Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jc456

VIP Member
I am a big fan of MFP (400 day streak 👌) and you can create recipes and add the ingredients, I tend to do it as I go. I find it really, really useful. I've got most of the meals I cook added as recipes now, it can be a little time consuming at first to put them in but I tend to cook the same meals so it's great to have them to hand without starting again every time.
Can you link it to say a BBC good food recipe? I find I have smaller portions and then the kids will have seconds so never really know how many portions per recipe I'm getting

Reactions: 1

Sven

VIP Member
Omg I know it’s so different haha I do like 10 mins on the treadmill and I’m like eugh ok that’s enough not today 😂 I go out for a walk outside in any weather now cos the treadmill is just not an option anymore
I listened to podcasts for a while but I found myself counting down the seconds, it really was awful. With HIIT or strength I use apple fitness and I’m not counting down at all!

just wondering if anyone has any scale recommendations? i think it’s where i’m going wrong because i know it takes time to see results but i wanna be able to track it, does that make sense?
i’m looking for a cheapish one that does the body fat % etc :)

Sven

VIP Member
I messed up today and measured out all my ingredients for dinner and forgot to press save so I had to basically bodge it and pray I’m not too far over my calories. D’oh!!!

hahaha62

Afternoon guys and gals. I’ve got quite a few pages to catch up but I remember a while back a couple of you mentioned an online work out programme. I have Jennifer Genovi but google is goving me nothing - any one know what I’m talking about? 😂 xx

101d

VIP Member
Thanks i get so confused as 500 below tdde is 1510.
My fitness pal has allocated me 1340 as keeps decreasing each 1lb I lose.
Also not entirely sure on tdee calculator i am sedentary i walk least 10k steps a day sometimes walk dog hour a day and burn average total for day 1500.
So mfp takes that 1500 as exercise.
The amount exercise I do each day varies.
So if I ate 1800 cals today and Samsung health says I burnt 1500 and tdde meant be 2010 would I be in enough deficit lose 1lb a week?
Have you tried Nutracheck? I didn't get on with MFP but managing to lose with NutraCheck and way less confusing (for me)

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
So I was at least 2 stone overweight when I got pregnant but here’s my progress.

Top pics i’m 15 stone 3.5 (heaviest I’ve ever been in my life 😬) bottom pics I’m 12 stone 8. So currently I’m 13 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight.

View attachment 590981
My target weight is 11 7, which would still have me at overweight so if/once I reach it I’m gonna see how I feel. The mum tum is gonna take some shifting but after having 3 children I’m trying to learn to accept my body shape. Weight always comes off my waist first and then I carry more on my bum and thighs.
You look amazing!

Sven

VIP Member
Could you try a couple of days at 1200 and stay at 1500 the rest of the week. I have a small child and work too and some days I’m so exhausted I just need sugar and caffeine to function. This week I’ve tried this and I find it more manageable and I was less likely to fall off the wagon.
I usually have a couple of days around 1300-1400 because sometimes it just works out like that. I need to get better at eating lunches. Because I’m at work and I don’t get a break I have to eat at my desk and I’m just so bored of making lunches so I end up eating Greek yoghurt and apple and some nuts or a soup and fruit and leaving it at that.

Lola UK

VIP Member
What about rice cakes? Snackajacks? Or rice cakes with a thin layer of cream cheese as a snack 👌🏻

Notworthy

VIP Member
Thank you-I wasn't sure if I was over simplifying it and missing something. It's not going to be easy, but I'll start tomorrow and see how I go.
If you find 500 deficit is too much of a struggle do 250 and work up from there. It's slower but if you can sustain it then it will be more beneficial long term.

Sven

VIP Member
I feel you, any strength training for whatever reason means my scales don’t budge! I get the body composition changing but my actual weight needs to go down too so I’m in a healthy weight range. I’m very results orientated and the scales not moving can be really demotivating.

interested to see what 4 weeks of just cardio will do on the body coach
It is demotivating ! I can’t really tell much difference so far. I just don’t know why I’m struggling so much with it. I’m working really really hard!

Notworthy

VIP Member
I haven't been following the thread avidly just dipping in and out, but have had a bit of a personal revelation and decision lately to stop a full on weight loss attempt. I've been doing it for years, it comes off very slowly for me - I do think due to my thyroid condition. Although I'm on medication doc has admitted its not at the best it could be (but they don't like to alter medication too much if you aren't have too many symptoms). Basically, I want to feel more at ease with myself and my body and while I'm trying quite actively for weight loss, I end up having a lot of negative days and negative thoughts about it.

Now I'll be focusing on the healthy living component more of the thread title! Going to be more focused on eating as much nutritionally rich food as possible, getting more fruit and veg into my diet, making a more varied range of meals and more focus on exercise once the gym reopens here (end of the week yeees!) with fitness goals rather than weight loss ones.
I posted a recipe on here, would it be a good idea to have a recipe section that encompasses healthy, quick food.
I actually changed the recipe a little and worked out the calories myself so we could post the original recipe and our take on it.

Lollypad

VIP Member
I count absolutely everything. Especially milk because it’s actually really easy to guess incorrectly and if you have a few hot drinks it quickly adds up 😬
Yeah I try to count tea particularly because I haven’t a sugar in it. It’s not that many calories tbf it’s just good to know where they are.

i always get peckish at night so i make sure to save calories up for evening snacks. i also don’t eat till midday so have a late ‘breakfast’ and eat most of my food at night as that is when i like to eat and am most hungry. also always recommend higher volume foods, i snack on fruit and veg in the day and save calories for treats for after dinner x
the annoying thing is, i do exactly this!! it’s almost as if the evening snacks make me hungrier

Moonflower

Chatty Member
Hello everyone, I'm new to this thread but not to counting calories/ weight loss.ugh 😆
What app do you use to track your weightloss? I used to have True Weight or Happy Scale. I liked those as they charted an average and plot trends but they are not available on android or not updated any more. I track calories with MFP.
I use Libra, very simple and easy to use.

Ooh I’m glad I’ve found this thread, I’m starting to healthy eat and get into walking more and exercising on Monday. I’m thinking of doing the couch to 5k and have some hello fresh boxes coming.

do people have any healthy snack suggestions? As that’s my downfall, and also any exercise to loose weight around my hips? I just want to loose abit of weight and tone up a little bit ❤
rice cakes and peanut butter is my fave
or yogurt and fruit🥰

• Heart

usandthem

Hey guys, long time lurker! I was wondering if you guys had any good snack ideas? Also what do you do for dessert? I have to have something sweet after dinner, and I can't just do one square of chocolate.
A piece of fruit with some nuts, Proper popcorn, couple of oatcakes with peanut butter on top, cracker with cottage cheese is what I try to snack on.

Always have to have something sweet after dinner and find if I eat dark chocolate I am satisfied with a piece or two unlike milk chocolate. Avoid buying sharing packs of anything because they are difficult to not overeat on. Always have After Eights in the cupboard- they are only 30-40 kcal each. And currently loving Solero ice lollies as they are 90-100 kcal a lolly.