Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had a completely tit and disappointing day. I think I’ll give myself to day off of counting/stressing and just eat the chocolate and go to bed. Tomorrow I can try again.
Sorry Sven. Hope tomorrow is a better day and you feel a bit brighter.

Reactions: 3
Hi all 🙋‍♀️ I have around a stone to lose

I'm planning to calorie count and walk every day
I knew I wasn't moving much but I ordered a cheapo fake fitbit and was shocked to see I'd do 1k steps a day with wfh so I'm aiming for 10k a day now
I also really want to up my fruit and veg as it's so easy to graze on beige crap from the kitchen cupboards instead of making myself proper meals!

I'm officially starting tomorrow, had a meltdown today as I moved house a few weeks ago. It's on a hill and every floor seems to be uneven with the scale giving me a different number 🤣 just going to pick a tile and stick to it!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve had a completely tit and disappointing day. I think I’ll give myself to day off of counting/stressing and just eat the chocolate and go to bed. Tomorrow I can try again.
We all have off days (and I think we deserve them too). Tomorrow is a new day and everything feels better after a good sleep. Don't be too hard on yourself

Reactions: 4
Thank you.
It’s just been so tit and the thought of attempting some kind of exercise makes me want to cry!
I've had an off few days too. Ate over my calories 2 day in a row. My dad took a picture of me at the beach and I think i look ugly in it 🥺

Its all about getting up the next day and trying again and not giving up 💗

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I've had an off few days too. Ate over my calories 2 day in a row. My dad took a picture of me at the beach and I think i look ugly in it 🥺

Its all about getting up the next day and trying again and not giving up 💗
I confess has off the rails day yesterday.
But saying that I ate my tdde amount which is maintenance.
If it takes 3500 calorie deficit in a week to lose 1 lb then surely takes reverse to gain 1lb.
So try not to panic if you have 1 bad day.
I'm trying to think in that mindset.
Yesterday made Mexican feast for family and had a few beers and just been feeling down maybe hormones so thought I need a break.

Just about take dog on long walk.
Doing roast dinner for tea and probably have salad for lunch.
The weathers still nice here and hoping in few days I will start see a drop as do feel bit bloated.
Next weeks going be hard as in order to keep up exercise regime I'm going have to walk the dog at 6am I'm not a morning person.
But I have keep the faith that I'm not some freak nature and if I keep my calories low and keep doing 10k plus steps a day then results will follow.
I have different results my scales depending which tile its sat on I take the lowest.

Good luck anyone just starting out.
Think I'm day 35 now and lost 6lb in total.

Reactions: 11
0.5 off for me this week, but that means I’ve reached a 2 stone weight loss in 8 weeks. Super proud of myself. Zero takeaways, no binges and have calorie counted every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What are your fave herbs/spices to jazz up veg? I have a load of broccoli and cauliflower to use up before they go off. 🥦

Reactions: 2
I have become so unmotivated with lockdowns/covid and have been struggling mentally throughout. managed to gain nearly 3 stone by binge eating a load of crap. I feel disgusting and I am so annoyed with myself that I have let this happen. Hopefully I will find the motivation and support I need on here!

• Heart
Thanks thats a useful link.
I'm the past I haven't had always good experience with dieting and food so trying form a healthy balance where nothing is banned and its sustainable .
Thats why this time round taken approach i have done based on fact

I don't have the cash for gym or trainer right now.
I don't have childcare for the toddler.
I don't want spend lot money on expensive diet when I think about the money I wasted on slimming world.

Managed 8.5 l steps already today.
Taking kids to park this afternoon.
Aiming to eat no more than 1500 cals and do around 1500 of exercise which is basically all calories Samsung health says I used all day some via walking others existing.

I remember watching biggest loser and some weeks contestant wouldn't lose much.
Guess you can't lose big every week but since week 1 I guess I'm week 5 now its been so slow.
I'm trying say to myself every morning when get upset with scales keep going it will pay off.
Has be a life style change not short term plan that I jump on off and never quite reach target and give up.
If I lose 1lb a week thats 52lb in a year.
Its taken me a year put on 2 stone I guess I have accept may take year all come off.
Just with everything opening up and freinds and family wanting to meet up I want to feel good about myself and look nice.
The weight gain definate reduced my confidence im really unhappy with myself when I look in the mirror.
Samsung health says my bmi is overweight category which makes me more vulnerable to covid or other conditions.
Yet when I tell others I'm unhappy they say I'm not fat even though I'm now a size 16 not very tall and small build.
I guess they trying make me feel better and I'm uk average size some people carry weight different and for me I don't like being size I am.
Heard on radio they may get rid of bmi as upsets people knowing they big.

Kids return school next week so might try add a run next week and couple you tube workouts, reduce carbs and drink more water and see if that helps..
Its hard just focus on me as well as manage 4kids.
Oh boy! I can relate so much to all of this. I’m a mom and wife and have definitely been there.
Let me give you a ray of hope or inspiration - at least this is my intentions.

I started my weight loss journey in Nov. of 2016 when I said I’ve had ENOUGH. I had packed on the weight after having a child and was miserable with myself. Any how, it took me until 2019 to lose 110 lbs ( 49.89 Kilograms). I’ve kept it off too. Even during COVID Lockdowns I managed to only put back on 15 lbs - not bad considering the situation.

now here’s my biggest advice to you right now:

STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF!!!!!
You are literally going to drive yourself mad. Why? Well… The scale is kind of bullshit. Hear me out…One day I’ll go weigh myself and I’ll be my normal current weight… Then the next day if I weigh myself… I may weigh 2 to 3 pounds more or less depending on water, digestion, food etc.

Weighing yourself more than once every few weeks or month is only gonna drive you insane. It is unhealthy.

Stay working out and moving your body, eating properly and with proper portions and trust me… Give it time. You will lose all the weight and then some. Slow and steady wins the race. You do want sustainable lasting weight loss and not fad dieting correct?

it’s all in the words too...

LIFEstyle >>>>> DIEt

Anything promising you magical weight loss in large numbers quickly is either a gimmick, or completely unsustainable and you will gain it all back and then some.

Anddddd, last but not least don’t take BMI too seriously either. I do Barre (form of ballet and Pilates) every day and in the last year I’ve put on 15 lbs in muscle mass and according to my BMI I’m “overweight” yet I just turned 30 and I’m in the best shape of my life.

Mind over matter baby!!!! Change your mind & change your life!
Cheering you on girl! You got this babe!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It could be @fireflies - I do track my cycle but not so good at linking up what happens on the scales with my cycle yet. I can see that my numbers are good for CICO so I am sure a loss will come eventually - and I am sure it will for you too!

I've also just updated my nutracheck to make my goal just 1kg and changed my cals to 1lbs loss a week so hopefully that might help me plan a bit better and I'll feel more motivated by hitting mini goals a couple of weeks at a time.
It's important to weigh yourself everyday when trying to learn your cycle. I was gaining 5lb in 24 hours, imagine if I hadn't have been tracking everyday, I would have been so depressed with that but because I knew what I had weighed the day before I was fine about it. I am Peri menopausal so my weight fluctuations are probably more extreme than they used to be.

Reactions: 8
I confess has off the rails day yesterday.
But saying that I ate my tdde amount which is maintenance.
If it takes 3500 calorie deficit in a week to lose 1 lb then surely takes reverse to gain 1lb.
So try not to panic if you have 1 bad day.
I'm trying to think in that mindset.
Yesterday made Mexican feast for family and had a few beers and just been feeling down maybe hormones so thought I need a break.

Just about take dog on long walk.
Doing roast dinner for tea and probably have salad for lunch.
The weathers still nice here and hoping in few days I will start see a drop as do feel bit bloated.
Next weeks going be hard as in order to keep up exercise regime I'm going have to walk the dog at 6am I'm not a morning person.
But I have keep the faith that I'm not some freak nature and if I keep my calories low and keep doing 10k plus steps a day then results will follow.
I have different results my scales depending which tile its sat on I take the lowest.

Good luck anyone just starting out.
Think I'm day 35 now and lost 6lb in total.
See.... that right there shows you that everything I just told you is true and correct. Take the scale with a grain of salt. Keep your eye on the prize and stay focused. It gets easier. Also… Meal prepping for the week it’s a game changer for us moms and wives. It makes it effortless for me to choose good things to eat instead of either not eating enough or eating quick unhealthy options.
YOU ARE DOING AMAZING SWEETIE! 😊

What are your fave herbs/spices to jazz up veg? I have a load of broccoli and cauliflower to use up before they go off. 🥦
Organic butter and herb blend from Kinders.
“Buttery Steakhouse” blend by John Kinder. Goes well and tastes great - no salt either :)
Not sure if you get that in the UK but it’s affordable and lasts a long time comes in a large shaker bottle.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
See.... that right there shows you that everything I just told you is true and correct. Take the scale with a grain of salt. Keep your eye on the prize and stay focused. It gets easier. Also… Meal prepping for the week it’s a game changer for us moms and wives. It makes it effortless for me to choose good things to eat instead of either not eating enough or eating quick unhealthy options.
YOU ARE DOING AMAZING SWEETIE! 😊

Organic butter and herb blend from Kinders.
“Buttery Steakhouse” blend by John Kinder. Goes well and tastes great - no salt either :)
Not sure if you get that in the UK but it’s affordable and lasts a long time comes in a large shaker bottle.
Disney_Mom can I hire you as my personal cheerleader please?! LOVE your vibe <3

• Heart
I cut up cauliflower in to florets (could do with both!) I then put a little bit of sesame oil in a bowl with paprika and garlic powder and some chilli flakes, shake them up in it and then roast in the oven. I dip that in to bbq sauce - it’s so delicious!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I make it into mash with a good dollop of light Philadelphia herb.or I make spicy cauliflower bites with a Cajun or fajita herb mix.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I make it into mash with a good dollop of light Philadelphia herb.or I make spicy cauliflower bites with a Cajun or fajita herb mix.
Ohh I will have to try it mashed with some philly! I've only made mash once by just blending the cooked cauliflower and it was edible but not great

Roasted cauliflower is amazing 🤤 I like to coat the florets with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley as a side to go with anything
And I love it coated in turmeric and garam masala just as a snack

• Heart
Ohh I will have to try it mashed with some philly! I've only made mash once by just blending the cooked cauliflower and it was edible but not great

Roasted cauliflower is amazing 🤤 I like to coat the florets with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley as a side to go with anything
And I love it coated in turmeric and garam masala just as a snack
If you’re calories allow I add some potatoes too as it gives it more a mash texture and taste. Tend to go half potatoes and half broccoli and cauliflower and I roughly mash or use a ricer. I think blending might make it too purée like.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.