Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out for pub lunch for a work meeting today. Had every intention of staying within calories with my salad but those bloody halloumi fries were calling my name šŸ˜«

Thats 3 out of 7 days Iā€™ve gone over calories now. Going to save 200 a day now to get back into my deficit.
Can you up your exercise, 200 cals is a 30-45 minute walk.

Reactions: 1
Hello everyone :)

I hit a wall a fortnight ago with some awful cabin fever; the lockdown really got to me: I was a tearful mess feeling too cooped up to stay in, but too scared to go out. I started going out daily as part of a routine which has really helped and - I've joined a gym. My membership starts next week and I think a change of scene and tweak to my environment will really help.

I'm really looking forward to doing some proper strength training again, I know the weight loss will eventually follow. I just want to stop feeling so stagnant, I guess everyone is feeling that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thatā€™s a good idea. I could definitely try that as well. Thank you šŸ˜„
I got into the habit of questioning whether I needed to drive or could I walk to where I needed to go and 9 times out of 10 I can walk.

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone,

Iā€™m joining in as I really need some accountability.

Iā€™m currently 12st 3 and seeing as though this time last year I was about 2 stone less than that, Iā€™m not happy!

Iā€™ve decided to calorie count because that means I can start straight away, no excuses. Iā€™ve reopened My Fitness Pal and have input my food for the day, so here goes!

Off to do some housework now to keep me busy so I donā€™t count down the hours til dinner time šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm been keeping low in terms of my numbers until I felt a bit better in what I was doing. I have settled into 5:2 quite well and hope to continue until at least June if not hopefully target but I am trying not to see to far ahead as it sets me back. I 'restarted' on the 6th April, so I am on weigh in 2 and down 6.2lbs. I am very chuffed as it was also my time of the month last week.

Week 1: - 4.2Lbs
Week 2: - 2lbs

Target one is 14 st 7 and I have 2.7lbs to go! Taking it half a stone at a time.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm already having such a bad day at work and it really makes me want to eat my feelings šŸ˜” I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself that eating junk won't fix the problems I have (although I wish it did šŸ˜‚).

I had a really good day yesterday with food and exercise so I really don't want to fall down again.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hello everyone..
I'm new to this page, I posted in Advice but was recommended this thread by @laughing I've started reading through this thread but see there are some before..

I'll try to keep this simple but I need help.
I have always been overweight. The only time I have been successful in losing a noticeable amount is when I have done complete meal replacement diets but of course I put it back on (and more).
I had an awful attitude towards food, would binge eat and eat in secret.

I finished hypnosis two weeks ago and finally felt in control of my eating. I started eating three proper meals a day. No snacking or bingeing and didn't want junk food at all. In fact I still don't. I was actually beginning to feel quite good. I had hidden the scales but this morning I felt so confident I wanted to weigh to see how much I have lost. But, nothing. Not a single pound. I weigh exactly the same as I did two weeks ago.
It sounds pathetic but I am gutted. I feel sick and want to cry. I don't know how to lose weight with food. I need to loose approx 5 stone which I have done with shakes but I don't know how to do it with food.
Please can anyone point me in any kind of direction?
Thank you

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Welcome.

Breathe!

Work out your TDEE.

Track those calories.

Move - whatever rocks your boat. Walking, running, HIIT, you tube workouts.

Be kind too yourself.

Plan for half a stone at a time, otherwise it's just too big a task.

You will fall of the wagon but just get back on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hello everyone..
I'm new to this page, I posted in Advice but was recommended this thread by @laughing I've started reading through this thread but see there are some before..

I have always been overweight. The only time I have been successful in losing a noticeable amount is when I have done complete meal replacement diets but of course I put it back on (and more).

I finished hypnosis two weeks ago and finally felt in control of my eating. I started eating three proper meals a day. No snacking or bingeing and didn't want junk food at all. In fact I still don't. I was actually beginning to feel quite good. I had hidden the scales but this morning I felt so confident I wanted to weigh to see how much I have lost. But, nothing. Not a single pound. I weigh exactly the same as I did two weeks ago.
It sounds pathetic but I am gutted. I feel sick and want to cry. I don't know how to lose weight with food. I need to loose approx 5 stone which I have done with shakes but I don't know how to do it with food.
Thank you
please stick with it and keep going! I know it is really hard when you don't see results but when I first started it took FOUR weeks to see those goddamn scales move. I just think our bodies take a while to catch up sometimes. I'm a year down the line and I've lost 3 stone. Patience really is a huge part of this weight loss journey!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
please stick with it and keep going! I know it is really hard when you don't see results but when I first started it took FOUR weeks to see those goddamn scales move. I just think our bodies take a while to catch up sometimes. I'm a year down the line and I've lost 3 stone. Patience really is a huge part of this weight loss journey!
Definitely needed to read this today, thank you

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hello everyone..

Thank you
You are already doing the right thing, the weight loss will happen. Try to up your exercise, an hours walking a day is more calories burned and an hour not sitting at home thinking about food. Try to stay off the scales for the time being and go by your clothes. If you have something that is uncomfortably tight but you can get on, use that item as your gauge. Don't give up, it might take longer than shakes but shakes weren't successful as you're back where you started. The weight didn't go on overnight so it isn't going to come off overnight either.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I finished hypnosis two weeks ago and finally felt in control of my eating. I started eating three proper meals a day. No snacking or bingeing and didn't want junk food at all. In fact I still don't.
This alone is huge progress, IMO. It took me weeks/if not months to stop the cravings and feel satisfied on three meals.

Your next step is to start measuring these meals and making sure they fit into your caloric allowance. Log on here every day and share your struggles and successes. It really does help.

Take it stone by stone, pound by pound. Set mini goals. It took me 5 weeks to lose 1 stone. 6 weeks to lose the 2nd stone. And it looks like I'll hit the 3rd stone in 7 weeks. I still have (at least) another 2 stone to go after that. I tell myself that after every stone I can take a break if I need it; I haven't needed it yet. The more success I see, the more motivated I am to get to the next mini goal.

As far as I know, none of us are doing anything special beyond counting calories and trying to move our bodies more. You've already got a head start, you can do this!! šŸ’Ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Some fab advice here its amazing the power the sad step has to make or break our day or week.
I know I'm guilty of letting it get me a bit down last week.
Had few days where enjoyed q few drinks always fancy bottle fizz or beer when weathers nice.
This morning scale is back to where it should be so was hormones or water retention I think.
Going to try be really good next few days and see if can get down to 81kg.
Baby steps 1kg at a time.
Only options if get stuck is add more high intensity exercise or maybe do 5 2 alongside cal counting.
For now I'm sticking with cal counting and walking.
Its been tricky week as kids back so taken dog on shorter very early mornings walks I hate 6am.
Yesterday met up with family for long awaiting picnic at park but I had low cal sandwich. Apple and tiny bit of cake.
Enjoyed home made lasagne last night.
Need to do small aldi shop today check got enough healthy snacks keep me going until end of month .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yesterday the sad step (stealing that name I love it @fireflies šŸ¤£) told me Iā€™d gained 5lbs after eating almost up to maintenance a few days this week because of going out and generally just feeling a bit meh so listening to my body and giving it extra fuel. I was super disheartened at the ā€œgainā€ since Iā€™d made sure I didnā€™t go over maintenance. This morning Iā€™m back down to exactly the same as I was on Friday before going out. Absolutely no damage done. Definitely recommend putting the sad step away for periods of time, it doesnā€™t tell the full story and the tiniest things can lead to such a fluctuation!

ETA - definitely recommend knowing your maintenance kcals! I have that and my deficit in a note on my phone. Gives me some kind of guideline if Iā€™m having a slump day and my body just needs more (particularly on my period Iā€™ll go more towards this number!). Obviously try to stick to the 500 deficit but if you need to go over itā€™s good to know where you can go to without losing control (any BED sufferers like myself, the guidance is crucial!šŸ˜…)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yesterday the sad step (stealing that name I love it @fireflies šŸ¤£) told me Iā€™d gained 5lbs after eating almost up to maintenance a few days this week because of going out and generally just feeling a bit meh so listening to my body and giving it extra fuel. I was super disheartened at the ā€œgainā€ since Iā€™d made sure I didnā€™t go over maintenance. This morning Iā€™m back down to exactly the same as I was on Friday before going out. Absolutely no damage done. Definitely recommend putting the sad step away for periods of time, it doesnā€™t tell the full story and the tiniest things can lead to such a fluctuation!
Iā€™ve always found that a sudden jump up of a few lbs is never real weight gain, itā€™s always hormonal or just water and bloating from eating too much and it does come off usually for me within a couple of days. Itā€™s when the weight goes up over a longer period of time itā€™s normally actual weight gain, for me anyway. Iā€™m glad you weighed again and that no damage has been done, I think itā€™s really valuable to learn how the scales fluctuate xx

Reactions: 7
Iā€™ve always found that a sudden jump up of a few lbs is never real weight gain, itā€™s always hormonal or just water and bloating from eating too much and it does come off usually for me within a couple of days. Itā€™s when the weight goes up over a longer period of time itā€™s normally actual weight gain, for me anyway. Iā€™m glad you weighed again and that no damage has been done, I think itā€™s really valuable to learn how the scales fluctuate xx
Yep Iā€™m the same! And I knew it was just bloating and water but still felt a bit rubbish after! Definitely always good to keep in mind but I was very glad that it went away just as quickly as it came!šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Definitely. I never weighed myself, just went by clothing but when I hit perimenopause I started weighting myself everyday and noticed that i was gaining 5lb overnight. After 3 to 4 days it disappeared.

Reactions: 5

ETA - definitely recommend knowing your maintenance kcals! I have that and my deficit in a note on my phone. Gives me some kind of guideline if Iā€™m having a slump day and my body just needs more (particularly on my period Iā€™ll go more towards this number!). Obviously try to stick to the 500 deficit but if you need to go over itā€™s good to know where you can go to without losing control (any BED sufferers like myself, the guidance is crucial!šŸ˜…)
Thanks cant take credit Joe wickes calls it the sad step and I thought how apt.
I think the point about sudden wait gain could well be bloating it hormone.
I'm hoping now the months moving on I will start to see results as felt really flat last week and I'm sure was the hormones.

Some things learnt over the last year or so..
Yesterday mad panic as seeing family i haven't seen since last summer and I gained 2 stone.
I dident want to look like I had put on 2 stone.
Last summer I treated myself to a animal print dress for some reason I find animals print or a pattern slimming.
I love leopard print, stripes and floral but love floral on black background.
Often a print can distract from size.
I find dresses easier to wear and look slimming and separates when bigger i find much trickier.
its tempting go massive oversized dresses/ tops or floaty draper long length cardigans but for some reason has opposite visual effect makes me look bigger.
When you put on weight its tricky with clothes as you have stuff you love in wardrobe taunting you as it doesn't fit but also you reluctant waste money buying bigger size as in your head your losing weight and its waste of money.
Except its not you should feel good now.
So I'm not saying go shopping mad.
But charity shops, sales supermarkets just invest in few peices for now that make you feel good.
I recently brought leopard print leggings supermarkets and nice black jumper.
Good quality high waisted jeans or leggings make me feel better as does well fitting underwear.
Another thing you can embrace is shoes and jewellery.
Also hair and makeup can pick me up if feeling bad about myself.
Its important to say you worth the effort and not say I won't look good when I'm skinny.
You deserve to look at feel nice whatever size you are.
tit clothes and hair will just make you feel more tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.