Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get the same with Nutracheck, with a TDEE calculator it is around 1500 but on Nutracheck it is closer to 1700 (1666) so I tend to stick around the middle at 1600. I’ve lost weight eating both amounts and probably more sticking closer to 1600 so just have a play around with it I think. 1200 is just too little and is totally not sustainable especially if you’re busy. How exciting that your wedding is so soon! 😍
I think I’ll just give it a go and see what happens! Aw thank you, it feels like it’s ages away now we’ve postponed but on the plus side more time to shift a few lbs 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Confused with it all as well.

MFP tells me 1200 as well, TDEE tells me 1600.

No wonder I'm not losing weight :unsure:

Reactions: 6
Confused with it all as well.

MFP tells me 1200 as well, TDEE tells me 1600.

No wonder I'm not losing weight :unsure:
I’m 6ft and MFP told me 1200. Absolutely no way that’s normal. Nutracheck tells me 1700, I do normally come in under this but it’s a much more sustainable number!! Let’s me have some treats too🤩

Reactions: 4
Question for any long term nutracheckers - do you lose the weight the app says you will if you stick to the cals it gives you?
I’ve just rearranged our wedding so I have 20 weeks, I want to lose about a stone. Before Christmas I was doing MFP and eating 1200 cals a week and losing 1 lb even though MFP said that would be a 2 lb loss.
I’ve set Nutracheck to 1 lb and it says closer to 1600! At the moment I have a lot on and I can’t stick to 1200 so I am definitely going to increase my cals but I’m a bit worried that if I was only losing 1 lb on 1200 I won’t lose anything on 1600. I’ve worked out my TDEE etc again and I’m still not really sure.
So, any experiences? Do you lose what Nutracheck says you will if you eat the cals it allows you? Thanks!!
I have only been using it around 4 weeks but my profile is set to 2lb per week. I have lost 7lb so slightly less than what it says, but that's with treat weekends!!!

• Heart
Oooh, nothing like a wedding to keep you motivated :) Congratulations!

I've been bouncing up and down between the same lb for several days, but think I'm on the move again now. I've walked 7.5 miles in the hills in the last 2 days, trying to get my sheep to stay in the area I want them to stay in, which is probably going to put me up slightly again because I have sore muscles and they'll hang onto some water, but looking forward to the whoosh when that passes. At least I'm going to be fitter for helping my friend at lambing this year than I was last, when it almost killed me for the first week!

I'm 5ft!

I have reset my MFP to 1600 calories, lets see what happens.

Tomorrow it all starts, diet and exercise!

2 stone to loose, hopefully most of the first one in Lent!

I'm 5ft!

I have reset my MFP to 1600 calories, lets see what happens.

Tomorrow it all starts, diet and exercise!

2 stone to loose, hopefully most of the first one in Lent!
I'm 4"11 and MFP says 1,200 calories. 😊 I want to lose about 6lbs, and will be happy with roughly a pound a week as I'm not as active with not being in work, and I manage to eat well and healthy on those calories, except when I get craving days. 🙄 I've had 2 days off, so I'll be getting back to it tomorrow, and once I lose the water weight from the past few days, I'm hoping to lose a few more pounds as I've been stuck at the same weight for weeks, so I hope it'll shift one day soon. 😩

Reactions: 1
I think the key is absolutely to trust the process here with TDEE. If you’re eating 1200 calories and not losing weight then your body is probably just clinging onto water/fat etc. I think that’s how it works anyway. I always believed eating less would help me lose more but actually I’ve lost way more weight eating around TDEE than really starving myself and binging whenever I could xxx

• Heart
That was a nice leap of faith and skydive down around twenty thousand feet from the back of the wagon.

Mr D just made the only nice pancakes I have ever had. I'm full. I'm vaguely tripping balls from all the sugar. And I'm going to have a cuppa and a nice lie down after that.

My trainers and insoles arrived. I will need to actually use them to account for the tons of sugar I've just consumed.

Hey-ho. Back to normal tomorrow.

• Heart
I think I’ll just give it a go and see what happens! Aw thank you, it feels like it’s ages away now we’ve postponed but on the plus side more time to shift a few lbs 😂
I feel you! My wedding is postponed until 23 weeks time! This is my third date though so I'm getting married either way that date.

My mum was saying well 1lb a week is almost two stone! I'll be happy if I lost a stone.

• Heart
I feel you! My wedding is postponed until 23 weeks time! This is my third date though so I'm getting married either way that date.

My mum was saying well 1lb a week is almost two stone! I'll be happy if I lost a stone.
It’s my third date too! Fingers crossed for us 🤞🏻 I haven’t got a dress yet either so every pound counts 😂

Reactions: 2
That was a nice leap of faith and skydive down around twenty thousand feet from the back of the wagon.

Mr D just made the only nice pancakes I have ever had. I'm full. I'm vaguely tripping balls from all the sugar. And I'm going to have a cuppa and a nice lie down after that.

My trainers and insoles arrived. I will need to actually use them to account for the tons of sugar I've just consumed.

Hey-ho. Back to normal tomorrow.
Ooh what trainers did you go for in the end?

It’s my third date too! Fingers crossed for us 🤞🏻 I haven’t got a dress yet either so every pound counts 😂
Ha I had my dress fitting, the pins are still in my dress. Lockdown happened just after I had my fitting. My mum had to go rescue my dress from the dressmaker as I live 6 hours away 🙈.

Absolutely! I can't wait until the gyms reopen! 😊

Second day back into routine. Feeling a bit hungry tonight but I didn’t have any breakfast at work today as I went straight into meetings and lost track of time! Going to research what my TDEE should be now, going to check it’s similar to whatever my Fitbit is telling me to have!

Can I join the bride group! I haven’t got a dress either, don’t want to shop until I’ve lost a bit more weight. I’m due to get married in September but abroad so I’m still not sure whether it’ll be possible or not but I’m dieting like it will be 😂

• Heart
So I am down just half a pound today, and down 1 inch as well.
I have 1.9 pounds to lose to get to 13 stone - it’s bugging me now!! I had aimed to do it by end of feb but if I don’t it’s not the end of the world I will hit it early March. Have been in the 13 stone category since end of September it is taking forever!!!

Reactions: 10
So I am down just half a pound today, and down 1 inch as well.
I have 1.9 pounds to lose to get to 13 stone - it’s bugging me now!! I had aimed to do it by end of feb but if I don’t it’s not the end of the world I will hit it early March. Have been in the 13 stone category since end of September it is taking forever!!!
I feel you!! I’m 13st 2 at the minute, and it just won’t go! It’s always these last little lbs before you move down to a lower st that seem to take FOREVER!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If anyone needs a low calorie sweet dessert, the WW triple brownie frozen dessert are lovely. Quite big and 174 calories for the whole thing. On offer in Sainsbury’s for £1 for 2. As they are frozen they take a while to eat too.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.