Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still not sure.
Last year was very challenging with lots of staying at home and loooots of snacks.
Def i would like to have a healthier life and food choices.

Probably i should cook more and eat less bread if i really want to keep my goal weight.
Or 🐱 being every half year, few weeks on diet 🐖 and rest .... 💕💕🐖🐖🍔🍔🍟🍟🍰🍰🍞🍞

Reactions: 2
weighed today not expecting much… 1kg down!! hallelujah. after the scales literally being stuck for about a week, it’s finally budged. now to keep it off

• Heart
Reactions: 9
2lbs off this week. After my wobble a couple of weeks ago I seem to be consistently going in the right direction now so I’m happy.

All the next milestones seem to be in sight so need to remember that to keep on track. 2lbs until I’m under 200lbs, 4lbs until I’ve lost 2 stone and 6lbs until the next stone zone.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
2lbs off this week. After my wobble a couple of weeks ago I seem to be consistently going in the right direction now so I’m happy.

All the next milestones seem to be in sight so need to remember that to keep on track. 2lbs until I’m under 200lbs, 4lbs until I’ve lost 2 stone and 6lbs until the next stone zone.
That is great- I seem to be the complete opposite this week but you gotta roll with it I suppose. I find it so much harder with the rain and dark nights so can’t get out for a walk and all I want is comfort food like pasta and bread

Reactions: 6
1lb gain this week.

To be honest I've been Very Off Plan with a wedding and a family birthday to celebrate. But last night we had some lovely food from M&S for Mr B's birthday. Instead of buying a pizza each, we shared one and a side of popcorn cauliflower. We had a slice of cake with the kids but restrained ourselves when they went to bed. I know it sounds daft but that's a big mindset shift for us.

Got another family birthday and our anniversary next week so may take next week "off" too. Not go wild but fasting might only be one day. It's also half term here so the cupboards are bursting with snacks for the kids. I will be strong!

Hope everyone has a good weekend 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Week 40: -1.25lb. Weighing a day early as i’m out tonight and it’s my birthday weekend so I know tomorrow’s result will not be pretty (or accurate!). Have a great weekend everyone 😊

• Heart
No significant loss for me this week, really disappointed as I’ve stuck to the plan rigidly and was hoping to be a bit lighter before I go wedding dress shopping this weekend. I’m hoping for a whoosh in the next few days.. Infuriated that it is sticking around!!

• Heart
I lost 0,5Kg, so I'm really happy with that. Yesterday was one of the most stressful days of my life. ☹ Thankfully my carb cravings have calmed down a bit.
Tonight I'll do some meal prep, which I honestly haven't done in aaaages, but is so so useful when you just don't feel like cooking, which for me is every single day! 🤣🤣 Also, I'm coming down with a cold. 🤧 I'll make bolognese and freeze half so I have it with konjac noodles, some meatballs and freeze them, crustless quiche and also some roast tomato soup as I found this recipe, which looks incredible! Minus the bread! 😬😅

Reactions: 4
No significant loss for me this week, really disappointed as I’ve stuck to the plan rigidly and was hoping to be a bit lighter before I go wedding dress shopping this weekend. I’m hoping for a whoosh in the next few days.. Infuriated that it is sticking around!!
Good luck wedding dress shopping! Don't be pushed into anything. Sales assistants can be very fond of that in my experience - "Oh if you want it by X date then it needs ordered NOW!"

Reactions: 3
Good luck wedding dress shopping! Don't be pushed into anything. Sales assistants can be very fond of that in my experience - "Oh if you want it by X date then it needs ordered NOW!"
Thank you! This is my first time going and I have a year until I get married so I’m not too worried, it’s a place that does them off the peg too so hopefully no pressure 🤞🏻 I am feeling a little nervous though! It’s a big deal..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone 👋 been trying to lose weight on off for the last few years but actually making a go of it now. Average weight this week is up 2lb from last week which is disappointing but hey ho! Have been doing a bit of exercise this week (ten mins a day indoor cycling) to try and build up a sustainable habit, and have definitely been snacking less the last couple. I'm worried about my health but so far that hasn't really helped stop me reaching for the snacks whenever I want. We move, I guess!

• Heart
Konjac noodles are approved and I highly reccomend them to pasta lovers trying to lose weight! Tasted like normal pasta, only the texture is slightly rubbery. Next time I'll put a bit of grated cheddar on top instead of parmesan!

Hi everyone, 6 weeks postpartum and not feeling great in myself so looking to lose weight and get fit and healthy again. Going to be slow going in terms of exercise as even an hour walk gets me so achey. I’m very much a comfort eater and don’t always make the best choices despite knowing better. Any tips for losing weight after having a baby would be greatly appreciated :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone, 6 weeks postpartum and not feeling great in myself so looking to lose weight and get fit and healthy again. Going to be slow going in terms of exercise as even an hour walk gets me so achey. I’m very much a comfort eater and don’t always make the best choices despite knowing better. Any tips for losing weight after having a baby would be greatly appreciated :)
Honestly? My tips are to concentrate upon your baby and looking after yourself, not worrying about weight.

However, there are things I suggest that could help you feel better (assuming you've got the all clear post natally and there's nothing physically other than normal post natal recovery;

1. Activity. We're going into Autumn/Winter and the lack of sunlight really affects us. Try to give yourself a routine of packing the baby up into the pram/buggy/travel system and getting out of the house for twenty odd minutes. It makes so much difference, even when you're tired, teary, the baby is crying more or it's cold and rainy or blustery - you'll need a raincover for the buggy and a decent waterproof jacket and a warm hat for you, but genuinely, the best thing is to be outside every single day, rain or shine. And, as a side effect, it's twenty minutes of exercise using up a few calories in a place where you aren't going to be able to comfort eat.

2. Vitamin D. We don't get enough in our diets, we aren't out enough in the summer or the weather is crap and we can't get it naturally at all until Late Spring, Early Summer. It doesn't just affect bones or skin, it affects mood and aching. I take a multivitamin with it in (but I had several high dose courses at first from the hospital where they picked it up). And you've just had a baby - vitamins are a good thing, whether you're breast or formula feeding.

3. Good footwear. I bang on about this all the time. Even if you have no intention of running for anything that doesn't involve escaping from a hungry escaped Tiger chasing after you at the time, get some properly fitted running shoes - if you're dropping your ankles in or one leg is turned in due to weakened muscles or you're overarching your back because, hey, you've just had your stomach muscles battered for nine months, all your ligaments have become looser due to pregnancy hormones and they aren't keeping your pelvis in the correct alignment, it hurts. But the right shoes, the right posture, you're fine for much longer and you're not stuck on the sofa feeling crap for the next two days with sore back, legs, knees, hips, shins or feet.

4. Plan for difficult days. Keep snacks that you like and are easy to eat one handed around - maybe you like popcorn? Snack bars with high fibre and sweetness from fruit rather than sugar? Hardboiled eggs? Individual portions of cheese? Carrot, cucumber and celery sticks and mini tubs of hummous? Individually wrapped fruit loaf? If you have things that fulfil the need without the feeling crap afterwards, it's a lot easier to have those rather than completely depriving yourself and then going out to buy chocolate, crisps, biscuits, ice cream, etc, and having them all.

5. Time off. Will you get any time where you won't be looking after the baby? I don't just mean 3 minutes whilst you're having a shower, I mean will you be able to take an hour/two/whatever for yourself at all? If you can, maybe consider a Pilates class or something that is gentle but effective twice or three times a week. Don't rush back from the gym if you go there, take the time to shower, dry your hair, be relaxed. It's your time and you deserve to get the most out of it. And once baby's had their vaccinations, maybe taking them 'swimming', perhaps with Dad, so you are doing something nice with them and moving around somewhere that biscuits aren't immediately available.

6. GENTLE home exercise. That is, pelvic floor exercises, gentle stretches whilst sitting down, wiggling and stretching your feet and toes, getting reacquainted with your abdominal muscles by tightening them, not sit ups/crunches, improving your posture now you don't have the extra weight of bump and baby pulling you forwards. It's all exercise. There are post natal exercise routines on YouTube - if you like them, do them.

7. A supportive bra in your current size. What can I say, I like being supported. I prefer sports bras to normal ones, as normal ones and their straps and cups annoy me.

8. Compression leggings feel really good, especially if they're high waisted. Maybe your trip out would be you in good running shoes, compression leggings, great sports bra underneath your t shirt/vest and waterproof, warm hat whilst pushing baby along in the buggy? You don't actually have to run, the point is that you'd feel comfortable walking. And you can get some really nice ones on Amazon in all the colours you like for about twenty quid, as this is a time when you are most definitely allowed to wear whatever the hell you like - I think that on some level, putting on nice sports wear with support around your legs, stomach and boobs will just feel better than baggy Primark leggings and an uncomfortable men's t-shirt and that will make you more likely to move around and make more healthy food choices.

9. Sleep. Possibly a rare thing right now. But it's important - and if that means a short walk, home for feed, change and baby sleeping for a couple of hours where you get a nap as well, that's fine. I preferred putting DD into her cot each time because she'd theoretically get used to sleeping in it and I wouldn't have to worry about whether she was safe, so could nap more easily myself.

All of these are ideas to help you, not put further demands on you when you've got a lovely baby to enjoy. I think if you could do some of these through winter, by the time we're out the other side and it's Spring again, you'll be feeling much better about yourself because you've looked after yourself over the time, you won't be so depleted in vitamins and minerals, you'll be stronger and fitter AND possibly lost some weight.

1kg down this morning. Bacon GF sandwich for breakfast and slowcooker chilli with loads of veg & rice for dinner tonight. Still a bit snotted up from my cold, so I don't think the gym would be a good idea today. Maybe tomorrow when Mr D's out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had a Burger King and cookies for late breakfast early lunch (11am) cause it’s my only day off this week so wanted a “treat” (hate that mentality - really trying to stop it but don’t know how) so was feeling a bit crappy but decided I wasn’t going to let that ruin my day and make the day a write off so having a bean salad for a late lunch cause I’ll have late tea tonight watching strictly. Feeling good cause I probably would have just beaten myself up about it all day

I want to lose a stone. Last year I lost 20lbs but went about it the wrong way. Practically starved myself on 800 calories a day for 2 months and then inevitably gained it all back over the next few months as I didn’t work on my relationship with food. I suffer with emotional and binge eating. I haven’t weighed myself I think I am just going to go off the way my clothes fit. There’s a pair of jeans I want to wear again and putting them on I would say a stone loss would do it.
Have managed to go a week without bingeing now but I ended the week on maintenance so no losses. I do 20,000 steps a day so it may have pushed me into a small deficit. Idk. I would like to lose this by Christmas but it’s hard.

does anyone else sometimes think duck it I’ll just cut calories really low and get the weight off as quick as possible? I know it’s a bad mindset to have as it’s what I did last year. It’s just always in my head. It feels like I don’t have the willpower to do it slow

• Heart
I want to lose a stone. Last year I lost 20lbs but went about it the wrong way. Practically starved myself on 800 calories a day for 2 months and then inevitably gained it all back over the next few months as I didn’t work on my relationship with food. I suffer with emotional and binge eating. I haven’t weighed myself I think I am just going to go off the way my clothes fit. There’s a pair of jeans I want to wear again and putting them on I would say a stone loss would do it.
Have managed to go a week without bingeing now but I ended the week on maintenance so no losses. I do 20,000 steps a day so it may have pushed me into a small deficit. Idk. I would like to lose this by Christmas but it’s hard.

does anyone else sometimes think duck it I’ll just cut calories really low and get the weight off as quick as possible? I know it’s a bad mindset to have as it’s what I did last year. It’s just always in my head. It feels like I don’t have the willpower to do it slow

Nah. Despite the punting of the fast 800 and suchlike, it's utter crap. I'm too old and grumpy to want to have the fainting at inopportune moments, headaches and general misery of a crash diet that will be almost impossible to stick to, probably lead to abject failure and a binge of epic proportions and quite likely trigger the long dormant ED.

This (what I'm doing) is OK. I'm eating things that I like, not worrying about calorie counts beyond 'Do I really want this that much?' not having unpleasant side effects and there isn't success/failure in the same way if I don't lose or go up a bit one Saturday. Which means that it's more sustainable.

I do think that as I lose weight, I might have to be a bit stricter to make sure it continues, but as it is, it's much easier this way.

Reactions: 7

I think that's sort of the problem with those fasting/800 calorie diets, they offer a quick fix which is what everyone wants.
Have you ever addressed why you binge eat? That might help as then it's not a willpower thing but an understanding thing? I figured out (with a therapist) that a lot of my binge eating comes from boredom, thirst, a bad habit of wanting to eat something while I watch tele, and when I'm fed up. It didn't really do anything in terms of what to do instead but it does make me think "I want this because of xyz".

Also remember that your body goes through cycles which means it's harder to lose weight some times than other times so you may not see a loss but that doesn't mean there hasn't been a change in your body. Every little helps even if you don't see it. It could be something as small as your good gut bacteria multiplying which will help down the road

My mum told me weight would fall off before my wedding, and I didn’t really believe her because I literally glance at chocolate and put on a kilo, but lost a kilo this week just because I’ve had such a nervy belly 😂 final dress fitting on Wednesday, phew! Will be back on it properly again November with time to lose a bit more before Christmas. Would like another stone gone by the end of the year!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.