Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @bellinibobble for the zumba recommendation earlier this week. Gave one a go yesterday and really enjoyed it, laughed a lot as I was so uncoordinated and the time went by quickly. Didn’t realise YouTube was such an untapped resource for exercise videos. Going to dig another one out tomorrow.

Quick update for my running buddy @Jellybeansoup - finished week 1 today and managed to run all 8 mins despite it chucking it down with rain and getting one foot submerged in a puddle. Really felt it today though! Hope you’re still going great guns 🏃🏻‍♀️💪

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks to @bellinibobble for the zumba recommendation earlier this week. Gave one a go yesterday and really enjoyed it, laughed a lot as I was so uncoordinated and the time went by quickly. Didn’t realise YouTube was such an untapped resource for exercise videos. Going to dig another one out tomorrow.
It’s so fun isn’t it! I know what you mean about laughing though, I stopped going to classes because something about it was so funny to me I was always laughing away at the back like a mad woman 😂

I’ve been terrible this week, I hate January. Just can’t be bothered. Think I put on another 0.5-1lb but also had Chinese tonight 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Weighed in and I’m 0.8 of a lb down. I know a loss is a loss but it’s a bit depressing!

I did only weigh in last on Monday, so I’m hoping by next Friday it will be a bigger loss.

Reactions: 9
So over the course of January I have lost a grand total of.... Two pound 🙄 now to be fair I haven't a lot to lose (about 17 pounds) and I do feel my shape changing but it's just annoying when the scales dont reflect the work you're putting in! I'll keep going an it'll fall into place eventually 🤞

But I just also want to say I LOVE this thread an the folks on it, youse keep me motivated every day.. What a great wee community we have 😘 here's to smashin another week! 🌟

• Heart
Reactions: 11
-1lb loss this week so that’s a total of 16lbs for January 😊 Only 42lbs to go to get to pre 2 x baby weight 🤣 and 92lbs away from my real lowest weight target 😅 seems so far off but I know I can do it this time. Really happy with that anyway! Going to have a day of not calorie counting today as it does your head in a bit after a while, think I might do this at the end of every month - won’t go mad though just won’t be strict with myself. Everyone’s done so so well this month, let’s smash it next month people 💪🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I ordered some cakey things from skinny bakery. Just tried the chocolate meringue cookies. Pretty yummy and chocolatey - 24kcal each. Not overly sweet which I don't like about normal meringue.

Reactions: 2
Week 4 weigh in - 1/4 of a lb loss. normally i’d be disappointed with that and it would derail things, but it is TOTM, so I know why I haven’t lost more and a loss is a loss. 8 & 1/4lb loss for Jan, which i’m pleased with 😊

Reactions: 11
I’ve stayed the same this week, which is surprising as I thought I’d naturally put some on when I started eating more after being unwell. Going to enjoy the takeaway tonight and then live virtuously the rest of the week 😂 whenever I eat junk my body craves the good stuff for a while after so it’s swings and roundabouts I guess.

Just noticed The Wheel isn’t on 😢 I though the last episode was tonight. Never mind. Anyway, me and my daughter are going to watch the football all day because that’s our favourite thing to do on a Saturday. Our team don’t play until tomorrow so we can enjoy it without worrying 😂

Have a lovely weekend everyone 💙

Reactions: 9
I feel so happy right now - I got permission to increase my asthma medicine on last Monday and it's starting to kick in so I went for a walk! It's only my second proper walk since January 12th and I've missed getting out in the fresh air so much. It was very slow going (5km in 80 minutes) but that's beside the point - I went out, and I'm back and I'm able to breathe. Might try a walk every 2 or 3 days for a couple of weeks while I build my strength back up, don't want to risk doing too much too soon. Eventually I want to get back to doing 5km-8km each day like I was last November.

Also managed to go to Tesco while I was out - I have my meals and snacks planned out from now until Wednesday and have got some more kitchen equipment (I moved house in September and am trying to build it up a bit each month) so now have a casserole dish/lid, an oven tray and a colander.

Anyone got any casserole recipes/suggestions?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I bought a weighted hoolahoop as it’s something easy to do and I enjoyed it as a kid, did it only for max 10 mins yesterday and both my hips are already bruised 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I weighed today and I’ve gained 1 lb since last week, so that’s 1.5 on in total this month. When you consider that could’ve been a 4 lb loss, I’m a bit gutted. It has been a hard month though and I feel better than January is nearly over so going to try a lot harder in Feb. On the plus side this inspired me to get on my treadmill to do week 1 of couch to 5k, plus a few arm weighted exercises and 10 mins of hula hooping so I’m hoping it’s quickly off!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Quick update for my running buddy @Jellybeansoup - finished week 1 today and managed to run all 8 mins despite it chucking it down with rain and getting one foot submerged in a puddle. Really felt it today though! Hope you’re still going great guns 🏃🏻‍♀️💪
amazing!! Well done 👍🏻 I’m due to go out for run 2 of week 2 but I’ve developed a niggling pain in my knee so taking it easy for 2-3 days rather than risking it

well done for going out in the rain though! Proud of ya

Reactions: 4
amazing!! Well done 👍🏻 I’m due to go out for run 2 of week 2 but I’ve developed a niggling pain in my knee so taking it easy for 2-3 days rather than risking it

well done for going out in the rain though! Proud of ya
Sadly my knee is knackered too. Has been hard to walk on it and agony to bend it so no Zumba today and probably no run tomorrow ☹ Hoping it will get better soon, don’t want to lose momentum.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone. Have started a weight loss journey this year and am hitting that point where motivation is lacking a bit!! Does anyone have any good recipes for dinners? I've been making a lot of chicken and vegetables, but think I need a bit more variety lol

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.