Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went over calories yesterday so determined be good.
Felt really unwell sat night so went bed early with no tea as awful headache.
Sunday morning ecstatic see 81 .90 kg on scales although this morning 82.30kg.
I think water retention and constipation is issue as ate over tdde but below maintainance calories .
Took toddler to park this morning.
Walked dog long walk this afternoon so done over 111 k steps and burnt 1500 cals.
Mfp has adjusted cals down with each 1lb list so now it's 1330 and I have lost 7lb in total in 45 days.
Would love to be in the 70s by weekend but will see.
Had row with husband yesterday kind my fault I made a roast duck dinner but I started picking at duck before rest was ready then when went to serve wasent much left.
Theres never as much meat in a duck and I was starving husband said I was selfish and no wonder I haven't lost that much with no restraint.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think your husband is being a bit unfair @fireflies - my bf can be a bit of a knob about things like that but it's only because he has never had weight issues, he just eats what he wants when he wants to and it doesn't consume him if he craves something. It's a very difficult thing to be around when you're only trying your best!

Reactions: 8
Went over calories yesterday so determined be good.
Felt really unwell sat night so went bed early with no tea as awful headache.
Sunday morning ecstatic see 81 .90 kg on scales although this morning 82.30kg.
I think water retention and constipation is issue as ate over tdde but below maintainance calories .
Took toddler to park this morning.
Walked dog long walk this afternoon so done over 111 k steps and burnt 1500 cals.
Mfp has adjusted cals down with each 1lb list so now it's 1330 and I have lost 7lb in total in 45 days.
Would love to be in the 70s by weekend but will see.
Had row with husband yesterday kind my fault I made a roast duck dinner but I started picking at duck before rest was ready then when went to serve wasent much left.
Theres never as much meat in a duck and I was starving husband said I was selfish and no wonder I haven't lost that much with no restraint.
Please ignore him, losing weight is hard. You’re doing really well, don’t give up! Xx

Reactions: 9
I think your husband is being a bit unfair @fireflies - my bf can be a bit of a knob about things like that but it's only because he has never had weight issues, he just eats what he wants when he wants to and it doesn't consume him if he craves something. It's a very difficult thing to be around when you're only trying your best!
Thanks jarv I was picking at it dident mean to eat most of it.
I do 90%cooking family meals
Hes driving me mad with catty remarks then sarcastically says well done but he would have lost weight faster.
I suppose disappointing as struggled with eating disorders in the past and trying to do it right and be healthy.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m sure a lot of men just don’t get the hormonal, emotional side of eating. My OH just says well don’t eat it. Easier to say then done! He just doesn’t get it but he’s always thin, despite what he eats.
Its my bday today and he bought me coke and haribo 🙈 I also had doughnut for lunch and pizza and garlic bread for tea. But counting cals on birthdays is rubbish so I enjoyed it and back on it tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thanks jarv I was picking at it dident mean to eat most of it.
I do 90%cooking family meals
Hes driving me mad with catty remarks then sarcastically says well done but he would have lost weight faster.
I suppose disappointing as struggled with eating disorders in the past and trying to do it right and be healthy.
That sucks, have you spoken to him about how it makes you feel?

I do stuff like that all the time when I’m cooking, so easy to do when you’re hungry you didn’t do it on purpose

Reactions: 3
I’m sure a lot of men just don’t get the hormonal, emotional side of eating. My OH just says well don’t eat it. Easier to say then done! He just doesn’t get it but he’s always thin, despite what he eats.
Its my bday today and he bought me coke and haribo 🙈 I also had doughnut for lunch and pizza and garlic bread for tea. But counting cals on birthdays is rubbish so I enjoyed it and back on it tomorrow.
Happy birthday! 🥳

Calories down count on birthdays ☺

Reactions: 4
Completed my first week calorie counting and I’ve lost 3.4lbs 🥳 very happy with that as I’ve rarely been hungry either.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Week 3 for me and another 1lb down, so that’s 7.4 now. I had two days I ate up to my calories and a bit more so I’m more than happy with that result. Now to get my big girl pants on and go back to the gym!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
One pound gone from me this morning at last! I had a week completely off plan over Easter and didn’t shift anything since. I’ve been back on it two weeks now and happy to see this little pound go as that takes me to my 1 stone loss 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well done everyone on weight loss keep going.

I have random questions about fitness wear.
Been randomly watching random you tubers mostly young who seem fairly big girls who work out and still wear super tight see through sheer leggings and crop tops I wish I had their confidence .
Even though they bigger girls they seem carry it better and always seem so groomed with nice make-up and hair.
Where can I find nice leggings preferably dark that are high waisted and not showing serious vpl lines.
Also tops that are not cropped and down cling to my flabby tummy.
My worst nightmare is my belly hanging over my leggings and top clinging to me.
So wheres the flattering reasonably priced fitness wear for 40 somethings .

Talking of fashion I went to jumble sale on the weekend and got myself a few bits.
As I don't want to stay size 16 for long I don't want spend a fortune.
Got 3 new dresses and 3 tops.
I have identified gaps I want some new leggings and stretchy high waisted jeans.
I also want some well fitting supportive underwear.
I want to feel good about myself now.
I do need to make more time to pamper me sort my skincare out and book to have hair done I think that will give me a real confidence boost and make me feel better.
I think non food related treats and anything that increases my confidence as don't feel as confident bigger and I see items I like and say that would only look nice if I was slimmer.
I need to find small capsule wardrobe that makes me feel good at my current size.

Todays thrilling plans include trip to aldi/ dog walk/ housework and cooking.
Sorted my wardrobe out yesterday so loads to bag up for charity shop.
Due to meet up with one of my besties next week to go shopping going to brave primark and huge queue.
Scales is back to 81.90kg again today next target is 80kg but in pounds 5pounds loss gets me to 1 stone lost and 12 and half stone.
I have feel won't reach that until end of May but will see.
Really want add some home workouts.

Been randomly watching random you tubers mostly young who seem fairly big girls who work out and still wear super tight see through sheer leggings and crop tops I wish I had their confidence .
Even though they bigger girls they seem carry it better and always seem so groomed with nice make-up and hair.
Where can I find nice leggings preferably dark that are high waisted and not showing serious vpl lines.

Talking of fashion I went to jumble sale on the weekend and got myself a few bits.
I have identified gaps I want some new leggings and stretchy high waisted jeans.
I do need to make more time to pamper me sort my skincare out and book to have hair done I think that will give me a real confidence boost and make me feel better.
I think non food related treats and anything that increases my confidence as don't feel as confident bigger and I see items I like and say that would only look nice if I was slimmer.
I need to find small capsule wardrobe that makes me feel good at my current size.

Due to meet up with one of my besties next week to go shopping going to brave primark and huge queue.
Scales is back to 81.90kg again today next target is 80kg but in pounds 5pounds loss gets me to 1 stone lost and 12 and half stone.
I really love a brand called 90 Degree by Reflex. They sell them on the Tk maxx website. Really comfy and wash well and are only about £20. I like Asda gym leggings too, they are very cheap and good quality.

Reactions: 4
I haven't been following the thread avidly just dipping in and out, but have had a bit of a personal revelation and decision lately to stop a full on weight loss attempt. I've been doing it for years, it comes off very slowly for me - I do think due to my thyroid condition. Although I'm on medication doc has admitted its not at the best it could be (but they don't like to alter medication too much if you aren't have too many symptoms). Basically, I want to feel more at ease with myself and my body and while I'm trying quite actively for weight loss, I end up having a lot of negative days and negative thoughts about it.

Now I'll be focusing on the healthy living component more of the thread title! Going to be more focused on eating as much nutritionally rich food as possible, getting more fruit and veg into my diet, making a more varied range of meals and more focus on exercise once the gym reopens here (end of the week yeees!) with fitness goals rather than weight loss ones.

Reactions: 9
I haven't been following the thread avidly just dipping in and out, but have had a bit of a personal revelation and decision lately to stop a full on weight loss attempt. I've been doing it for years, it comes off very slowly for me - I do think due to my thyroid condition. Although I'm on medication doc has admitted its not at the best it could be (but they don't like to alter medication too much if you aren't have too many symptoms). Basically, I want to feel more at ease with myself and my body and while I'm trying quite actively for weight loss, I end up having a lot of negative days and negative thoughts about it.

Now I'll be focusing on the healthy living component more of the thread title! Going to be more focused on eating as much nutritionally rich food as possible, getting more fruit and veg into my diet, making a more varied range of meals and more focus on exercise once the gym reopens here (end of the week yeees!) with fitness goals rather than weight loss ones.
I posted a recipe on here, would it be a good idea to have a recipe section that encompasses healthy, quick food.
I actually changed the recipe a little and worked out the calories myself so we could post the original recipe and our take on it.

Reactions: 1

There's a brand called Kryjer (found these through an influencer 🙈) but they are the best I have had. High waisted, they don't slip and have lovely colours. They are reasonable and with the influencers discount, its even cheaper.

I completely agree about the non food related treats. I now do a pamper even
evening at the end of the week, my haircut is booked in for May and I have sorted my skin care out. When I get down to the next stone bracket, I'm gonna treat myself to a massage or new make up. It's the little things 😊

Home workouts are great! I've got a PT that does 4 group workouts a week which I love. Then I add another workout either body project (recommended on here) or a kettlebell one.

I'm working on confidence in getting out running or back to the swimming pool but I do go for a daily walk. Any tips on confidence? Lockdown and having a lockdown baby has kinda ruined it.

@fireflies Adidas have never let me down. They wash well and are good quality. I love their 3/4 length. Sign up for sale alerts to get bargains.

Reactions: 2
Gymshark vital seamless are my all time favourite leggings! I tend to wear really really oversized tops though as I hate anything clinging to me or riding up whilst I’m trying to exercise! Usually the men’s section is my favourite place for tops 🤣🤣

Back on it tomorrow for me.

Two weeks ago when I weighed, I was back to square one with no reason behind it.

My weigh never seems to come off me. If I eat rubbish or not, nothing moves ( i know eating good is better but why bother)

I just don't know how you folks manage to loose weigh. I had lost some thing like 4lbs in 7 weeks or the like.

Pah!!!!

• Heart

I have some nice M&S cropped leggings which seem to keep everything tucked in (I like how I look in them anyway!) as for tops I just have some old vest tops I think I got from sports direct yeeeears ago!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.