Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Try not to worry or be upset, I know it’s so demotivating and tit but I was 5lb up last Monday after a meal out on Sunday evening, and I’d lost it all again by Saturday. It will be water weight I’m sure 🤗
Thank you. This is so reassuring to hear.

Reactions: 1
Went out Friday and Saturday night with friends. Weighed myself this morning as weigh in day and gained 5.2lbs. I actually sobbed. Hubby reckons it's just bloat and water weight. Hoping it comes back off quickly as I'm gutted
I think to gain that much you would have had to have consumed 17,500 cals which is unlikely. @bellinibobble is right, it will come off in a few days 👍🏼

Reactions: 2
Went out Friday and Saturday night with friends. Weighed myself this morning as weigh in day and gained 5.2lbs. I actually sobbed. Hubby reckons it's just bloat and water weight. Hoping it comes back off quickly as I'm gutted
Take this advice with a grain of salt as I don't know you/your situation, but would weighing daily rather than once a week be a good option for you? If you have any ED history or obsessive tendencies then ignore this of course!! But for me I would do the same as you - panic when I was weighing once a week and it suddenly went up by a few lb - whereas through weighing most days and taking the weekly average, I've realised my weight can fluctuate a few lbs from day to day. It's not for everyone but it's helped my mentality a lot.

Take this advice with a grain of salt as I don't know you/your situation, but would weighing daily rather than once a week be a good option for you? If you have any ED history or obsessive tendencies then ignore this of course!! But for me I would do the same as you - panic when I was weighing once a week and it suddenly went up by a few lb - whereas through weighing most days and taking the weekly average, I've realised my weight can fluctuate a few lbs from day to day. It's not for everyone but it's helped my mentality a lot.
I used to get a bit obsessive with weighing to the point where I'd be on the scales 3 or 4 times a day so weekly does actually work better for me. Had a great weekend though so I suppose I shouldn't complain

I used to get a bit obsessive with weighing to the point where I'd be on the scales 3 or 4 times a day so weekly does actually work better for me. Had a great weekend though so I suppose I shouldn't complain
Ah fair enough, def stick to that then! It does sound like a great weekend and that's what you'll remember more in the long term than a possible blip on the scales :)

Thanks. Did have a lot of cocktails so hoping it's just excess bloat. Just gutting when you see those numbers on the scales
As a menopausal woman, i can gain 5lb overnight, it's just water retention you'll probably find you wee a lot more at some point in your cycle and then voila, 5lb gone. I weighed myself everyday for 2 months to get a handle on my body and what was happening when then went to once every 4 weeks.

Reactions: 6
Would like to share my progress and motivate myself and another ladies.

I didnt have weight problems in past, but during Covid lockdown i struggled with binge fast food snacking, which leaded to massive weight gain = and when i hit +18kg i realise that its really time for a big change!
I reduce my carbs on 50-100gr daily, and i changed any sweets for high protein chocolate or pudding.
The only thing i am craving is warm toast. On those days i snack warm soup bouillon 3-4x per day.
First 3 weeks i was measuring myself daily and it starts making me crazy. Then i switched to 1x per week on scale and tracking my cm.
Overall i lost 11kg in 6 weeks and a lot of cm. I am still on track and my new goal is losing 6-7kg more and keeping low carb-ish lifestyle.
I have much more energy and i dont suffer from bloating anymore.
I still tend to keep water from time to time, but after 1-2 days its always getting better.
Last week i had a back surgery so i am not able to do any sports. But looking forward to go back to my pilates classes in 1-2 months)

Arms 31 29.5 29 28.5 28.5 28.5
Waist 76 75 74 72 72 71.5
Belly 89 86 83 79 76 75.5
Hips 107 104 102 98 96.5 95
Legs 56 55 54 52 51 50.5

Now i see that dieting is very challenging, and its a every day work and planing.
It has a lot of ups and downs.

💕💕Thank you Tattle family for support! 💕💕

Its harder to find a support in real life.
I started my diet with 3 friends more, but after 1-2 weeks they stopped.
Now when they see my progress they are uncomfortable and i feel like i shouldnt share with them my every day struggles (does anybody else here has also this quilt around her friends who didnt hit they goal weight? How do you deal with it?)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I struggle a lot with only having very skinny friends. I am always the 'fat' one of the group. I know I shouldn't compare but ughhhh it sucks. I'm trying to snack less throughout the day as I have found my weakness lies there 😅 I weigh myself weekly and for the first time in weeks I saw I dropped 1kg. I still have one of those old school scales that's not digital, and sadly it's also not that accurate. Does anyone have tips for a good scale?

@Frau_guru these are such good achievements!! It's amazing how a lifestyle change can have such positive effects on you!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone have any tips for McDonald’s options? It’s my 3 yr olds birthday tea choice. We only go 3 or 4 times a year and normally just go for Big Mac meal (not the best), I really don’t want to sit eating salad but wondered if others do McDonald’s what’s the best option?

Does anyone have any tips for McDonald’s options? It’s my 3 yr olds birthday tea choice. We only go 3 or 4 times a year and normally just go for Big Mac meal (not the best), I really don’t want to sit eating salad but wondered if others do McDonald’s what’s the best option?
They do a grilled chicken wrap, well they do if they are doing their full menu. They did take it off for covid.

Reactions: 3
They have all the nutritional info on their website!

They do a grilled chicken wrap, well they do if they are doing their full menu. They did take it off for covid.
Thank you I will see what they are doing

They have all the nutritional info on their website!
Thank you. I will have a look if I get a chance.
i just asked because I know some people who are fab at calorie countering do have McDonald’s and I wondered what options they went for to give me some inspiration.

I like the 3 chicken select meal or the 6 chicken nugget meal personally. Their website has a calorie counter option where you choose what you want and it adds up the calories for you, so helpful

I think this week or so where my scales have been out of battery has done me a lot of good mentally

I would go with a wrap! They do a veggie one which has veg in the goujon. Unfortunately everything is going to be fried. Or go for a burger without the bun if you want something that's "fresh" as the burgers are cooked on a grill from raw. I read something on reddit where a guy gets a burger with lettuce etc but just eats it as a open top burger (so no top bun just the bottom bit)

Thank you everyone. I went for the wrap, did have some regular fries 🙈 but no drink and passed up the McFlurry the husband came back with and also didn’t finished my daughters happy meal which I normally do and I feel so much better about it all.
normally I’d just say sod it and order everything I want so acknowledging I can eat out and pick healthy choices is a big win for me.
Also the calorie counter thing on the McDonald’s website is brilliant. I didn’t know they did that.

Reactions: 9
Trying the whole "waking up at 5am will change your life" thing. No idea why but I've woken up so hungry, gassy and nauseated 😭 trying to force down a drink at the least

Trying the whole "waking up at 5am will change your life" thing. No idea why but I've woken up so hungry, gassy and nauseated 😭 trying to force down a drink at the least
Have you eaten? I always have a bit of fruit, a glass of water and a very large coffee. I get up at 5 every day and it has changed my life. I get so much more done. I'm neither use nor ornament in the evening, mind 🤣

And it does get easier over time!

Last edited:
Have you eaten? I always have a bit of fruit, a glass of water and a very large coffee. I get up at 5 every day and it has changed my life. I get so much more done. I'm neither use nor ornament in the evening, mind 🤣
I've had some Greek yoghurt but I can't face anything else. Had half a cuppa and a glass of water.

Edited to add: I've just been sick so maybe I've got that sickness bug that's been going round, rather than my body not responding well to 5am wakeups

Last edited:
  • Sad
I would say instead of getting up at 5am just get up as soon as you wake up, it's the snoozing that makes us feel sluggish. I was on earlies last week so set the alarm for 4.50 but 2 days I woke up just after 4am and instead of staying in bed, I got up and decided I'd walk to work. Honestly when I came home at 1pm I went on an absolute cleaning rampage, so I think it's the not snoozing rather than the actual time you get up that makes the difference, atleast it was that for me

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.