Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lost a kg this week after tracking calories and getting 10000 steps a day. Hoping for the same this week as I would rather lose it slow and steady than be very restrictive which I can never stick to!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hope everyone else has had a nice valentines weekend 💖 I have gone majorly over my calories these past couple of days but enjoyed every bite! Back on it tomorrow 💪🏻
Me too! Had a total day off today but it’s the first time in six weeks so I’m not going to beat myself up and I’m really enjoying myself 😁 Back to it in the morning 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hello everyone!! First time on this thread, and it’s really inspiring to read all the posts!!
My issue is water retention, and I wanted to ask if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of it naturally, as I’d like to at least try that route before going to the doctors. Any tips/recipes etc would be greatly appreciated 😊❤

Hi all new to the thread, so happy I found it though as I am staring again today in trying to lose weight (although I have been saying this everyday for the past year).
I'm shaking as I write this as I am so ashamed of my weight but i'm going to take a deep breath and be brave........I have weighed myself today and I am 16st 4lbs. I feel and look awful and I am struggling to keep up with my very energetic 4 year old son. I have a pretty terrible relationship with food (always have done), and I am a binge-eater, it used to be once or twice a week- but now it is everyday and I can't handle feeling like this anymore. I am a single mum and am terrified that If I carry on like this I won't be around for much longer and my son will be left on his own, (it keeps me up at night).
So i'm starting again today and hoping that you lovely bunch will be able to give me any advice that you have.

Don't stress or feel ashamed. Last time I went near some scales (in July), I was 115kg. [shrugs - it's not exactly surprising to me, even if I would have preferred it to be lower]

I've suggested (and others seemed to approve) that a good first step is to just record what you eat. Don't give it any other significance, other than it being factual. I've got a Fitbit now, so that records my steps, heart rate, etc, but it's not essential - it just satisfies my liking for numbers easily; I can see the days where I'm moving more, I can the see the calories I'm eating and relate them to whether I'm more active (or not - it's lockdown; more not than anything else), how long it takes me to cover a mile (far less time than I thought it would)...it's not got any moral or emotional value to it. And sometimes, because I've logged everything, I can see that I'm under my daily energy requirement and it won't make a difference in the great scheme of things to have *particular calorifically dense food* or an evening snack - or that I don't really need it that much and it can wait in the fridge/freezer/cupboard until I do.

Something recording things could do for you is give you insight; you could be over restricting and that's triggering overeating. You could be having lots of sugar/refined carbs and having awful blood sugar crashes. You could be undereating protein or fat, so sweet things/snacks aren't satisfying you, which means you then eat more of them, when something else would actually fill the physical gap. You could be sleeping really badly and that's why you're resorting to high energy foods in an attempt to give yourself a physical boost.

Just record what you have. Take the emotional 'I'm a bad person' out of it. And then look later and see what it tells you.

After 14 days off falling of the wagon I have finally weighed in and only gained 1.6lbs - I'm very surprised but I'm considering that a win.

Today is my first fast day - I'm planning to do Monday and Friday because those are two days I struggle with over-eating the most so will see how it goes. Will be only weighing once a week for a while so that'll be Saturday mornings.

Reactions: 13
I've been enjoying the videos of a nutritionist on Youtube, Edukale with Lucie. Would recommend to those who have no clue what they are about when it comes to nutrition, balance or a healthy approach to food in general.

Reactions: 2
Morning all. Weighed myself just now and have put on, but I expected it anyway as this last weekend I've had food and boozy beverages galore! It was the end of mine and oh's 'dry month' so after 34 days booze free and weeks of dieting, we decided to have a nice valentine's weekend. Wasn't even going to weigh today, but curiosity got the better of me! Good weekend though ☺. We also don't have any heating at the moment due to burst pipes in the cold snap, and I've realised that being cold for a prolonged time really makes me hungry, particularly for carbs 😬. Not sure when that's going to be fixed so this week could be a bit of a challenge getting back on track. It's due to be much warmer this week though so perhaps it won't be as bad. Woke up one morning and it was 2° in my house, very unpleasant! 😑

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
So I had a great valentine's weekend, ate a lot but I got full so much quicker so still have so much left. Our eyes were bigger than our tummys. So leftovers for today and tomorrow. I'm hoping if I just have smaller portions I'll be ok.

Also lent starts on Wednesday. So I think for my Lenten promise I might do something around more exercise or walking more. But I'll have a think.

Also someone up thread talking about feeling bloated. Omg we had a take away on Saturday, probably the first one since before Christmas and I felt so bloated. I kept being like "poke my stomach feel how solid it is" 😂

Reactions: 6
We also had a takeaway last night, I still feel so full this morning 😬😬 not good. Crazy how different it makes you feel! But I really enjoyed it at the time haha. Looking forward to the next pay day treat in a couple of weeks. Going to stay off the scales for a few days in blissful ignorance but realistically my deficit for 6/7 days should mean the overindulgence yesterday only has a small effect.

Reactions: 9
Didn’t eat back any of my excercise calories this week and I’m down 5lbs, much better than last week! 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have never has an issue with my weight, but over the last two years I have gained 2 stone and despite exercise i cannot shift it. I follow a vegan diet too. Can anyone recommended a good diet that works but doesn’t feel like torture? Slimming world, weight watches, noom?

I have never has an issue with my weight, but over the last two years I have gained 2 stone and despite exercise i cannot shift it. I follow a vegan diet too. Can anyone recommended a good diet that works but doesn’t feel like torture? Slimming world, weight watches, noom?
I personally don’t like any of those types of diets. They’re businesses that want to make a profit so they’re not sustainable diets.. you will lose weight and then most put it back on so you go back and pay again. All those diets do is put you into a calorie deficit. You can do that without the middle man by working out how many calories you should be having to put you into a deficit then just tracking everythinggggg you eat :) this way you can eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your deficit.

The diets obviously do work for some people but just my opinion :)

Reactions: 8
If your diet hasn't changed, you're exercising and you've still gained 2 stones, you might want to check with your GP or a nutritionist if anything else is causing the problem imo. Best to rule out some kind of deficiency or thyroid issues.

I'd recommend a food journal to really see what you're eating and what you can reduce to see a change. Most people find calorie counting helpful in this thread, that might be worth looking into. Good luck!

Reactions: 6
I think it was on here someone recommended the Nutracheck app over myfitnesspal. I’ve been using it for a week and love it so much more than mfp. I think it’s a lot easier to track your food and I love that it comes with pictures lol.

I’ve not weighed myself this week yet but I can’t stop focusing on how much weight I’ve put back on 😕 I think it was this time last year I had lost 2 stone but I’ve gained 10lbs of it back and can’t seem to get back into the right mindset. The app has really helped me see where I’ve been over eating my calories - far too much peanut butter!

Reactions: 5
I'm avoiding the scales for a few days, it's my TOTM and I ate LOADS yesterday but it was nice to have an indulgent day with my other half and trying not to feel guilty for having a day to enjoy myself. Logged everything and that's half the battle sometimes. Feeling positive about staying on track this week, hoping the scales will shift to under 80kg!

Ready to get back on it this week, woke up feeling so much more motivated after a week of not being arsed 💪🏼 Stepped on the scales quickly and it only seems to be a 2lb gain so hoping that’s water and it’ll shift quickly. Literally just want to get past 20lbs loss and I think I’ll be flying again!!

Just writing my meal plan now and I feel like all meal ideas have just gone from my brain 😂

Hope everyone has a good week 😊

Reactions: 11
Ready to get back on it this week, woke up feeling so much more motivated after a week of not being arsed 💪🏼 Stepped on the scales quickly and it only seems to be a 2lb gain so hoping that’s water and it’ll shift quickly. Literally just want to get past 20lbs loss and I think I’ll be flying again!!

Just writing my meal plan now and I feel like all meal ideas have just gone from my brain 😂

Hope everyone has a good week 😊
where do you get the meal plan inspiration from?

Thank you to everyone who replied. I had my feelings they were rip offs, but I also need some guidance. I’ve always managed to get away with what I eat. Not so much anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well, the New 5:2 lasted all of six hours. I don't know what drives it but whenever I try and calorie count (or other form of diet) my brain becomes obsessed with finding comforting junk food, I think it's psychological. Then when I fall off-plan I know it's only a matter of time before I have to be on plan again so binge. I honestly think I'll eat fewer calories longer-term when I don't track and don't have the guilt of past and future failures hanging over me.

There's a spare room here that none of my housemates use so I'm moving my exercise equipment into it (I live on the first floor and the floorboards are too weak to exercise on) and I've been finding recipes that look really nice (and are mostly good calorie wise) and I'm just going to take a step back for a while - no calorie counting, no diet plan, no restriction, not eating good foods and bad foods, just being neutral.

I'm going to exercise because I honestly enjoy exercising, I'm going to go for my walks because I really do enjoy them (thankfully the ice has retreated now), I'm going to eat nice food because it tastes nice, and learn to cook new things because I find cooking fascinating and I'm going to continue working on my mental health so that I don't feel the need to eat non-stop.

I'll still be weighing myself though but only once a week. If I start gaining weight I'll need to have an intervention with myself. I'll still be posting here for accountability but I'm 34 and I've been on a 'diet' non-stop since I was 13 and I think I just need to stop it for a while and stop constantly being so hard on myself.

• Heart
where do you get the meal plan inspiration from?

Thank you to everyone who replied. I had my feelings they were rip offs, but I also need some guidance. I’ve always managed to get away with what I eat. Not so much anymore.
If you search for low-calorie meals online there are lots of websites that have recipes. Getting an idea of how many calories you need for your body to tick over, just keeping you alive is a start, then you can see how many to cut back each day to create a deficit. If you use this website you can put in your height, weight, age and sex and it tells you that answer. https://tdeecalculator.net/ Not sure where you are in the world to know what cookery measurements you use, I'm in the UK so use grammes, https://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/400-calorie-dinners
There are some meal plans on this website to get you started. https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-nutrition/g4351/1200-calorie-diet-plan/ Good luck with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.