decide if I dare post a pic or not but I’m paranoid about outing myself 😂 it was such an amazing feeling looking in the mirror and seeing how far I’ve come since January - I swear I’m not the same person. I can’t wait to wear it!!

Also stepped on the scales today and I was 9st 13 3/4. To think I started the year in the 14st bracket 🤯 it will all go out the window from this weekend no doubt but come January, I’ll just start it all over again 😂

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Meg1912

VIP Member
So had a good day wedding dress shopping yesterday, but I was feeling nervous so went for a run first thing, then only had two coffees until dinner time 😳 really made up for it at dinner but after coming back from the gym this morning, I’m back to being just 1 stone away from target! 5lbs away from my previous lowest weight so I’m glad to see some progress finally. Really hoping to get there by December 🤞🏻

Also.. I think I’m going to go for a fitted dress. Never in a million years did I think I’d feel brave enough for that. Or to fit in a size 12 bridal gown! Does anyone else feel like their brain hasn’t caught up with their weight loss? It’s very bizarre.. I can only see it in myself in photos, looking in the mirror is like looking at a completely different person (but I also had the opposite when I was heavier - looking in the mirror was ok but then I hated how I looked in photos).. what’s wrong with me 🙃
I completely relate!
We received our wedding photos a couple days ago and I was honestly shocked at how I looked. I genuinely wondered if our photographer had edited me to look slimmer!
Also when I'm online shopping, when filtering, I always have to stop myself from picking size 16 or 18, the fact I'm now a 12/14 is mind-boggling!
So happy you had a good day wedding dress shopping. It's so special! 🥰🥰
1633865449720.jpg
1633865578716.jpg
1633865332572.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Folkevermore

VIP Member
Okay so after three months of pure maintenance, I finally did it! I officially have lost 3st and over 25% of my body weight 🥳 I now only have 6lbs to go until my goal weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Dexterina12

Well I've officially lost 2st 3lbs!! Thanks for everyone's replies to my post 🥰 Ive done a bit of research about what losing weight does to your body. So I think maybe ive lost quite a bit of visceral fat which is actually really good! I have also noticed that my bottom half is where I've slimmed the most! I just need to be patient! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 17

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
Hi All!

I recently created a post about weight-loss surgery as before Christmas I felt utterly desperate. Thanks to lots of good advice, I see now it is probably not the best option.

So, as of yesterday I am back on calorie counting and working on increasing my activity until I feel able to so my fitness classes again.

My aim is 1800 cals a day, Although I could have up to 2300 and still be in a deficit. My average meals come out at about 1700, so I am basically just cutting out snacks.

I realistically have about 12 stone to lose. I am trying not to think about that. I am just focusing on each week being a little less than the week before as it is so overwhelming.

I hope you don't mind me posting in here and being a total bore!!!!

• Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
I had my wedding dress fitting today! I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to, but for the first time I actually FELT amazing. I love my dress, I love the way it looks and yeah, you know what, I wish my arms were a bit skinnier or my face had less chins, but I actually feel confident wearing it. I'm still planning to lose a bit more weight post-wedding because I've enjoyed the journey, but thanks so much guys for this little haven in here, it's been so supportive :)

• Heart

Frau_guru

Need to share this incredible moment with my Tattle family 💕

Yesterday i bought 1 size smaller pants.
(Not so long time ago i was buying for a 3th time this year bigger size because i didnt have proper fitting working pants.)

WHAT A DAY for me!! 😎

Free drinks for all 🍸🍸🍹🍹🍷🍷☕☕🍵🍵

• Heart

Jellybean79

VIP Member
I did it! 4 stone lost in 50 weeks! Having this thread has really helped as it gave me somewhere to comment on progress (good and bad) each week, and the supportive posts and suggestions have been invaluable. I would never have known about nutracheck if it wasn’t for this thread, for example. I’ve still got a couple of stone to lose, but if you’d have told me I would lose 4 this year I wouldn’t have believed you. The challenge now is to enjoy christmas and not put too much back on 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Sven

VIP Member
Hey all :) it’s been a while since I’ve been on here.. hope you’re all doing well and had lovely xmases!
My weight loss goals have to be on hold for now as I’ve just found out I’m pregnant! Im going to continue with my strength training (with adjustments of course) throughout if I can as well so I don’t get in to the same state I did with my first pregnancy.

• Heart

Lollypad

VIP Member
GUYS my NSV and the thing I wanted to do - I’m in the size 14 skinny jeans I bought in February! They button up, zip up, and I can breathe! It’s not roomy or anything and they’re a bit snug but considering I could barely get them round my bum in feb I’m over the bloody moon! Final dress fitting today eeeeek!

• Heart
What methods are we all using? I was always a fan of ww but since learning about calories I find some of the points don't make sense!

I'll start a month challenge from tomorrow ending 31st Jan.
My goals are to lose 10lbs and walk 5k steps per day (going to increase every month)

My method seems to work alright.

Carbs - Eat them. In my case, loads of rice and potatoes.

Protein - Eat it. In my case, meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, pulses and beans.

Fats - Eat them. In my case, mostly olive oil, avocado oil, animal fats.

Fruit and veg - Eat them. In my case, vast amounts of veg, less fruit (as I'm not a huge fan of sweet things).

Exercise - Do it. But don't half kill yourself in the process, as injuries are the best way to send you straight back to the sofa with a bag of Haribo for another six months. If somebody suggests leaping around, jumping lots, burpees or implies that there's no point bothering unless you're in a heap, sweating and puking and nursing impact damage in multiple joints, they can get to fuck.

Diet plans, books giving away 'a secret', written by 'doctors' or doctors who make a very lucrative living through bariatric surgery, things that are branded as though they're magic potions or techniques - avoid like the plague.

I concede one ultra processed and sweet thing a day at work - a protein shake for breakfast - as I can't stomach food that early. And I did look at what I ate for a while before I made any changes, mostly cutting out stuff I wasn't that fussed about and substituting something I actually did want instead (usually, more chips).

It seems to be working.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
2lbs off this week. After my wobble a couple of weeks ago I seem to be consistently going in the right direction now so I’m happy.

All the next milestones seem to be in sight so need to remember that to keep on track. 2lbs until I’m under 200lbs, 4lbs until I’ve lost 2 stone and 6lbs until the next stone zone.

• Heart

queenamber

VIP Member
I've just made this (very basic!) chart and stuck it in the front of my diary. The plan is to colour in a square for every pound lost. I'm very list-orientated and absolutely love ticking things off. I'd like to lose 50lbs in 2022. Any more would be a bonus but I think one pound a week is reasonable. Hopefully this will be covered in pink highlighter come 2023 ;)

Attachments

• Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
55lbs gone since 17th July.
Had a night off last night as was at a concert so had pub meal and drinks beforehand then have a weekend away next weekend but trying to be good until then

• Heart

Moonflower

Chatty Member
That sounds amazing! Definitely worth it for the pic.

I just want to celebrate all of us today as no one IRL really gets it but I know you all will. Not just the weight loss in lbs, but also the lost inches, the smaller clothes, the increased activity, the distance run, the weight lifted, the extra water drunk, the confidence gained the improved sleep and all the other million achievements we've made and not really thought about because the focus is on the lbs.

And no matter where you are in your journey, you can make those changes and while it might be hard it is so, so worth it. What started our as weight loss for me has gone further than I ever thought possible. I got a new job last week and I know that there is just no way I'd have even applied for it never mind got it as the old me. I'm so proud of me, and of all you guys too wherever you are on your journey.

Sorry, will stop now 🤣

• Heart