Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would say instead of getting up at 5am just get up as soon as you wake up, it's the snoozing that makes us feel sluggish. I was on earlies last week so set the alarm for 4.50 but 2 days I woke up just after 4am and instead of staying in bed, I got up and decided I'd walk to work. Honestly when I came home at 1pm I went on an absolute cleaning rampage, so I think it's the not snoozing rather than the actual time you get up that makes the difference, atleast it was that for me
I agree, I’ve got in such a bad habit of snoozing, the other day I did it for an hour and I just get up feeling awful.

Before I met my husband I had such a routine, I was up and out but now I’m a slug. I need to address it because a bad morning effects my whole day.

Reactions: 6
I just cannot force myself to eat anything too early in the morning, makes me feel sick. If I don’t eat anything I can go for hours, so try to have breakfast as late as I can because after that it’s a free for all 😂

I also find it hard to get out of bed after a snooze, I felt better today because I woke up before my gym alarm.. but then when it’s cold and my other half isn’t coming with me to the gym I just want to stay in and cuddle 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I still went though. I’m on Week 8 Run 1 of C25k.. touch wood still injury free! Five more runs to go! 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8
GUYS my NSV and the thing I wanted to do - I’m in the size 14 skinny jeans I bought in February! They button up, zip up, and I can breathe! It’s not roomy or anything and they’re a bit snug but considering I could barely get them round my bum in feb I’m over the bloody moon! Final dress fitting today eeeeek!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
GUYS my NSV and the thing I wanted to do - I’m in the size 14 skinny jeans I bought in February! They button up, zip up, and I can breathe! It’s not roomy or anything and they’re a bit snug but considering I could barely get them round my bum in feb I’m over the bloody moon! Final dress fitting today eeeeek!
I remember the 1st time I got into my jeans after I had my Son, I could do all that but I forgot to check if I could bend, spent the bus ride into town leaning against the seat to keep my body straight 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Had the be good to yourself chicken Kiev for tea tonight from Sainsburys.. it was so good! 294 calories which as it turns out, isn’t really that different from the normal ones 🙃 but then I fell down a rabbit hole on the Sainsburys app and found hunters chicken kievs for only 240cals so they’re definitely on next week’s list! 😋

Reactions: 2
Argh. I'm cold and I'm hungry.

Last night I was so tired, I didn't have anything until about 9.30pm when Mr D woke me up to say there was chilli tomato soup. Bugger all else to compensate for waking me up, but at least I went back to sleep at midnight without feeling sick from eating so late. And then I was so hungry this morning, my lunch had gone by 12pm (smoked salmon, avocado, rice, tomatoes and sesame seeds). Got in and he was on the phone to his attention vampire friend in yet another sodding crisis for over two hours, after which he decided only a takeaway would do - and came back with a GF one for me. Four pieces of spicy lamb shish and some salad with chilli and garlic sauce. Tasted lovely, but lasted all of about 2 minutes before I was wondering where my dinner was and wishing for chips.

It has got a bit cooler here this week, but I'm really struggling to get warm.

Maybe there are some unnoticed GF snacks in the kitchen? [wanders off sniffing like a bloodhound]/

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Attention vampire has killed me off there 😂

Have over-snacked all week and we've got quite a few meals out for a bday this weekend/next week so doubt that'll be great deficit-wise either. Ah well.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Would like to share my progress and motivate myself and another ladies.

I didnt have weight problems in past, but during Covid lockdown i struggled with binge fast food snacking, which leaded to massive weight gain = and when i hit +18kg i realise that its really time for a big change!
I reduce my carbs on 50-100gr daily, and i changed any sweets for high protein chocolate or pudding.
The only thing i am craving is warm toast. On those days i snack warm soup bouillon 3-4x per day.
First 3 weeks i was measuring myself daily and it starts making me crazy. Then i switched to 1x per week on scale and tracking my cm.
Overall i lost 11kg in 6 weeks and a lot of cm. I am still on track and my new goal is losing 6-7kg more and keeping low carb-ish lifestyle.
I have much more energy and i dont suffer from bloating anymore.
I still tend to keep water from time to time, but after 1-2 days its always getting better.
Last week i had a back surgery so i am not able to do any sports. But looking forward to go back to my pilates classes in 1-2 months)

Arms 31 29.5 29 28.5 28.5 28.5
Waist 76 75 74 72 72 71.5
Belly 89 86 83 79 76 75.5
Hips 107 104 102 98 96.5 95
Legs 56 55 54 52 51 50.5

Now i see that dieting is very challenging, and its a every day work and planing.
It has a lot of ups and downs.

💕💕Thank you Tattle family for support! 💕💕

Its harder to find a support in real life.
I started my diet with 3 friends more, but after 1-2 weeks they stopped.
Now when they see my progress they are uncomfortable and i feel like i shouldnt share with them my every day struggles (does anybody else here has also this quilt around her friends who didnt hit they goal weight? How do you deal with it?)
That’s amazing well done to you! Could I please ask how many calories you roughly average each day in addition to lowering your carb in take? Definitely need to try lowering carbs as they seem to spike hunger for me more x

Reactions: 3
My scales were playing up this morning. First weigh in said I was 3lbs up and then I tried again and it said I maintained from last week which seems more right to me so I’m taking it 😅

Reactions: 5
I am not counting kcal, but let me write you my normal day:
5h coffee
8h coffee
10h 2 sausages or 4 slices of gouda cheese and mayo
12 (same as at 10am)
14/15h soup of the day (1l water, 500gr veggies and one piece of chicken and spices)
15/16h cappuccino
18/19h veggies in oven and 1 steak or salmon
20/21h high protein chocolate pudding

I cook one veggie soup every day and i always use pack of 500gr frozen veggies.
i eat a lot of cheese, veggies (500gr soup +300g and meat every day.
mostly BBQ or i put all in oven.
very often i make low carb zucchini pizza.
Salmon is 1-2x per week

low carb is really amazing and very effective, i can only recommend.
but supply yourself with high protein bars for days when you crave carbs 🍰🍟🐖💕
And try to stay positive when there is no big progress on scale even for a week.

I really dont know how many kcal is this, but i am eating all the time something and i am not hungry at all.
I saw online that a lot of people who are on low carb has headache or problems with going in toilet, but as i saw people are usually not eating enough veggies an d they are really limiting they carbs to 10-20gr per day.
I decided to go from 50-100gr and to try to build a lifestyle, not just a quick diet and fall again into binge lifestyle.
When i buy groceries i watch only that is not more then 10carbs per 100gr.
you will see there is so many choices...

My skin is great, i don't bloat anymore (this was such a big problem for me always)
good luck!

P.S. I order pullover in size m.
its not that size really matter, but last winter i was hiding my belly in xl. And i always had spanx under for more confidence.
this winter i will wear m without shapewear 😎 and l for more loose look.
such a big change for my confidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just borrowed 5 ingredients 10 minutes by Jules Clancy. Lots of quick, healthy recipes

I joined this thread then disappeared. It’s taken me a while to really get the motivation to stick at it. I’ve lost 2lb this week and I’ve also started working out at home. My legs are killing so it must be doing something! Last time I exercised was PE at school 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I joined this thread then disappeared. It’s taken me a while to really get the motivation to stick at it. I’ve lost 2lb this week and I’ve also started working out at home. My legs are killing so it must be doing something! Last time I exercised was PE at school 😅
Well done on making those changes though! Take it one day at a time, that’s all you need to do 😊

Week 41: birthday week + virus x cold weather = 5.5lb gain 😂. I’ve had a lovely few weeks (apart from the virus) and with 9 weigh ins until xmas, I’m ready to get back on it. Hope everyone is ok 😊

I have 8 stone to lose to get down to 10 stone. I would be happy at about 11 or 12 though.
It just seems insurmountable and I don't know where to start. Has anyone had any experience speaking to the GP for help?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have 8 stone to lose to get down to 10 stone. I would be happy at about 11 or 12 though.
It just seems insurmountable and I don't know where to start. Has anyone had any experience speaking to the GP for help?
Start by deciding what plan you're following ie slimming world, ww, calorie counting etc

Break down your target into smaller chunks, ie 7lb at a time. Have a look at some recipes you think you'll enjoy/ways to adapt current recipes to be healthier. Try to drink some more water.

You can do it

Reactions: 8
I've had various GPs in varying levels of usefulness over the years. Not one has ever recommended WW or SW, though, if you were considering those. And none have said a bean about Fast 800 or IF, either - I think they're very cynical of any of the highly marketed programmes because they see the long term effects. None have had much good to say about Weight Loss Surgery, either - their opinion is that it causes permanent problems and most patients end up finding ways to undo the initial weightloss, just with huge stomach and nutritional issues to contend with on top. One was supportive of a friend doing strict keto, but he was supermorbidly obese, diabetic, blind and desperately needed to keep his sugars down due to developing peripheral neuropathy, so didn't really have any other alternatives.

There's also why you've overeaten. Is it that food is love or happiness? Could it be to put creepy men off? Is it pyschologically 'swallowing down' frustration, resentment and a desire to run away from a suffocating atmosphere/life? Is it a lack of understanding and it's the way you've been taught to behave around food? Understanding your feelings is very helpful.

When it comes down to it, though, why not start by tracking what you actually eat each day without judgement or restriction, just to see where you're at right now? Do it for a couple of weeks or a month and it'll take some of the guilt out, because you'll be able to see what you could adjust without too much pain and any pinch points, such as not having something in the morning and then overcompensating with high calorie, low nutrition stuff in the evening, changing to having something nutritious every morning to make lunch and tea less urgent/desperately cramming something in to counteract lack of energy? For probably months, you'll be able to lose weight eating significantly more than somebody much smaller would, as you're moving more weight around all the time.

Exercise is great, as that helps to address your mood and how you feel physically; it's not for weightloss in itself. You'll need very good trainers to align your body correctly and possibly orthotics, as you're likely to be dropping your ankles in and putting strain on your shins, knees, hips, lower back, upper back and neck. And any movement is exercise. Gives you daylight, too - which is great for your mood, sleep and energy.

Compressive leggings and tops feel good, too. And you might feel slightly less likely to have very high calorie stuff if you're wearing a pair of sports legging than faded saggy ones.

Vitamins are important - Vitamin D particularly. I had high strength Vitamin D to get my levels up and then a standard fizzy vitamin (Redoxon have a wider range than Berocca) to keep them higher; means I have something that tastes very much like cheap, fizzy orange pop, too.

Other than that, if you do move on to losing weight, I would say that you go through stages of squishiness. Sometimes it all seems flabby and awful, then it firms up a bit again.

It's not a speed race. Unlike a 200m sprint where you can start off really fast and then you're dying before you're halfway down the straight, it's more like an ultramarathon, where the important things are to keep going and keep eating - and enjoying the scenery whilst you're at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
-2lbs this week. This is week one for me so hoped for more but i feel the food I had was maintainable and not overly restricitive. I had healthy/low calorie lunches and normal enough dinners. I will try find some more low calorie dinners and see if that helps.

I have a wedding during the week and I am going away for a couple of night next weekend so it will be a challenge.

Reactions: 5
I’m -1.8lb this week, this have been steady so lm pretty satisfied with that. I don’t want to tempt fate but I’m really happy at the moment with my exercise, feeling good and hoping to finish C25k for the second time🙄 next week 🤞🏻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.