Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Weighed in this morning and am now 4.5 pounds down 🥳 so that’s 4.5 pounds in 3 weeks, which I’m really pleased with. I’m away for a few days now and will be eating out so just got to try and be mindful and not go wild!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
3.2lbs down this week! Just 3lbs short of 2 stones.

Exercised three times last week. Aim is for 4 times this week. Really enjoying Grow With Jo's videos.

Have a boozy brunch this weekend. Will try to make sensible food choices.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My blood pressure is higher end of normal so that's given me a bit of a kick up the bum to sort my eating out, not just for vanity but for my health too

• Heart
Reactions: 6

The new model placed the blame for the obesity epidemic on "modern dietary patterns characterised by excessive consumption of foods with a high glycaemic load: in particular, processed, rapidly digestible carbohydrates".

"These foods cause hormonal responses that fundamentally change our metabolism, driving fat storage, weight gain, and obesity," according to the model.

"When we eat highly processed carbohydrates, the body increases insulin secretion and suppresses glucagon secretion. This, in turn, signals fat cells to store more calories, leaving fewer calories available to fuel muscles and other metabolically active tissues.

"The brain perceives that the body isn't getting enough energy, which, in turn, leads to feelings of hunger. In addition, metabolism may slow down in the body's attempt to conserve fuel. Thus, we tend to remain hungry, even as we continue to gain excess fat."

Reactions: 5
That’s really interesting. Thanks. Weight loss is so much more than cals in and out.
Im epically failing at cc at the mo but also sleep has been bad. Bedtime slipped over the summer hols which meant my evening started at 9pm which pushed my bedtime later as I need to unwind = bad food choices and binging at 9pm even if I’ve been good all day.
i know cc is pretty straightforward especially as most my stuff is already in mfp but being tired is the enemy of cc! I crave worse food as well.

Reactions: 4
I've lost 1st 13lbs in 8 weeks! I started at 17st 5.5 and now I'm 15st 6.5lbs. But I just dont feel any different 😔 I hate what I see in the mirror and its proper getting me down! Does anyone else feel like this? X

• Heart
I've lost 1st 13lbs in 8 weeks! I started at 17st 5.5 and now I'm 15st 6.5lbs. But I just dont feel any different 😔 I hate what I see in the mirror and its proper getting me down! Does anyone else feel like this? X
Have you noticed any non scale victories like your clothes fitting differently or maybe you’re sleeping better? I think it can take a minute for your brain to catch up with rapid weight loss. Maybe treat yourself to a new top or something special as a reward 😊

• Heart
Hi all *waves*
It’s been a while. I lost myself big time over the summer holidays. Didn’t count at all. A bit frightened to weigh, it’s so annoying because I was hardly losing anything before and I’ll bet my ass that I’ve put a shitload on because it’s like my body just want to put weight on. Im skipping breakfast again as that worked last time. I’m trying to eat around 1200-1500 a day. I know that’s low. But nothing seemed to be working before and I was stuck so I’m hoping I will have some luck with this and then move my calories up.

• Heart

You start noticing bits that look different - I noticed first on my legs/thighs, which have always been really, really solid; I say that they don't look like they belong to me.

After that, my belly seemed to get smaller, then bigger (loose skin, mostly) in comparison. Then I realised that I had to change bra sizes to one 6 inches smaller round the band and over the last couple of weeks, I can tell that my arms are much thinner when I look down at them and because I weight train of sorts, I can see the outline of my biceps - just looking at them now, I can see that my shoulders look narrower with some muscle development visible, too. Mr D says my face shape/colouring (I look healthier, apparently) has changed the most, but that's one thing I just can't see so far.

Oh, and the way that 90% of my wardrobe is utterly unwearable now is a bit of a clue, I suppose.

Of course, a stranger would think I'm fat (because I still am), but anybody who has known me for at least the last 15 years will think there's a real difference; I saw a 12 year old video of me today (bloody social media flashbacks) and I looked pregnant, my stomach stuck out so far; it may be squishy, covered in stretchmarks and has a big old droppy slab of loose skin, fat and more stretchmarks at the lower end, but I pretty much go straight down from my ribs now, rather than have it enter the room before me.

Get me in front of a mirror, though, and I don't see any of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes! I think our brains take a while to catch up.

I've lost 3 stone and still can't see it in my mirror. I'm better in shops and other mirrors though. I think my brain is just used to my mirror and is taking its time.

Reactions: 2
I had a similar starting weight and it took a few stone to notice. I think my face looked slimmer first and somewhere between 2 and 3 stone I noticed my clothes fit better. I mostly looked less bloated.

After 3 stone you should start noticing bigger changes every half a stone or so. The jump between 4 and 5 stone was most visible for me. Keep going! I promise, it's worth it! 😊

Hi all *waves*
It’s been a while. I lost myself big time over the summer holidays. Didn’t count at all. A bit frightened to weigh, it’s so annoying because I was hardly losing anything before and I’ll bet my ass that I’ve put a shitload on because it’s like my body just want to put weight on. Im skipping breakfast again as that worked last time. I’m trying to eat around 1200-1500 a day. I know that’s low. But nothing seemed to be working before and I was stuck so I’m hoping I will have some luck with this and then move my calories up.
Welcome back!

• Heart
2.9 pounds down this week. Definitely agree with everyone in terms of it definitely takes your head a while to catch up with weight loss. Even with a considerable weight loss, mentally I still feel huge. Some days that's quite a hard pill to swallow because it can make the motivation aspect of dieting even harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello everyone 👋🏻
I’ve been on this thread before but only lasted about a day lol. I’ve mentally found it very easy to gain weight and very hard to lose it!!

buuuut I just got offered my dream job to start in 2 months and it’ll be my first time working in an office in years - so I’m saying goodbye to uniform and hello smart-casual work clothes.

which has been a motivator to finally knuckle down and lose a bit of weight as I know I will feel soooo much more comfortable if I’ve lost a bit.

really need the accountability though and I have no friends doing something similar so wanted to post here again 😊

• Heart
Hello everyone 👋🏻
I’ve been on this thread before but only lasted about a day lol. I’ve mentally found it very easy to gain weight and very hard to lose it!!

buuuut I just got offered my dream job to start in 2 months and it’ll be my first time working in an office in years - so I’m saying goodbye to uniform and hello smart-casual work clothes.

which has been a motivator to finally knuckle down and lose a bit of weight as I know I will feel soooo much more comfortable if I’ve lost a bit.

really need the accountability though and I have no friends doing something similar so wanted to post here again 😊

Hey welcome, jump on board with us and we'll be your friends/cheering squad/motivators 😂. Honestly this thread (and all the ones before it) has been great in terms for accountability, tips, advise and making you feel less alone in your weight loss journey. The only advice I will give is to set a realistic goal (if its not realistic you will fail) and not to be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes, we all have bad days. That's human. You just have to get up the next day and try again!

Best of luck with your journey and don't forget to ask any questions in the thread, someone will usually have an answer 🙂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Morning! Query for those of us who have/have had periods. This is my first period since starting 5:2 fasting. Since having my kids, my cycles are usually rather heavy and quite painful. And don't even start me on the bloat! Yet here I am on Day 3. Still heavy but I'm not popping paracetamol like Smarties. The bloat is there but only ever so slightly. Has anyone noticed their cycles changing due to eating/exercise habits?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey can I join you? I joined a weight loss group on FB back in July but it’s now mid-September and I’ve still barely started. I lost 4lb initially and felt really motivated but I fall off the wagon very easily. If it’s someone’s birthday, or a busy day, or just a Tuesday. Any excuse to eat crap. My worst habit is binge eating in the evening. I just eat for the sake of it.

Calorie counting works best for me. I did it many years ago and went down a few dress sizes. I had my third baby 6 months ago and my stomach is still very wobbly and I can’t fit into my old jeans yet. I’m a typical apple shape where everything goes to my stomach. And my chin.

We have family coming to visit at Christmas that I haven’t seen since 2019, so I’m using that as my motivation to look and feel confident in my body. We’ll be having a party and I want to wear a nice dress instead of hoiking my leggings up to my armpits.

• Heart
jumping on to say i hope you’re all having an amazing day, and you are feeling good. wishing you all the best on your journeys

i’m on holiday now and i’m actually managing to control myself i’m so proud!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm down 4.4lbs since 1st September, my goal is 2lbs per week. Currently a size 14, just ordered a lovely coat (size 12) in the hope it spurs me on to ditch the flab. Right now with my old clothes, I can fit into a 12 (with no room to breathe) so hoping by the end of the month I start to see changes in myself.

23.8lbs to reach my target weight - though this figure may change when I feel happy & are no longer classed as overweight!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can’t eat after 10:30 tomorrow due to a hospital appointment so I need a big and filling but low calorie breakfast …. Any ideas??

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.