Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I exercise every day for 30 mins (weights and HIIT alternating) does that count as moderate? I don’t know.

Actually. I’ve just put in moderate and it’s not so different. Im currently eating 1500. Should I be having more then? I’m not losing weight despite having that and exercising.
if you’re eating less than 1500 then you’re eating less than your BMR so I’d recommend eating more only because that’s what your body needs to function at the most basic level, it might be a slight increase to your calories actually helps you to lose a little weight if you are doing moderate exercise (or even light to be honest) you should be losing even if you ate 1600-2000 calories a day according to your TDEE results.

Reactions: 2
Are you having around 1800?
No, I’m aiming for a 1000 cal a day deficit to lose 2lb a week so cals are a bit lower but I’m finding it doable so far 🤞🏻

———————————————————————
I’ve been vvvvv sick today for some reason and feel totally crap 🤢 so no exercise for me today, trying to keep hydrated but I’ve been to the shop for comfort food, chicken dippers and potato smilies 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ The plainest thing I could think of, baby food always makes me feel better haha

• Heart
Reactions: 4
No, I’m aiming for a 1000 cal a day deficit to lose 2lb a week so cals are a bit lower but I’m finding it doable so far 🤞🏻

———————————————————————
I’ve been vvvvv sick today for some reason and feel totally crap 🤢 so no exercise for me today, trying to keep hydrated but I’ve been to the shop for comfort food, chicken dippers and potato smilies 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ The plainest thing I could think of, baby food always makes me feel better haha
See by me doing 1500 I should be around there but nothing is happening for me. It’s a shame because I have so much to lose still and I’ve been stuck for over a month on the same weight give or take a lb

take a deep breath and remind yourself that this is a long journey which means there will be set backs but also remember that tomorrow is a new day.

you can draw a line under it now & your day one begins tomorrow! You have got this.

what do you think you struggled with most? Just as a reminder, if you are eating in a deficit you will lose weight so if you have gained it seems like you may be eating in a surplus. It might be time to recalculate your TDEE and calorie needs? :)

ETA: I have just found this thread and am qualified in nutrition so am more than happy to offer support and guidance if anyone needs it.

You will probably regret offering help to people after you have read my post!!haha.

So i have always been slim and petite, at my biggest i was 9stone (and i thought i was fat then!!). Anyway, last summer i was put on medication (i have quite bad mental health issues) and i put on over 2 stone in around 6 weeks. I also have a history of using drugs, im totally clean now and have been for a year but my attitude was always "if i need to lose a few ibs then i would just take some amphetamine or cocaine", which i know is stupid and i totally regret it. But i think that caused my metabolism to become faster. Anyway, im now over 10 stone and no matter what i do i just cant lose weight. In fact im putting weight on!! And yet i have a food diary, i weigh my food, i dont over eat, and i exercise. I went to the doctor the other week as i have been period bleeding for 5 weeks. My doctor said im "chronically constipated" and im waiting for an ultrasound scan and also blood tests to check my thyroid. I do have a bit of a tit relationship with my body and i have body dysmorphia, and i honestly feel so disgusting and like a fat whale. And yet i know deep down that im healthier now than i was a year ago, but yet my body has totally changed. I do eat pretty healthy, i drink at least 2 or 3 litres of water, i dont drink alcohol, and i dont take drugs. I am honestly at my wits end with it because i just dont know what to do, or whether i need to just accept my body now? xx

• Sad
  • Heart
You will probably regret offering help to people after you have read my post!!haha.

So i have always been slim and petite, at my biggest i was 9stone (and i thought i was fat then!!). Anyway, last summer i was put on medication (i have quite bad mental health issues) and i put on over 2 stone in around 6 weeks. I also have a history of using drugs, im totally clean now and have been for a year but my attitude was always "if i need to lose a few ibs then i would just take some amphetamine or cocaine", which i know is stupid and i totally regret it. But i think that caused my metabolism to become faster. Anyway, im now over 10 stone and no matter what i do i just cant lose weight. In fact im putting weight on!! And yet i have a food diary, i weigh my food, i dont over eat, and i exercise. I went to the doctor the other week as i have been period bleeding for 5 weeks. My doctor said im "chronically constipated" and im waiting for an ultrasound scan and also blood tests to check my thyroid. I do have a bit of a tit relationship with my body and i have body dysmorphia, and i honestly feel so disgusting and like a fat whale. And yet i know deep down that im healthier now than i was a year ago, but yet my body has totally changed. I do eat pretty healthy, i drink at least 2 or 3 litres of water, i dont drink alcohol, and i dont take drugs. I am honestly at my wits end with it because i just dont know what to do, or whether i need to just accept my body now? xx
How tall are you. I was on the triple C diet for a few years and weighed 96lb at 5'7". I didn't really care about my body but when I stopped I gained 30lb, a stone of it in 2 weeks. Maybe your body is finding it's natural weight. I currently weight 68kg, about 4kg more than I'd like to but I'm not fat, just a bit of a Blobby tummy.

Reactions: 1
How tall are you. I was on the triple C diet for a few years and weighed 96lb at 5'7". I didn't really care about my body but when I stopped I gained 30lb, a stone of it in 2 weeks. Maybe your body is finding it's natural weight. I currently weight 68kg, about 4kg more than I'd like to but I'm not fat, just a bit of a Blobby tummy.
Im 5ft 3 so only small. It has just scared me because i could live with no longer being a size 6/8, and i was getting my head around being a size 10 but even they are starting to get tight on me. I know i probably sound absolutely pathetic but im 34 and all my life i was in an environment where size 10 was seen as 'average'-and not in a positive way, my mum weighs under 7stone and imo is obsessed with weight (probably why im the way i am tbh). I have never had 'puppy fat' or anything like that, i was always petite and slim, and the biggest i ever was was 9 stone when i was at uni back in 2006. The really sad thing is my partner loves my figure and is always giving me compliments, and my recovery worker told me how nice i look now but i just think they are telling me lies to keep me sweet and stop me having a meltdown. I know a lot of my issues stem from my mental health. I was even tempted to buy orlistat the other day, i didnt in the end but i was tempted to :(

• Sad
@Clairer86 I know this probably won’t sound helpful when you feel so down about your weight but it really sounds like being unable to lose weight is probably due to your health issues, I hope they are pushing forward as a priority because that doesn’t sound ok at all! Are your smears up to date etc? I would try not to let it upset you until you know what’s going on, if you’ve been essentially on a period for 5 weeks of course you won’t lose weight yet!

Reactions: 6
Im 5ft 3 so only small. It has just scared me because i could live with no longer being a size 6/8, and i was getting my head around being a size 10 but even they are starting to get tight on me. I know i probably sound absolutely pathetic but im 34 and all my life i was in an environment where size 10 was seen as 'average'-and not in a positive way, my mum weighs under 7stone and imo is obsessed with weight (probably why im the way i am tbh). I have never had 'puppy fat' or anything like that, i was always petite and slim, and the biggest i ever was was 9 stone when i was at uni back in 2006. The really sad thing is my partner loves my figure and is always giving me compliments, and my recovery worker told me how nice i look now but i just think they are telling me lies to keep me sweet and stop me having a meltdown. I know a lot of my issues stem from my mental health. I was even tempted to buy orlistat the other day, i didnt in the end but i was tempted to :(
always put your mental health first. if pressuring yourself to lose weight overwhelms you right now, do not worry about it. it’s better to lose weight when you feel mentally ready rather than putting so much pressure on yourself to change. you’re probably seeing yourself as bigger than you are as well because you’re used to a smaller weight but you don’t have to be at your smallest to be worthy

Reactions: 6
@Clairer86 I know this probably won’t sound helpful when you feel so down about your weight but it really sounds like being unable to lose weight is probably due to your health issues, I hope they are pushing forward as a priority because that doesn’t sound ok at all! Are your smears up to date etc? I would try not to let it upset you until you know what’s going on, if you’ve been essentially on a period for 5 weeks of course you won’t lose weight yet!
Im just waiting for them to send me my appointment for my scan and blood test. Is it bad of me that i dont remember the last time i had a smear? I had the coil fitted in September and im sure they did some kind of test at the same time but im not 100% sure. i have those bloody laxido sachets to drink twice a day for my constipation, oh my god they are awful and they dont seem to work! I havent given up, im still eating healthy and using my nutracheck diary and exercising to use as evidence. I was worried when i went to the doctor as i thought she would just assume i was telling lies and secret eating, but she did seem to take it serious so touch wood i will get my scan through soon :)

always put your mental health first. if pressuring yourself to lose weight overwhelms you right now, do not worry about it. it’s better to lose weight when you feel mentally ready rather than putting so much pressure on yourself to change. you’re probably seeing yourself as bigger than you are as well because you’re used to a smaller weight but you don’t have to be at your smallest to be worthy
Thankyou. I know when i think logically that im not obese but i do struggle with my body image- thats my BPD, Bipolar, Body Dysmoprhia, and perhaps the most damaging of all- my parents were obsessed with weight and size. My mum weighs less than 7 stone and still thinks she is fat, my dad is dead now but he was extremely opinionated about weight. Honestly being a size 10 was seen as being 'average and slightly big' in my house growing up. Which i know is awful but thats how i was bought up and it is ingrained in me now. I have 2 children of my own and i do try and make sure they dont see me obsess about my weight because i dont want them growing up to be like me. I just wish my parents had done the same to me and then maybe i wouldnt be like this now! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
@Laur91 thank you for your help.

MFP tells me 1200

Just done my BMR = 1209

TDEE = 1891

So I should be eating 1391 calories a day to loose weight?

Have done this today, still have 120 calories to eat and that's with even a glass to wine to use up calories. Now will eat 120 calories of rubbish to finish the day

Have done this today, still have 120 calories to eat and that's with even a glass to wine to use up calories. Now will eat 120 calories of rubbish to finish the day
you don’t have to eat your calories if you don’t feel like it, the bigger deficit you create the more weight you will lose that week for example. Some other weeks you may eat more, that’s just how life is and this way of eating is flexible and sustainable but you don’t need to stick to it rigidly.

• Heart
Just catching up.
Some fab informative and supportive posts on this thread..
Sorry to all those having a tough time and feeling crap about themselves.
So weird how the weather turning can change my mood.
Not close at all meeting fitness less than 5k steps today as rained so much.
Scales same again today.
My mum and sister visited again today went to nearby wet cold park.
I spent ages getting ready wore a new pretty floral dress with black leggings.
Lots makeup as wanted to detract from weight gain.
I felt ok I guess hard look glam when weather is so crap.

Husbands made me bacon sandwich this morning..
Had salmon salad and baked potato lunch.
But tonight made home made chicken pie and oven chips and had few beers.
So writing off today as went over on calories.
Tomorrow will aim to do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just catching up.
Some fab informative and supportive posts on this thread..
Sorry to all those having a tough time and feeling crap about themselves.
So weird how the weather turning can change my mood.
Not close at all meeting fitness less than 5k steps today as rained so much.
Scales same again today.
My mum and sister visited again today went to nearby wet cold park.
I spent ages getting ready wore a new pretty floral dress with black leggings.
Lots makeup as wanted to detract from weight gain.
I felt ok I guess hard look glam when weather is so crap.

Husbands made me bacon sandwich this morning..
Had salmon salad and baked potato lunch.
But tonight made home made chicken pie and oven chips and had few beers.
So writing off today as went over on calories.
Tomorrow will aim to do better.
your food today sounds lovely though and I hope you enjoyed every bit of it! Chicken pie is one of my all time faves! 😍

your food today sounds lovely though and I hope you enjoyed every bit of it! Chicken pie is one of my all time faves! 😍
Thanks it was tasty and healthy twist made with ready made wholemeal pastry from tesco and mcain oven chips.
So guess food wise not a disaster.
Its always booze and snacks my downfall.
Although walked less steps Samsung health said entire day burnt nearly 1500 cals.
My tdee is 2010 so guess 1500 be 500 deficit by my fitness pal has me on 1330 since lost half a stone and I'm upto 1880 so quite bit over but with total cals burnt says 880 deficit.
Never sure to account any exercise or cals used and tracked in relation to calories ate.

Attachments

you don’t have to eat your calories if you don’t feel like it, the bigger deficit you create the more weight you will lose that week for example. Some other weeks you may eat more, that’s just how life is and this way of eating is flexible and sustainable but you don’t need to stick to it rigidly.
What would you say for someone who has been sticking to 1500 and hasn’t lost more than 2lb in a month?

Im just waiting for them to send me my appointment for my scan and blood test. Is it bad of me that i dont remember the last time i had a smear? I had the coil fitted in September and im sure they did some kind of test at the same time but im not 100% sure. i have those bloody laxido sachets to drink twice a day for my constipation, oh my god they are awful and they dont seem to work! I havent given up, im still eating healthy and using my nutracheck diary and exercising to use as evidence. I was worried when i went to the doctor as i thought she would just assume i was telling lies and secret eating, but she did seem to take it serious so touch wood i will get my scan through soon :)

Thankyou. I know when i think logically that im not obese but i do struggle with my body image- thats my BPD, Bipolar, Body Dysmoprhia, and perhaps the most damaging of all- my parents were obsessed with weight and size. My mum weighs less than 7 stone and still thinks she is fat, my dad is dead now but he was extremely opinionated about weight. Honestly being a size 10 was seen as being 'average and slightly big' in my house growing up. Which i know is awful but thats how i was bought up and it is ingrained in me now. I have 2 children of my own and i do try and make sure they dont see me obsess about my weight because i dont want them growing up to be like me. I just wish my parents had done the same to me and then maybe i wouldnt be like this now! :)
completely understand and relate. there is no rush to get to any weight. it’s always best to prioritise mental and physical health before worrying about weight loss. you’re definitely not big at all but i know how it feels if you’ve been smaller and you’ve heard and seen a parent be ‘weight obsessed’. weight loss never has to be fast or a quick fix, the best approach is always slow and sustainable. when you’re ready, you can try a reasonable deficit, eat the foods you love and still enjoy yourself :) take your time and don’t be harsh on yourself for just being human!

Popping on to try and keep myself accountable before my birthday blowout next week.. the treats are already stretching over multiple days/trips out/occasions with different people 😬

Jumped on the scales this morning and I’m officially at the 3st loss mark. I can’t quite believe it. It’s weird because I know logically when I look in the mirror that I’ve lost weight but I feel like my body looks the same still (bloody hips and tops of my legs are the worst part). Thank god for baggy jeans which prove it!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What would you say for someone who has been sticking to 1500 and hasn’t lost more than 2lb in a month?
That’s a 0.5 a week loss on average, is it possible your TDEE calculation was too generous? That seems to suggest the deficit you’re eating at is approx 250 a day, if no underlying health conditions. I was reading the other day about metabolisms being damaged by years of dieting etc though and I think that might be why eating eg 1500-1600 cals doesn’t work for me even though mathematically it ought to

Ordered myself a tape measure which is due to be delivered today! Never taken my measurements before but I’m looking forward to having them to look at as well as pictures/the scales/clothes sizing!

Reactions: 4
Is anyone else colder after they've lost weight? I am freezing all the time and just cannot get warm.

@bellinibobble I know exactly what you mean. I can't see any difference at all in my mirror, despite logically knowing there is a difference! but can usually a bit more in shop mirrors. I think our brains play tricks on us.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.