Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats on your baby! Don’t put too much pressure on yourself as a new mum.

Generally I don’t eat back extra exercise calories as it helps to ensure I’m in a calorie deficit. However if I get loads more on a weekend say if I’ve been on a long walk, I’ll treat myself no problem 😊
Thanks 😊 I think I’ll do the same. I don’t trust that I have actually burnt the cals my Fitbit says I have anyway 😂

Reactions: 2
Hey guys, long time lurker! I was wondering if you guys had any good snack ideas? Also what do you do for dessert? I have to have something sweet after dinner, and I can't just do one square of chocolate.

Hey guys, long time lurker! I was wondering if you guys had any good snack ideas? Also what do you do for dessert? I have to have something sweet after dinner, and I can't just do one square of chocolate.
low fat yogurt is amazing with frozen berries!! i sometimes add like Cheerios or rice krispies for a crunch :)

Reactions: 3
I like a low cal chocolate mouse like the aero ones, or those mini magnums are just over 100 cals and they do the job.

Reactions: 7
Me too! I have fun size Cadbury’s every night, between 50-80 cals per bar. Lotus biscuits are 30 cals, and mcvities hobnob and digestive thins are 30ish too and nice. Fibre one chocolate brownies are amazing if you struggle with fibre intake as well.

Other than something sweet after dinner I try not to snack during the day.

I had a fitness victory today, have been doing the couch to 5k but I decided I'd have an "easy" day at the gym today as I hadn't been in a week and I ended up running without stopping for the my longest ever time. 16 minutes without stopping and did 3k (with walking) in 24mins and 30 secs so I was pretty proud of myself!

----
For low kcal snacks I agree with the aero mousses so good! Also fibre one bars are good although I find them too sweet. Low kcal Hartley's jelly is good too.

Oh I also like the small packets of malteasers, like the ones you get at Halloween. They sell the multipacks in Lidl (and I assume other supermarkets lol).

If it's savoury I really like the ryvita thins, taste pretty cheesy like cheese straws and are pretty low kcal.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
A sure way to eat less in the day is when the oven breaks half way through cooking! Grrrr

• Sad
  • Wow
Oh god I have gone totally off the rails this half term. I’ve had so many days out with my kid and cousins etc that I’ve struggled badly with it. I’ve done tonnes of moving and still done my exercise (except Monday when I got totally pissed at a daytime gathering and then decided that actually lifting dumbbells whilst drunk may NOT be a great idea) so I am praying it won’t come back to bite me on the arse. Back to it properly next week I guess. I find it so much easier when I’m at work!!

I took some "before" progress photos last night after taking inspiration from some folks on these threads, and oh my god 😂 I look like a sack of jelly, I thought I looked ok 😂 I've just got to use it as motivation now, and I can't kid myself on anymore!

I took some "before" progress photos last night after taking inspiration from some folks on these threads, and oh my god 😂 I look like a sack of jelly, I thought I looked ok 😂 I've just got to use it as motivation now, and I can't kid myself on anymore!
We’ve all been there, getting started is the hardest part but you have now. Keep going!

Oh god I have gone totally off the rails this half term. I’ve had so many days out with my kid and cousins etc that I’ve struggled badly with it. I’ve done tonnes of moving and still done my exercise (except Monday when I got totally pissed at a daytime gathering and then decided that actually lifting dumbbells whilst drunk may NOT be a great idea) so I am praying it won’t come back to bite me on the arse. Back to it properly next week I guess. I find it so much easier when I’m at work!!
I went off rails yesterday was pissed off see 12 stone 12 on scales when 3 4 days ago was 12 stone 9.
I went over calories. I went over maintainace calories.
I had curry lunch in weatherspoons1000plus cals also had 4 beers .
I did walk 17k steps yesterday.

Weighed myself this morning still 12 stone 12.
Aim today take dog walk.
Pop to local shops so ensure I do 10k steps
Drink more water and try do 1 home workout
Eat healthy and within cals
Clean and declutter the house.
Thats all I can do really feeling totally fed up.
Uppped activity this week and scales still showing higher number feel stuck.

• Heart
Uppped activity this week and scales still showing higher number feel stuck.
I know exactly how you feel ☹ It’s so frustrating isn’t it. I feel really good within myself but the tape measure and the scales don’t match up.. it’s hard to not feel downhearted but I am trying to trust the process 🤞🏻

A piece of fruit with some nuts, Proper popcorn, couple of oatcakes with peanut butter on top, cracker with cottage cheese is what I try to snack on.

Always have to have something sweet after dinner and find if I eat dark chocolate I am satisfied with a piece or two unlike milk chocolate. Avoid buying sharing packs of anything because they are difficult to not overeat on. Always have After Eights in the cupboard- they are only 30-40 kcal each. And currently loving Solero ice lollies as they are 90-100 kcal a lolly.

Reactions: 1
I had a day off calorie counting yesterday as took the kids out for the day. Didn’t overeat but didn’t eat anything healthy 😅🙈 although my chips from McDonald’s were practically raw so saved some calories when they went in the bin 🙄

Back on it today tho. Already been out for a 45 min walk to get some steps in.

Reactions: 4
I’m dreading the scales on Friday but need to do it to be accountable. Haven’t gone mental this week but had a couple of bbqs over the weekend and a work lunch yesterday. It’s not insane numbers, and it’s important to be able to enjoy life, but I just need to get back to exercising. Combo of booze and lack of exercise has me feeling a bit low at the mo. :(

Can I join please? Have half a stone to a stone I’d love to lose after having a baby last spring. I’m now back at pre pregnancy weight but would just like to lose this last bit I gained before pregnancy.

I completed couch to 5k in April and have been running regularly since but have hit a bit of a plateau with my weight loss so am now trying to do 3 weights/cardio/resistance sessiojs a week and one run. Trying to not get hung up on the scales but it’s hard not to sometimes!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I keep feeling guilty sporadically for not being completely regimented this week. I’ve had a brilliant time but keep getting a ‘oh god I’ve fucked up badly’ feeling.
I also saw some pictures of me today and I always just look so bloody awful! And that’s after months and months of effort and exercise. Such a shame.

• Heart
Bless you, don’t be so hard on yourself if you can. Enjoy the fact you’ve had a good time, that’s prob done a ton of good for your mental health. A few days of over-indulging won’t undo all the good work you’ve put in over the course of months.

I know what you mean about not liking pics of yourself. I’m a bit like that, always over-analysing and picking at my own appearance. Recently I was going through some old photos and genuinely got the ‘I’m not sure why I was so unhappy with how I looked then’. Anyway, not a fan of my own photos so not much of advice there.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.