Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling for those of you with injuries, it really is the worst when you have the motivation to exercise and your body gives in anyway 😭 you might remember I was struggling with my ankles, well I started out on my walk today and they really hurt. I got as far as the big supermarket and sent my other half in for ibuprofen and blister plasters 🤦🏻‍♀️ He came out with an ankle support which took the pain away instantly! I was amazed. I’m going to start back with cardio next week wearing them and see how I go.

Ps thanks @prinnygrace for the recommendation. When this came out of the oven I nearly cried with joy haha 😭😭 PIZZA IS BACK IN MY LIFE

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone. Have started a weight loss journey this year and am hitting that point where motivation is lacking a bit!! Does anyone have any good recipes for dinners? I've been making a lot of chicken and vegetables, but think I need a bit more variety lol
The newest pinch of nom book is amazing!

Feeling for those of you with injuries, it really is the worst when you have the motivation to exercise and your body gives in anyway 😭 you might remember I was struggling with my ankles, well I started out on my walk today and they really hurt. I got as far as the big supermarket and sent my other half in for ibuprofen and blister plasters 🤦🏻‍♀️ He came out with an ankle support which took the pain away instantly! I was amazed. I’m going to start back with cardio next week wearing them and see how I go.

Ps thanks @prinnygrace for the recommendation. When this came out of the oven I nearly cried with joy haha 😭😭 PIZZA IS BACK IN MY LIFE
Enjoy every minute of it, looks incredible 🤩🤩🤩

Reactions: 2
Oh lord I was hungry today. I have a raging headache and I just wanted food. So my fiance made us gnocchi with chorizo and lots of cheese. Well over my calories (by about 300). However according to my app that will set back my weight loss by 2 days so I won't cry over it much. However first time being over since I started tracking so I'm a bit annoyed. However I really enjoyed my dinner 😂

Spent the evening cooking and have made a chicken dhansak with pineapple, basmati rice and two (store-bought) mini garlic and coriander naan breads and still ending the day on 1558 - I call that a win. Have leftovers for tea tomorrow night as well.

Reactions: 4
It’s mine and my boyfriends anniversary on Tuesday but because we live apart and both with others we can’t form a support bubble and are only able to see each other on walks. I just got a delivery which he ordered for me of a huge hamper full of lots of fresh fruits and a few muffins. He said he didn’t want to ruin my hard work too much so went for a fresh fruit hamper as opposed to the usual chocolate and sweets😭 so sweet and thoughtful. The fruit looks so good as well!
That's so lovely! Out of interest, how are you celebrating your anniversary? I've been with my boyfriend 7 years next month and we're in the same situation :(

Reactions: 1
That's so lovely! Out of interest, how are you celebrating your anniversary? I've been with my boyfriend 7 years next month and we're in the same situation :(
We went on a walk today together so we could actually see each other😂 the original plan was to order each other a takeaway of our choice then sit and eat on FaceTime together just having a chat but I’m so determined to lose weight that I’ve said I’ll just cook something 😂 he said there’s an app you can use to like be on a video call whilst watching Netflix together too, a bit like Netflix party but with cameras, so we might do that too. So hard to think of anything different and special to do isn’t it😩

Reactions: 3
Over a week now I am still 10 stone 10. I even reduced my calories for the last few days.

Arrrrrrrrgh! 😫🤪
YOUR NAME! YOUR PICTURE! I’m howling 😂😂😂😂 I had to re-watch his diet plan sketch the other day.

Don’t worry about it... after all, Saturday... is treat day.

• Haha
Morning everyone!

I bought the Renpho scales after recommendations on here - wow, much better than my Aria ones (which are going straight on FB marketplace!)
6.7lbs down in January 😳

I still have 2st to lose but that’s such a motivation for me. I can’t say clothes feel less tight but most of my weight gain is around my back and tummy (I’m a potato!)

I’m off to drag my boyfriend out on a 90 minute dog walk. He’s ecstatic 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Hi guys! I’m a first time poster but have been watching this thread for a while !
I’m currently 19lbs down and am hoping to lose another 14lbs ( at least) as I graduate uni in august! Although Ideally I’d love to lose it by may.

I’m quite slow at loosing weight normally 1lb maybe 2lbs a week but recently took up running 3 weeks ago and am LOVING it ! I ran my first 3k this week so am defo a beginner! I also lost a stone back in 2019 ( and put it all back on grrrr! As motivation was lost after the holiday & going to the pub at the weekend took over) through swimming 4x a week so know the best way for me to lose weight and keep it off is through exercising! I’m so determined not to put all this weight on again this time

My biggest tip is that I find if I eat too little I find myself having smaller losses than if I eat in a good calorie deficit of 1500-1600 calories.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hi guys! I’m a first time poster but have been watching this thread for a while !
I’m currently 19lbs down and am hoping to lose another 14lbs ( at least) as I graduate uni in august! Although Ideally I’d love to lose it by may.

I’m quite slow at loosing weight normally 1lb maybe 2lbs a week but recently took up running 3 weeks ago and am LOVING it ! I ran my first 3k this week so am defo a beginner! I also lost a stone back in 2019 ( and put it all back on grrrr! As motivation was lost after the holiday & going to the pub at the weekend took over) through swimming 4x a week so know the best way for me to lose weight and keep it off is through exercising! I’m so determined not to put all this weight on again this time

My biggest tip is that I find if I eat too little I find myself having smaller losses than if I eat in a good calorie deficit of 1500-1600 calories.
19lbs is amazing!!!! Well done you! 💪🏼

• Heart

Do you mean that if you eat less than 1500-1600 calories your weight loss is slower? I think this might be what happens for me. I’ve set my limit at 1600 but I’m generally having somewhere between 1450 and 1550 calories, I’m exercising 6x a week and apart from the first week where I dropped 4lbs I’ve lost nothing now for 2 weeks. I did have my period but I’ve lost weight during periods before. Last year in the first lockdown I was determined to come out of it at the weight I wanted and so I was having 1100-1200 calories a day and exercising for up to 2 hours but it just wouldn’t shift. As soon as I started throwing in the odd Chinese takeaway and McDonald’s it started dropping off. Even the first time round I lost 7stone I used to eat more. But even though I kind of can see that’s happened I feel really reluctant to up my calories. In fact I was thinking of dropping them a bit. It’s weird how bodies work 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
19lbs is amazing!!!! Well done you! 💪🏼
Thank you so much !! ☺

Do you mean that if you eat less than 1500-1600 calories your weight loss is slower? I think this might be what happens for me. I’ve set my limit at 1600 but I’m generally having somewhere between 1450 and 1550 calories, I’m exercising 6x a week and apart from the first week where I dropped 4lbs I’ve lost nothing now for 2 weeks. I did have my period but I’ve lost weight during periods before. Last year in the first lockdown I was determined to come out of it at the weight I wanted and so I was having 1100-1200 calories a day and exercising for up to 2 hours but it just wouldn’t shift. As soon as I started throwing in the odd Chinese takeaway and McDonald’s it started dropping off. Even the first time round I lost 7stone I used to eat more. But even though I kind of can see that’s happened I feel really reluctant to up my calories. In fact I was thinking of dropping them a bit. It’s weird how bodies work 🤷🏻‍♀️
You’ve literally described my weight loss journey! I was exactly the same eating around 1200 calories a day and exercising 5x a week yet after 2 weeks my weight loss halted. As soon as I started eating 3 balanced meals of 1500-1600 calories and exercising 3/4 days a week i was losing at least 1lb every week. While also having a takeaway every Friday - although I was making sure to not over indulge with a dominos or go all out on a chinese like I used to but instead having a chicken curry with boiled rice etc.
I was worried too about upping my calories as I thought I might put on weight. The first week I maintained after upping and then have lost most weeks since !

I used a BMR calculator to workout my calorie deficit. There’s lots of website that do it for you and YouTube videos that explain it. I would really recommend using it if you haven’t already as It works out your calorie deficit through taking into account your height, age, current weight and your activity levels.

I hope this is helpful although I am not dietician it’s just what works for me! X

Last edited:
Thank you so much !! ☺

You’ve literally described my weight loss journey! I was exactly the same eating around 1200 calories a day and exercising 5x a week yet after 2 weeks my weight loss halted. As soon as I started eating 3 balanced meals of 1500-1600 calories and exercising 3/4 days a week i was losing at least 1lb every week. While also having a takeaway every Friday - although I was making sure to not over indulge with a dominos or go all out on a chinese like I used to but instead having a chicken curry with boiled rice etc.
I was worried too about upping my calories as I thought I might put on weight. The first week I maintained after upping and then have lost most weeks since !

I used a BMR calculator to workout my calorie deficit. There’s lots of website that do it for you and YouTube videos that explain it. I would really recommend using it if you haven’t already as It works out your calorie deficit through taking into account your height, age, current weight and your activity levels.

I hope this is helpful although I am not dietician it’s just what works for me! X
I remember a conversation at a weight loss group one time where the girl in front of me was concerned that she wasn't losing. She was asked to keep a log of what she actually ate and the following week was told that she was cutting her calories too much and needed to add in more vegetables and protein. I know some do try cycling their calories, a bit like the 5:2 diet, you don't have the same number of calories every day, this is to avoid your body adjusting to the calories you have coming in. Sometimes in the past where my weight loss has stalled I have a big cheat night meal and next day it's started shifting off again. I suppose if you worked out how many calories you need over the course of a week then divide the calories up so you might have more on Saturday and Sunday and less during the week with two quite low-calorie days (not adjacent days though) I might give this a go and see if I can kick-start my metabolism. This might though be a bonkers idea.

Reactions: 6
I remember a conversation at a weight loss group one time where the girl in front of me was concerned that she wasn't losing. She was asked to keep a log of what she actually ate and the following week was told that she was cutting her calories too much and needed to add in more vegetables and protein. I know some do try cycling their calories, a bit like the 5:2 diet, you don't have the same number of calories every day, this is to avoid your body adjusting to the calories you have coming in. Sometimes in the past where my weight loss has stalled I have a big cheat night meal and next day it's started shifting off again. I suppose if you worked out how many calories you need over the course of a week then divide the calories up so you might have more on Saturday and Sunday and less during the week with two quite low-calorie days (not adjacent days though) I might give this a go and see if I can kick-start my metabolism. This might though be a bonkers idea.
I do something similar. I have just over 1800 calories on sat and sun and just over 1200 calories for the rest of the week. On nutracheck you can set easier days!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone! Just spent the last while reading through these threads. Congrats to everyone on their progress so far.

I lost 4 stone 3lbs during lockdown last year. Put 10lbs back on over Christmas 🤦‍♀️ but I’ve lost 8 of those in January.

Hoping to lose at least another 2 1/2 stone this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hi everyone! Just spent the last while reading through these threads. Congrats to everyone on their progress so far.

I lost 4 stone 3lbs during lockdown last year. Put 10lbs back on over Christmas 🤦‍♀️ but I’ve lost 8 of those in January.

Hoping to lose at least another 2 1/2 stone this year!
Wow this is amazing!! Tell us all of your secrets 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.