Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also go for leggings and long baggy t shirts to cover my bum. I don’t really worry too much because other than walking, I do all my exercise in my house with the blinds shut 😂🙊

Reactions: 2
I actually like the Tesco ones, F&F ones I have high waisted ones with pockets with a zip! I also love my gym shark ones, however I do find the seams in the inside rips and I've had to sew them back together haha. However I think I was squeezing myself into slightly too small a size.

------

I was back at the gym yesterday but I felt a little bit lost as it's more of a weightlifting gym and my legs were killing me from hill climbing/surfing. So I just kinda floated about doing arm work. Can't wait until classes start again so I can have someone tells me what to do lol.

Reactions: 3
I love my 90 degree reflex ones from tk maxx they never fall down and are very comfortable. My gymshark ones are absolutely crap, they fall down after a minutes running but it's possible they are slightly too small and they're being squeezed off my body 😂

Reactions: 2
Is anyone else majorly struggling with body image now we can go out again? I put it off for a while anyway because all the people everywhere made me a bit anxious (existing social anxiety compounded by sudden hoards of people = not fun) and now I’m actually finding it really difficult...I feel huge, even though I am much lighter than before the first lockdown, having put a few lbs back on is really messing with me though. I struggled with agoraphobia for a while years ago and I don’t want to slip back into it but I desperately do not want to be ‘seen’ by anyone outside of a work setting where weirdly I’m totally fine :/

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is anyone else majorly struggling with body image now we can go out again? I put it off for a while anyway because all the people everywhere made me a bit anxious (existing social anxiety compounded by sudden hoards of people = not fun) and now I’m actually finding it really difficult...I feel huge, even though I am much lighter than before the first lockdown, having put a few lbs back on is really messing with me though. I struggled with agoraphobia for a while years ago and I don’t want to slip back into it but I desperately do not want to be ‘seen’ by anyone outside of a work setting where weirdly I’m totally fine :/
I am. I feel hideous. We went to a garden centre at the weekend, first time we’ve been anywhere other than Mcdonalds this entire year. So I did my hair and make up which I rarely bother with any more to be honest and I felt horrific. I feel like I’ve aged so much, my hair hasn’t been done since the start of December and is full of greys with the end like straw, I felt uglier than ever. I didn’t feel as bothered about my weight as I had a jumper and jeans on, I could feel them digging into my tummy a bit but felt like I just didn’t care anymore. I could have cried sitting in the car. I strongly feel like I don’t want anyone to ever see me again. I’ve always felt ugly but now I’m ugly and old ☹ My in laws keep talking about meeting up and the thought of it makes me feel sick. My mother in law ALWAYS comments on my weight, always. My husband has told her to stop doing it but she never does. It’s rare she says anything unkind (although she has in the past) but I hate that every time we see them my weight is a topic of conversation. And tbh even if she did stop because my husband told her to I know she’d be thinking it. I’m honestly not sure how I’m ever going to venture into the world ever again, I’m really low on my appearance at the moment.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel exactly the same @Gembo and @judgejohndeed especially now we have warmer days and it's so hard to get out of covering up completely. I feel like I've aged so much, my clothes make me look frumpier and I really regret cutting my bloody hair short last year because that makes me lack confidence in my looks too. Several times in the last few weeks where we have just gone out into town and I've had a cry beforehand because I just feel so unattractive. I'm actually at a point where I wonder if the weight I intend to lose will change much which puts me at a bit of a loose end, and of course is very demotivating! I think not being social much has made a lot of people lack confidence now in many ways 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel exactly the same @Gembo and @judgejohndeed especially now we have warmer days and it's so hard to get out of covering up completely. I feel like I've aged so much, my clothes make me look frumpier and I really regret cutting my bloody hair short last year because that makes me lack confidence in my looks too. Several times in the last few weeks where we have just gone out into town and I've had a cry beforehand because I just feel so unattractive. I'm actually at a point where I wonder if the weight I intend to lose will change much which puts me at a bit of a loose end, and of course is very demotivating! I think not being social much has made a lot of people lack confidence now in many ways 😞
I guess maybe we should take comfort in the fact that we’re feeling the same way, so maybe it’s not just us but the situation we’re in. Doesn’t make it feel any easier though does it but its nice to know we’re not alone. It is feeling really hard to cope with at the moment, I feel like life’s not worth living some days.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I like matalan gym leggings. I bought some new ones this week for £14. They have a pocket for your phone which I like and they feel so nice to wear

Reactions: 1
I guess maybe we should take comfort in the fact that we’re feeling the same way, so maybe it’s not just us but the situation we’re in. Doesn’t make it feel any easier though does it but its nice to know we’re not alone. It is feeling really hard to cope with at the moment, I feel like life’s not worth living some days.
I think the impact of the pandemic is far greater than anyone could have imagined. I'm sorry you are feeling so low though, I wish I had some advice 😔 x

Reactions: 5
I think the impact of the pandemic is far greater than anyone could have imagined. I'm sorry you are feeling so low though, I wish I had some advice 😔 x
Thank you, there will be so many of us feeling the same way. I’m sure there are more effects to come I’m hoping that once I’ve done a few things I’ll feel better and it will get easier but I’m not feeling ready to even try yet.

• Heart
Same here. Still off the wagon after birthday binge yesterday and had a post birthday headache this morning so just ate cake most of today. I’m okay with my large bottom and thighs as can hide with skirts but I’m so conscious of my big arms. It’s the largest I’ve been and the thought of vest tops or t shirts is mortifying.
need to sling myself back on the wagon tomorrow.

• Sad
If it makes anyone feel better, when I had my hair done a few weeks ago, the hairdresser said every single person she'd seen so far had put on weight! We are definitely not alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
After disappearing for 2 weeks (I didn't go mad, but equally I wasn't tracking my calories or exercising, I just needed a mental break from it) and then a week back on track, I'm down another 2.2 pounds 🎉

I know it might not suit everyone, but I'd highly reccomend taking a wee break from tracking calories/water intake/exercise etc if it feels like it's getting too much mentally. You don't have to go mad eating rings around you-I ate pretty much what I am eating tracking but a few extra treats, the break did me the world of good and I'm full of motivation again!

Reactions: 15
I gave up for two weeks after putting my weight back on for no reason.

Back on today......

Reactions: 6
I really need your help tattlers, I'm currently crying my eyes out. I lost half a stone and weighed myself today to find I've put it all back on even though I've been watching what I eat (calorie counting). I can't exercise much because of an injury and I'm just so desperate and upset. I'm really struggling, I'm just so, so hungry all the time and my weight is still going up and up and I don't know what to do.

• Heart
  • Sad
I really need your help tattlers, I'm currently crying my eyes out. I lost half a stone and weighed myself today to find I've put it all back on even though I've been watching what I eat (calorie counting). I can't exercise much because of an injury and I'm just so desperate and upset. I'm really struggling, I'm just so, so hungry all the time and my weight is still going up and up and I don't know what to do.
take a deep breath and remind yourself that this is a long journey which means there will be set backs but also remember that tomorrow is a new day.

you can draw a line under it now & your day one begins tomorrow! You have got this.

what do you think you struggled with most? Just as a reminder, if you are eating in a deficit you will lose weight so if you have gained it seems like you may be eating in a surplus. It might be time to recalculate your TDEE and calorie needs? :)

ETA: I have just found this thread and am qualified in nutrition so am more than happy to offer support and guidance if anyone needs it.

• Heart
Don't panic, wait a couple of days and reweigh yourself, I can jump 5lbs overnight. You shouldn;t be hungry, food is fuel for your body to function, it may have gone into survival mode. The key to healthy weightloss is healty food, not no food. Look at the satiety index for filling food that is low in calories.

Also it is important to remember that we need cholsterol to manufacture hormones so do not cut all fat out of your diet, you'll feel tit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.