Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker. Thank you for all the motivation everyone. I’ve been working hard since 1st Jan after gaining weight last year in lockdowns. I don’t know how much I put as I didn’t weigh myself before starting 🙈 ive been sticking to my calories from TDEE and working out for 45 mins 4-5 days a week, the most I’ve done in a very long time. I weighed myself two weeks ago and this morning and I’ve put on a pound. I’m absolutely gutted 😞 obviously I’m going to carry on because I don’t have another choice. I really thought with the huge changes I’ve made the weight would at least come off consistently. I definitely feel better in myself and my clothes and the workouts are good for my mental health. I’m thinking now that perhaps I shouldn’t weigh myself if it’s making me feel like this. People that don’t weigh, how do you track your progress? I need to lose around 1-1.5 stone

• Sad
Reactions: 3
@Curlywurly85 could you be gaining muscle mass instead? That’s a great amount of exercise! A few people on here take their measurements and track inches lost off their waist etc, I’m not sure if that would work for you?

Long time lurker. Thank you for all the motivation everyone. I’ve been working hard since 1st Jan after gaining weight last year in lockdowns. I don’t know how much I put as I didn’t weigh myself before starting 🙈 ive been sticking to my calories from TDEE and working out for 45 mins 4-5 days a week, the most I’ve done in a very long time. I weighed myself two weeks ago and this morning and I’ve put on a pound. I’m absolutely gutted 😞 obviously I’m going to carry on because I don’t have another choice. I really thought with the huge changes I’ve made the weight would at least come off consistently. I definitely feel better in myself and my clothes and the workouts are good for my mental health. I’m thinking now that perhaps I shouldn’t weigh myself if it’s making me feel like this. People that don’t weigh, how do you track your progress? I need to lose around 1-1.5 stone
Maybe take progress pictures and measurements?? The scales definitely don’t always reflect your work and there could be many reasons the scales don’t budge (water, time of the month, or just whether you’ve been the toilet or not!!). I shared a picture on here a little while ago I saw on Instagram of some progress pictures with a clearly huge difference in them yet the scales were saying the same weight! Don’t be discouraged! At the end of the day, the scales are just a number... a statistic, the reason we are all on this journey is to be healthier and happier people... not to change a statistic!! If you’re feeling better in yourself then keep on going! Take progress pictures (and measurements if you want to) and use them to spur you on when the scales don’t move!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If you're only weighing every fortnight, like Prinny said, there are so many reasons why you could have gained one pound - it could have been a high salt meal, hormones, water retention, different clothes.

I weigh daily because then fluctuations bother me less but if it's making you feel really bad then I agree that measurements are the way to go - either through a tape measure, through the string method (where you mark measurements on a piece of string and then see it get looser) or through clothing changes.

• Heart
If you're only weighing every fortnight, like Prinny said, there are so many reasons why you could have gained one pound - it could have been a high salt meal, hormones, water retention, different clothes.

I weigh daily because then fluctuations bother me less but if it's making you feel really bad then I agree that measurements are the way to go - either through a tape measure, through the string method (where you mark measurements on a piece of string and then see it get looser) or through clothing changes.
Thank you both! I took my measurements and a photo 2 weeks ago so I will redo them in a months time and focus on those and how my clothes feel.
I thought by weighing less frequently I’d not get obsessed but I think it’s worse. Definitely need to focus on all the positives and not one negative!

Reactions: 2
It won't be fat, 100% not if you've been sticking to calorie deficit. It could be water weight, or TOTM?

Reactions: 1
Over a stone down now, since December. Anyone tried FitOn? It looks really good from what I can see!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So - what is everyone getting for their payday takeaway (if you're having one)?

Battered sausage and chips for me then straight back on track tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So - what is everyone getting for their payday takeaway (if you're having one)?

Battered sausage and chips for me then straight back on track tomorrow.
I feel like I’ve talked about pay day takeaway on this thread for so long and I’m SOOOOO EXCITED!!! I haven’t had a takeaway since NYE which I think is probably the longest I’ve ever gone😶😂

I’m going for a McDonald’s! Over and done with in one meal (I’m in a house share so cook for myself so the likes of Chinese takes me normally 2 days to eat!) which means I can get back on it straight away tomorrow!! I’ve worked out my meal and it can fit in with my daily calories if I’m strict the rest of the day but I’m not fussed about going over a little bit once a month, it’s not like it’ll ruin all the hard work the rest of the time.

6 chicken nugs, large fries, cheese melt dippers and a smarties McFlurry 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Weighed again this morning - a little over 6lbs/almost 3kg loss over January. Whoever recommended the Libra app - thank you! It's frustrating to see the very little changes but when I look at the overall progress, it really motivated me and cheered me up. I may be going slow but at least it's going in the direction I want. Considering that I haven't been as careful as I could have been, this really is showing me that I can do it when I commit to it. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Weighed again this morning - a little over 6lbs/almost 3kg loss over January. Whoever recommended the Libra app - thank you! It's frustrating to see the very little changes but when I look at the overall progress, it really motivated me and cheered me up. I may be going slow but at least it's going in the direction I want. Considering that I haven't been as careful as I could have been, this really is showing me that I can do it when I commit to it. 😭
6lbs is amazing, well done!!⭐ Shows you can do it whilst still having treats and not being too restrictive though, which means you’re more likely to continue!

I have a weightloss insta page and put something on there about only losing 1lb last week and someone said to me that you wouldn’t moan if at the end of the year you had lost 52lbs / 3.5 stone which put it into perspective for me! Those little losses add up and the difference will definitely still be noticeable!

Well done✨✨

• Heart
so happy for everyone's improvement! 💜
we had a big moment yesterday 😂 my bf stopped smoking with me but he didn't throw away his tobacco so he had the odd fag here and there but last night he only had a little bit left so he rolled us 1 each and went up to me and said: ok let's reward ourselves with these and then the pack is done and i'm never buying one again. i couldn't even get to half i hated it! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Weighing in a day early, as I'm having tonight off, too:

Week 1: -5
Week 2: -2
Week 3: -3
Week 4: -2
Week 5: -2

Hit my 1 stone target for January. Big thanks to everyone on this thread for the group motivation. It's really helped!

I know it's going to slow right down so my goal for February is 7 lbs and to up my exercise - not for weight loss but for feeling good. :) Good luck all and if you're taking tonight off, ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Hit my 1 stone target for January. Big thanks to everyone on this thread for the group motivation. It's really helped!

I know it's going to slow right down so my goal for February is 7 lbs and to up my exercise - not for weight loss but for feeling good. :) Good luck all and if you're taking tonight off, ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT!
Well done I’ve been following your amazing progress since the beginning so happy for you 🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Hey ladies! Me again, I’ve also weighed in early as desperate for the payday take away tonight too! 🤤 I can’t believe I’ve made it to the end of the month which was never happened before, it’s feels surreal at the beginning of January I felt so unfit and generally unhealthy it was ruining my relationships with people but especially my daughter I never want her to hear the words ‘fat’ ect that’s all I felt, something needed to change!
With the help of the YouTube dance work outs and the walking ones too.
I have lost a stone, I can’t quite believe my eyes I had a big cry this morning because I just remember how I feel every summer and it’s awful! I tried on some of my summer clothes and cried but this time with happiness! My camera roll is full of pictures since day one and it is amazing to see the progress on camera not just the scales I’m more worried about how I look overall rather than a number on the scales. I love all your journeys it’s so inspiring hers to 2021 🥂 xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Feeling so happy for everyone! 🥺

No numerical change this week but that’s okay because I’m still 8kg down and my body is changing 😊

having Chinese tonight and my replacement Fitbit should be arriving! Here’s to next week 🎉🎈

• Heart

Well done I’ve been following your amazing progress since the beginning so happy for you 🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍

Hey ladies! Me again, I’ve also weighed in early as desperate for the payday take away tonight too! 🤤 I can’t believe I’ve made it to the end of the month which was never happened before, it’s feels surreal at the beginning of January I felt so unfit and generally unhealthy it was ruining my relationships with people but especially my daughter I never want her to hear the words ‘fat’ ect that’s all I felt, something needed to change!
With the help of the YouTube dance work outs and the walking ones too.
I have lost a stone, I can’t quite believe my eyes I had a big cry this morning because I just remember how I feel every summer and it’s awful! I tried on some of my summer clothes and cried but this time with happiness! My camera roll is full of pictures since day one and it is amazing to see the progress on camera not just the scales I’m more worried about how I look overall rather than a number on the scales. I love all your journeys it’s so inspiring hers to 2021 🥂 xx
Feeling so happy for everyone! 🥺

No numerical change this week but that’s okay because I’m still 8kg down and my body is changing 😊

having Chinese tonight and my replacement Fitbit should be arriving! Here’s to next week 🎉🎈
Congratulations all 🤩🤩🤩 everyone has done so amazing! ⭐

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.