Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning all, hope you're all good. @prinnygrace your dad sounds lovely, bless him.

Still feeling the effects of the vaccine and still barely eating so who knows what's the deal will be on weigh day on Saturday :LOL: it's annoying because even if I lose some it'll be 'false' if you know what I mean. I just don't have any appetite though, it's weird.
He’s an absolute gem bless him💗 I’ve not known anyone else to have that side effect, very strange! Hopefully you’ll be back up and running very soon!!

————
Thank you all for your loveliness regarding my Dad yesterday. We had a lovely FaceTime call last night with my brother and it seemed to really cheer him up. There were a lot of weird emotions flying round with still being sad that his step-dad had passed whilst recognising that he was an awful man. BUT for the first time in as long as I can remember I didn’t turn to food to deal with my emotions and I stayed completely on plan 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 Feel good for it today.

I have some returns to do today so going to walk to the post office after I finish work. About a 30-40 minute round walk depending if I go the long way or not (it’s my plan right now but I’ll see if I can be bothered later😂). Looking forward to some fresh air after the awful weather we have had.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I can totally relate having a disordered view of yourself and so any gain is disastrous. So thank you for being honest.

Had a tit week last week and that resulted in inconsistent food choices. My head is still all over the place. I have a picture on my phone where I was tiny (in the middle of massive restriction and over exercising) and I thought that would get me motivated. Seems not.

Decided to try to reduce exercise (as that triggers binging at the moment) and just eat well as that makes me feel happier and less rubbish.

As an ex teacher who taught psychology and did a degree in the stupid subject I should be able to get myself out of this mess!!!!!

I love hearing about everyone’s days and what they are eating thank you 🙂.

Thankyou for replying and being so kind. I know to some people i probably sound ridiculous because im aware im no where near being overweight. But it really is something that massively impacts on my mental health. I suppose it doesnt help that my mum is tiny- i mean really tiny, like 7stone tiny and yet she also thinks she is 'fat'. And that is the kind of household i grew up in, so that also impacts on why im the way i am.
I really dont love myself at all- quite the opposite, but i was always the slim petite one, and i thought that was all i had to offer. So when i became 'average', it really messed with me. Probably because i think that little of myself, i dont think i have anything to offer now. The saddest thing is, is everyone tells me i look so much better now ive put on a little weight And dont get me wrong, im so glad im no longer injecting poison into me, but i just think they are telling lies to make me feel better. I am also strange in when i look at catalogues or online shopping, i dont even think the models who are tiny are that attractive, and i think people look so much better with curves. But i cant recognise that with myself.

Sorry for going on and on, its just i dont always get the opportunity to really be honest about myself. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Renpho indeed!
Ugh guys I’m not in the best mood at the minute, last week we had snow so instead of doing a quick tabata and skipping workout outside we tried to do it in the kitchen, and my ankles are in bits, I think because of the hard floor and my body’s not used to the skipping?

A week later and I’m still struggling with aching and swelling ☹ I’ve started trying to ice and elevate them at night, take pain and do some stretching exercises, but it’s hard when I’m sat at my desk all day. My usual go to workouts are dancing and Zumba and involve a lot of bouncing around which hurts so much, I’m doing weights and some good old walking with Leslie but god its sooooo annoying, I have the motivation but still can’t do much. I went on the nhs website for swollen ankles and it said to lose weight - hello I’m trying here 😅

Not really sure what I’m asking, it’s a bit of a vent, but if anyone knows any low impact workouts please share before I go out of my mind 😭

Have you tried this? To be fair there are many low/no impact workouts on Youtube but if you search for hurt foot ankle workouts I think better options will show up at least until you heal properly. x

Reactions: 4
I do it because I genuinely cannot tolerate food first thing in the morning (well, before about 11.30am) and if I don't, I either get a headache or, as I did last time I tried being sensible, my legs give out on me (partly POTS related lack of salt/moody blood pressure). I don't particularly like them as they're so sweet, but I can tolerate them - just about - before leaving for the bus at around 6.15am.

Was in the office today and for the rest of the week. Already done triple my maximum step count and distance compared to the last month, and it was a slow, dragging, almost agonisingly boring day.

Unfortunately, I had too much to eat when I got home (Burns Night, obvs), and I was so knackered and bloated that I had to enlist Mr D to help me get my two pairs of trousers off (it's bloody cold walking from the bus stop to where I work at 6.30am). But, on the other hand, I could fit two pairs of trousers on at once instead of barely managing the single pair that normal people wear...
I know this was a few days ago but I'm doing OMAD at the moment and put a little bit of himalayan salt in my water bottle that I drink throughout the day which stops the shakes/faintness

Reactions: 1
Another vote for Renpho here, they're great, although for some reason mine think I'm a centimetre shorter than I actually am and I can't figure out how to change it (it's converted 5'5" to 164cm instead of 165), so the BMI calculation is slightly off, which is annoying.

Is it better than MyFitnessPal? That’s what I’ve been using! The free version not premium.

Also, has anyone tried the MyProtein Pancake mixes?
I vastly prefer NC to MFP. I've tried MFP multiple times over the years and it always messed with my head. I think that was because it made my calories too low - even setting it for 1/2lb a week it suggested 1200 while NC suggests 1950. Now that I'm having more food I don't feel the deprivation-binge-shame-deprivation cycle that MFP put me in. This feels really sustainable.

Also, from a technical standpoint the app is much better. It has most UK foods scannable but only has one entry for everyday foods so when you type something like 'red onions, raw' it will give you one answer for raw red onions rather than 40 different ones people have added. It also has sensible measurements rather than clicking 'lettuce' and having it measured in tablespoons. Having the pictures makes it easier to enter quicker and I've found the recipe builder a lot more streamlined.

The only thing it doesn't have that MFP has is the 'in five weeks you'll weigh...' calculation but I prefer not having it as the numbers were way off. At the rate I've been eating MFP used to tell me I'd gain weight but I'm still losing. I also haven't seen blog posts but you can easily read those on MFP still.

If you do go for a trial don't buy it straight away, let it run out and you get an offer for £23 for a year which is around 50% off.

• Heart
I can't bring myself to measure things like oil which is probably where I'm going wrong!

Decided to change my weigh day to Saturday morning rather than Monday... then I don't have the weekend treats behind me 😆

Reactions: 5
I can't bring myself to measure things like oil which is probably where I'm going wrong!

Decided to change my weigh day to Saturday morning rather than Monday... then I don't have the weekend treats behind me 😆
Oil is staggeringly calorie heavy! I've cut back massively, it scared me how liberal I was pre NutraCheck knowledge :ROFLMAO:

I'd rather use oil and have less other stuff than use frylight - it's one of the things I'm enjoying about calorie counting versus when I've done slimming world, I don't have to feel guilty about having tuna in oil instead of tuna in water. I have cut drastically back on the amount of lurpak I was using though, that one really shocked me. Would have easily been 200-300 before.

I weigh/measure everything apart from herbs/spices/vinegars. I know some things like curry powder can be surprisingly high but while I've still got a lot to lose I'm not worried about it making much of a difference overall.

This is the thing I love about low carb, I have a lot of olive oil and a lot of butter and cheese and still lose weight. Lunch today was a load of brussels sprouts (which I adore) mashed with butter and covered in grated cheddar. Do I miss cake, biscuits, chocolate, pasta, rice, bread, crisps etc. etc.? Yes. But I also feel vastly healthier for not eating them.

Thanks for the recommendations and advice everyone, going to stick to my weights tonight and look up a few upper body things for later in the week.. hopefully the ankles have sorted themselves out for some walks at the weekend. Seems Sod’s law that I have the motivation to exercise and my body gives up 😞 it’s so weird because I did the same work out three times the week before, outside, and it was fine! Who’d have thought my kitchen floor was harder than my concrete patio. It makes no sense 🤦🏻‍♀️ My other half mentioned about ankle supports, I’ll see if I can track some down. I really wanted to start couch to 5k when it gets lighter but can’t imagine running at all at the moment.

Got out on a 40 minute walk today which felt SO nice. It’s been over a week since I went on a walk because of snow and ice😩 trying to take advantage of the couple of dry days we have until the rain is back!

Right cutting breakfast out really isn't working for me. Im having my lunch at 11am and having a snacident about 3/4. We don't normally have dinner until gone 6 because of my partner getting back from work.

Feeling abit tit today about schools not re opening untill March. Id love a bath a bottle of wine and a take away 😒. Home schooling, wfh and looking after a toddler is really stressful and draining now. That extra 3 weeks is like a massive kick in the fanny. My partner is out the house 8-6 so I feel like a bloody single mum. Shout out to all the singal parents out there, duck me its hard!

• Heart
Went for the rephno scale in the end thanks for the recommendations everyone!!

Had a pretty okay day today food wise, I very much had a “OMG I WILL NEVER NOT BE FAT” moment when I ate about 8 chips that were left over from dinner but I’m pretty sure I stayed within my calorie limit/definitely in at least some deficit so it’s no big deal. My partner made the most delicious pasta this evening: lasagne sheets broken up, low fat soft cheese, cut up bacon, chestnut mushrooms and asparagus 👌🏼 Delicious.

Still really proud of myself I’ve made it to nearly the end of January and had no proper big blow outs and I’m drinking so much more water and just essentially not eating chocolate for every meal of the day and I’ve now not had Coke for nearly a month...which I don’t think I’ve done since sixth form 🙃 If I end the month keeping a stone off I’ll feel like I’ve achieved so much!!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I didn't need all my tea last night so saved some chicken for breakfast but had already weighed and counted it yesterday so it isn't included in todays count of 1745 which was:

Breakfast: oregano chicken wrap
Lunch: tuna and tomato wrap
Snacks: banana, crisps
Tea: made a really nice bean and vegetable chilli which has: (tinned) red kidney beans, borlotti beans, green beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes, (fresh) red onion, celery, carrot and garlic with yellow mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chilli flakes and paprika. Nicest thing I've had all month so far and I've got leftovers for tomorrow. Even though it makes a really big meal half of it was only 555 calories and seven portions of veg.

Reactions: 2
Oil is staggeringly calorie heavy! I've cut back massively, it scared me how liberal I was pre NutraCheck knowledge :ROFLMAO:
I know! It’s awful! I’m going to buy some fry light this weekend, but luckily I don’t use much oil and not often either

Reactions: 3
Finally taken the plunge and downloaded nutracheck! I've used MFP for a year so I'm intrigued to see if NC is better. Question- I never know what to put for the activity level when they ask you how active you are. I'm a nurse so on my feet all day at work however I work 3x 13.5hr shifts a week. I try and do an hour walk on my days off. so I feel maybe moderately active which is described as "on your feet most of the day" is the best one?

Reactions: 3
Still on the CICO wagon. Felt incredibly tired today and it was dead at work - it was all I could do not to fall asleep and I found the hourly walking around the building really heavy going/didn't wake me up at all.

As I am also due on in five days, I figured it was probably an evening to have more food (my breakfast/lunch was about 490 kcal in total and I've had a couple of days this week when I have come in well under target). I think the getting up early and the extra moving around for work was a bit too much compared to my intake.

So we've had beetroot pasta and I've been snacking all the way up to my TDEE. I feel full but not unpleasantly so and I'm going to try for an earlier night in the hope that I get more than 4 hours' sleep.

I know! It’s awful! I’m going to buy some fry light this weekend, but luckily I don’t use much oil and not often either
I prefer to plan to have the oil, as some are good for you. Just like I do butter; I'd rather have it less frequently and then not shirk on it when it's necessary rather than get involved with margarine and other abominations; like the pasta we had for tea - no gloopy sauce, but a drizzle of olive oil, olive pesto and sea salt/black pepper along with some salad, which tastes better and works out fewer calories than the ingredients in a cheese sauce.

Finally taken the plunge and downloaded nutracheck! I've used MFP for a year so I'm intrigued to see if NC is better. Question- I never know what to put for the activity level when they ask you how active you are. I'm a nurse so on my feet all day at work however I work 3x 13.5hr shifts a week. I try and do an hour walk on my days off. so I feel maybe moderately active which is described as "on your feet most of the day" is the best one?
I'd reckon Moderate on average - but with the proviso that you eat more on days where you are working, as your activity level would definitely be High on those days.

I thought I’d use fry light just to keep within my allowance yesterday and I’d forgotten how it doesn’t really work well for frying.

I’ve recently discovered miso paste and it’s great for adding low cal flavour to protein. I made a pasta dish which was lovely with a sauce using low fat creme fraiche, miso paste and Dijon mustard. It also had onion, garlic, mushrooms, courgette and broccoli and salmon but all of that is interchangeable.

I thought I’d use fry light just to keep within my allowance yesterday and I’d forgotten how it doesn’t really work well for frying.

I’ve recently discovered miso paste and it’s great for adding low cal flavour to protein. I made a pasta dish which was lovely with a sauce using low fat creme fraiche, miso paste and Dijon mustard. It also had onion, garlic, mushrooms, courgette and broccoli and salmon but all of that is interchangeable.
I really like miso! Never occurred to me to use it in sauces.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.