Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for the late reply. Something just clicked in my brain and I managed to just not even want to binge. Once I started seeing the number on the scales go down it helped keep me focussed.

Totally enjoyed my holiday, weighed yesterday morning and the damage was 9lbs on. Back to calorie counting now ☺
I was about to question how anyone can gain that much weight on holiday but then remembered I did 7lb in a week. Was initially stunned but then recalled the 7 or 8 frozen cocktails plus shots I was drinking every day which easily added up to 3500 extra cals each day so it is very easily done. Alcohol is the devil when it comes to losing weight.

Reactions: 4
Please don't anyone get too worried about holiday weight! Important to remember too that usually it is mostly water! I was on holiday last week, gained about 5lb, I didn't go mad, fish and chips by the beach an ice cream and a couple of puddings here and there. Had a lovely time! I've dropped about 3lb and hopefully the rest will come off over the next week (I retain water like mad anyway so knew it wouldn't be quick!)

Most holiday foods are quite carby by nature and carbs have more water (carboHYDRATE).

I have a kids birthday this week too, which means homemade cake (the law in this house) and I've been requested to make a chocolate mint cheesecake. It has a layer of after 8 mints in the middle and topped with Aero bubbles ❤ I love making cheesecakes but I have just worked out the calories and it is about 800 a slice before I've even put the bubbles on 🤣 I'll have a small piece and enjoy.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was about to question how anyone can gain that much weight on holiday but then remembered I did 7lb in a week. Was initially stunned but then recalled the 7 or 8 frozen cocktails plus shots I was drinking every day which easily added up to 3500 extra cals each day so it is very easily done. Alcohol is the devil when it comes to losing weight.
Yes the alcohol deff made a difference as I hardly ever drink at home. My total loss is still 51lbs so I’m not gonna worry about it too much ☺

Reactions: 6
Hiya
Hope you all don’t mind me jumping on this thread 😊
Just done 10 weeks with saxenda (skinny jab) which didn’t work for me so back to calorie counting.
does anyone have any good recommendations for working out the calories I should be eating per day? I’ve used a few websites but they all come back different!
looking forward to getting this weight shifted finally. I lost 6 stone a few years ago and I’ve put about 4 on so just want to get back to my previous weight

Reactions: 5
So many work birthdays this month and so little willpower to say no to cake!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hiya
Just done 10 weeks with saxenda (skinny jab) which didn’t work for me so back to calorie counting.
does anyone have any good recommendations for working out the calories I should be eating per day? I’ve used a few websites but they all come back different!
looking forward to getting this weight shifted finally. I lost 6 stone a few years ago and I’ve put about 4 on so just want to get back to my previous weight
Welcome! 😊 and sorry to hear it didn’t work for you. Most of us are calorie counting here so you’re in good company.
This is the one I use, not had any problems with it so far 🤞🏻 - https://tdeecalculator.net/

Reactions: 2
Hiya
I use http://tdeecalculator.net too.

Reactions: 1
Hiya
I used 3 different calculators and then worked out the average ☺

Out of the ones I’ve used it’s ranging from 1500 - 1800
Surely it’s better to start high and then reduce down isn’t it? If you plateau etc?
last time I did calories counting I was on a solid 1200 calories for around a year and then just stopped losing weight all together so don’t want that to happen again

Out of the ones I’ve used it’s ranging from 1500 - 1800
Surely it’s better to start high and then reduce down isn’t it? If you plateau etc?
last time I did calories counting I was on a solid 1200 calories for around a year and then just stopped losing weight all together so don’t want that to happen again
Yeah definitely, I’d start off at the highest and see how much you lose, if you’re happy then great, but you’re in a position where you can also drop it down slightly if you need to 😊

Reactions: 3
So many work birthdays this month and so little willpower to say no to cake!
Ugh, I feel that! October to December is going to be a danger zone of birthdays/anniversaries/Christmas. If I can hit healthy BMI before then, I'll probably shift into maintenance mode for the last quarter of the year.

Ugh, I feel that! October to December is going to be a danger zone of birthdays/anniversaries/Christmas. If I can hit healthy BMI before then, I'll probably shift into maintenance mode for the last quarter of the year.
August is honestly the devil for me, but I’ve got my wedding dress fitting in a month and just want to get a last stone gone before then! Hardcore month while dodging around my hen do 😂

Reactions: 4
Whyyyy am I such a fat piece of tit 😩 way over my cals today because my mental illness is being a bleep.

• Heart
  • Sad
Whyyyy am I such a fat piece of tit 😩 way over my cals today because my mental illness is being a bleep.
Don't be so hard on yourself!!!! It's not easy at all and we have to accept the fact that there will be good days, bad days and more a less days! Just don't let a bad day turn into a week or month! You can do it!!!!
Is there anything at all you can do to cheer you up (non food related)? Catching some sun, doing my nails and things like that help me a lot!

• Heart
Heyyy, no no no. You are worthy of love and support no matter what your body looks like, or what your brain is telling you today. Deep breaths, try and get some rest. We're all here for a rant or a pep talk whenever you're ready x

• Heart
Solidarity - I am suffering at the moment and really really struggling to diet and then it makes it worse. It is so circular!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Solidarity - I am suffering at the moment and really really struggling to diet and then it makes it worse. It is so circular!
Sending you lots of love. It's such a tit cycle isn't it 😭 especially knowing what to do but not being able to stick to it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.