Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must have gone wrong with nutracheck as it says I need 1200 calories a day. I'm 5ft7 and 13st12 😅
That doesn't sound right but you need to change your diary view to separate (Green button, diary preferences, daily totals)

The scales have jumped down 1lb this morning, which I'm taking as my reward for resisting pancakes yesterday! Now 0.8lbs away from matching my lowest weight in over 2 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Back on it today after 2 days of sheer indulgence! I've gained a few pounds in water weight, so I'm determined not to weigh for a week to let that weight come off as I get easily disheartened.

Reactions: 6
Ooh what trainers did you go for in the end?
Merrell Crushers. They're supposed to be trail runners with a small drop, but I think they're more suited for pavement - grass. I wouldn't have been able to get along with the standard insole, but the fancy ones with high arch and metatarsal support seem to be pretty good. They came up a bit small, so I'm glad I ordered a larger size. I'm not going to be pounding the pavements or going properly off road for miles and miles, so I figured they'd do until I'm a bit more mobile/hopefully lighter/I get proper orthotics.

Back on it today after 2 days of sheer indulgence! I've gained a few pounds in water weight, so I'm determined not to weigh for a week to let that weight come off as I get easily disheartened.
Hi, how and when can you know you gained water weight instead of actually gaining weight? :oops: this might sound as a stupid question but I'm also quickly disheartened that's why :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Hi, how and when can you know you gained water weight instead of actually gaining weight? :oops: this might sound as a stupid question but I'm also quickly disheartened that's why :ROFLMAO:
1lb is about 3,500 calories, so unless you've gone over your TDEE by thousands of calories in a matter of days its almost always your body carrying extra water to digest the extra food. having more sodium and carbs than usual also make you retain water because your body uses water to process them

Reactions: 8
Hello. 😃 Well, I sometimes weigh daily and the number goes down pretty quickly once I stop eating rubbish, so I know it's water weight, excess salt and sugar bloating me as I feel lighter after a day or two of normal, CC eating. But then it takes longer for me to shift actual weight, it's like I've hit a brick wall since Christmas and can't lose the 5lbs pounds I've gained. 😩 And I've read online many times you don't physically gain weight after 2 days of eating, but then if you carry on for 4-5+ days, you gain weight. Everybody's body and metabolism is different, though, I'm having blood tests done tomorrow as weight gain and my difficulty to shift it, along with feeling worn out and generally awful has been problematic for over a year. 😞 Good luck. 😊 x

Reactions: 5
How do you find C25K? Is it hard?

I have never been a runner so at the age of 50 ( four years ago) I thought I should give it a go for heart health.

I have never finished the plan of 8 weeks but that's me.

Last October I got to week 5 and was really doing well, still can't run fast or far, but was out there doing something, which is the important thing I think, then I was ill for two weeks, Lockdown 2 etc and lost the plot.

Back to week 2 today, hard for me but I did it.
Promised myself I will get to the end this time.

Reactions: 12
I have never been a runner so at the age of 50 ( four years ago) I thought I should give it a go for heart health.

I have never finished the plan of 8 weeks but that's me.

Last October I got to week 5 and was really doing well, still can't run fast or far, but was out there doing something, which is the important thing I think, then I was ill for two weeks, Lockdown 2 etc and lost the plot.

Back to week 2 today, hard for me but I did it.
Promised myself I will get to the end this time.
Well done!

Reactions: 3
Got my scan report through from the hospital this morning.

Multiple issues in foot and lower leg and evidence of previous issues, but none of them serious in themselves. It's just all of them together being a right bastard to me; ideally, I'd be having hydrotherapy and going swimming to deal with these in a safe and controlled manner, which would help with losing weight. But hey, Plague...

In the afternoon, I had the call for vaccination this weekend. The surgery is right by a nice little Victorian park. I think I'll do a couple of circuits of that before getting my shot and then coming home. I'm really hoping the weather will be pleasant so I can do that without get too cold.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I've been feeling stressed and run down, I'm still hurting from a good friend body shaming me and humiliating me yet I've still binged to the point I feel so sick today.

Why am I like this 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I've been feeling stressed and run down, I'm still hurting from a good friend body shaming me and humiliating me yet I've still binged to the point I feel so sick today.

Why am I like this 😭
Doesn’t sound like a good friend! Sorry that happened to you :( not helpful at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Why am I like this 😭
I’m so sorry, they’re not a good friend at all! How can someone do that to their friend😔 they’re supposed to support you. We’re all here for you. You’re allowed a bad day, one off plan day won’t have a long term impact on your weight loss. Be kind to yourself, tomorrow is a new day x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Finished day two of my non-diet. Ended up chucking my body scales in the bin today as they kept calling to me non-stop so for now I'm just focusing on the 'healthy living' part rather than the weight loss part. I'll just go by how clothes fit for now.

Managed to get into my 'home gym' today after work and it was the first proper workout since Lockdown One hit - only managed 15 minutes with the dumbbells and then a 20 minute walk but I feel so much better for doing it. I have a long walk planned tomorrow to the pharmacy/supermarket so that's my exercise sorted.

Food-wise it is what it is. I've had some healthy foods and some non-healthy foods. I'm trying to focus on two things at the moment - firstly, how food makes me feel - am I stuffed or comfortably full? Does my energy dip at work in the afternoon after XYZ lunch or is it steady? Am I enjoying my food or am I just eating it because I feel guilty wasting it? (I'm was very much raised in the nineties and had to 'think of the poor starving children in Africa' and finish all my food even when I was full or didn't like it.)

Secondly I'm focusing on figuring out what situations and what emotions make me reach for food and what I can do around that that. For instance, having a healthy snack there and ready for right after my scheduled work meetings or moving a stressful task to just before lunch.

It'll take a while to untangle myself but I feel more positive at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think Dr Chatherjee book, Feel Great, Lose Weight would be a perfect read for you. I have just finished it and found it very helpful

Reactions: 1
I think Dr Chatherjee book, Feel Great, Lose Weight would be a perfect read for you. I have just finished it and found it very helpful
I read this book last year and it was quite interesting. It's written by Tim Spector who is behind the Zoe Covid App, he's also a Professor and has been researching diets, etc in twin studies for years now. I've just seen it is 99p on Amazon at the moment as a Kindle Book. He has a new book out called Spoon Fed which I haven't read.

1613601563726.png

Reactions: 2
Third day back into routine. It’s so easy to get into a routine for me and once I’m in it I’m okay until I binge. Fancied a takeaway tonight but persisted with my guosto cottage pie dinner and actually really enjoyed it. I think the weekend will be the teller for me, I normally binge on a Friday/Saturday but I am adopting the dont restrict approach now as it never works for me long term

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.