Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s some low cal pasta recipes out there!! Bulk it out with protein and veg and have less actual pasta! I love making creamy pasta with low calorie soft cheese. There’s no need to cut anything out your diet, just eat it in moderation and learn how to cook it in healthier ways or using slightly healthier alternatives (e.g whole meal)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Re pasta, have a look at some of the lentil or pea based ones, high in protein and fibre but you’re still getting your pasta fix. I am going to make pasta this week with pea fusilli and a can of pre-made ratatouille which is so good for you but a really quick meal as well.
This is such a good idea! Gonna do it in the next week or so

Reactions: 2
I feel you, carby snacks are my downfall, I could demolish a share bag of crisps a day easily! I had a couple of days like that in my first week, but since then I’ve tried to amend my usual go to recipes so I’m still eating the food I enjoy, guilt free.

Re pasta, have a look at some of the lentil or pea based ones, high in protein and fibre but you’re still getting your pasta fix. I am going to make pasta this week with pea fusilli and a can of pre-made ratatouille which is so good for you but a really quick meal as well.

Haha I get what you mean! I don’t put any fruit in mine, just on top when I serve it up. I’ve added strawberry skyr yoghurt so it has a nicer taste and more protein.

Scones for breakfast though.. sounds like a dream 😋 what kind of scones do you have?
So recipe is;
50g porridge oats (30 cal)
1 tsp Splenda (2 cals)
1 small egg (54 cals)
30 mls coconut milk (8 cals)
20g nutella (106 cals)

Method is; pop into a small dish/ramekin whatever you have (needs to be oven proof)
pop porridge oats, sweetener, and egg into dish and mix through, then add coconut milk and mix again.
Pop a little well in centre, and spoon in your 20g of nutella, and sort of spoon the sides up over the blob of nutella to cover.
Put into oven at 170 for 30-35 mins
And you're done!
You can make a few batches and when they're cooled, put them into the fridge and take one out each morning and just reheat in micro for 30 secs and the nutella goes all gooey. filling and delicious and only 200 cals :) they'll last in fridge for about 4 days so you can get nearly a week of brekkies out of them pre made :) I bought little white ramekins in tesco, 2 per pack for like €1.90and perfect size :)

Reactions: 1
Remember that it's not just about the way you look - losing weight will also really really impact your health. And surely it would be better to be a healthy weight even with a slight belly than not at all! Skin sagging varies majorly from person to person and some people don't get it at all.
Don't mean to sound mean, trying to keep you motivated!

i wish I had your willpower! The scales and I have an up and down (literally haha) relationship
True, thanks for the kick up the butt comment. I would like to lose my apron belly as it makes me feel so unconfident 🙈 but at least working out walking and eating the right foods will be so good for me long term and prevent any nasty life long issues. I already feel better and less sluggish. I am so embarrassed I got to this point and feel a pig, 20 stone is somewhere I'd never expect to get.

So recipe is;
1 tsp Splenda (2 cals)
1 small egg (54 cals)
20g nutella (106 cals)

Method is; pop into a small dish/ramekin whatever you have (needs to be oven proof)
pop porridge oats, sweetener, and egg into dish and mix through, then add coconut milk and mix again.
Pop a little well in centre, and spoon in your 20g of nutella, and sort of spoon the sides up over the blob of nutella to cover.
And you're done!
You can make a few batches and when they're cooled, put them into the fridge and take one out each morning and just reheat in micro for 30 secs and the nutella goes all gooey. filling and delicious and only 200 cals :) they'll last in fridge for about 4 days so you can get nearly a week of brekkies out of them pre made :) I bought little white ramekins in tesco, 2 per pack for like €1.90and perfect size :)
Omfg this sounds incredible 🤤 thanks for sharing lovely!

On a related note, how small is a serving of Nutella 😅 I was horrified when I first weighed out a teaspoon of it, but it goes quite far when melted. And since it’s nut based.. it’s basically a health food right? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3

On a related note, how small is a serving of Nutella 😅 I was horrified when I first weighed out a teaspoon of it, but it goes quite far when melted. And since it’s nut based.. it’s basically a health food right? 🤣
I love to add a splash of almond milk to nutella, heat it up in the microwave and pour it over strawberries and a chopped up banana 🙈

• Wow

omg I know, one serving is 15g, that's hardly anything and it's like 87 cals or something! But I found a way to get 20g of it into the brekkie oats and my oh my it does not disappoint, but I do love a bit of sweetness! It goes so gooey in the centre, amazing :) I make it for my other half too but he always asks me to add in some extra splenda as he likes his oats quite sweet, so I generally add in 2 extra tsps in his, still only works out at 204 cals!

omg I know, one serving is 15g, that's hardly anything and it's like 87 cals or something! But I found a way to get 20g of it into the brekkie oats and my oh my it does not disappoint, but I do love a bit of sweetness! It goes so gooey in the centre, amazing :) I make it for my other half too but he always asks me to add in some extra splenda as he likes his oats quite sweet, so I generally add in 2 extra tsps in his, still only works out at 204 cals!
I have a tablespoon (not weighed out but probably worth it 🤪) in my porridge every morning with some strawberries and it is 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼 Sets me right up for the day and curbs the chocolate craving 99% of the time!

Also don’t quote me on this one but the aldi version of Nutella is slightly lower in calories I believe.

Reactions: 4
Just ordered some lodough pizza bases! Only 39 calories for the base and they’re not too expensive so if I like them I’ll be very happy to have Friday night pizzas back in my life without only being able to eat half😅 looks like it can be used for quiche or wraps and things too so looking forward to trying them!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Just ordered some lodough pizza bases! Only 39 calories for the base and they’re not too expensive so if I like them I’ll be very happy to have Friday night pizzas back in my life without only being able to eat half😅 looks like it can be used for quiche or wraps and things too so looking forward to trying them!
Oooo you’ll have to let us know what they’re like! I’m intrigued x

Oooo you’ll have to let us know what they’re like! I’m intrigued x
I will do!! I saw someone using them who has a weightloss tiktok account and they looked pretty good. Just hope it doesn’t taste of cardboard😅

• Haha
Wowww gonna look this up for sure!!

Ive ordered some too! And some southern fried chicken seasoning and the 65 CALORIE BROWNIES WHAT THE duck!!!! This is incredible 😍😍😍

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
So recipe is;
1 tsp Splenda (2 cals)
1 small egg (54 cals)
20g nutella (106 cals)

And you're done!
I really hate to have to say this but 50g of porridge oats is around 187 calories, not 30. Really really sorry 😬

Reactions: 7
really? I bought the tesco ones, that's what it says on side of pack ?
I don’t know about the Tesco ones but Quakers Oats are about 187 and I Googled oats in general just to be sure and it was saying around the same. Maybe the Tesco ones are a different kind of oats? I don’t know but oats are quite dense so I would be surprised if 50g in oats is that low in calories. But would be very happy to be wrong! 👍🏻

Which Tesco oats are you using?
Irish porridge oats? Just uploaded photos on my post there!

I don’t know about the Tesco ones but Quakers Oats are about 187 and I Googled oats in general just to be sure and it was saying around the same. Maybe the Tesco ones are a different kind of oats? I don’t know but oats are quite dense so I would be surprised if 50g in oats is that low in calories. But would be very happy to be wrong! 👍🏻
Irish porridge oats, just uploaded the pics on the post, omg nooooooo I was on to something!!

Just to let you know my experience of lodough - low carb so helpful on keto/low carb diets and dieting in general. Taste and texture was off for me - they taste slightly sweet which is a big no for me (hate mixing sweet/savoury together) and are quite soggy if eaten as a wrap rather than a pizza base.

On the topic of use as a pizza base it might be helpful to know they are very clear about how they should be used as a pizza base which is that the whole thing has to be covered in cheese end-to-end. That is because they don’t deal well with heat - it blackens and burns very, very quickly. To cover sufficiently requires a fair bit of cheese which for me negated the benefits of using them in the first place, but for people on an Atkins/keto style diet the high fat is ok as it is low carb.

One other thing is that they come in packets of two and they go off very quickly so make sure you store in an airtight container. I had an opened one in the cupboard in the summer for two days and it was blue with mould when I came to use it.

Also I would avoid the lodough cake bar at all costs - it was nasty and not worth the price/calories!

Irish porridge oats? Just uploaded photos on my post there!

Irish porridge oats, just uploaded the pics on the post, omg nooooooo I was on to something!!
🤷🏻‍♀️It does say that, I’m very confused if they’re the same as other oats as how could they be 150calories less than normal oats?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.