Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've hit 10k steps two days in a row now and I'd love to keep it up! I also miss the gym but we're only on one income right now so can't afford it 😔

I also changed my calories to 1500 on MFP and this is working out a lot better for me! I still would like to sort my carb/protein issue out though.

Have a good day everyone!

Reactions: 11
But are you losing weight and inches?
I don’t track CC properly due to previous eating disorder but have a general understanding of roughly how much I’m consuming daily. But I know I must be doing something right because the weight is going down (slower then I want but anyway, 0.2-0.3 kg a week, and I’m losing inches, so I’ll take that). If I’ve done kettlebells/ weights I tend to get really hungry on day 2 after a session. Same if I’ve ended up eating modestly for a few days. I used to worry about my hunger, but now I just try and eat to satisfy it for a day, rarely two days. It’s just my body telling me it needs more food, whether it is because muscle has been broken and needs repairing or I’ve been under-eating without realising. I try to eat nutritious food, up the protein, but don’t beat myself up if dessert or crisps sneak their way in. And then get back in it. I don’t think our bodies are designed to need the exact same quantity of food day in day out and it’s normal to experience fluctuation in hunger. I use my Apple Watch as a guide but take the data with a pinch of salt.
I’m definitely changing shape but def not losing weight. In fact I weighed myself this morning and it was +1lb. I can feel and see muscles in my arms and my thighs. Except I still have my awful baby overhang and bingo wings are still there. I don’t really know what to think anymore! I’m so confused!

Reactions: 2
I’m definitely changing shape but def not losing weight. In fact I weighed myself this morning and it was +1lb. I can feel and see muscles in my arms and my thighs. Except I still have my awful baby overhang and bingo wings are still there. I don’t really know what to think anymore! I’m so confused!
How often do you weight train? I wouldn’t do it more than 2-3 times a week with at least a day or two between to allow for muscle recovery and growth. Rest days are just as important with weight training. In those days i do some walking/ yoga/ light bike ride on my exercise bike. Your slight gain could be down to water retention due to your muscles recovering.

Reactions: 3
To anyone on here who’s dieting or eating in a deficit? Do you take diet breaks? Cos if not that’s what I would certainly recommend doing. Realistically no one should be in a deficit for more than maybe 12-16 weeks without having a break. Especially if you’re finding your weight loss is levelling off.

Try eating at maintenance for 2 weeks before dropping into a deficit again & hopefully you should see things pick up again.

How often do you weight train? I wouldn’t do it more than 2-3 times a week with at least a day or two between to allow for muscle recovery and growth. Rest days are just as important with weight training. In those days i do some walking/ yoga/ light bike ride on my exercise bike. Your slight gain could be down to water retention due to your muscles recovering.
there’s nothing wrong with training more than 2/3 times a week, don’t forget the majority of us workout for mahbe 1-2 hours a day, there’s a whole other 22 hours of the day we are then resting. Also there are workout splits which mean you’re not training the same muscle group twice for example, you rest quads whilst you train biceps/chest etc. You don’t need to limit or cut down training days if you can manage more :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve fallen off the wagon in spectacular style. Too scared to weigh myself but based on my last weigh in I would imagine I’m up between 5 and 7lbs now. Having a really bad time at the moment, think I might actually be depressed and have turned to food and not exercised for weeks. I just can’t seem to get myself back into gear. I’ve definitely not worked on my issues with food enough in that I go straight back to it. Keep trying every single day but end up bingeing again. Will just keep trying. Only sharing because I’ve always thought this thread shouldn’t only be when we’re doing well, think it’s helpful to see that weight loss is a battle. I will say that I’m fortunate that I am a healthy weight and just want to get it down further to feel a bit better but even still a few lbs on does make you feel pretty crap!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I was talking specifically re weight training, but yes if you split your training into muscle groups, then 3/4 times a week is ok. I tend to do full body 30 min sessions. Then I add yoga/walking/swimming/bike on top.

Reactions: 3
Hi guys! I haven't been on this thread for a while as tbh I am struggling big time to lose weight. After trying myself to calorie count and walk I'm currently on a 10 week challenge in hope the accountability might help me stay focused an they put my cals at 1250 (ridiculously low an I do try an go over it by 100 cals most days as in my view 1250 is not sustainable for a lifestyle change!) I walk about 10K a day, sometimes a bit less sometimes a bit more. I may lose weight for a few weeks (no more than 2lb a week) an then it just platueas and I'm back at square one. Just finding it really tough and I know the scales aren't the be all an end up but I'd love to see the numbers move a bit! Not even sure what the point of this post is tbh, just needed to vent I think lol. You are all doing so well, I'm quite envious lol well done everyone xx

• Heart
  • Sad
To anyone on here who’s dieting or eating in a deficit? Do you take diet breaks? Cos if not that’s what I would certainly recommend doing. Realistically no one should be in a deficit for more than maybe 12-16 weeks without having a break. Especially if you’re finding your weight loss is levelling off.

Try eating at maintenance for 2 weeks before dropping into a deficit again & hopefully you should see things pick up again.

there’s nothing wrong with training more than 2/3 times a week, don’t forget the majority of us workout for mahbe 1-2 hours a day, there’s a whole other 22 hours of the day we are then resting. Also there are workout splits which mean you’re not training the same muscle group twice for example, you rest quads whilst you train biceps/chest etc. You don’t need to limit or cut down training days if you can manage more :)
@usandthem
I usually do 4-5 weight sessions a week which are 20-30 mins a day but alternate between lower body and upper. I may just go for a walk one of those days instead as well depending on what I fancy. Because I only do 30 mins (hard to find more time because I have a small child) is that ok? I don’t even know anymore haha. I may try picking up my calories to 1800 for a week maybe and then seeing what happens. Although I do allow myself a treat meal at the weekend (it’s not always massively bad food though - may just be a roast or a sandwich with proper bread etc).

@usandthem
I usually do 4-5 weight sessions a week which are 20-30 mins a day but alternate between lower body and upper. I may just go for a walk one of those days instead as well depending on what I fancy. Because I only do 30 mins (hard to find more time because I have a small child) is that ok? I don’t even know anymore haha. I may try picking up my calories to 1800 for a week maybe and then seeing what happens. Although I do allow myself a treat meal at the weekend (it’s not always massively bad food though - may just be a roast or a sandwich with proper bread etc).
to be honest whatever exercise you can do is always OK! The best workout is the one you can do consistently so whatever works for you. :)

create the smallest deficit you can! Even if it’s just 100 calorie deficit you will still lose weight but it might be easier to adhere to in the long run :)

Reactions: 5
@Sven, sounds like you are doing really well. Like you I have no time for longer workouts. If you can try and add a bit more walking in between your workouts as I find this really ramp ups weight loss. Also giving yourself a week of food/workout break is great IMO. I try to not have them at the same time though, I.e not worry about exercise for a week but try and concentrate on good nutrition. The other thing that has really helped my weight loss has been dramatically cutting down on the alcohol. Good luck 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
@Sven, sounds like you are doing really well. Like you I have no time for longer workouts. If you can try and add a bit more walking in between your workouts as I find this really ramp ups weight loss. Also giving yourself a week of food/workout break is great IMO. I try to not have them at the same time though, I.e not worry about exercise for a week but try and concentrate on good nutrition. The other thing that has really helped my weight loss has been dramatically cutting down on the alcohol. Good luck 🤞
I sort of wish I drank because it gives such good results when you stop but I just don’t really drink alcohol unless it’s a special occasion haha!
I’m going to try and eat a bit more this week. I quite like having my exercise most days - it does wonders for my mental health and I LOVE being able to play with my daughter and not feel like I’m going to die. I also love that she’s seeing me exercise as well. My mum never did and always said how rubbish she was at it etc and I grew up with a really bad attitude towards it. I wish I’d been more sporty when younger!

• Heart
Same here, to be honest I will be doing exercise even if it did not result in any weight loss. The mental and physical benefits for me are so important. Mum never did any and i would love for my daughter to know how good it is as part of daily routine. My hubby has recently taken up jogging after some worrying blood pressure tests after never exercising and this gave us another opportunity to talk about the benefits of regular exercise as a family.

Some interesting posts to read through this morning, keep going everyone 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Today I completed week three of C25k. Quite apprehensive about Week 4 as I’ll go from 9 to 18 minutes of running which seems a huge jump in two days 😂 I’m determined to keep moving though. Trying to trust the process.. anyone already done this and got any advice for managing the step up?

• Heart

That’s really interesting, I’ve been CC since late January and have lost 12 lbs. I only want to lose another 7-10 lbs (I’m 5ft6 and 11st6) I have been really consistent with my exercise but going slightly over calories at the weekends. I’m wondering whether eating at maintenance for 1-2 weeks will maybe help kickstart this again as I’ve been maintaining this weight for about a month now

Reactions: 7
Today I completed week three of C25k. Quite apprehensive about Week 4 as I’ll go from 9 to 18 minutes of running which seems a huge jump in two days 😂 I’m determined to keep moving though. Trying to trust the process.. anyone already done this and got any advice for managing the step up?
You'll be surprised at how much more you can run than you think! But if it's too much, do not worry or mark it as a 'fail', it just means you need to keep trying it till it starts to feel good. I think one of the best things in C25K is repeating the weeks you're not happy with, because when you do you're elated and that i really did it kicks in!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You'll be surprised at how much more you can run than you think! But if it's too much, do not worry or mark it as a 'fail', it just means you need to keep trying it till it starts to feel good. I think one of the best things in C25K is repeating the weeks you're not happy with, because when you do you're elated and that i really did it kicks in!
You’re so true! The runners high is amazing, I always feel so good once I’ve done it 🙌🏻 Plus 30 mins is no time at all really, I’d spend longer doing a walk. Thank you for your encouragement 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Weight has crept back up again. Calories still very low, I really don’t think I can cut more out without basically starving myself. Felt guilty today for eating an apple….an apple 🤦‍♀️ might start incorporating some cardio as I don’t do much (mostly strength training) it’s been too hot to run outside but looks like weather will be cooler. Maybe even some fast walking will help 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.