Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've done okay this week, had at least 500 cals deficits each day so will weigh tomorrow morning and hopefully see a loss...! I've not drank enough water today though so need to chug some down this afternoon. I'm definitely still eating too much chocolate/snacks so will try to curb that a bit more over time too.

I'm WFH today so logged in early and had a walk at lunchtime came back did some more work then went for a run as it has gone quiet again. Means I will finish usual time but feel like I've been able to do so much more with my time today, it makes a nice change! Sometimes I do wish I could go back to full time WFH because it really did make life easier when fitting in exercise.

@fireflies 6lbs in a month sounds like a really healthy and sustainable loss. There is absolutely no point losing loads of weight quickly only to be at a higher risk of gaining it back quickly too. Stick with what you're doing as it is clearly working, it'll be so worth it when you see the results! And next time your husband makes a comment, just explain that it's better to lose it slowly and permanently, than quickly and temporarily!

Reactions: 8
That's a really noticeable difference, you must be delighted! Well done :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Officially 1st 5lbs down since January. Slow and steady! Made up that during the month I haven’t weighed in I’ve still lost 1lb a week which is my aim🙌🏼 I’m going out for a meal and drinks tomorrow (outdoors ofc) so going to have a good day today so I can enjoy that guilt free. Don’t want to restrict myself to “save calories up” for it but definitely want to know it’s just one off plan meal.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So I hadn't weighed myself in 2 weeks and I was getting the fear so I jumped on this morning, down 900g, so running total since January is 8.9kg/19.6lb. No idea how I managed that, bodies are weird.

But I'll take it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Officially 1st 5lbs down since January. Slow and steady! Made up that during the month I haven’t weighed in I’ve still lost 1lb a week which is my aim🙌🏼 I’m going out for a meal and drinks tomorrow (outdoors ofc) so going to have a good day today so I can enjoy that guilt free. Don’t want to restrict myself to “save calories up” for it but definitely want to know it’s just one off plan meal.
Yes definatly have a nice meal out.
You done so well.
Enjoy the weekend then back on it next week.

Just about take dog on another 3miles walk.
Scales not budging again this morning.
I just wanted to see below 82kg.
Will keep going. I ate 1500 cals yesterday and burnt 1500 cals.
Been doing so many steps this week.
Maybe there some delay in weigh loss.
Maybe I'm holding water.
My scales is bit sketchy seems change depends where position it.
Its a cheap digital scales that only seems weigh in kg.

So I hadn't weighed myself in 2 weeks and I was getting the fear so I jumped on this morning, down 900g, so running total since January is 8.9kg/19.6lb. No idea how I managed that, bodies are weird.

But I'll take it!
Well done that s a loss no matter how small.

First weigh in and 2lbs down. Not getting too excited as first week of calorie counting but I’ll take it. Just need to make sure I don’t ruin it over the weekend.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
First weigh in and 2lbs down. Not getting too excited as first week of calorie counting but I’ll take it. Just need to make sure I don’t ruin it over the weekend.
That's really good! Well done, weekends are the killer for me. I always tell myself if I go a bit mental on Friday, draw a line under and get back on it otherwise the whole weekend just disappears under a haze of cheese and chocolate.

Well done that s a loss no matter how small.
Haha I mean it's a hair under 2lb I thought that was really big 😂🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This is my average net calories for the week. Do you think maybe my weight loss is stalling because I'm not eating enough?
I'm just so frustrated, I don't know what to do 😭
I'm thinking of maybe joining preece nutrition so I can have someone actually telling me what I'm doing wrong 😐
I've uploaded my weight loss "progress" chart too
Have you calculated your TDEE? You could be eating too little. And are you exercising (can sometimes cause water retention which can mask fat loss on the scale).

Reactions: 1
Have you calculated your TDEE? You could be eating too little. And are you exercising (can sometimes cause water retention which can mask fat loss on the scale).
I'm trying to do at least half hour of exercise daily as I have an office job so get no exercise from work 😅 I did my TDEE and put lightly active and it is about 200 calories more than what I'm presently on

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I'm trying to do at least half hour of exercise daily as I have an office job so get no exercise from work 😅 I did my TDEE and put lightly active and it is about 200 calories more than what I'm presently on
Maybe try 1500 for a couple of weeks to give you a 500 deficit? You can always adjust up/down if you need to. I'll never understand the science but I lost more on 1600 than I did on 1200.

Reactions: 4
I would definitely try upping your calories. Last year in the first lockdown I was losing weight but decided it wasn’t fast enough so I went down to around 1000 calories a day thinking that would speed things up a bit and I didn’t lose anything until I went back up to around 1500-1600

Reactions: 3
Weighed this morning at 79.2 so a 0.2kg increase this week 😤 well annoyed! Will try and weigh again tomorrow morning as I didn't drink as much water yesterday being at home and I had a high salt tea. I will get under 79 this week 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.