Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@fireflies are you sticking to your deficit all week, or are there a lot of days you’re eating at maintenance or over? I’m not sure from your posts
Also, have you tried only weighing yourself once a week? I do find weighing daily can cause havoc, eg if I’m down a bit then I think oh cool I can afford to have a treat today, if I’ve stuck to calories but not seeing a loss then I think oh what’s the point I’ll get a take away. It seems like you need to establish whether the calories you’re eating at is the right amount for a loss and that really means you need to stick to the same number for a week and then see at the end of the week if you’ve lost. If not, then it might be time to re-evaluate the number. Thing is, if you’re eating at maintenance or over a couple of days a week, for my body that would have me maintaining as well. Some people just can’t afford to go over a bit, sadly you might be one of them like me!
Thanks i need stop daily weighing.
Weighed myself this evening in 1lb lighter down to 12 11 so no idea whats going on.
Have kept to my 1800 cals today 500 below by tdee maintainance of 2300.
Walked 15k steps so tired.
The last week has been super stressful and think that's maybe part of whats going wrong that I can't go over and lose weight.
Never struggled lose weight this much before.
I feel daunted as not even lost a whole stone yet lost 9-10lb and its been 12.5 weeks in .
I want to lose 3 stone uts daunting amount. 42lb and struggling lose a 14 a stone in 3months.
Mfp had me on too low cals 1400 a day and was starving plus I was adding in exercise

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m struggling. Since Christmas I haven’t really been strict and most definitely not in a deficit. Probably maintenance for most of the time but the past two months have been awful. I’ve been binging so much. I definitely have issues with using food as a coping mechanism.

I haven’t weighed myself as I know it will make me more upset but my jeans certainly don’t fit the same and I’d hazard a guess at about half a stone gain. I know it doesn’t sound much but I’m scared I’m going to continue piling it on. I’m so angry with myself as I was only half a stone off my target at Christmas and now I’m more like a stone.

in the past 2 years I’ve gained and lost the same two 1/2 stone three times. It seems endless.
it feels like I’ll never get a grip on this binge eating. Yesterday I ate around 4000 calories. Yes I’m one of those weirdos that logs binges too! I have to hold myself accountable somehow.

Is anyone else similar ??
I log my binges too. It helps me pretend I'm in control 😅

Thanks i need stop daily weighing.
Weighed myself this evening in 1lb lighter down to 12 11 so no idea whats going on.
Have kept to my 1800 cals today 500 below by tdee maintainance of 2300.
Walked 15k steps so tired.
The last week has been super stressful and think that's maybe part of whats going wrong that I can't go over and lose weight.
Never struggled lose weight this much before.
I feel daunted as not even lost a whole stone yet lost 9-10lb and its been 12.5 weeks in .
I want to lose 3 stone uts daunting amount. 42lb and struggling lose a 14 a stone in 3months.
Mfp had me on too low cals 1400 a day and was starving plus I was adding in exercise
I'm daily weighing too as advised by preece nutrition but I'm thinking of stopping weighing daily too.

I've got 3 stone to lose too and it's taken me 6 months to lose 15lb 😳

I completely empathise with the frustration you're feeling.

Please stick with it! I know how hard it is, but please please be patient! It took me a year to lose 42lb, so @fireflies you are right on track. I never lost more than 1lb a week, some weeks I lost nothing and some I gained, but all those small amounts do add up. You didn't gain the weight overnight so it will take time to come off too.

I have been reverse dieting recently (slowly bringing your calories up to maintenance after a long period of deficit, I was in a deficit for almost a year but then my weight loss slowed down, I have 10lb left to get to my goal). I was very cynical and the science behind it is very mixed, but I am really happy and loving the extra food!

I've brought my calories up from 1500/1600 a day by 100 a week and am at 2000 a day currently. In that time my weight has stayed completely stable, because I did it so gradually. Worth thinking of for any of you who have cut your calories down and been in a deficit for a long period of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks for sharing that @Moonflower - it’s good to hear from someone who has made it to the other side and all sounds sensible, very pleased for you 🙌🏻 Hopefully that will be me in a couple of months.

Can I ask a question? Have you continued to exercise during this? More or less than you would have done during your weight loss period?

Reactions: 2
Thanks for sharing that @Moonflower - it’s good to hear from someone who has made it to the other side and all sounds sensible, very pleased for you 🙌🏻 Hopefully that will be me in a couple of months.

Can I ask a question? Have you continued to exercise during this? More or less than you would have done during your weight loss period?
of course! I've exercised all the way through. At the start I did walking, weight lifting with dumbbells and pilates. I am a figure skater so when my rink closed in lockdown I turned the walking into running, twice a week. At the start of this year I got bored of pilates so swapped that for the epic programme on youtube (mostly weights with a bit of HIIT, 5 days a week).

Unpopular opinion I know but I actually don't think the exercise has made that much of a difference to my weight loss. If anything in some cases it has hindered it because I know that I retain water like mad and weight lifting has been bad for that (for me). However it has been incredibly helpful for my crippling anxiety in this last crappy year and I am more toned than I've ever been so I am glad I did it, but my weight loss is 90% down to what I have eaten. I have pretty strong feelings about this - I've never eaten my exercise calories back and I don't track calories burned through exercise.

Should have added that I'm going to go back in a deficit in a week or so now that my metabolism has stabilised at the higher calories to try and shift the last few pounds, but because I've raised them I won't need to go into such a steep deficit again (I hope! It has worked so far so I've no reason to doubt that it will). I'm also tracking my macros in addition to my calories.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Jeez I'm having a hungry day today. Weird how sometimes it just hits you! I decided to have some full meals so even though my kcal might be higher overall it'll stop me snacking on junk. I'm in a really tit space right now with wedding stuff and being stressed out. I'm also about to have a two week holiday somewhere else in Scotland. I'm hoping the amount of walking we'll be doing (mountains/cycling etc) should hopefully negate it a wee bit. However feel like there will be a lot of eating out. 4 weeks before my wedding and after my final fitting was probably not my smartest move.

Oh well!

Also I'm stressing because my dressmaker said not to do any weights/swimming as it can cause your back muscles to change but I think realistically I'm not going to see that much change in 4 weeks. So I'm just going to keep going with my weights etc.

I've started using the Libra scales app instead of using MFP for daily weighing - so far I really recommend it! It gives you trend lines and predictions rather than just misery when your weight is fluctating a lot so you can see the bigger picture. Just for anyone who prefers to daily weigh but also finds it difficult!

Reactions: 6
I've been a bit slack at replying to this thread lately. Currently have lost a total of 39.5 pounds in 22 weeks so Im doing something right i guess. It feels like my head hasn't caught up though because I still perceive myself as being as big (if not bigger than I was to start with) 😔 none of my clothes really fit because I've lost weight, and I don't want to buy any clothes until I'm finished losing weight so I think wearing the same clothes isn't helping my head, because they are too big and adding bulk (I'm only 5'0 so look like I'm wearing my husbands or Dad's clothes 😂)
Due my period in the next few days and feeling like a bloated carb craving gremlin 😂

Reactions: 8
of course! I've exercised all the way through. At the start I did walking, weight lifting with dumbbells and pilates. I am a figure skater so when my rink closed in lockdown I turned the walking into running, twice a week. At the start of this year I got bored of pilates so swapped that for the epic programme on youtube (mostly weights with a bit of HIIT, 5 days a week).

Unpopular opinion I know but I actually don't think the exercise has made that much of a difference to my weight loss. If anything in some cases it has hindered it because I know that I retain water like mad and weight lifting has been bad for that (for me). However it has been incredibly helpful for my crippling anxiety in this last crappy year and I am more toned than I've ever been so I am glad I did it, but my weight loss is 90% down to what I have eaten. I have pretty strong feelings about this - I've never eaten my exercise calories back and I don't track calories burned through exercise.

Should have added that I'm going to go back in a deficit in a week or so now that my metabolism has stabilised at the higher calories to try and shift the last few pounds, but because I've raised them I won't need to go into such a steep deficit again (I hope! It has worked so far so I've no reason to doubt that it will). I'm also tracking my macros in addition to my calories.
Thank you so much for your answer! The epic programme sounds good, I’ll have to look into that.

I totally agree, and they do say you can’t outrun a bad diet! I am doing lots of exercise at the moment so was just a bit concerned that when I don’t have as much free time it could throw a spanner in the works, but I don’t think I need to worry too much.

Good luck with your last few lbs!! Keep us updated 🤩

———————————————————————
Thought I’d share a non scale victory:
My Fitbit cardio fitness level is currently ‘good to very good’. When I first got my Fitbit (late Jan, early Feb) it was in the pink section right at the end (poor to fair). Regardless of the weight loss, knowing I’m generally fitter and healthier is so amazing 😁 15lbs to go until target 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
1216062F-7084-43CA-8C87-E9670D4537CA.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I disagree regarding exercise. I took my foot off the pedal Feb to May, did some long walks but no real running ( was running 42 to 50k a week) I've gained 3kg since Feb. Not a huge amount but 1kg a month, back to running again now, 5k a day minimum.

I went for a run today and omg I was SO HOT. It wasn’t long and I did a workout with my dumbbells after. I LOVE how I can run now. I also think I’m changing shape now. When I put my hand on my hip I feel far less fat than was there before. I also think my little roll on the side has nearly gone. I can also feel muscles in my arms now and I am loving that.
I haven’t weighed since nearly 2 weeks ago because of my eating in half term. But I’m feeling pretty good health wise.
When I’m at work I’m able to keep myself strict as I’m busy. When I’m home like in half term I struggle to do it.
I’m deciding whether to weigh tomorrow or leave it another week. I get disheartened easily when the scales don’t reflect how I feel.
I have a baby shower to go to in July and there are a lot of glam people there (the type who say it’s casual then turn up in a party dress) so I’m hoping to be able to look nice then.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi all 👋🏾 Came here from the Katie hayes thread thanks to @bellinibobble

quick one so I have calorie counter where I put all my food in and it says I should have 1700 cals a day but my weight where I also put my weight on says to loose 3 stone by September I should eat 1200

I did do that tddr or what ever it’s called and I just couldn’t get my head round it!
Please help a girl out I need to lose 9 stone by next March for a major op and actual thinking of having a gastric sleeve. But want to try this first xx cheers gals

• Heart
Hi all 👋🏾 Came here from the Katie hayes thread thanks to @bellinibobble

quick one so I have calorie counter where I put all my food in and it says I should have 1700 cals a day but my weight where I also put my weight on says to loose 3 stone by September I should eat 1200

I did do that tddr or what ever it’s called and I just couldn’t get my head round it!
Please help a girl out I need to lose 9 stone by next March for a major op and actual thinking of having a gastric sleeve. But want to try this first xx cheers gals
1200 is very low and most likely unsustainable tbh. For a lot of people it can make it harder as it’s so restrictive. Tdee is basically just your maintenance calories ie the calories you need to maintain your current weight. From that number you can subtract a couple of hundred and then you’ve got your deficit. Most people tend to subtract 250-500

• Heart
1200 is very low and most likely unsustainable tbh. For a lot of people it can make it harder as it’s so restrictive. Tdee is basically just your maintenance calories ie the calories you need to maintain your current weight. From that number you can subtract a couple of hundred and then you’ve got your deficit. Most people tend to subtract 250-500
Thanks yes I think the 1700 one is the better one that’s what I did I took 500 or so it should have been 2200 x

Thanks yes I think the 1700 one is the better one that’s what I did I took 500 or so it should have been 2200 x
ah that’s good! I’ve done 1200 in the past and it just led me to fall off the wagon. Wouldn’t recommend lol. Good luck !!

• Heart
I’m so in awe of you guys who do all this exercise. How do you manage it??? My kids wake early and it’s breakfast, school run, work, tea, bed. By the time I’m done its about 8.30pm and I’m so shattered I don’t have the energy to do exercise. I’ve been managing to get to the gym once a week, but can’t manage more than about 5k steps a day. I use my lunch hour to do the end of school run so struggle to do anything during the day.

Agree about 1200. I would be crying with hunger and was too weak to exercise. I stick to around 1500 now

I’m so in awe of you guys who do all this exercise. How do you manage it??? My kids wake early and it’s breakfast, school run, work, tea, bed. By the time I’m done its about 8.30pm and I’m so shattered I don’t have the energy to do exercise. I’ve been managing to get to the gym once a week, but can’t manage more than about 5k steps a day. I use my lunch hour to do the end of school run so struggle to do anything during the day.
I don’t do many steps as my job is office based and I have to be at my desk. I have the fitness + app on my phone and when my kid comes home from nursery I stick her in front of the tv with a snack and do 20 mins of strength (dumbbells) usually. I do some walking to and from work and then am running up and down the stairs a lot. I make sure I close my rings on my watch so always 30+ mins exercise, whether that be carrying baskets of washing up and down stairs or whatever.
I try to fit in it wherever I can tbh - some days I can’t do it after nursery. I struggle after bedtime because she stays up so late sometimes (difficult sleeper). It really is a case of grab some time while she’s occupied during the day. Fitness+ has 10-20-30 min exercises and also 5-10 core exercises so if I have to i’ll do a 10 min, then a 10 a little while later if that makes sense.
She has got used to me doing it, sometimes joins in if I’m doing yoga or something, and asks ‘mummy are you doing your exercises now?’ If I haven’t yet.

I feel like I’ve repeated myself and rambled a bit there haha. I hope it makes sense

Last edited:
Your lifestyle and having kids means you’re active anyway, I wouldn’t feel guilty about it! I work in an office job and when I’m at home I’m just lay in bed so I’m not active at all and only really get active when I’m at the gym :) I wouldn’t put too much pressure on yourself, you’re doing what you can and that’s enough x

Reactions: 6
Like @Sven, I WFH and if I’m not careful, I can be sat in front of the PC and not do anything too active all day long. I make a point of going for at least a 30 min walk most days, even if split in 10-15 mins if I don’t have the time to do it all in one go. Then add little pockets of activity when I can and 25-30 min weights/yoga sessions 2-3 times a week. Since I got a sports watch I’ve been surprised how the steps all add up throughout the day.

Reactions: 7
Thank you all. I just feel so rubbish not getting time to do exercise. Mine are both rubbish sleepers so 5 years of sleep deprivation means I’m so used to using sugar and caffeine to push through. Wfh is great but also I’ve seen my steps decrease so much. I used to work on 4th floor so did the stairs every day and at lunch which helped.
sounds like little bursts of exercise spread through the day is what I need to focus on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.