Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a scientist, but from my experience so far that could be your water intake. Don't drop the water intake - it's good for you, and it'll come off eventually!
Thats it isnt it. Day by day etc ๐Ÿ˜‚ just so annoying ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 2
View attachment 542801

Trying not to be mad ๐Ÿคฃ Im so annoyed that's all I've lost. I know I'm only aiming for 3 pounds a month but the past 3 days alone I've walked over 43k ๐Ÿ˜‚

Has anyone any tips on what I could be doing wrong ?

I've had a fair bit of dairy even though I'm lactose intolerant ๐Ÿ™ˆ
I've gone over recommended carb and fat intake a few days. I just count my calories, wonder if I should start concentrating on nutrition now ? ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ
Upped average water intake from 1 or 1.5 litres to 2 to 2.5
You've lost so much, have you checked what you TDEE is now? Maybe your maintenance is lower now that you're smaller.

But congrats you're doing so well, impressed with the dedication lol!

-------------

I've been a bit tit recently and I don't know why I have huge gaps where I do great lose good chunks of weight then other times I'm just blah and eating too much chocolate (which I don't deprive myself of so I don't even have the excuse that I haven't been having it so I want it).

Oh well, I'm going to climb a Munro tomorrow and surfing on Sunday, that will definitely burn a lot lol. I do much prefer summer when I can get out and about and eat lots of fresh salads and BBQ (bought some chicken to make skewers tonight so that will be a nice light dinner!)

Reactions: 4
Hello all. I've been away from home for a week and I think it's what I needed tbh. No counting, no scales, so no idea what I've been eating and if I've gained or whatever. It has been blissful! Will be home at the weekend and then it's on - need to lose about a stone by the end of June when I will be getting a wedding dress. After months of going up and down slightly having a week off completely has been great and now I really feel geared up/motivated to join you all again โ˜บ

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Iโ€™m going to have a good old cry when I get home from work today. I tried on a size 16 jumpsuit I had ordered and it didnโ€™t fit. Bloody massive thighs and bum/hips.
Seriously don't worry, the sizing is crazy. I have to take size 8 up to size 14 into the changing rooms now because sizing isn't uniform.

Reactions: 3
Seriously don't worry, the sizing is crazy. I have to take size 8 up to size 14 into the changing rooms now because sizing isn't uniform.
It was from Asda and I measured my waist to double check. Just my bloody hips that are the problem :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Iโ€™ve turned down cake this afternoon and Dominos tonight.

Instead Iโ€™m having gnocchi with bacon and carbonara sauce... and itโ€™s only 352 calories! So surprised itโ€™s that low.

I did SW for a while and whilst it worked for me at the time, the sauce would be so high in syns meaning Iโ€™d probably avoid it.

ETA, Iโ€™ve doubled my gnocchi portion because I forgot how heavy is and 100g really isnโ€™t enough ๐Ÿ˜‚ still only 466 calories overall though!

• Heart
  • Wow
You've lost so much, have you checked what you TDEE is now? Maybe your maintenance is lower now that you're smaller.

But congrats you're doing so well, impressed with the dedication lol!

-------------
Yeah my TDEE maintenance calories is 2'957 ! I eat 1800 to 2200 ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Just gotta keep going lol

Iโ€™ve turned down cake this afternoon and Dominos tonight.

Instead Iโ€™m having gnocchi with bacon and carbonara sauce... and itโ€™s only 352 calories! So surprised itโ€™s that low.

I did SW for a while and whilst it worked for me at the time, the sauce would be so high in syns meaning Iโ€™d probably avoid it.

ETA, Iโ€™ve doubled my gnocchi portion because I forgot how heavy is and 100g really isnโ€™t enough ๐Ÿ˜‚ still only 466 calories overall though!
Is gnocchi nice? Never had it. Just think of Bryn from Gavin & Stacey ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Hypothetically, if a hypothetical fat witch like me was on average on a 400 calorie a day deficit rather than a 500 calorie a day deficit, would this still be sufficient for weight loss?

I'm so sick of being so gross. I feel like I'm never gonna get there ๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm so disgusting

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hypothetically, if a hypothetical fat witch like me was on average on a 400 calorie a day deficit rather than a 500 calorie a day deficit, would this still be sufficient for weight loss?

I'm so sick of being so gross. I feel like I'm never gonna get there ๐Ÿ˜ญ I'm so disgusting
I understand how you feel but please donโ€™t say those things about yourself. Being overweight doesnโ€™t mean anything bad about you, all of us here have excess pounds we want to lose, youโ€™re being far too hard on yourself. Youโ€™re in good company here. I think aiming for a 400 calorie deficit is fine, try it and see what happens. None of us can really know exactly how many calories we burn each day as weโ€™re not hooked up to machines that can tell us (I wish I was though it would take out so much of the guess work!) itโ€™s ok to play around and find what works for you x

• Heart

please don't be so hard on yourself. Just take it day by day. I've never lost fast, or more than 1lb a week but slowly and sustainably really helps build up those habits over time so that it just becomes your lifestyle.

Broadly speaking the 500 a day deficit comes from the idea that 1lb is equivalent to 3500 calories and 3500 divided by 7 days = 500 to give you that pound a week loss. You can use whatever deficit you like, if you are in a deficit in theory you should lose weight (but with the caveat that there are so many things that can affect it, hormones, a big salty meal, water retention from heavy exercise, time of the month/ovulation etc). With that same idea, if your deficit was 250 the loss would be 1/2 a pound and so on.

ETA that also assumed that you've got your TDEE spot on too. I've not managed to find mine accurately yet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Week 17: -2 lbs
Total: 2 stone 13 lb

At one point in my life, I was hardcore into exercise - two hours a day at the gym (how did I have the time??), triathlons, Beachbody workouts, etc. Definitely not ready for that yet, but Shaun T has some fun dance workouts, like Hip Hop Abs and Cize, so I think I'm going to make it my goal to try at least one this week!

Other than that, I made an enormous veggie caesar salad earlier in the week that I've been dreaming about ever since, so I think my plans for today are to pop out and get the ingredients for another one. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Happy weekend, you beauties!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Yes plus if a 400 calorie deficit is easier for you to manage then it will also enable you to maintain for longer, resulting in a higher weight loss overall.

• Heart
Iโ€™ve weighed a day early today as Iโ€™m off out for food and drinks this afternoon. Lost 2lbs ๐ŸŽ‰ 30lbs lost, 22.5lbs till my target weight. At the start it seemed such a massive target but iโ€™m feeling better every week.

Side note, I havenโ€™t drank alcohol in 11 months, wish me luck ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿคข

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Having a couple days off from calorie counting. Got a BBQ today and want to enjoy myself with a few drinks! I donโ€™t want to do this forever so letโ€™s see how it goes!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi everyone!

I havent posted on here for a couple of weeks as i have been feeling sorry for myself, and if im being totally honest seeing everyone else's success stories may have made me jealous. I dont want to be a negative nancy and im really trying to have some perspective but its hard at the moment!

So i have been following nutracheck down to every calorie, doing my exericse. A month or so i had a NSV with my jeans (but that moment has long gone!). Anyway, not only am i not losing weight, im actually putting weight on. I know a lot of people know about my mental health issues, and my bad relationship with food. But i went to the doctors as i have been period bleeding for the past 5 weeks, i got the coil in september to they wanted to examine me. They weighed me and im almost 10st7 which to me is awful and i honestly dont understand why. I ended up having a breakdown with the doctor, she said im 'chronically constipated' and that can make me feel bloated, and she is also sending me to an ultrasound scan and is going to do blood tests for my thyroid.

I also had an appoinment with my recovery worker who knows me very well and knows absolutely everything about me and my issues. She was full of compliments (but im suspicious of compliments tbh) and she tried to give me some perspective. And i feel awful because i know i should be happy and there are people much worse off but weight and body image is such a big thing for me. I am the first to admit that my old way of thinking was i would rather be skinny than healthy, whereas now im probably much healthier than i was when i was 8 stone. But it is absolutely soul destroying when im doing everything correct and yet im putting on weight. I was even tempted to buy some orlistat, i didnt in the end but i was tempted.

I am really trying to be positive but its bloody hard at the moment.

I hope no one else is going through this :)

• Heart
Feeling a little disheartened today. I'm 1lb off what I thought was going to be my final goal so was delighted. Tried on a pair of trousers that fit perfectly, if not a little loose when I was this weight a few years ago, and they were too tight still ๐Ÿ˜ญ I can only assume that whilst I've lost weight (I've had to tighten my fitbit strap for one - though losing on my wrists wasn't exactly what I was looking to do) I must have lost it in different areas. I want rid of the hip fat dammit! Going to aim for another half stone now, but it's depressing when I thought I was basically there and now it turns out that's not the case. Ugh bodies suck!

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.