Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what does everyone usually have for breakfast?
i’m getting bored of yogurt and fruit tbh :/
Protein yoghurt with granola
Porridge with protein powder and a pack of whitworths shots
Scrambled egg on granary toast

basically something high protein to fill me up until lunch!

Reactions: 1
Week 33: +0.5. Was having a really good week and had been set for a loss but it was my Dad’s birthday yesterday and we had a chippy tea. I chose fairly well but it was all quite salty so i’m fairly sure that’s linked to the gain. Onwards!

Reactions: 2
Back from holiday and I’ve maintained! Really pleased. It was probably down to the 2 yr old bringing a sickness bug from nursery and passing it round so the first 4 days were a write off. I wouldn’t recommend it as a holiday diet 😂 and I had to do two loads of washing while on holiday but I did have ice cream and chips at the end of the holiday and it hasn’t lead to the normal 5lbs holiday gain.

Reactions: 5
I've got a takeaway tonight planned with the lad I'm seeing. Not gonna let myself feel guilty over it as I'm sure we will be burning lots of calories too 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone, I've not posted here before. I'm really struggling with my weight. I'm curvier than I'd like to be and my tummy is a real problem for me, I feel like no matter what I wear it's just this big visible bulge that I can't get rid of. I'm going running about 2 times a week at the moment, which I'm trying to turn into a daily thing although of late I've slacked a bit! My issue is that I just don't seem to enjoy healthy food. I really struggle to come up with healthy meal ideas that I actually enjoy. I always seem to ruin it by sticking garlic bread on the side, or not feeling quite full enough so I snack. I'm a sucker for sugary, bad foods. How do you all find healthy meals which actually make you feel full and which you enjoy?
I find adding veggies to stuff like a chilli is a good start. Onion, pepper, grated carrot. You don’t actually notice them. I would still always have garlic bread tho, but just cook less as if I cook a load I’ll eat a load. I have just one slice for at the end.

I also have cauliflower rice but I know it isn’t for everyone. It tastes better than it smells 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A question for those of you who do weights. I’ve been mainly walking since Jan to lose weight, but the last 4 weeks i’ve started back at the gym and have been using the weights machines. I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing, it just depends what’s available, but it’s mainly arms/shoulders/crunches type things. I track my weight daily and always have a slight increase the day after the gym, which i’m assuming is water retention in my muscles? My question is, does that water retention always happen so I should always expect an increase the next day, or does your body stop doing it after a while?

A question for those of you who do weights. I’ve been mainly walking since Jan to lose weight, but the last 4 weeks i’ve started back at the gym and have been using the weights machines. I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing, it just depends what’s available, but it’s mainly arms/shoulders/crunches type things. I track my weight daily and always have a slight increase the day after the gym, which i’m assuming is water retention in my muscles? My question is, does that water retention always happen so I should always expect an increase the next day, or does your body stop doing it after a while?
i’ve been doing weights for years now and i find it varies, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t. i guess it’s down to the load of work your doing. if it’s more intense/ new, you’re likely to be using more/ new muscles, once your body adapts, it’ll reduce (or so ive found) but once i get to this place, i tend to progress and up the anti with my workouts so then the cycle starts again for me :)

It can last for up to six weeks usualily, when you start or increase new exercise.

Mine usually lasts a bit longer but I know that I really struggle with water retention.

Reactions: 4
Thanks both. It’s just a bit demoralising to think you’re exercising more but the scales go up rather than down! Good to hear your experiences.

Thanks both. It’s just a bit demoralising to think you’re exercising more but the scales go up rather than down! Good to hear your experiences.
Thats why youshould use different ways of registering your BMI, measurements, how your clothes fit etc, all can show progress when the scales don't

Heh heh.

This morning's weigh in was - notable.

Since overdoing it at the gym (my shoulder still hurts - a lot), a week of work, TOTM and my already generally sloth like body deciding to go on strike so the top of my belly sounds like a drum whilst the lower half feels like there's half a ton of building trouble and scrap iron clanking around in there, I've put on weight this week; 1kg of muscle (allegedly) and 1kg due to other causes. I've not put weight on at all for months and there's no way it's 2 kilos of fat when I've been more active this week than I have been for over a month.

Mr D has helpfully suggested we try a week without bread/pasta/wheat to see whether I feel any different. Suits me, I prefer potatoes or rice anyhow and I was becoming vaguely aware that everything going on strike plus nausea tends to coincide with lots of bread and pasta on the menu. Finding out I couldn't do lactose definitely changed things for the better. Perhaps it is just another facet of my immune system being a complete and utter knobwit to me?

Heh heh.

Since overdoing it at the gym (my shoulder still hurts - a lot), a week of work, TOTM and my already generally sloth like body deciding to go on strike so the top of my belly sounds like a drum whilst the lower half feels like there's half a ton of building trouble and scrap iron clanking around in there, I've put on weight this week; 1kg of muscle (allegedly) and 1kg due to other causes. I've not put weight on at all for months and there's no way it's 2 kilos of fat when I've been more active this week than I have been for over a month.

Mr D has helpfully suggested we try a week without bread/pasta/wheat to see whether I feel any different. Suits me, I prefer potatoes or rice anyhow and I was becoming vaguely aware that everything going on strike plus nausea tends to coincide with lots of bread and pasta on the menu. Finding out I couldn't do lactose definitely changed things for the better. Perhaps it is just another facet of my immune system being a complete and utter knobwit to me?
I know a lot of people don’t agree with cutting carbs right down or only having certain ones but have been a bit of an arm chair researcher and experimenter on this topic for many years and I can honestly say it makes a difference for me. I keep fit & strong, have a high muscle mass but my weight abs dress size just does not shift whilst I am eating them consistently and I honestly feel better without having them in volume .I know all the rebuttles and “it’s all calories” retorts but I can honestly say in my experience I do better with it them. My face & stomach just retain to much if I make them a regular thing.

Heh heh.

It will 100% be water from increasing your activity! Did you see my post above? When you start or increase exercise your body holds on to more water for up to six weeks. Especially if you are doing weights. There is lots of science to back this up - there is an excellent thread on reddit that explains the science better than I can, if you Google psa exercise reddit.

Women don't build muscle quickly, it's really unlikely that you've gained 1kg of muscle in a short time (sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear!)

I just sat and ate 3 bell peppers like apples because I’m trying to stop myself going to the shop and buying chocolate. Next up will be beetroot if the cravings come back again. I only have 150 calories left for the day because I drank 300 of my calories earlier 🤦🏼‍♀️

hi everyone just wondering has anyone tried saxenda/the skinny jab?
Theres a thread on here.

Theres a thread on here.

just found it after i posted this thank you for linking :)

I've been kept awake the past few nights by terrible restless legs (presumably because of the HIIT workouts I started last week). I already take all the recommended vitamins so I did some desperate googling and found a tip to put a bar of soap (??) under your bottom sheet near your feet. It's not completely cured it but I somehow had the best sleep I've had all week. 😆 #randomtipoftheday

• Wow
  • Haha
I've been kept awake the past few nights by terrible restless legs (presumably because of the HIIT workouts I started last week). I already take all the recommended vitamins so I did some desperate googling and found a tip to put a bar of soap (??) under your bottom sheet near your feet. It's not completely cured it but I somehow had the best sleep I've had all week. 😆 #randomtipoftheday
Magnesium! My son had terrible growing pains (not the same thing I know) and I looked into it and got him some multivits with magnesium and he's never suffered since.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.