Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m back to working out today after going on holiday and catching that cold that has been going round then getting my period 🤪. I haven’t stuck to my diet too strictly whilst I’ve been unwell but I don’t think I’ve gained. I’ll weigh myself tomorrow as hopefully going for a run today will help shed a bit of water weight.

Reactions: 2
Am I wrong to stop doing weekly weigh ins? I felt like I was on my way to a binge restrict cycle as I was becoming obsessed with getting a good result that I didn't eat enough on certain days (and also to make up time for any point that I ate a bit of junk food) and then ate too much afterwards. Just didn't feel good physically or mentally so said to my PT that it was time to try a different approach and focus on a consistent diet/exercise regime and focus on feeling/looking better with the numbers coming down over time. Am I right to do this?

Reactions: 7
Am I wrong to stop doing weekly weigh ins? I felt like I was on my way to a binge restrict cycle as I was becoming obsessed with getting a good result that I didn't eat enough on certain days (and also to make up time for any point that I ate a bit of junk food) and then ate too much afterwards. Just didn't feel good physically or mentally so said to my PT that it was time to try a different approach and focus on a consistent diet/exercise regime and focus on feeling/looking better with the numbers coming down over time. Am I right to do this?
I think so, since some weeks you might have temporarily gained a bit due to hormone fluctuation, and if you feel it'd be better for your mental health and motivation in the long run, why not?

I think it’s worth giving it a try, it might work out better for you.

Definitely. If you’re exercising regularly you could always take your measurements every month instead to see what the difference is there? As you’re probably losing inches and gaining muscle?

Reactions: 4
yeah for sure!! The scale isn't the only measurement of weight loss if that is your goal. I've not weighed myself in 5 years! I had anorexia as a teenager and I don't think a scale will be helpful for me in any which way so I just go off how I feel and how my clothes fit. I would focus on a lifestyle change of healthier eating and regular exercise and just make sure you feel good.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I swapped to monthly weigh-ins towards the end. It gave me a mental break but I still had accountability. Win-win!

Reactions: 3
I was a binge eater/restrictor for many many years( still binge very occasionally but never restrict any more). I haven't weighed myself in probably 6 months(the battery went in my scales and I never got round to changing it),I know I'm losing weight as my clothes that were once tight are now looser and a few people at work have asked if I've lost weight to which I have replied I've no idea!!. I do 2-3 exercise classes a week, walk at least 4 miles a day and am in a very active job. I'm curious as to how much I do weigh but don't want to start weighing again as before I would hop on and off a few times a day and became obsessed and if I had gained any, even a pound, I would think sod it and eat all the cake and give up. I feel healthier and happier doing what I'm doing so the number on the scale really doesn't matter! Definitely give it a try, as someone else said maybe monthly weigh ins or just go by your clothes?!

Reactions: 3
Unfollow these models. They are probably filtered and those bodies are not real. Wear something that makes you feel good. Please just stop comparing yourself to those fake people!
Following on from this, we’ve all seen these type of posts but just in case ❤

I've eaten maintenance calories today and I'm so annoyed with myself.
Don’t be mad at yourself! Look at it over the week rather than a day. I don’t know your maintenance obviously but say you ate an extra 500 today that’s only like an extra 70 calories each day over a week! Even if it was a little more than that it won’t make a difference really. Don’t beat yourself up it’s good to have maintenance days!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve gained nearly half a stone since our wedding in June so I’m back on the calorie counting train. No alcohol, sticking to 1800 calories, trying to not eat back exercise calories unless it’s over 500 cal.

So far today I’ve had two buttermilk pancakes from M and S (admittedly not the best option but sod it) and a large salad and I’ve only got 650 calories left for my tea and anything else I want to eat 😭

• Heart
I’ve gained nearly half a stone since our wedding in June so I’m back on the calorie counting train. No alcohol, sticking to 1800 calories, trying to not eat back exercise calories unless it’s over 500 cal.

So far today I’ve had two buttermilk pancakes from M and S (admittedly not the best option but sod it) and a large salad and I’ve only got 650 calories left for my tea and anything else I want to eat 😭
What about doing something low cal for tea? Like a home made curry with cauliflower rice, or am omelette or something? Then you can have a snack if you need it. Don't wanna be letting yourself get hungry

Reactions: 1
Day 1 of starting to run again. I went early in the morning with my sister whilst it was still dark which I preferred as it was more quieter. If I'm being honest I do find the usual other super slinky runners intimidating.

I do need to get a new sports bra though.

I've eaten maintenance calories today and I'm so annoyed with myself.
You're still doing a good job.

Reactions: 5
What about doing something low cal for tea? Like a home made curry with cauliflower rice, or am omelette or something? Then you can have a snack if you need it. Don't wanna be letting yourself get hungry
Had spag Bol and garlic bread in the end. Going out for tea tonight - think I might end up with a salad 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Lost 3lbs this week 🥳

I find with the scales I maintain for a week or two and then have a bigger loss.

I’m now back under 200lbs and 1lb to go until I’ve lost 2 stone since end of June.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m rejoining this thread

I dipped in a bit at the beginning of the year but with stress and stuff I’ve slowly got into some bad habits. I’ve just done a big food shop to be delivered tomorrow and I’ve meal planned for next week

I’ve had that super cold this week, I’ve been off from work and my OH is useless in the kitchen so I’ve lived on takeaways all week and I’m genuinely sick of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Week 42: -5.5lb which is what I put on last week after my birthday so back on track 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
HI ALL. Wedding was amazing and felt like a princess in my dress. Looking at photos I occasionally have a moment of “hmm my arms look fat” but I’m focusing on just how happy I am in them 🥰 when I work out how to blur my face out I’ll put some in. Also lost 3kg the week of the wedding because I had such a nervy belly, but have put 2kg back on by just eating normally again. Hoping to lose another stone by Christmas, but it was delightful seeing the scales at 85kg for the first time in over 5 year!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.