Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so in awe of you guys who do all this exercise. How do you manage it??? My kids wake early and it’s breakfast, school run, work, tea, bed. By the time I’m done its about 8.30pm and I’m so shattered I don’t have the energy to do exercise. I’ve been managing to get to the gym once a week, but can’t manage more than about 5k steps a day. I use my lunch hour to do the end of school run so struggle to do anything during the day.
I have 3 kids. I only exercise Monday to Friday. I get up at 5am and get it done. If I left it to the evening I know I wouldn't have the energy. I call it my power hour, just me, the silence, a big mug of coffee and a workout. I was always a night owl but something clicked last year and I just changed it. It took a while but I love my routine.

ETA my kids are older now! If I'd have tried this when they were younger and didn't sleep I'd have died 🤣

Reactions: 6
Hi all 👋🏾 Came here from the Katie hayes thread thanks to @bellinibobble

quick one so I have calorie counter where I put all my food in and it says I should have 1700 cals a day but my weight where I also put my weight on says to loose 3 stone by September I should eat 1200

I did do that tddr or what ever it’s called and I just couldn’t get my head round it!
Please help a girl out I need to lose 9 stone by next March for a major op and actual thinking of having a gastric sleeve. But want to try this first xx cheers gals
9 Stone by March is a huge ask. I know a couple of people that have had Gastric Surgery, good results but it's not an easy option so avoid if you can. 1200 Calories is way too low and will almost certainly result in you failing, it's not sustainable. Look online for some recipes that you will enjoy and plan your meals before shopping as you're less likely to buy crap, most of the supermarkets have recipes on their websites, Waitrose has some good ones. check the Satiety index so you know what foods fill you up for fewer calories. I know a lot of people on here manage treats like funsize bars but if you have a sweet tooth I'd probably avoid having anything like that in the house unless you know you can discipline yourself to only eat 1 (I can't, Ill cheerfully eat the bag so I don't buy them)

I went for a run today and omg I was SO HOT. It wasn’t long and I did a workout with my dumbbells after. I LOVE how I can run now. I also think I’m changing shape now. When I put my hand on my hip I feel far less fat than was there before. I also think my little roll on the side has nearly gone. I can also feel muscles in my arms now and I am loving that.
I haven’t weighed since nearly 2 weeks ago because of my eating in half term. But I’m feeling pretty good health wise.
When I’m at work I’m able to keep myself strict as I’m busy. When I’m home like in half term I struggle to do it.
I’m deciding whether to weigh tomorrow or leave it another week. I get disheartened easily when the scales don’t reflect how I feel.
I have a baby shower to go to in July and there are a lot of glam people there (the type who say it’s casual then turn up in a party dress) so I’m hoping to be able to look nice then.
I think you should write this and put it on you fridge, every time you want to weigh yourself read it. You feel good right now, you feel thinner, you say you're fitter, what the scale says doesn't matter.

Reactions: 5
Starting to notice the paper towel effect as I inch lower:

'The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around, that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different!'

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m really fed up. I had a week of medication which was really high in sodium, I tried to ignore my weight because I thought it would be water retention. I gained 5 lbs in the first two days alone. Came off it Monday, I’m still exactly the same. So 5 lbs up and I bet that will take months to shift now 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m really fed up. I had a week of medication which was really high in sodium, I tried to ignore my weight because I thought it would be water retention. I gained 5 lbs in the first two days alone. Came off it Monday, I’m still exactly the same. So 5 lbs up and I bet that will take months to shift now 😔
Oh boy, that would stress anyone out! How about upping your caffeine intake for a few days? It has a diuretic effect for me and might help your body get rid of the bloat.

Its still very short term. Maybe try drinking more water and watching salt intake next few weeks whilst keep active and tracking cals.
I doubt you gained 5lb of fat.
But I know how frustrating it is see a higher number again.

Despite me saying wasent going go weigh well I did.
I don't understand it 3days ago I was 12 13 now back down to lowest weight achieved this year 12 stone 9.
Fingers crossed it stays that way and goes downwards from now on.
Still that time month I think I gain weight few days before it starts.
Wondering if last 4 weeks up and down is anything to do with the covid jab as had 1st dose pfizer 19th May.
Studies have shown that the lining of the womb can trigger an immune response and maybe its altering my hormones only short term which is causing the weight fluctuations.
So will keep doing what I'm doing getting my steps in and eating healthy.
I am snacking a lot less.
Had yummy home made wrap pizza for lunch.
Have walk toddler baby ballet and pop to shops then I need walk dog 🐕 later so going try get my 10k steps in.

Hope everyone else having good day.
Friday nights are my danger zone I like q few drinks on a Friday its been such a horribly stressful week been feeling really down and flat.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’d second the caffeine, and possibly cut down on the carbs for a day or two and eat more protein and veggies with some good fats. I find this really sort out water retention.

Reactions: 4
Back down to where I was two weeks ago (phew), so lowest so far, and managed to get up and run three mornings this week, so really pleased! Going to have a good week of eating and exercising :)
We’ve been trying out Hello Fresh and the calories per portion are actually fairly good, as well as the meals being tasty and filling, it’s helped add a bit of variety to the day!

Reactions: 11
Its still very short term. Maybe try drinking more water and watching salt intake next few weeks whilst keep active and tracking cals.
I doubt you gained 5lb of fat.
But I know how frustrating it is see a higher number again.

Despite me saying wasent going go weigh well I did.
I don't understand it 3days ago I was 12 13 now back down to lowest weight achieved this year 12 stone 9.
Fingers crossed it stays that way and goes downwards from now on.
Still that time month I think I gain weight few days before it starts.
Wondering if last 4 weeks up and down is anything to do with the covid jab as had 1st dose pfizer 19th May.
Studies have shown that the lining of the womb can trigger an immune response and maybe its altering my hormones only short term which is causing the weight fluctuations.
So will keep doing what I'm doing getting my steps in and eating healthy.
I am snacking a lot less.
Had yummy home made wrap pizza for lunch.
Have walk toddler baby ballet and pop to shops then I need walk dog 🐕 later so going try get my 10k steps in.

Hope everyone else having good day.
Friday nights are my danger zone I like q few drinks on a Friday its been such a horribly stressful week been feeling really down and flat.
Hi Fireflies, I mean this with no ill intent and only in the kindest way but why is it that you are confused that your weight fluctuates daily when you also realise that it does & as a result you said you wouldn’t weigh daily because you’re aware of the fluctuations? If you then decide to weigh daily it shouldn’t come as a surprise! :)

It feels as though there might be something there with your relationship with food and the scales that you might want to look into? There are lots of coaches online who can support with this & who can help you work out what it is that you struggle with & to help you repair that relationship with your weight.

the number that shows on a scale relates to our gravitational pull, that is it. It doesn’t know what’s fat, what’s water, what’s bone, what’s muscle etc. Someone can be a lean bodybuilder and weigh the same as someone who’s overweight or obese.

it can take some work and sometimes we do need to put the work in to educate ourselves and learn more about how our bodies work when it comes to fat loss & when you do understand more you will realise how small a part the scale actually plays. We shouldn’t become dependent on a scale to tell us our worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was wondering earlier how differently I might act and feel about my body if scales had never been invented. Because I’m guilty of dropping a lb and thinking oh I can have a treat. Or putting on 2lbs and thinking sod it I’ll eat some more. If I could only go by how my body looks and feels it might all be really different 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Hi Fireflies, I mean this with no ill intent and only in the kindest way but why is it that you are confused that your weight fluctuates daily when you also realise that it does & as a result you said you wouldn’t weigh daily because you’re aware of the fluctuations? If you then decide to weigh daily it shouldn’t come as a surprise! :)

It feels as though there might be something there with your relationship with food and the scales that you might want to look into? There are lots of coaches online who can support with this & who can help you work out what it is that you struggle with & to help you repair that relationship with your weight.

the number that shows on a scale relates to our gravitational pull, that is it. It doesn’t know what’s fat, what’s water, what’s bone, what’s muscle etc. Someone can be a lean bodybuilder and weigh the same as someone who’s overweight or obese.

it can take some work and sometimes we do need to put the work in to educate ourselves and learn more about how our bodies work when it comes to fat loss & when you do understand more you will realise how small a part the scale actually plays. We shouldn’t become dependent on a scale to tell us our worth.
Hi no offence

Not offended at all my response was to someone who gained 5lb and seemed pin point a specific reason for it.
Medication maybe sodium which caused water bloat.
Even when you know weight fluctuate and you know the cause doesn't make it any easier seeing a higher number on the scales.
Its true weight can vary depending time month, time of day.
My recent back and forth on scale last 4 weeks I can't pin point a major reason.
I may have of had disordered eating issues in the my younger past when ironically I thought I was fat but I wasent.
How according to bhs I am officially overweight and my bmi is too high.
Not only do scales depress me but just looking in the mirror .
Lots of clothes don't fit I gained 1 stone after last child was born shes 3 now.
Then 2 stone between March 2020 on 3 lockdowns.
I am committed getting back down to a healthy weight.
The scales aka sad step still depresses and daunts me but for me its most accurate measure of if the diet and activity I have put in place is working.

I know that I have be 3500 cals deficit to lose 1lb a week so technically should be same in reverse to gain 1lb.
I wish the number on scales wasent so important but losing weight in a healthy way is important to me.

I have never struggled to lose weight as much as I do now.

Reactions: 4
I’m weighing tomorrow morning and I’m so scared I won’t have lost anything. Ive eaten perfectly all week, no treats, small portions - have just been hungry all the time basically 😂 Probably averaging about 1,400 kcal a day if that… and if I haven’t lost then what’s it going to take! Don’t want to have to eat even less than I am now😞 I know consistency is key and I’m being impatient but every day I look at my body and it’s just ugh. I’m not myself.

• Sad
I was recently diagnosed as pre diabetic and have pretty much been a size. 16-18 all my life (48), give or take a few ups and downs, recently I started Keto (again) coupled with intermittent fasting and finding it much easier this time. Not losing pounds that quickly (11lbs in 4 weeks) but I can tell I’m loosing inches on the waist thighs etc. Clothes are all fitting much better. It really helps to just think of food as fuel and that you don’t need to eat traditional meals to get the nutrition you need. Finding weird combinations a lot easier this time going against everything you’ve ever been taught, but the macros work and I feel full, weird eating more salt, more fat etc. Avocado with everything is my new rule, but loving the meals so far and not missing bread this time round, my fave lunch is mini baby bel and meat sticks weirdly. It’s not for everyone but feel so much better not eating sugar/carbs

Not losing pounds that quickly (11lbs in 4 weeks)
That's a great loss! Keep going! I'm jealous of the unlimited avocado 🤩. Looking forward to adding it back in when I get to goal.

Week 24: -2 lbs
Total: 3 stone 12 lb

Back on track for me. Re: my paper towel post - I am seeing noticeable changes every few pounds now. Very motivating. Although, for some reason my boobs are still massive? That's not a humblebrag - doesn't suite me at all and makes me look bigger than I am. Really hope they start going down during the next stone!! I love wearing bandeau bras in the summer and they are still too big for that.

Have a lovely weekend all. ☀🌈✨

Reactions: 7
I kind knew when made the decision 13 weeks ago 90 days according to my fitness pal that this maybe a long process I thought I would have lost a bit more than I have 10lb so far.
But apart from the scales a thing that important to me and a non scale victory.
What's been tricky this year is so many clothes don't fit.
Last year when shops reopened I brought 2 pairs of lovely autumn/ winter trousers from monki that I have never worn as too small.
I also have some old black trousers and jeans that don't fit.
So I'm hoping by September once I'm in the 11 stone bracket they might fit.
They say as rule of thumb 10lb is a dress size but I reckon its more like a stone.
Also would love see a smaller tummy and ruins so many outfits and limits what I currently wear.
I'm trying really hard find clothes that make me feel look good now.
I have my birthday and holiday next month so 1months time we go away for 4nights.

My scales aren’t moving but my work trousers are hanging off me.

pleased I haven’t gone on a binge this week considering my work stressed boyfriend took a one sided argument with me on Wednesday taking his frustrations on me and hasn’t spoken to me since and has told me he doesn’t want to reconcile either. I know it’s not the right thread but for me when I’m stressed I could the house out so I’m proud of myself for sticking to plan considering I’m not being spoken to over something that has nothing to do with me

Hope everyone has a better weekend than me .. I’m off to the gym at 10am to run out my frustrations

• Heart
My scales aren’t moving but my work trousers are hanging off me.

pleased I haven’t gone on a binge this week considering my work stressed boyfriend took a one sided argument with me on Wednesday taking his frustrations on me and hasn’t spoken to me since and has told me he doesn’t want to reconcile either. I know it’s not the right thread but for me when I’m stressed I could the house out so I’m proud of myself for sticking to plan considering I’m not being spoken to over something that has nothing to do with me

Hope everyone has a better weekend than me .. I’m off to the gym at 10am to run out my frustrations
Thats postive about the trousers. We can't control where we lose fat or weight from i guess yours has come off waist.
I am a emotional eater and last week nearly threw me off course.
So well done on persevering.
Let your partner sulk. Go gym enjoy the sunshine and try have good weekend.
Any freind or family you could meet up with?

Talking of the trousers I just went try them on as not done that in months.
They euro 42 so uk equivalent a 14 one doesn't even go over my thighs and the other pair do but they don't do up on my waist.
They very wintery warm thick checked trousers so would say I would want to wear them October or November.
So that gives me 3half months.
New look size 14 doesn't fit.
But said sainsbury size 14 does.

So maybe every month I will try i these trousers.

Week 23: -1.5lb. Total lost 37.5. First week where i’ve had a mid week meal out. Didn’t go for healthy options as life is for living (a motto I got off here!) so wasn’t sure how the scales would be. So very pleased to see that one meal hasn’t scuppered my week, plus it’s TOTM so happy days all around! On we go to next week.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.