Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats thats fab news great see it budge downwards.
Weight can fluctuate so much its best not weigh daily i just can't help myself.
It's so hard not to isn't it! I know if I don't see the number go down though on a daily basis I start to think well I can't be bothered so I'm going to eat whatever I want. Its so much a mental battle more than anything physical 😔

Reactions: 2
I weighed this morning and so far in April I am 5 pounds down so I am super pleased! This is my lowest weight this year so hopefully I can keep it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh I don't know why but I'm having a bit of a 'meh' time. I'm still tracking calories and staying under but just lost my motivation a bit and I'm not sure why.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh I don't know why but I'm having a bit of a 'meh' time. I'm still tracking calories and staying under but just lost my motivation a bit and I'm not sure why.
Maybe it’s the pandemic? This is the hardest I’ve ever found it to be motivated. I always used to have things as mini goals to work towards like nights out, weekends away or holidays. Now it feels like there’s no point to any of it sometimes 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Is it normal to not lose any weight when doing HIIT and strength training every day? I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong but scales aren’t changing. I do feel quite run down though so possibly I’m holding on to something ..

Reactions: 1
How long have you been going? End of March/April I had about 3 weeks where I just didn’t care, and I was fed up. As mentioned about I think it was a bit of pandemic fatigue as well as other bits of life getting to me. I’ve just had to be strict on the counting this week and thrown some runs in. I know for me I have to look at my goals and remember why I’m doing it (wedding dress!) but sometimes you need a little break too.

Is it normal to not lose any weight when doing HIIT and strength training every day? I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong but scales aren’t changing. I do feel quite run down though so possibly I’m holding on to something ..
Your composition might be changing a bit, you could be building a bit of muscle with the strength training. If you’re feeling a bit run down do you think you could be under eating or over exercising?

Reactions: 6
Yes. I'm in the same boat.

When you start to exercise your body and muscles hold on to more water. There is an excellent post on reddit that explains the science better than I ever could (if you Google reddit psa exercise it will come up)

Reactions: 5
Your composition might be changing a bit, you could be building a bit of muscle with the strength training. If you’re feeling a bit run down do you think you could be under eating or over exercising?
I’m having about 1500 a day and then I only do max 30 mins exercise a day although it is hardcore stuff and I do ache a lot!

Yes. I'm in the same boat.

When you start to exercise your body and muscles hold on to more water. There is an excellent post on reddit that explains the science better than I ever could (if you Google reddit psa exercise it will come up)
Thank you! I’m working really hard and it’s like Jesus where is the gain haha. I even took photos and I don’t see much difference. I won’t post because nobody wants to see my pants hahahaha

Reactions: 2
I feel you, any strength training for whatever reason means my scales don’t budge! I get the body composition changing but my actual weight needs to go down too so I’m in a healthy weight range. I’m very results orientated and the scales not moving can be really demotivating.

interested to see what 4 weeks of just cardio will do on the body coach

Reactions: 4
I feel you, any strength training for whatever reason means my scales don’t budge! I get the body composition changing but my actual weight needs to go down too so I’m in a healthy weight range. I’m very results orientated and the scales not moving can be really demotivating.

interested to see what 4 weeks of just cardio will do on the body coach
It is demotivating ! I can’t really tell much difference so far. I just don’t know why I’m struggling so much with it. I’m working really really hard!

It is demotivating ! I can’t really tell much difference so far. I just don’t know why I’m struggling so much with it. I’m working really really hard!
take measurements as well and maybe try weighing after a rest day, you may also notice a massive drop in your weight at some point, keep going !

I never really have a rest day. I’m feeling exhausted so I may allow myself a day of no exercise today. My watch says I’ve done 10 mins of exercise today (walking from and to my car and walking in work).

I never really have a rest day. I’m feeling exhausted so I may allow myself a day of no exercise today. My watch says I’ve done 10 mins of exercise today (walking from and to my car and walking in work).
rest days are soooo important! it lets our bodies recover from the stress it’s been under :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If you're cutting cals and doing exercise every day but not losing - take two days off, keep the cal deficit but do no exercise. I always find my weight only drops after two days of rest, I think it's what the poster said above about water retention. It's also way easier for me to cut my cals when I'm not exercising.

Be really careful, I have ended up with some really serious injuries from overdoing it and ironically I'm now staying the exact same weight without any exercise.

Reactions: 5
If I’m having a rest day does that mean I should only have 1200 cals? I’m having 1570 as I exercise every day.

Your TDEE takes into account how many days you exercise, no one should really be exercising 7 days a week because your body needs time to recover and repair the muscles that get damaged during exercise and to build them back up to be stronger.

Weighed in a day early as I know I’ve got a nice big dinner tonight and it probably wouldn’t do the scales any good!

Another 0.8lb gone meaning I’m 2.6lbs away from target! This last bit is going very slow but since starting CC I’ve not had any weight gain (touch wood!!!!!!!!)

466F424F-E86B-44BF-8500-510DCCEB978F.png

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.