Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1200 is too low, you have a young child and a job. Our bodies need fuel to function and women need cholesterol in their diet to manufacture hormones.
I was doing 1500 before but getting nowhere. Do you think I should just continue that way?

I was doing 1500 before but getting nowhere. Do you think I should just continue that way?
Yes, you exercise regularly. Your body needs nutrition. Focus on what you are eating and how much, make sure that most of what you eat is providing nutrition for your body, minimise your processed food intake. I must admit I'm surprised on here at how many people snack but if it helps them stay miantain the diet then it obviously works for them. I personally dropped everything that had little nutrition in it but periodically I have a dessert day. today is my Sons birthday and its Pear and Chocolate Tart instead of Dinner

Reactions: 4
Could you try a couple of days at 1200 and stay at 1500 the rest of the week. I have a small child and work too and some days I’m so exhausted I just need sugar and caffeine to function. This week I’ve tried this and I find it more manageable and I was less likely to fall off the wagon.

Reactions: 2
Yes. I'm in the same boat.

When you start to exercise your body and muscles hold on to more water. There is an excellent post on reddit that explains the science better than I ever could (if you Google reddit psa exercise it will come up)
Just looked at this post and it was really helpful! Gyms reopen tomorrow and I’m planning on going regularly because my fitness has really deteriorated. I think I may just skip the scales for a couple of weeks and focus on my health.

Weighed in a day early as I know I’ve got a nice big dinner tonight and it probably wouldn’t do the scales any good!

Another 0.8lb gone meaning I’m 2.6lbs away from target! This last bit is going very slow but since starting CC I’ve not had any weight gain (touch wood!!!!!!!!)

View attachment 542486
What app is that if you don’t mind me asking? It looks good.

Last edited:
Could you try a couple of days at 1200 and stay at 1500 the rest of the week. I have a small child and work too and some days I’m so exhausted I just need sugar and caffeine to function. This week I’ve tried this and I find it more manageable and I was less likely to fall off the wagon.
I usually have a couple of days around 1300-1400 because sometimes it just works out like that. I need to get better at eating lunches. Because I’m at work and I don’t get a break I have to eat at my desk and I’m just so bored of making lunches so I end up eating Greek yoghurt and apple and some nuts or a soup and fruit and leaving it at that.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just made a carbon copy of this and my lordddd was it good 😍 541 calories for the lot! 5% fat Aldi burger, homemade chips and salad in the bun 😍 Now off to the gym as I’ve gone over by a few hundred calories today and feel guilty 🤣✌🏽
That looks amazing! I’m really craving a burger and chips right now but luckily for me my laziness is saving me, I can’t be bothered to go out and get one! Swings and roundabouts there! Try not to feel too guilty but hope you enjoy the gym and feel good after! X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Guys I’ve got an amazingly bougie NSV for you today.. I have been birthday present shopping for my 30th, my other half’s bought me a beautiful necklace from my favourite jeweller, but every necklace I’ve ever bought from them I’ve had to have the chain extended for my fat neck 🙃 today I walked straight out the shop with a necklace in the standard size, three inches shorter than usual. I’m so happy 😂 yet fuming I have to wait 10 days to actually wear it.

Ps I had a successful shopping trip yesterday as well - down to size 14 jeans from 16/18 🙌🏻 and size 12 tops. Slowly getting there. I’ve had a total binge day today with a cheat meal, I’m eating crisps and I’ve got millionaires shortbread to eat my feelings during LOD but I don’t care 😂 I’m just a couple of pounds off the three stone mark and feeling good. I hope to get there before things really go off the rails for my birthday next month.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I went totally off the rails last night and had fish and chips for dinner. I am feeling really discouraged by the lack of weight loss. I’ve only lost 2lb in 3 months despite the work I’ve put in. I know everyone is sick of me on this thread now haha. I think I need to step away for a bit.
Not sick of you in the slightest. I’m in the exact same boat as you, I know how frustrating it is. I’m starting afresh tomorrow too. We’ve got this 💪🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So wedding date is a go, October, eeeeek! (Had a lot of faff with venues but found a new one, phew) which means I've got til about July to be happy with my size before it's important for my dress... so wedding diet is officially on! Also booked myself in for a couple of 10k runs in the year to keep me motivated. All feels a bit real now gals, I'm in and committed!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I went totally off the rails last night and had fish and chips for dinner. I am feeling really discouraged by the lack of weight loss. I’ve only lost 2lb in 3 months despite the work I’ve put in. I know everyone is sick of me on this thread now haha. I think I need to step away for a bit.
Not sick of you at all Sven, stick around we are here for you 🤗

So wedding date is a go, October, eeeeek! (Had a lot of faff with venues but found a new one, phew) which means I've got til about July to be happy with my size before it's important for my dress... so wedding diet is officially on! Also booked myself in for a couple of 10k runs in the year to keep me motivated. All feels a bit real now gals, I'm in and committed!
I will be living vicariously through you 🙌🏻 Congratulations, there’s no better motivation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Parkrun is back June 5th, always gets me running more regularly.

• Heart
Thank you all so much for your support. I think I am going to focus on getting really good at exercising and lifting weights. The weight will hopefully come off eventually. I enjoy the exercise and I am proud of myself for being able to actually do it - I couldn’t have run for a full minute before and now I can run twice around the park without stopping - I can also lift weights and enjoy it which I never thought I’d do. I think I need to focus on that instead of getting myself in to a state because I’m not thin yet. If I’m honest with myself, I’ll never be thin. I’m just not built that way. Even at my lowest weight I still had hips.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This might be of interest to those of you closer to goal: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-...w-dieting-could-secret-long-term-weight-loss/

'His programme is divided into four-week cycles: you aim to lose nothing in the first in order to “wash out” any effects of a diet or over-eating, then to lose 2kg in the next cycle, maintain your weight for the next one, lose another 2kg and so on. His theory is that you need to lose weight gradually in order not to trigger the survival mechanisms your body has evolved over the years which eventually lead to weight gain over time. Humans, he says, develop a “set weight” which their bodies grow accustomed to and any change to this will be challenged by protection mechanisms.'

I could see doing this if I had a stone or less to lose, but I think I'd very quickly lose motivation in my own current 5 stone+ journey! More info on his website.

This might be of interest to those of you closer to goal: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-...w-dieting-could-secret-long-term-weight-loss/

'His programme is divided into four-week cycles: you aim to lose nothing in the first in order to “wash out” any effects of a diet or over-eating, then to lose 2kg in the next cycle, maintain your weight for the next one, lose another 2kg and so on. His theory is that you need to lose weight gradually in order not to trigger the survival mechanisms your body has evolved over the years which eventually lead to weight gain over time. Humans, he says, develop a “set weight” which their bodies grow accustomed to and any change to this will be challenged by protection mechanisms.'

I could see doing this if I had a stone or less to lose, but I think I'd very quickly lose motivation in my own current 5 stone+ journey! More info on his website.
that's really interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'm 10lb away from goal, after losing 3 stone and my weight hasn't budged for ages (think I am holding water doing a very intense exercise program as I am religious about calories, very active etc). I don't like to think we have a "set" weight but I absolutely cannot get below a certain number.

that's really interesting, thanks for sharing.

I'm 10lb away from goal, after losing 3 stone and my weight hasn't budged for ages (think I am holding water doing a very intense exercise program as I am religious about calories, very active etc). I don't like to think we have a "set" weight but I absolutely cannot get below a certain number.
Time to change something, either your diet (not necesaarily calorie intake but type of food)or your exercise routine.

Time to change something, either your diet (not necesaarily calorie intake but type of food)or your exercise routine.
Thanks. I just need to give it a bit of time to settle the exercise related water retention. I knew the last bit would be slow and I'm not in a rush.

So after my week away from home I’ve somehow only gained 1 lb - no idea how because a lot of pizza was consumed 😂 this gives me 13lbs to lose before my wedding in 3 months, I hope that’s doable. I will probably be shopping for my dress around the end of June so need to lose as much of that as possible in 2 months really but we shall see. I’ve decided to start with 1400 cals this time and see how I get on!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
So after my week away from home I’ve somehow only gained 1 lb - no idea how because a lot of pizza was consumed 😂 this gives me 13lbs to lose before my wedding in 3 months, I hope that’s doable. I will probably be shopping for my dress around the end of June so need to lose as much of that as possible in 2 months really but we shall see. I’ve decided to start with 1400 cals this time and see how I get on!
That’s totally doable :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.