Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really down today. I’m looking in the mirror and on the scales and I am just so unhappy. I’ve been doing this since January. In 6 months I’ve lost 5lbs :( I can’t figure out why I’m doing this so wrong. My clothes size hasn’t really changed. I’m lifting weights, I’m cutting calories and I still look huge. I feel my muscles aching but the fat just isn’t going :(
The only other option I see is cutting to 1200 and not exercising at all as that’s what worked for me years ago. It’s like my body is against me!

going to have a good cry about it and hopefully find the motivation to carry on tomorrow :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m really down today. I’m looking in the mirror and on the scales and I am just so unhappy. I’ve been doing this since January. In 6 months I’ve lost 5lbs :( I can’t figure out why I’m doing this so wrong. My clothes size hasn’t really changed. I’m lifting weights, I’m cutting calories and I still look huge. I feel my muscles aching but the fat just isn’t going :(
The only other option I see is cutting to 1200 and not exercising at all as that’s what worked for me years ago. It’s like my body is against me!

going to have a good cry about it and hopefully find the motivation to carry on tomorrow :(
Sorry to hear you are feeling this low, it’s hard when you don’t see results from honest good effort put in. Have you had a break from lifting at all? I would suggest pairing exercise back for a week or two and doing more walking instead as well as concentrating on eating well but not as low as 1200. Try and get a good night’s sleep and stress less if you can, this should also help with seeing some results. Sending hugs xx

Reactions: 2

No, just no, go on BBC iplayer and watch the Athletics. See those women, all different shapes, competing at the top of their game and aiming for the Olympics. Your body is an instrument, being fit and strong is far better than being a skinny, weakling.

Sven I’m so sorry about this ☹ How frustrating.

Can you outline what you’re doing now to see if anything jumps out for someone reading as something to change? How tall are you, and how far from your target weight are you? (Don’t have to answer any of the above if you don’t want to 😘).

Reactions: 5
Sorry to hear you are feeling this low, it’s hard when you don’t see results from honest good effort put in. Have you had a break from lifting at all? I would suggest pairing exercise back for a week or two and doing more walking instead as well as concentrating on eating well but not as low as 1200. Try and get a good night’s sleep and stress less if you can, this should also help with seeing some results. Sending hugs xx
I’ve had a terrible few nights with my daughter (she’s not feeling well) so I’m probably just tired and it’s getting to me. I’ve been enjoying exercise so much that I’ve been doing something (weights, walking/running, or yoga when I don’t feel like heavy stuff) most nights a week. It really makes me feel so much better mentally because I am just so in demand all the time (3 year old, work, home, husband) and taking that 20-30 mins for me just gives me a little bit of space although sometimes she’s climbing over me while I do it. I don’t know if maybe because I’ve had my daughter and I’m 33 this year that I’m just meant to look like this which is such a depressing thought. I can’t put much more effort in without totally depleting myself so I feel very defeated.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve had a terrible few nights with my daughter (she’s not feeling well) so I’m probably just tired and it’s getting to me. I’ve been enjoying exercise so much that I’ve been doing something (weights, walking/running, or yoga when I don’t feel like heavy stuff) most nights a week. It really makes me feel so much better mentally because I am just so in demand all the time (3 year old, work, home, husband) and taking that 20-30 mins for me just gives me a little bit of space although sometimes she’s climbing over me while I do it. I don’t know if maybe because I’ve had my daughter and I’m 33 this year that I’m just meant to look like this which is such a depressing thought. I can’t put much more effort in without totally depleting myself so I feel very defeated.
I bet you look fab. I've had to accept that at 52, I'm never going to have the body I had in my 20's (which was fab) it takes a while to accept that and now I strive for the best shape I can be in. It doesn't help when we are bombarded with pictures of women like JLo that appear perfect but most of us don't have the time or the money to dedicate atleast 3 hours out of our day to our looks and bodies, nor do we have the airbrushing and photoshopping. Aim for strong and healthy.

Reactions: 3
Im eating 1500 a day. Usually sultana bran in morning. Small lunch usually a sandwich, salad, veggie pasta or rice ~300 cals. Snack of nuts and dried fruits. Dinner usually something like chicken wrap, stir fry, bolognese. apple with cinnamon or yoghurt if I’m still hungry. All weighed out and counted. I tried to eat 1800 on Friday and I felt like it was too much food. I don’t know.

exercise I’m doing strength usually 20-30 mins a day, or a walk/run, or some yoga if I don’t feel like it. I do have a Day where I do no exercise. I am getting quite good at it now and my balance is good.
I’m nearly 33, I’m size 16, 13 stone 2.4 as of last week. I would love to get to 11 stone but that honestly seems like an impossibility. I’d be happy going down to 12. I can’t seem to get out of 13 at all.
I used to be 11 stone but that was before my wedding and having my daughter.

oh and I discovered I’m 5’6 after thinking I was 5’7 for my entire adult life !

• Heart

Oh @Sven I'm so sorry to read this. It seems like you are doing everything right. Maybe it's time to give your doctor a call and see if there's an underlying issue? My friend has an underactive thyroid and until that was fixed she struggled to lose any weight.

Reactions: 6
Im eating 1500 a day. Usually sultana bran in morning. Small lunch usually a sandwich, salad, veggie pasta or rice ~300 cals. Snack of nuts and dried fruits. Dinner usually something like chicken wrap, stir fry, bolognese. apple with cinnamon or yoghurt if I’m still hungry. All weighed out and counted. I tried to eat 1800 on Friday and I felt like it was too much food. I don’t know.

exercise I’m doing strength usually 20-30 mins a day, or a walk/run, or some yoga if I don’t feel like it. I do have a Day where I do no exercise. I am getting quite good at it now and my balance is good.
I’m nearly 33, I’m size 16, 13 stone 2.4 as of last week. I would love to get to 11 stone but that honestly seems like an impossibility. I’d be happy going down to 12. I can’t seem to get out of 13 at all.
I used to be 11 stone but that was before my wedding and having my daughter.

oh and I discovered I’m 5’6 after thinking I was 5’7 for my entire adult life !
Everything you're doing is great, stick with it and the weight loss will happen, meanwhile you're getting fitter and eating healthier, try to focus on those positives. The exercise while your child is in the room is setting a good example to your daughter. Reducing your calories further would not be good for you and it wouldn't be a good lesson for your daughter either, starving yourself is not healthy.

ETA just seen @Lau123 post and she is right about getting your thyroid checked. Write everything down that you've been doing and eating so that when you visit the GP they can't fob you off

How long have you been weight training @Sven? I know that when I started my weight actually went up for weeks. (it is a real thing, when you start new or increase exercise your body holds on to more water. I will never understand the science but there is an excellent post on reddit about it if you Google PSA exercise).

Reactions: 1
Oh @Sven I'm so sorry to read this. It seems like you are doing everything right. Maybe it's time to give your doctor a call and see if there's an underlying issue? My friend has an underactive thyroid and until that was fixed she struggled to lose any weight.
Seconding this. Even losing at a slower pace, 5 lbs in 6 months doesn't sound right for the figures you've shared.

How long have you been weight training @Sven? I know that when I started my weight actually went up for weeks. (it is a real thing, when you start new or increase exercise your body holds on to more water. I will never understand the science but there is an excellent post on reddit about it if you Google PSA exercise).
I first started in April so I feel like it should have sorted itself by now :(

@Sven, i wonder if you actually under-eating a little. I am the same height and 11 stone and eat about the same calories and even more most days and losing weight slowly (would like to lose another 2-3kg to my happy weight). With your busy schedule, young child to look after, and exercising you may be putting a little too much stress on your body and it’s causing you to hold onto fat. If you are weight lifting regularly, you may want to up your protein with every meal a little too. Checking your thyroid is a vet good suggestion as well. Xx

Last edited:
I had my bloods done in may and they said they came back all fine so I am really confused. It’s not like I’m having massive blowouts for a week or whatever, I might have a takeaway at a weekend but get back to it straight away after and still stay active on that day. It shouldn’t put me off by that much should it? I’m not sure what is happening really. It’s so hard.

I had my bloods done in may and they said they came back all fine so I am really confused. It’s not like I’m having massive blowouts for a week or whatever, I might have a takeaway at a weekend but get back to it straight away after and still stay active on that day. It shouldn’t put me off by that much should it? I’m not sure what is happening really. It’s so hard.
Thyroid tests are a really blunt instrument. My sisters tests were 'normal' but eventually she was diagnosed with hashimotos. Different countries use dfferent parpameters for what is normal or not, it's not an exact science. Check your results and see how close you are to the boundaries

Thyroid tests are a really blunt instrument. My sisters tests were 'normal' but eventually she was diagnosed with hashimotos. Different countries use dfferent parpameters for what is normal or not, it's not an exact science. Check your results and see how close you are to the boundaries
I didn’t get any exact numbers from them, they just text to say it was in normal range. Maybe I should ask again, I don’t know.

I first started in April so I feel like it should have sorted itself by now :(
Mine stuck around for 12 weeks when I started my last programme, so don't rule that out completely, especially If your muscles are sore.

As @usandthem says is it possible you are under eating? I was losing on 1200 until one day I wasn't anymore and I upped my calories to 1400 and then 1600 and lost more than I ever did on 1200. I'm about your height and was your starting weight too. Have you checked your TDEE?

Mine stuck around for 12 weeks when I started my last programme, so don't rule that out completely, especially If your muscles are sore.

As @usandthem says is it possible you are under eating? I was losing on 1200 until one day I wasn't anymore and I upped my calories to 1400 and then 1600 and lost more than I ever did on 1200. I'm about your height and was your starting weight too. Have you checked your TDEE?
It’s still the same because I’ve not lost anything so maintenance is around 2000 so I was eating 1500 to lose. Except nothing happened haha.

Ah @Sven you sound so disciplined about everything, I'm rubbish at that. Are you on any meds that can cause weight gain, or make it hard to lose weight? You can Google that. 😘

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.