Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sympathies with everyone struggling. I went to visit my mum for a few days at the beginning of June (we live 600 miles apart), treated it like a week off and have been eating vast amounts of sugar ever since. 11lbs back on and I can't seem to break it at the moment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Sympathies with everyone struggling. I went to visit my mum for a few days at the beginning of June (we live 600 miles apart), treated it like a week off and have been eating vast amounts of sugar ever since. 11lbs back on and I can't seem to break it at the moment.
Sugar is the devil. Unfortunately the only way is cold turkey if, like me, you have a massive sugar addiction. Try and eat as soon as you get up and don't let yourself get hungry over the next few days. Plan out you meals before shopping and DON'T GO SHOPPING HUNGRY. Basically you want to make sure you don't need to go shopping for a few days.

Reactions: 4
Problem is the rest of the household isn't prepared to not have it in the house and Mr F just bought me a large Hotel Chocolat box for our 10th anniversary! Which is nearly gone, to be fair, so won't be an issue much longer.

Reactions: 5
Problem is the rest of the household isn't prepared to not have it in the house and Mr F just bought me a large Hotel Chocolat box for our 10th anniversary! Which is nearly gone, to be fair, so won't be an issue much longer.
I always find it better to gorge on stuff like that and get it finished as soon as possible.

Reactions: 1
Lost another 2lbs this week so I’m 8 weeks in and lost a total of 1 stone 4.5lbs so far. Onwards and downwards!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
what does everyone usually have for breakfast?
i’m getting bored of yogurt and fruit tbh :/
Toast, breakfast biscuits, pain au chocolat

So I thought I'd fucked it yesterday, but when I faced the music and input the cals, I was actually a few calories under for the day. That gave me the strength to not comfort eat.
I'm back to pre holiday weight this morning 🙌🏽
My mini target is a new stone zone by the end of next month, which means a 5lb loss needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Porridge and fruit, some kind of egg white and veg/cheese mix, pre-made Slimfast shake (I know, it's junk, but I actually like the choc flavour and find it keeps me going until lunch!) or greek yoghurt and fruit.

NSVs:
- Completed my 3rd Shaun T video (from his T-25 series) this morning. My legs are strong and I'm killing it with squats and leg work. All that walking has paid off. 🚶‍♀️
- Size 12 winter coat fit! It looks good but it will look better with a bit more weight loss if I'm being honest.

Need to work on:
Core needs WERK. It's almost as if sitting around the house for 18 months binging every TV show ever made hasn't been good for me. 🤔😆 Also, shoulders/arms. Had to get out of bed last night and stretch I was feeling it so badly!!

Keep going, everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone, I've not posted here before. I'm really struggling with my weight. I'm curvier than I'd like to be and my tummy is a real problem for me, I feel like no matter what I wear it's just this big visible bulge that I can't get rid of. I'm going running about 2 times a week at the moment, which I'm trying to turn into a daily thing although of late I've slacked a bit! My issue is that I just don't seem to enjoy healthy food. I really struggle to come up with healthy meal ideas that I actually enjoy. I always seem to ruin it by sticking garlic bread on the side, or not feeling quite full enough so I snack. I'm a sucker for sugary, bad foods. How do you all find healthy meals which actually make you feel full and which you enjoy?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi everyone, I've not posted here before. I'm really struggling with my weight. I'm curvier than I'd like to be and my tummy is a real problem for me, I feel like no matter what I wear it's just this big visible bulge that I can't get rid of. I'm going running about 2 times a week at the moment, which I'm trying to turn into a daily thing although of late I've slacked a bit! My issue is that I just don't seem to enjoy healthy food. I really struggle to come up with healthy meal ideas that I actually enjoy. I always seem to ruin it by sticking garlic bread on the side, or not feeling quite full enough so I snack. I'm a sucker for sugary, bad foods. How do you all find healthy meals which actually make you feel full and which you enjoy?
I don't have snacks in the house, cos no willpower. I've found I can resist buying them, so that works for me. I went cold turkey on chocolate etc, after a few weeks, when I ate a bit of chocolate, it was waay too sweet, not enjoyable. As for meals, I eat the same, just a smaller portion. More veg than rice/potatoes too. These don't sound like drastic changes, but they're working for me, and I don't feel deprived.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m another one that can’t have snacks in the house so all that is left is fruit and veg to snack on. I’ve just gotten into yogurts again, the muller light or activia with granola. My treat is my iced coffee, the Costa caramel cans are 95 calories or original is 115. I am terrible and fill up on Pepsi max which I know isn’t healthy either but i find it helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
For breakfast I have yogurt and fruit or cereal, I like Cheerios and they’re not too bad for calories. Porridge and fruit is good in winter.

I also don’t buy snacks as likewise I’ll eat a whole packet of biscuits without blinking. I like a lot of carby meals so I try and give myself a little less pasta/rice and a little more veg.

Reactions: 2
I don't have snacks in the house, cos no willpower. I've found I can resist buying them, so that works for me. I went cold turkey on chocolate etc, after a few weeks, when I ate a bit of chocolate, it was waay too sweet, not enjoyable. As for meals, I eat the same, just a smaller portion. More veg than rice/potatoes too. These don't sound like drastic changes, but they're working for me, and I don't feel deprived.
I'm the same, much easier to not buy them in the 1st place than to not eat them if they are in the cupboard.

Reactions: 2
I wish I could not have snacks in the house, but I think my partner would have a complaint to make about that 😂 He's one of those reaaaaaaaaalllllly annoying people who can eat whatever they want and never put any weight on. I can't remember the last time I saw him eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable, he lives on junk! So I'm up against it a bit having someone living with me who eats crap all the time, it's sooo hard to have the will power not to just have the same as him

Reactions: 1
I would say with meals it's a case of trial and error, building up a repertoire of meals that you like, are filling and relatvely lo-cal. Pulses are great for adding bulk to a meal. I make a dish with Sainsburys chicken meatballs, a can of chopped tomatoes, a can of chickpeas, a bunch of spinach and some ras-el hanout spice. It would be fine without the chicken meatballs to behonest, serve with a dollop of yogurt.
I suggest that maybe you start trying to find a couple of meals a week that are a bit healthier and then build your recipes from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.