Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PepsiCherry

VIP Member
OK bit weird one.i track calories burnt and steps on Samsung health app on phone.
I then sync with mfp.
I don't always eat my exercise cals that's on treat day.
Usually burn least 1500 cals a day.
Mfp has me on 1380 target but most days I go over some days slightly to 1500 but last few days honestly more like 1800.
I worked out tdee calculator maintainance 2010 so anything under i guess means I should not gain weight just not lose as quickly or as much.
Last 3 days scales been going downward even on 1700 to 1800.
Whats going on?
I am walking a fair number of steps but lots say they don't exercise cals.
I put my calories in from exercise manually on mfp from my Samsung active 2 watch.

Do you burn 1500 without moving or is that from exercise alone ?

Sven

VIP Member
1200 is too low, you have a young child and a job. Our bodies need fuel to function and women need cholesterol in their diet to manufacture hormones.
I was doing 1500 before but getting nowhere. Do you think I should just continue that way?

Notworthy

VIP Member
I'm in a mood. I stopped tracking for like a week and a half. Still not going mental, walking lots, exercise etc. Put on just under 3kg. I know people say oh you didn't put it on in a day so it takes time to come off. I literally do put it on so quickly. So back to tracking. Which is going to be tricky as things open back up, going away for the bank holiday etc.

Any tips for cuisines that aren't horrendously calorific but still tasty? I was thinking sushi as then at least it won't be deep fried.
Sushi isn't really filling though, check the satiety index for filling foods.

Notworthy

VIP Member
If I exercise every day for 30 mins (weights and HIIT alternating) does that count as moderate? I don’t know.

Actually. I’ve just put in moderate and it’s not so different. Im currently eating 1500. Should I be having more then? I’m not losing weight despite having that and exercising.
How do you feel on 1500, is it a level that you can maintain easily or are you starving.

Sven

VIP Member
I've got the same weight range too, I'm aiming for 11st. I think I'd struggle to 10st
Same. I’d have to basically not eat ever to do that. I think 11 stone would be my happy weight - i got to that around my wedding (I’ve since had a child so I know that it may be very difficult to go back to that, damn hips!!!)

Sven

VIP Member
No, I’m aiming for a 1000 cal a day deficit to lose 2lb a week so cals are a bit lower but I’m finding it doable so far 🤞🏻

———————————————————————
I’ve been vvvvv sick today for some reason and feel totally crap 🤢 so no exercise for me today, trying to keep hydrated but I’ve been to the shop for comfort food, chicken dippers and potato smilies 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ The plainest thing I could think of, baby food always makes me feel better haha
See by me doing 1500 I should be around there but nothing is happening for me. It’s a shame because I have so much to lose still and I’ve been stuck for over a month on the same weight give or take a lb

Notworthy

VIP Member
Hello, I've just joined the thread-I've read this one right through and some of your losses and methods have motivated me to join! I have 4ish stones to lose. I've been following a loose no refined carbs way of eating, which hasn't been working, so I'm getting a bit stricter. I'm doing 2 hours (2 x 1hr) of circuits/weights a week and adding in cardio when classes can restart in May. I can't run any longer until I've lost a couple of stones. My TDEE seems to be 2384 and MFP have calculated me 1700cal per day. Is it as siple as trying it and seeing how it goes? Thank you in anticipation of your kind guidance!
Pretty much that simple.

Hey all, I’m new to this thread! 👋 I’m a healthy weight but not as toned as I would like to be, so there is room for improvement. I wanted to ask if any of you guys have tried cutting out dairy products for quicker weight loss? I’m obsessed with cheese and yogurt but I thought it might be stopping my progress. I eat quite healthily apart from that - no sugar, grains, potatoes or pasta. Do you think I should try quitting dairy?

Do you do much exercise? Weightlifting (doesn't need to be heavy weights) would probably be your best bet if you want to tone up rather than lose much weight.
I jog every day for about an hour and do some ab and chest exercises, but I’m an hourglass meaning I store my extra weight in my boobs, hips and tummy. 🙄 I want to work on this areas but it’s haaard.

Last edited:

Sven

VIP Member
If I’m having a rest day does that mean I should only have 1200 cals? I’m having 1570 as I exercise every day.

Hope96

VIP Member
Does anyone have some good alternative suggestions to crisps? I try not to buy them but if I do one pack is never enough. I just want something savoury to snack on!

Sven

VIP Member
I do similar exercise to you, 30mins daily of alternating cardio and weights and putting that in as moderate exercise on TDEE calculator gives me my current calorie allowance in MFP, which has given me a consistent loss. So although I’m not an expert I would say yes? Hope that ramble helps 😂
Are you having around 1800?

I feel like I eat a lot more when I'm on earlies. Ive got the added problem of having to eat after 8pm when my son gets home so I now split my breakfast and lunch into smaller meals and have 2 of each, more like snacks, fortunately on lates I only have 2 meals, late breakfast and my 'lunch' at 7 then no dinner and weekends I have late breakfast and then dinner so it balances out. It's quite hard when you start work early to eat sensibly as it feels like such a long day
that makes sense, thank you!

Notworthy

VIP Member
No one should use sedentary TDEE unless you are bedridden all day every day with a mobility issue or injury. If you’re calculating sedentary TDEE then there’s no way you would ever implement a 500 cal deficit. Most people’s sedentary TDEE -500 would take them way below their BMR which is unhealthy and dangerous.

At very least you should be using lightly active and in that case yes, you should definitely be walking to increase your NEAT. I can’t see a person who wouldn’t benefit from walking daily.
I think you've missed the point there. If I use moderate exercise to get my maintenance calories, I can eat over 2000 calories -500 for weight loss gives me 1500 calories however I've overestimated my activity level and have a Sedentary job with no exercise that raises my heart rate and 1500 calories is actually my maintenance allowance so I'm not going to lose any weight because even though I think I'm in a 500 calorie deficit, I'm actualy not, I'm just eating what I need.