Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been kept awake the past few nights by terrible restless legs (presumably because of the HIIT workouts I started last week). I already take all the recommended vitamins so I did some desperate googling and found a tip to put a bar of soap (??) under your bottom sheet near your feet. It's not completely cured it but I somehow had the best sleep I've had all week. πŸ˜† #randomtipoftheday
I’m definitely going to try the soap trick my son suffers with restless legs.

Only 1 pound loss for me this week, had a bit of a boozy weekend at a wedding.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Magnesium! My son had terrible growing pains (not the same thing I know) and I looked into it and got him some multivits with magnesium and he's never suffered since.
Oooh yeah I used to wake up with stabbing cramps in my calves in the night and magnesium is the only thing that helped!

Reactions: 2
I wish I could not have snacks in the house, but I think my partner would have a complaint to make about that πŸ˜‚ He's one of those reaaaaaaaaalllllly annoying people who can eat whatever they want and never put any weight on. I can't remember the last time I saw him eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable, he lives on junk! So I'm up against it a bit having someone living with me who eats crap all the time, it's sooo hard to have the will power not to just have the same as him
My partner is the same except he hit 30 and his motabilism went down hill. I do the food shop so I've started not buying beer, biscuits etc. We live near a corner shop so if he wants snacks in then he can go there and get them himself. Would that work for you guys?

My partner is the same except he hit 30 and his motabilism went down hill. I do the food shop so I've started not buying beer, biscuits etc. We live near a corner shop so if he wants snacks in then he can go there and get them himself. Would that work for you guys?
Good idea. Mr Wilma might be shocked at the thought of having to use his own legs to get his junk food, but I'm sure he'll manage haha

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Jumped on the scales this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find I had dropped 1lb which takes me under 16 stone for the first time since April! That has been from just cutting out bread and using MFP to get a rough idea of how many calories a day I'm consuming. Think getting back on the nursery run has helped too as I've hit 10, 000 steps each day for the first time in months.

Tomorrow is my first 5:2 fast day and I made a big batch of carrot and leek soup for lunch. Mr B is jumping on the 5:2 train too which helps a bit too.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Right, that's my birthday out of the way, so I can knuckle down to things again. I had a good think back to when I could easily maintain around 9st 4lbs and I was doing the Harcombe Diet at the time - I stayed at that weight for 5 or 6 years, then we had a proper annus horribilis in 2018 and I never managed to lose that weight gain properly.

So I've re-read the book, realised how many of the candida overgrowth symptoms I have again and am knuckling down to the 5 day Phase 1. Starting at 11st 5lbs, wish me luck :)

Reactions: 5
Me too @Falkor, got a good two week break until my next social event so can really knuckle down food wise.

Exercise wise, my knee feels okay now so I am debating whether to do a C25k style introduction back to running, or to join the gym in advance of the crappy winter weather and do some lower impact cycling and cross training. Hmm..

What's everyone eating today? I took some M&S 77 calorie rolls out of the freezer this morning so I'll have them for lunch with Sainsbury's BGTY 3-bean soup. I have six (!) containers of egg whites so will use some up for dinner tonight.

What's everyone eating today? I took some M&S 77 calorie rolls out of the freezer this morning so I'll have them for lunch with Sainsbury's BGTY 3-bean soup. I have six (!) containers of egg whites so will use some up for dinner tonight.
had some yogurt fruit and a sprinkling of granola for breakfast
having a chicken and beetroot salad for lunch and then mushroom risotto for tea !

Reactions: 1
I had all bran and skimmed milk for breakfast, not sure about the rest of the day because I need to do my shopping.. probably soup and a bagel with light philly for lunch πŸ€”

Good call on the all bran! Adding to my next order. I never think of it, but I don't mind it and it might help with... moving things along. 😝

• Haha
Natural live yoghurt for breakfast, just had bacon and eggs for lunch (eggs from my neighbour's hens, really lovely), and supper is going to be chilli with a load of veg. I'm supposed to have a bit of brown rice or some porridge oats every day on phase 1, but I forgot the oats this morning and I don't have any brown rice in the house. (Joys of living where I do, the nearest place I could get some is a 52-mile round trip!)

I had tofu scramble and toast for breakfast/brunch. and will probably have potatoes beans and guac for dinner :) I made a really nice black bean taco thing last night with potatoes instead of tacos! going to try start exercising again this week, haven't been able to stick to anything yet

Reactions: 4
Hey guys I am going through the thread and for excersise I do growwithjo on YouTube and count my cals and try get my dog out for a walk and it seems to work I am totally rubbish though with food

Last edited:
Okay.. Tea is going to be Indian spiced chicken, pinch of nom bhajis and fat free dal.. I LOVE DAL!! 😍

Got my meals planned for the week, so going to do a Sainsburys click and collect this evening. Makes it so much easier for me to stay on track.

Reactions: 5
Meals today are overnight oats with yogurt and fruit for breakfast. Lunch is left over home made pizza (we have it every Saturday night and I always save some because I love it for lunch and it fits my macros/calories easier if i just eat half! Plus I don't get that nasty bloated feeling which I always get if I eat it all!) and dinner is steak and veg. I have melon and strawberries as well to eat and usually have a protein shake too. And lots of coffee!

Breakfast was Cheerios and milk and two coffees to get through the morning. Lunch was a ham and cheese spread sandwich with a bag of lentil crisps. Dinner will be spag bol. I’m boring and plan out all my meals for the week so I can stay on track.

Reactions: 4
A tiny portion of muesli at 5.30am, literally a stomach liner portion (earlies this week so a struggle to eat more than a snack at that time) A cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwich on granary for lunch and a small portion of my chicken mess pasta for dinner (chicken, chorizo, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella and pasta) I also snuck in a hovis digestive at 9am. Water to drink all day and a long walk this afternoon to cover the mozzarella calories.

Hi everyone! πŸ‘‹

I've lost a stone since February 2021, had my daughter in October 2020. I feel proud that I have achieved this but I took some progress pictures yesterday and can't see a difference at all πŸ˜•

I'm currently on 1,210 calories a day (MFP suggested) but I'm usually 2/300 calories below that once I've done exercise. Is this too little? To be honest I don't have the best relationship with food and I have a fear of eating too many calories and putting weight on/not losing weight but I genuinely don't know what's best to do πŸ˜”

I also struggle with meal ideas, mainly with evening meals if anyone can help? I never used to make family meals before having my daughter but the past few weeks I've been trying to make things like Lasagne, mince and dumplings, slow cooked beef, chicken curry. Any ideas welcome! 😊

Also any suggestions on how to eat less carbs and more protein? I try not to pay too much attention to macros because at this stage in my weight loss I don't think they're important but at a glance I'm eating wayyyy too many carbs and not enough protein πŸ˜”

Happy to connect on MFP if anyone would like to 😊
I would like to connect on MFP how do we do it? You sound like me with the whole meal things and carbs. Baby weigh to shift.
My downfall is eating too many sweets and snacking during love Island or a film!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.