Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another gym workout done, I bumped into the lady who waxes my legs 😅

My waist measurement is now outside of the, "You are at high risk and should see your GP," range 😁

I'm definitely noticing an uplift in my mental health, I'm feeling more cheerful in myself

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Another gym workout done, I bumped into the lady who waxes my legs 😅

My waist measurement is now outside of the, "You are at high risk and should see your GP," range 😁

I'm definitely noticing an uplift in my mental health, I'm feeling more cheerful in myself
this is very very awesome indeed! Well done!! Clearly all of your hard work is paying off!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you!

I'm definitely noticing age as a factor. In my twenties, it felt like I could blink and lose weight, whereas now, it was weeks of: nothing, nothing, nothing then visible results

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you!

I'm definitely noticing age as a factor. In my twenties, it felt like I could blink and lose weight, whereas now, it was weeks of: nothing, nothing, nothing then visible results
I feel the same. 30s has made it soooo much harder to shift it. Probably also because I had a kid and my ‘child bearing hips’ have widened even more so!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
just got back from my fitness class, showered, washed my hair and did my skincare and i'm feeling so fresh, nice and proud of myself!

as i haven't been there for weeks due to covid, i expected it would be like i'm starting from the very beginning, and so did my fitness coach and my sister who goes there with me. but i actually managed to do everything, i was sooo happy and so was my coach!

we did a warm up, then 3 series of 7 exercises: they were a combination of jumping exercises, squats and planks. after that we did a quick 3 series of mountain climbing, sit ups and planks, and then repeated the first series of 7 once. then stretching. felt sooo good :)

i also walked there and back, and i feel so satisfied now. i just had to share 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
just got back from my fitness class, showered, washed my hair and did my skincare and i'm feeling so fresh, nice and proud of myself!

as i haven't been there for weeks due to covid, i expected it would be like i'm starting from the very beginning, and so did my fitness coach and my sister who goes there with me. but i actually managed to do everything, i was sooo happy and so was my coach!

we did a warm up, then 3 series of 7 exercises: they were a combination of jumping exercises, squats and planks. after that we did a quick 3 series of mountain climbing, sit ups and planks, and then repeated the first series of 7 once. then stretching. felt sooo good :)

i also walked there and back, and i feel so satisfied now. i just had to share 🥰
Ahh that’s brilliant news!! I love how exercise makes you feel 💜💜

• Heart
Reactions: 3
have you been to the docs about your constipation issues?
No but I usually go later in day but I weigh 1st thing naked before coffee probably too much information.

I think I just feel frustrated last few days as despite 8lb lost in 8 weeks 56days I don't look any different.
Something that dident fit in a 14 still no longer fits.
Desperately wanting to see 80kg on scale as it doesn't weigh in stones which then takes me 12lb 10 started at 13 stone 5.
Was optimistic now upped calories due to recalculate tdde as before was lower than bmr would maybe give me weight loss boost.
I'm not giving up just wish my hard work would show.
Last few days been under steps only managed 9 yesterday and 7 today so have to do more wed to even it out so get 70k steps minimum a week.
My tummy thighs bust and now looking at my arms still feels huge.
Had no time for me last few days been all housework and the kids.

Thank you!

I hear you at 31 lost 2 stone quickly after son was born. 10 years later struggling get 1lb a week.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
No but I usually go later in day but I weigh 1st thing naked before coffee probably too much information.

I think I just feel frustrated last few days as despite 8lb lost in 8 weeks 56days I don't look any different.
Desperately wanting to see 80kg on scale as it doesn't weigh in stones which then takes me 12lb 10 started at 13 stone 5.
Was optimistic now upped calories due to recalculate tdde as before was lower than bmr would maybe give me weight loss boost.
Last few days been under steps only managed 9 yesterday and 7 today so have to do more wed to even it out so get 70k steps minimum a week.

I hear you at 31 lost 2 stone quickly after son was born. 10 years later struggling get 1lb a week.
I've lost a stone and still don't feel like there's much difference in fitting in clothes etc so I feel your frustration

i know a lot of people have said this before and I’ll say it again now but 1lb a week is more than enough. It is realistic, sustainable and healthy weight loss. Why are you not satisfied with the amazing work you’ve done so far?

also, weight loss isn’t a quick fix, it’s a journey that can take a long time to see the final results, it can - and safely, should - take months in reality. This is why a lot of people give up because after a couple of months they don’t see results and think ‘oh well that’s it, it’s not working for me what’s the point’

whereas if you persist and keep at it you WILL see results.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Slow and steady really does win the race! I started last March, am 3 stone down and now at a healthy weight but taking that time has really helped me to build sensible eating habits that I can sustain long term. I know I'll never regain the weight because I've completely overhauled my relationship with food, nutrition overall and fitness. I'm a million times more active than I was a year ago.

You didn't gain the weight overnight, so it's not going to come off overnight either. And there is no rush - the time will pass regardless!

If there is one thing I have learned it is the patience and consistency are just as important as what you put in your mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
i know a lot of people have said this before and I’ll say it again now but 1lb a week is more than enough. It is realistic, sustainable and healthy weight loss. Why are you not satisfied with the amazing work you’ve done so far?

also, weight loss isn’t a quick fix, it’s a journey that can take a long time to see the final results, it can - and safely, should - take months in reality. This is why a lot of people give up because after a couple of months they don’t see results and think ‘oh well that’s it, it’s not working for me what’s the point’

whereas if you persist and keep at it you WILL see results.
I know what you saying and I keep telling myself that and to be honest I know this sounds shallow but maybe some others can resonate.

I am a very visual person.
I love fashion and clothes
If I don't look good I don't feel good so how I look in clothes affects my mood.
Over the last few years I would say 5 or 6 I slowly put on weight.
I went from being 8-10 to 12-14 i remember at around 11 stone maybe bit under trying find bridesmaids dress that dident make me feel fat or worse look pregnant
But that year I spent lot on hair clothes and makeup and managed find clothes that flattered slightly larger figure
2017 fell pregnant with 4th child.
2018 spring 4th arrived hates summer of 2018 as felt huge.
Lost a tiny bit through breastfeeding and rules lots clothes out.
Moved house 2018 new years eve.
Spent all 2019 renovating the house and dealing with a toddler I just wore clothes comfort not fashion or style .
Summers always feel harder when you larger winter I can hide in jumpers.
Used to love wearing jeans not worn jeans in over a year none of them fit.
I remember last year 2020 felt large start of 2020 but then March onwards gained.
But think I gained the most another stone in autumn winter as size 14 fit me last summer it doesn't now.
Last year when shops reopened to cheer myself I brought lots new clothes some difent fit but I did I will slim into was sale purchase others I liked and wore last year that don't look right now.
I know uk retailer sizes vary.
I have lots size 16 tops and dresses that sort fit but huge issue is my tummy.
They all make me look pregnant and feel miserable.
Then my mind spirals when I don't even fit or look good in a size 16.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that size but this is largest size I have ever been mentally feels so hard.
Feel so restricted because of my tummy what styles I can wear.
I feel annoyed with myself I allowed myself to gain so much weight.
I have never had as much trouble losing weight as I have now and my mum says it's my age and I have to accept in bigger which is depressing mindset.
Theres that saying choose your hard.
Being overweight is hard and losing weight is hard.
I'm not going to give up im just frustrated I want to see a difference.
Being able to fit into a size 14 again
, smaller tummy, getting under the 12 stone mark those are my short to med term goals
I'm 41 mid July and least like to achieve my then.
I would like shop autumn and winter and easily fit into a 14 even a 12 maybe.

We well into may now and I guess I have to accept this spring summer due to slow weightless I will be continue to be in the overweight category , look large and be restricted with clothes styles as so many don't flatter me right now and next spring/ summer 2022 it will be different.
I see so many clothes and think that would look nice if I was slim.

I have tried recently to have massive wardrobe sort out as so many clothes that don't fit me or i feel tit in is making me feel miserable.
Had 2 big sort outs over the last 12 months and packed away stuff cabt bare part with separate to my wardrobe.
I brought a few new things lately jumble sale charity shops and sales as wanted stuff that looked good now at size 16 and made me feel good.
Went thorough wardrobe again today and tried literally everything on.

Took out 2 items dident like
2 items on not sure list.
Used coats in middle and separated 1 end to stuff that fits now and looks good.
The other end is size 14 so if any of it fitted would be a massive non scale victory.
Also at other end is some size 16 dresses and tops that fit but make my tummy look huge.

Decided as trying declutter anyway and not spend fortune all im going to buy for may and June is 1 pair jeggings. 1 pair decent leggings, handbags shoes or jewellery.
Some nice and well fitting underwear.
I now have plenty tops.
I need high waisted tight suck in trousers with long length floaty tops to disguse my tummy.
Have few peplum tops.
Empire line is tricky as feels very maternity but can be flattering.
Have few tent boho floaty dresses husband loathes but if hot this summer want something I feel comfy in.
Recently did new style guide and colours as thought make shopping easier.
Apparently black is not a good colour for me which is hard so trying stick patterned or textured blacks and maybe lighter tops as compromise.
Tried on literally everything including 2 black dresses and black not necessarily slimming on me still shows what feels like huge tummy.
We told when larger wear black or over sized will solve everything when I fact they don't make us look good they sometimes make us appear larger.
Theres definatly a skill to wearing flattering mid size to larger clothes.
Retailers and the media always focus on smaller sizes so ever seen something in catalogue and ordered your size then looks terrible.
I have seen some stylish influences and larger celebrities dress well for their size but its defiantly trickier.
We have to dress to conceal ares body we feel less confident about but also accentuate better features we do like maybe our bust or our arms.
My thighs and tummy feels like area I hate the most.
I wear a lot stripes expecially vertical, so e semi tailored peices like long length shirt with collar with high waisted trousers and blazer can create slimming effect.
I also love big prints leopard print or florals.

Anyways enough waffling about clothes.
Just have hope continue be good results will show.
For me hopefully see that when move down a stone bracket or a drees size they say as rule of thumb 10lb loss is a dress size we will see.
Crazy weather here. Another day domestic drudgery
Trying to desperately declutter and catching up laundry .

Have a good day everyone.
Might have to do one of ricks walking workouts you tube get my steps In.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@fireflies i know exactly what you mean about being visual and wanting to see results immediately because I’m the same. I get really disheartened sometimes that it’s such a slow process and I used to think ‘how rubbish t diet for 2 weeks and lose 2 lbs and not feel any better’ but honestly what’s the alternative? You stay the same or gain more weight. The time will pass anyway, yeah you might not feel better for a couple of months but surely it’s better knowing what you’re doing now means at some point you definitely will feel better than not at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think as well as a society (oops getting a bit deep here) we’re way more up for instant gratification and it really takes a while to wire your brain to see that little bits of progress are still progress and even better if that means the weight stays off. I didn’t take pictures to start with because I just didn’t want to see my body, but when I look at pictures of my face at Christmas compared to now I can really see the difference. Also really helps that I seem to have got my acne under control which makes me way less self conscious.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Someone at work today said I had such a lovely tiny waist. Made me smile!

I have always been lucky that even at my fattest I still went ‘in’ in the middle. I am trying really hard to tone up and lose weight. I love how strong I feel and can’t wait to add even more to it.
We’ve moved our holiday to October so hopefully by then, I’ll be feeling and looking pretty good!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I finished my 6 weeks with my PT over a week ago and have signed up for another 6 weeks. Bought some dumb bells in tesco or whatever they are called to do some workouts with, bought a padded bike seat for my exercise bike. Back to doing 3/4 workouts a week and then the bike on top of that. Along with counting calories. I feel so much better in myself mentally when I stick with the workouts and bike as afterwards I just feel great. The past week I didn't do much exercise and took a bit of a weeks break were I wasn't pushing myself and now I am ready to go again. I have felt rubbish all week which just goes to show how much the exercise is helping me mentally. Here's to another 6 weeks :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
just found a great youtube fitness workout account called im sweaty and i know it
she does pilates classes but BOY do they burn!!

Reactions: 6
I’m feeling in such an exercise slump at the minute so it’s great to see others being really positive and enjoying the benefits. 🙌🏻 Hopefully I’m back with you soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@fireflies i can totally resonate with you. I’ve just turned 41. At 39 I told myself I would lose the baby fat by 40. Yet I’m a stone and a half heavier than 12 months ago. It’s frustrating. I have so many lovely clothes I can’t fit into. I bought a pair of cropped trousers in the Debenhams closing down sale size 16, they look fab on but when my mum offered to do some ironing for me i took them out of the pile as I was too embarrassed for her to see the size.
I love this forum for its positivity though and I’m seeing it’s probably two steps forward and one step back. Having young kids is exhausting, broken sleep is exhausting and there are days I know all
I need is chocolate but I’m trying not to beat myself up 5 good days out of 7 is better then giving up.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.