Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone!
Just weighed in and I’m down 2lb this week, so 11st 7, total weight lost since 5 Jan is now 2st 10lb. I’ve not done my usual exercise this week due to other plans so I’m looking forward to getting back into a rhythm next week.
I’m so close to my next target of a healthy BMI, really excited to get there and reach a 3 stone loss hopefully shortly after.
Never in a million years would I have thought I could do this, so grateful for the support on here 🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Weighed this morning at 79.2 so a 0.2kg increase this week 😤 well annoyed! Will try and weigh again tomorrow morning as I didn't drink as much water yesterday being at home and I had a high salt tea. I will get under 79 this week 😂
Could it be hormonal i have to admit I'm pretty tit at tracking my cycle.
Today I realised its that time so I'm hoping all the exercise done this week might start to pay off next week.
Sort of relieved as been trying so hard.
Also moods been up and down last week and now I know why.
Friday nights are my weak point too.

Morning everyone!
Just weighed in and I’m down 2lb this week, so 11st 7, total weight lost since 5 Jan is now 2st 10lb. I’ve not done my usual exercise this week due to other plans so I’m looking forward to getting back into a rhythm next week.
I’m so close to my next target of a healthy BMI, really excited to get there and reach a 3 stone loss hopefully shortly after.
Never in a million years would I have thought I could do this, so grateful for the support on here 🙌🏻
Thats fantastic huge well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It could be @fireflies - I do track my cycle but not so good at linking up what happens on the scales with my cycle yet. I can see that my numbers are good for CICO so I am sure a loss will come eventually - and I am sure it will for you too!

I've also just updated my nutracheck to make my goal just 1kg and changed my cals to 1lbs loss a week so hopefully that might help me plan a bit better and I'll feel more motivated by hitting mini goals a couple of weeks at a time.

Reactions: 6
I really don’t get the nhs bmi calculator. It says I should be 7st 6lbs - 10st. Even at my lightest (17 year old me) I was 9st and looked great. I would look ill at 7st 6!

Reactions: 6
Maintained this week which honestly is a relief given I’ve fuelled myself on cornflake cakes all week 🐽 started running longer distances again though so I’m hoping that’s helped a bit. Back on it next week when all the treats are gone!

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any overnight oats recipes you'd recommend? I made some this morning, they were nice, but baked oats way better and less calories!

I'd love to give them another go though as they'd be perfect for when I'm back at work!
I like this recipe for ‘Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats’ (its not protein powder, just greek yoghurt) but I increase the quantities to make a bigger portion https://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/01/20/chocolate-protein-overnight-oats/

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Week 16: -2 lbs
Total: 2 stone 11 lb

Anyone else have a summer/end-of-lockdown check list they are working their way through?

- Got highlights and a much shorter cut this week, so hair and skin (see last week's post) are now both looking good.
- Weight loss is in progress.
- Clothes... hesitant to buy much until I'm closer to goal, so I'm making do with what I have. The size small strappy top I ordered arrived and it's adorable, can't wait to properly fit in it!
- It's nails and feet next! 💅🦶 100% neglected them over the past year, so they are in pretty bad shape! 😝

cb3afb4ed87aac454b7914c4320319b9.jpeg

I bought these cute sandals to help motivate with the de-hobbiting process! I've added in weekly foot filing, just need to pick up some cheap foot masks and get into doing them regularly. Tips/recs welcome!!

Reactions: 8
It could be @fireflies - I do track my cycle but not so good at linking up what happens on the scales with my cycle yet. I can see that my numbers are good for CICO so I am sure a loss will come eventually - and I am sure it will for you too!

I've also just updated my nutracheck to make my goal just 1kg and changed my cals to 1lbs loss a week so hopefully that might help me plan a bit better and I'll feel more motivated by hitting mini goals a couple of weeks at a time.
I'm hoping so as still same this morning 82.50kg just want to see 81
I'm being so consistent with walking.
I'm tracking all calories manually entering in amounts apart from hot drinks I don't usually count them.

Trying not get fixated with scales and numbers.
Any gain or no loss could be water retention so keep telling myself that.
Trying focus on other measures some trousers and pjs feel less tight.
There some hills on my walk i am managing lot easier than 30 days ago.
I'm increasing my steps daily.
Also I feel like I'm moving bit faster.

Had little meltdown yesterday as toddler returned ballet class and brought some new trouser loose flowers and elasticated waist.
Issue was I couldn't find a top with them easily that dident make me look huge.
I eventually found a blouse which covered my tum but still felt like my bottom felt huge.
I know usually they say rule of thumb 10lb weight loss is roughly a dress size down so maybe I will feel different when I reach that goal.

Think this weekend will watch calories.
Keep moving maybe dye my hair and do a face mask.
A treat that doesn't involve food or drink.
Maybe that make me feel better.

Anyone else feel bit stressed about things opening up and people want to meet up.
I just want look and feel good when meet up with family and freinds I have not seen in a long time and right now I don't.

Have make decision when kids go back walk dog at 6am weekdays or wait until afternoon.
I'm not a morning person.
Might try a run when husband eventually gets day off and you tube work outs next week.

• Heart
@fireflies Definitely treat yourself in other ways! ❤ Weight is only one part of it. I felt 10 lbs lighter after getting my hair done this week, when all she did was highlight and cut a few inches off.

Reactions: 7
Hello all, I'm new here.

Past 2 years (mid 30s) weight has been creeping up on me so am considering monitoring my calories just to see how much over I'm going.

My question is, how do you work out calories of home cooked meals with different portion sizes? Seems a silly question, but appears very complicated!

Reactions: 2
Hello all, I'm new here.

Past 2 years (mid 30s) weight has been creeping up on me so am considering monitoring my calories just to see how much over I'm going.

My question is, how do you work out calories of home cooked meals with different portion sizes? Seems a silly question, but appears very complicated!
I have to weigh everything and I also cook in separate pots which isn’t great for the washing up but ensures that I can know exactly what my dinner has in it.
For big pots of things, If it’s a recipe that serves 3 for example I will add it as a recipe in MFP and then portion that out so I know I’m getting what I should.

Reactions: 2
I’ve a while to go! There’s quite literally no way I would get ANYWHERE NEAR 8 stone 3!! My aim is 11 stone.
I've got the same weight range too, I'm aiming for 11st. I think I'd struggle to 10st

Weigh in today and only lost 0.2 of a lb! Aaahh. I’ve lost 1lb over the last 3 weeks so weight loss has seriously slowed for me.

• Heart
Weighed again this morning - 78.7 phew! Probably helped by the fact that all I had for tea was a bowl of rice crispies as was arguing with my bf most of the night and didn't have time to cook, whoops! Anyway roll on 77.9kg!

• Heart
I've got the same weight range too, I'm aiming for 11st. I think I'd struggle to 10st
Same. I’d have to basically not eat ever to do that. I think 11 stone would be my happy weight - i got to that around my wedding (I’ve since had a child so I know that it may be very difficult to go back to that, damn hips!!!)

Hello all, I'm new here.

as @Sven said, for big pots I add meals as recipes in MFP then average out the portions. My husband and teenager will usually have double mine 🙄 and my youngests two together will usually add up to around one portion.

I really like the recipe function in MFP. I've got most of my meals in there now agree using it for over a year and it is such a time-saver.

Week 15 weigh in: I returned to the office 4 days this week so had less chance to go out for walks. Wasn’t expecting much so over the moon with a 2.5lb loss which takes me to 2 stone!!! I have a friend who started this journey the same time as me and although we’re doing things differently, we’ve been consistent in our losses and she’s hit 2st too today. It’s her 40th birthday this week so we’re having a week off. 😁

• Heart
It's nails and feet next! 💅🦶 100% neglected them over the past year, so they are in pretty bad shape! 😝
Meeeee 🙋🏻‍♀️ I’ve had my nails and toes done this week, and my eyebrows waxed. I feel like a new woman 😆 plus my friend who does them but hasn’t seen me since December said I look like one too! 🙌🏻

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.