Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Outdoor Bootcamp in 23 degree weather. I am DRIPPING. Not been tracking properly for a few weeks now and been eating intuitively. Going to get back to it for the rest of this week knowing next weekend I’ll be having a few days off for my birthday. Last bit of motivation to be looking gooooood in pictures.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Outdoor Bootcamp in 23 degree weather. I am DRIPPING. Not been tracking properly for a few weeks now and been eating intuitively. Going to get back to it for the rest of this week knowing next weekend I’ll be having a few days off for my birthday. Last bit of motivation to be looking gooooood in pictures.
Wow that’s some serious effort, well done 👏🏻 how have you found the intuitive eating? I had the weekend off and it appears my intuition told me to eat multiple share bags of crisps 😳🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wow that’s some serious effort, well done 👏🏻 how have you found the intuitive eating? I had the weekend off and it appears my intuition told me to eat multiple share bags of crisps 😳🤦🏻‍♀️
Thank you - I’m absolutely dead 😂😂 I’ve had good days and bad days doing it. Don’t think I’m consistent enough to do it properly rather than counting, I need the structure. I have some days I eat hardly anything, some days that are ok and some like yesterday where I eat a full tub of Ben & Jerry’s in a sitting😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
MFP always suggested 1200 to me as well… and then I’d try snd play a game to try and get under it 😖

Im not doing it anymore and I’m not particularly calorie counting (obviously I’m aware of high calorie things etc) but I’m trying to step away from the ‘diet culture’. At the moment I’m just buying healthier foods, cutting out white breads/pasta and taking veggies and hummus for lunch in work, with natural yoghurt and berries.

I watched that BBC programme called ‘what are we feeding our kids’ about eating processed foods and it really affected me 🤣
I decided to focus on the waste I was generating rather than calories, I just don't have the patience for CC and it feels more positive thinking about reducing landfill. It has worked for me but I have to be disciplined as a packet of biscuits has barely any packaging :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Did my highest step count so far today - 9,310. And met Mr D at the gym; did 10mins on the recumbent and then after abductor/adductor and I regained the feeling in my legs, the rest of the time was spent on arms and shoulders. Limped home, mumbling about the uneven pavements with every other step.

Got a half day off for physio tomorrow. Not entirely certain how I'm going to explain that I'm still in pain, but I've stepped it up so much in just a month. Hoping that I won't be discharged, as I've still got the same problems, I've just got a bit more muscle on top of them.

Dinner was another version of the meat & leaves with a bonus of some new potatoes. I think I'm going to go to bed early, though, as I only got 5 hours' disturbed sleep last night and I'm flagging.

Reactions: 7
Did my highest step count so far today - 9,310. And met Mr D at the gym; did 10mins on the recumbent and then after abductor/adductor and I regained the feeling in my legs, the rest of the time was spent on arms and shoulders. Limped home, mumbling about the uneven pavements with every other step.

Got a half day off for physio tomorrow. Not entirely certain how I'm going to explain that I'm still in pain, but I've stepped it up so much in just a month. Hoping that I won't be discharged, as I've still got the same problems, I've just got a bit more muscle on top of them.

Dinner was another version of the meat & leaves with a bonus of some new potatoes. I think I'm going to go to bed early, though, as I only got 5 hours' disturbed sleep last night and I'm flagging.
I am walking like John Wayne today after doing sumo squats.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Going away on Friday so certainly won't be counting any calories Fri-Sun.

Early weigh in on Friday morning or just wait for next Sat? 🤔

Early weigh in on Friday morning or just wait for next Sat? 🤔
Definitely Friday, then don’t weight until next week (if you can help it) to give yourself time to get rid of any water weight. I had a weekend off and I am still 3lbs up, i know it happens but it’s still demotivating.. I shouldn’t have weighed myself really 🤦🏻‍♀️

Wish I could just stop feeling hungry. The past couple of days I am STRUGGLING to keep to my 1500 cals.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Wish I could just stop feeling hungry. The past couple of days I am STRUGGLING to keep to my 1500 cals.

When I've had that, I've assumed that my body is trying to tell me something other than chippy chips are the best and added in some extra protein/fat in the next couple of meals - after all, if you suffer for days and then give in and go completely overboard, it's going to stall your progress more - with an extra side helping of guilt and self loathing.

Is there something in particular, a flavour, for example, that you're craving? Could you be dehydrated and need both more water and a little bit more salt? Is it that you are actually doing significantly more than 2000 kcals of merely existing a day? What is your body telling you that you need?

My friend said she's starting to notice that I've lost weight 🥰

I got collared by somebody this morning to tell me exactly that. It's nice to hear it.

Oh, and I got much praise from the physio, so much so, she's keeping me on the books to see if anything else crops up over the next couple of months of exercise, so I'll see her again in July.

When I've had that, I've assumed that my body is trying to tell me something other than chippy chips are the best and added in some extra protein/fat in the next couple of meals - after all, if you suffer for days and then give in and go completely overboard, it's going to stall your progress more - with an extra side helping of guilt and self loathing.

Is there something in particular, a flavour, for example, that you're craving? Could you be dehydrated and need both more water and a little bit more salt? Is it that you are actually doing significantly more than 2000 kcals of merely existing a day? What is your body telling you that you need?

I got collared by somebody this morning to tell me exactly that. It's nice to hear it.

Oh, and I got much praise from the physio, so much so, she's keeping me on the books to see if anything else crops up over the next couple of months of exercise, so I'll see her again in July.
I can’t think of anything in particular that I’m craving. I just feel hungry! I def need to eat more fruit but that probably won’t solve the problem haha. I do need to drink more in this heat, sometimes I just forget. I doubt I’m doing more than 2000kcal a day - I’m doing 30 mins exercise (walking and weights) for 6 days a week (I usually let myself have a day off here or there but I’m never literally sitting down for an entire day as have a 3 year old!). I don’t eat back my calories.
I’m putting on muscle as I can feel and see it. I did think about looking at my TDEE again but I’m not sure it’ll change massively. I’ve not weighed yet (I’ve stayed away from scales for a while as I wasn’t getting any results despite the work) and I don’t know my body fat percentage 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I can’t think of anything in particular that I’m craving. I just feel hungry! I def need to eat more fruit but that probably won’t solve the problem haha. I do need to drink more in this heat, sometimes I just forget. I doubt I’m doing more than 2000kcal a day - I’m doing 30 mins exercise (walking and weights) for 6 days a week (I usually let myself have a day off here or there but I’m never literally sitting down for an entire day as have a 3 year old!). I don’t eat back my calories.
I’m putting on muscle as I can feel and see it. I did think about looking at my TDEE again but I’m not sure it’ll change massively. I’ve not weighed yet (I’ve stayed away from scales for a while as I wasn’t getting any results despite the work) and I don’t know my body fat percentage 🤷‍♀️
If you're not 'eating back your calories' at all, I think that's probably why you're so darn hungry, as your deficit is going to be far greater than is advised - if you were just existing, 1500 could be enough - but you aren't; you're running around after a 3 year old AND exercising AND weight training, which will also increase your need. If you did 200 kcals walking and 200 weight training, for example, you're already lower than 1200, which isn't taking into account the daily running around/cleaning/cooking/playing/park which will burn even more; add to that any increase due to increase muscle mass and your deficit could be far, far too great.

Just try more water and more good food for a couple of days - you'll feel better and it could even give a boost to the strength training.

If you're not 'eating back your calories' at all, I think that's probably why you're so darn hungry, as your deficit is going to be far greater than is advised - if you were just existing, 1500 could be enough - but you aren't; you're running around after a 3 year old AND exercising AND weight training, which will also increase your need. If you did 200 kcals walking and 200 weight training, for example, you're already lower than 1200, which isn't taking into account the daily running around/cleaning/cooking/playing/park which will burn even more; add to that any increase due to increase muscle mass and your deficit could be far, far too great.

Just try more water and more good food for a couple of days - you'll feel better and it could even give a boost to the strength training.
I wear my Apple Watch and it doesn’t seem to think I burn more than 5 or 600 cals a day. That’s my move one so includes exercise and my movement. I thought that watched etc tended to overestimate as well. When I do my strength training (20 mins at least a day as I often do 10 mins walking/exercise getting to and from work and running about the house) it only registers that I’ve burned about 30ish calories. I’m not sure whether that’s the truth or just the watch or whatever. This is all really difficult to figure out! No wonder I’ve struggled all of my life.
while I’m putting on muscle, I’m not sure I’m actually losing fat. I just don’t know what to do!

I started on Monday and I’m praying to god this is the last time I start again! I’m sick of feeling out of breath from doing nothing or not able to get on the floor to play with my nephew, or hating every picture that gets taken of me, or going into shops like Zara and not finding anything that will cover me up!
Starting weight is 15st 5, I’m keeping to 1200 cals a day, trying to drink 2-3l water a day, and go swimming 2-3 times a week 🤞🤞🤞

I wear my Apple Watch and it doesn’t seem to think I burn more than 5 or 600 cals a day. That’s my move one so includes exercise and my movement. I thought that watched etc tended to overestimate as well. When I do my strength training (20 mins at least a day as I often do 10 mins walking/exercise getting to and from work and running about the house) it only registers that I’ve burned about 30ish calories. I’m not sure whether that’s the truth or just the watch or whatever. This is all really difficult to figure out! No wonder I’ve struggled all of my life.
while I’m putting on muscle, I’m not sure I’m actually losing fat. I just don’t know what to do!
But are you losing weight and inches?
I don’t track CC properly due to previous eating disorder but have a general understanding of roughly how much I’m consuming daily. But I know I must be doing something right because the weight is going down (slower then I want but anyway, 0.2-0.3 kg a week, and I’m losing inches, so I’ll take that). If I’ve done kettlebells/ weights I tend to get really hungry on day 2 after a session. Same if I’ve ended up eating modestly for a few days. I used to worry about my hunger, but now I just try and eat to satisfy it for a day, rarely two days. It’s just my body telling me it needs more food, whether it is because muscle has been broken and needs repairing or I’ve been under-eating without realising. I try to eat nutritious food, up the protein, but don’t beat myself up if dessert or crisps sneak their way in. And then get back in it. I don’t think our bodies are designed to need the exact same quantity of food day in day out and it’s normal to experience fluctuation in hunger. I use my Apple Watch as a guide but take the data with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
I started on Monday and I’m praying to god this is the last time I start again! I’m sick of feeling out of breath from doing nothing or not able to get on the floor to play with my nephew, or hating every picture that gets taken of me, or going into shops like Zara and not finding anything that will cover me up!
Starting weight is 15st 5, I’m keeping to 1200 cals a day, trying to drink 2-3l water a day, and go swimming 2-3 times a week 🤞🤞🤞
I think 1200 will be too low, have you worked out your TDEE?

Reactions: 3
I'm SO due a whoosh. I can actually FEEL water sloshing around in me when I walk. C'mon, fat cells! Let it go, let it go... 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.