Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@fireflies i can totally resonate with you. I’ve just turned 41. At 39 I told myself I would lose the baby fat by 40. Yet I’m a stone and a half heavier than 12 months ago. It’s frustrating. I have so many lovely clothes I can’t fit into. I bought a pair of cropped trousers in the Debenhams closing down sale size 16, they look fab on but when my mum offered to do some ironing for me i took them out of the pile as I was too embarrassed for her to see the size.
I love this forum for its positivity though and I’m seeing it’s probably two steps forward and one step back. Having young kids is exhausting, broken sleep is exhausting and there are days I know all
I need is chocolate but I’m trying not to beat myself up 5 good days out of 7 is better then giving up.
Its like we twins same birth year
Baby weight
Similar weight gain in lockdown
Same size .
I felt annoyed this morning trying stuff on even 16 doesn't fit.
I feel annoyed I was unhappy and overweight last summer and I dident lose it then .
I know in not only one whos added lockdown weight it was difficult time .
I just kept Putting the diet off I will wait until they return to school as my school age children were off march to September.
Then covid increased I threw myself into Xmas lockdown 2 I was miserable..
By Jan another lockdown and more home school.
Now if feels like I'm climbing a massive mountain but moving 1 mile per hour.
You are right its all about balance.
I see people on social media losing and going to the gym but they have more time to devote to themselves and focus on themselves.
My dog has saved me there were days I was down I didenf want to go out but its forced me to be more active as I literally I become a hermit.

This mornings sad step has annoyed me but trying to to dwell as not convinced I gained 1lb of fat.
I think its mostly Likely some sort water retention or maybe time of month.
Not feeling too great today.
Might take some time to do something non food and fitness related and have a pamper session as been wanting dye my hair for ages.
In past I would have obsessed about 1lb gain however logically I know I haven't eaten anywhere near 3500 cals in last week and I been active so I have to hope if I'm consistent and stick at it results will show soon .
I will do my usual dog walk
Try make a healthy yummy lunch and dinner.
The sun 🌞 is out. Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 6
After loosing three pounds out of the blue the week before last with no prior movement.

I have now put back on two pounds!

I give up!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Down a pound this week and I'm delighted obviously, but so baffled as to why because I'm in the midst of exams-no exercise because I'm chained to the books, and I'm due my period this week which always makes me retain water weight, plus I've been inhaaaaaaling all the carbs, so I've no idea how I'm down a pound?! 😬😂 I'm not goimg to question it, I'm gonna run with it and try avoid anymore stress inhaled carbs! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
After loosing three pounds out of the blue the week before last with no prior movement.

I have now put back on two pounds!

I give up!
I often gain back for a day or two despite staying within calories. 🤷‍♀️ It always goes down though, try not to stress!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've decided not to weigh daily when I'm due TOTM. Even though I know it's not true weight gain, it's disheartening nonetheless.

• Heart
I've decided not to weigh daily when I'm due TOTM. Even though I know it's not true weight gain, it's disheartening nonetheless.
I think that’s a good idea. Our weight changes so much around that time, it’s crazy!

• Heart
Hey everyone so i’m back on the CC train
after some time of thinking maybe i should try intuitive eating, i just fell off completely- i can’t seem to eat normally or listen to my body as well as i do when tracking?
i feel like crap if i’m honest and i feel like i look the worse i have in ages - i just wanna have my summer bod lol :(
i know i’m well over today so i’m not going to track because i know it’ll make me feel worse
i just want some low cal snacks that’ll keep me full because apparently fullness doesn't currently exist to me :(

• Heart
Been doing quite well this week. I definitely think upping my calories has helped although I guess the scales will tell all.

Been at the gym again today, started week 4 of couch to 5k, was pretty ok I didn't stop which made me happy! Before lockdown I got to week 5 day 2 so I'm debating whether to try week 5 the next time. I've done day one of week 2, 3 and 4 and they've been pretty good.

Trying to mix it in with CrossFit on Tuesday and Thursdays, just to stop me getting bored from running. Although my shoulders are aching from kettlebell swings last night!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I count absolutely everything. Especially milk because it’s actually really easy to guess incorrectly and if you have a few hot drinks it quickly adds up 😬
Yeah I try to count tea particularly because I haven’t a sugar in it. It’s not that many calories tbf it’s just good to know where they are.

Reactions: 1
I track everything now including things like ketchup and butter (used to kid myself that one didn’t matter😄) the only thing I don’t bother tracking is occasionally I’ll have a small glass of Pepsi max or Fanta zero which is only a couple of calories and I like to think that’s how many I burn off just pouring the glass and carrying it to the table😄

just wondering- are there any calories you guys DONT count? eg milk in tea etc?
The only thing I don't weigh but I still count is spinach no matter how much I put in I call it "one dry cup of spinach" and I'm done with it. I feel if I don't lose weight because of some extra spinach something has gone horribly wrong 😂

But yea I measure out my milk for my coffee in a shot glass 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 9
just wondering- are there any calories you guys DONT count? eg milk in tea etc?
i try to track everything but i often forget things like condiments 😅 oh and i don't count the oil that i cook with

went to my second after-covid fitness class today, the shortness of breath was much more obvious today! but i managed to do the whole thing :)

Reactions: 4
I’ve stopped counting raw fruit & veg. That way if I hit my calories I can have healthy snacks for ‘free’ instead of thinking ‘i’m going over anyway, may as well have four biscuits’.

I count absolutely everything. Especially milk because it’s actually really easy to guess incorrectly and if you have a few hot drinks it quickly adds up 😬
I put milk in everyday but I don’t actually measure it. I don’t have a lot tho.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.