Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! I'm new to posting in this thread but have been following it for ages, hope you don't mind me joining in! I was always at a healthy weight in my 20s and early 30s, but then when I was 36 I went on anti-depressants for about eight months. I went up ten kilos during that time and have struggled to shift it ever since. I'm 46 now and really want to get back to a healthy BMI as I know it's only going to get harder as I get older and cause more health issues. But I keep losing a bit of weight then gaining it back, I just can't seem to stay on track and it's so frustrating!

When I started in January I wrote up a list of meals I enjoy that are in the 300-400 calorie range. That means I don't have to think about my calorie allowance unless I want to add something new in. It's REALLY helped with the anxiety/obsessive overthinking that can come with controlling your intake.
I really love this idea! Do you mind sharing some of the meals that you included on you list?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I really love this idea! Do you mind sharing some of the meals that you included on you list?
I live alone and am a veggie so my meals are probably simpler than most! A few of my regulars:

- Jacket potato w/cottage cheese and veg
- Stir fry with pesto and handful of pasta
- Stir fry and small portion of rice (Veetee rice pots are around 200 cals)
- Pasta with spinach stirred in to bulk it out
- Eggs whites and ANYTHING. Currently enjoying tipping half a pack of olives and feta in the mix. Usually have with a bagel thin and salsa.
- Crustless quiche (egg whites, veg and cottage cheese baked for 30-35 minutes).
- Whole eggs on toast
- Quorn Cottage pie (or similar) with veg
- Soup and bagel thin or M&S 77 calorie rolls
- Veggie chilli
- New potatoes with salad
- Veggie sausages with mash and veg (Linda McCartney Red Onion & Rosemary sausages are only 50 cals each)
- 'Meaty' veg like portobello mushrooms and aubergine can be cooked lots of different ways and are very filling

The key for me is that I LIKE everything above. Don't put anything on your list that you don't enjoy. 😊

• Heart
I live alone and am a veggie so my meals are probably simpler than most! A few of my regulars:

- Jacket potato w/cottage cheese and veg
- Stir fry with pesto and handful of pasta
- Stir fry and small portion of rice (Veetee rice pots are around 200 cals)
- Pasta with spinach stirred in to bulk it out
- Eggs whites and ANYTHING. Currently enjoying tipping half a pack of olives and feta in the mix. Usually have with a bagel thin and salsa.
- Crustless quiche (egg whites, veg and cottage cheese baked for 30-35 minutes).
- Whole eggs on toast
- Quorn Cottage pie (or similar) with veg
- Soup and bagel thin or M&S 77 calorie rolls
- Veggie chilli
- New potatoes with salad
- Veggie sausages with mash and veg (Linda McCartney Red Onion & Rosemary sausages are only 50 cals each)
- 'Meaty' veg like portobello mushrooms and aubergine can be cooked lots of different ways and are very filling

The key for me is that I LIKE everything above. Don't put anything on your list that you don't enjoy. 😊
Thank you so much!! I also live alone and am veggie so these are perfect for me too, I like the sound of everything on this list :D

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When I started in January I wrote up a list of meals I enjoy that are in the 300-400 calorie range. That means I don't have to think about my calorie allowance unless I want to add something new in. It's REALLY helped with the anxiety/obsessive overthinking that can come with controlling your intake.

When I get frustrated or bored of it, I remind myself it's only temporary and I can add in more calories/variety when I'm at goal. Good luck!
Cracking idea. It's amazing how many meals you can come up with that are pretty low cal. Sheet Pan Gnocchi is quick, cheap and adaptable.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
As it was a weirdly empty GP surgery this morning at oh my God this is supposed to be my holiday and I'm still up at this unholy hour o'clock, Nurse Vlad also did the weighing, measuring and blood pressure stuff. She wasn't the one who pissed me off last time.

Current update: Blood pressure 115/79, taken as soon as I sat down and after I'd had a fag on the way down the road. And I have a feeling that she wasn't used to taking BP from people with biceps quite so - erm - developed.
Weight loss since last July (assuming I didn't put on weight in the following five months, which was likely) but actually since the end of May when I started tracking it with the fancy scales: 7.5kg.

Much Brownie points given by Nurse Vlad.

Just got to wait for the appointment with Nurse Doomsayer at the end of the month now. I will be really pissed off if the bloods are worse than last year. And if she starts on the cakes and pies spiel again, I might just have to point out that it's perfectly possible to be fat on healthy food if you eat too much of it.

Stopped off back home for a much needed coffee to find Mr D bleating about how tired he was and how much he ached from yesterday's gym session. I gave him a homeopathic dose of sympathy as he'd sacked the gym off for all but two days in the last fortnight and helpfully pointed out that exercising tomorrow will increase blood flow to the sore areas' microtears and increase the rate of healing. He's provided a very nice chicken and potato curry, no dairy, bugger all in the way of fat and spiced rice for dinner, so he's forgiven. In any case, I really enjoyed my cream cheese and smoked salmon toasted bagels with lemon juice this morning.

Got to go into work next week. I'm really not in the mood for it, but I've got to do 5 days before I start the new job and the grief I'm already going to get from not being there the very last week before the beginning of term due to multiple hospital appointments isn't worth my trying to wangle it off. I'm refusing to check my work email as I'm unpaid right now and it just annoys me to have the increasing histrionic emails from one person who is not, has never been and never will be my manager, along with a selection of others - if it were that important, the boss can authorise them to call my mobile, but they haven't, so tough.

Will have to preplan some fairly healthy food for the week, though. I've had three weeks at home and it can be quite irritating to be stuck with getting back up just after 5am after that luxury.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Half a pound loss this week which considering what I ate last weekend I thought I was definitely going to gain.

Doing some baking with my toddler today so aim is not to eat it all 😬 Also a kids party tomorrow with pizza and cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've been trying to make some small changes to generally improve my health and lose weight - the first of which being upping my water intake to around 2.5 to 3 litres a day. Huge fail 😅 I've ended up monstrously bloated and gained a kilo in two days! Apparently, regardless of what so-called fitness influencers tell you, there's a limit to how much water you should drink in a day. Oh well, lesson learned!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
@PollyPerks I recently upped my water intake by 1.5 litres. Was in the toilet every 5 minutes and felt like I was getting thrush 🤣 Have calmed down a bit but now understand why my body is rubbish at remembering to drink water!

@smellsofbiscuits It's so unfair isn't it? We try to do these healthy things and our bodies rebel! Why does it have to be so damn difficult to get healthy? Makes me want to just say stuff it, I'll drink wine instead then! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've been trying to make some small changes to generally improve my health and lose weight - the first of which being upping my water intake to around 2.5 to 3 litres a day. Huge fail 😅 I've ended up monstrously bloated and gained a kilo in two days! Apparently, regardless of what so-called fitness influencers tell you, there's a limit to how much water you should drink in a day. Oh well, lesson learned!
It will settle down once you're drinking enough regularly

Reactions: 2
Week 32: -0.75lb. I’ve done A LOT of walking, including lots of hills this week in training for a potential mountain walk in a few weeks so I’m hoping the small loss is a consequence of that. Either way, it’s moving in the right direction!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That's good to know! I think I probably was too ambitious and increased too quickly, I'll try to aim for 1.5 to 2 litres a day and see how I get on from there.
2 litres is plenty unless you are exercising strenuously and replacing lost fluids.

I did Parkrun today, they've changed the route which means that you can see the finish line about a km away from it, a little tear popped out of my eye when I saw that, the old finish line was bad enough but this is about 300m further and up a bleeping slope, bastards. Need to get back to my running as I'm basically eating the same if not more and exercising less.

2 oz on this week. I’ll take that as a maintain 🤷🏼‍♀️
100g off here. Keeping it as a loss, especially I went a bit too hard at the gym yesterday (had some news that made me feel a bit crappy just as I got there - couldn't be helped) but I threw myself into it a little bit more than I meant to did PBs by about 5-10kg on every single machine I touched - and had to stop and go home before I puked.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There was 'nothing in the house to eat' today, apparently. So I went upon an expedition to the kitchen.

Pork (or beef, somebody doesn't seem to believe in labelling things in the freezer) strips, onion, ginger, garlic, baby corn, tomatoes, courgette, plum sauce, maybe a bit of gochujang, some pickled red jalapenos and steamed rice. If I'm hungry later, some white miso soup with peas, couple of cherry tomatoes, seaweed and sesame seeds should do.

• Heart
Small win today. Was at a toddlers party today and some of the photos I’ve seen, I don’t completely hate the way I look.

• Heart
Just want to say I am still here guys 👋🏻 I am lurking and liking, but off work on a long weekend so having a diet break too (as well as managing my knee which needs a break from running). Well done on progress 👏🏻

Small win today. Was at a toddlers party today and some of the photos I’ve seen, I don’t completely hate the way I look.
This is a huge win! I’m still not used to breathing a sigh of relief every time I see myself in a photo these days 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.